Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Papa Zito was interested in what SpyreX and Sotty7 were saying about being a double voters of potentially different strengths in large point because Might Orbots has a one shot double vote as well as another ability.
If it comes up I'll use that double vote to lynch Rhinox today rather than getting lynched if the game state doesn't change in a way that prevents it
, but I think the other ability will be the better one to use today all other things being equal. I say this now so that it won't be a surprise later if it comes up and to allow people to react if they'd like to.
This right there is an awesome little :headdesk:

Although, I swear I'm the only one that looked at the OP after Vi said what they said.

I officially throw my hands up. Lynch whomever, make this day end.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Yeah, my idea for the moychandaising thing only finds the difference between maf and not-maf. So as I said, lyanch is fine.

MO, why are there so many double voters. for serious.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Needless to say at this point the ability to doublevote means squat in relation to alignment.

If anymore secret doublevoters want to pop out they might as well so we can go ahead and lynch one.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

incant; gammagoieeee
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

So the other player who seems to be a popular lynch candidate now is SerialClergyman. His play doesn't particularly offend me here; I don't see the super tunneling on Scotty7. For day one in a game this complicated he seems to be looking about enough. I don't think that I'd be willing to cross vote with him to get us both purged at an intensity increase on the grounds that it seems a bit too likely to just kill off two members of the town.

Papa Zito seems to have a town read on VP Baltar based on our quick topic despite the last exchange in the game thread which seems to indicate some frustration (though that was back on the 4th so perhaps it changed after that.) I find the transition of his stance on Mighty Orbots to be odd and I don't love his take on SerialClergyman at all.

Post stopped mid-way through to respond to SpyreX's last post.

@SpyreX, clearly you think that in some way that shouldn't be possible or some such thing. I've looked at the opening post. I've looked at the ability description both in my PM and in Post 2. Do you think that only one double vote per day can happen for some reason? I can't see any reason to think that should be the case. Assume I'm an idiot here and help me see what's missing.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Er, well, clearly that break ended up addressing the post before SypreX's last post. Ah well.

@Gammagooey, that's a really good question. You should ask Vi when the game is over. I know that SpyreX isn't lying and I don't particularly think that Sotty7 should be so for now I just think that it's the case, not that I know why.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Porkens, I can not read you at all.

Unincant, Incant:Jazzmyn

Jazz what are your opinions on this double-voting madness.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Porkens, that vote for Gammagooey must be a fairly serious one if you're dropping your try to get a couple people ready to be purged at an increase in intensity and end the day soon plan in favor of someone with just two votes which probably won't be staying there for too long based on the overall state of the votes (i.e. mine and the self-vote.) Or am I making poor assumptions somewhere here?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Porkens »

Your ultimatum promises that if I keep my vote on you, you'll ensure a single lynch...or did I read that wrong?

Rhinox is a solid lynch today. SC is just convenient. Gamma Gooi has ruffled my spokes for seriously suggesting that the two wagons cross-vote eachother.

I'd be perfectly content with Rhinox/Gamma lynch today. Anyone else who's near enough to have a 3-way (hot) lynch can swing, too.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Porkens, I do like that you're being consistent about wanting multiple purges today but the disliking of the cross voting is pretty poor planning. If the wagons don't cross vote each other then if one of the two is scum and the other isn't there's no reason for the scum not to move their vote and cause the single purge. I think it becomes impossible to manage if you want to purge more than two. For this to work safely (or at least something that approximates safely) you need to have two players who suspect eachother enough to be cross voting from the start.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

If two people are going to be the lynches today, how is it not a good idea for them to crossvote to make sure the other doesn't hammer while waiting for the intensity to drop? Yes, it certainly has more flaws now that half the game is double vote party but an intelligent maf will hammer at L-1 instead of allowing himself to be lynched with the other guy.

-Small text because I got ninja'd and it's basically the same stuff.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

I'd lynch Rhinox to save my arse but not gamma. I've actually liked his play, especially the careful attitude towards getting people to cross vote (if I'm one of two people on L-1 ready to be lynched, isn't it in my best interest as any alignment to hammer the other person?)

Extra double voter claim is odd. Spyrex still town, Sotty less so but I still like the time she claimed. I'm not sure scum would have stuck their neck out. To be honest, kind of the same with Zorblag, but then there was also by that time the obvious fact that keeping it to yourself only to crack outl ater would raise questions.
I'm old now.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by Porkens »

If someone blows the multi-purge, though, would that be a scumtell? I guess this goes back to my old question: is it protown to let yourself be lynched in a masspurge?

3 is probably pie-in-the-sky, logistically. However, 2 is certainly doable.

I see your point about "not liking my not liking the request for competing wagons to crossvote" but I don't think it's reasonable to say (as gooie did) 'you two crossvote for eachother' when neither has expressed a strong opinion on the other. Anyways.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:32 pm

but an intelligent
maf
player of any alignment will hammer at L-1 instead of allowing himself to be lynched with the other guy.
I'm old now.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Nah SC, if two town players are up it's better to lynch them both at once than to have one kill the other, have a maf kill, and then lynch another townie the next day.
It would be even better to lynch neither of them in that scenario or to lynch a maf, but you get my point I think.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Porkens, if scum is going to get purged if they don't mess up a multi-purge then it's certainly worth them looking scummy in the future to avoid being purged right then and ending the incantation (barring some crazy combination of abilities being used I suppose.)

Pretty much what SerialClergyman and Gammagooey are saying. The any player thing that you ask about does make an interesting question though. Offhand I'd guess that usually the answer is no. If you're town and you've got a chance to be lynched with others who might be scum or letting them get lynched without you why would you want to get lynched? Unless somehow you were sure that your staying alive was detrimental to the town or that the other candidate for the lynch was not only town but actually more valuable than you alive (and then I suppose you'd want to self hammer) I can't see why you'd let the multi-lynch go down if you weren't already cross voting.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:41 pm

This is a fair point. Shall we all agree anyone hammering when they're at L-1 and an intended double lynch will 100% be lynched immediately the next day?
I'm old now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by SpyreX »

This is a fair point. Shall we all agree anyone hammering when they're at L-1 and an intended double lynch will 100% be lynched immediately the next day?
We needed to discuss this?

Yes, self-preservation isn't going to be winning any powerful town cred. It's a given. Just the fact PZ said it was damn near enough to make me want to lynch them.

At all the homeys (see doublevoters) in the house:
All of the possible abilities in the game are listed below.
Each ability will be preceded by "Once during the game" or "Once during each Incantation".
You may not use more than one (A) ability during each Incantation.
(A) Doublevote. You may place an extra vote against someone. You may not move it once placed, and it will disappear at the end of this Incantation.
I'm NOT going to get any more specific than this. These two pieces and one piece of information YOU have should be the realization that something is different than you think.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Mighty Orbots wrote:Happy birthday SpyreX.
WTF did you just do?
And why did you do it to Sotty7?
I am puzzled by the bolded, which was a response to Spyrex making a doublevote.
But I also don't think you'd claim to have the doublevote ability if you didn't have it.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@SpyreX, you're almost certainly mixing up something there and I think I might see what it is. I'd suggest checking with the mod to see if your understanding is correct if you haven't. We can fail to talk about it further now if you'd like but I do now know that you're not talking about anything that I haven't seen.

@Herodotus, Papa Zito thought that SpyreX was doing something in addition to double voting because of how he named his incants.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:13 pm

We needed to discuss this?
Apparantly. I'd totally hammer someone else in self-preservation unless I had a strong town read on them.
I'm old now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Well, if it wasn't FILIBUSTERING 3 TO LYNCH and someone was up for a lynch for a reason and powerbombed it and it wasn't scum (or maybe even a goon depending) you can guarantee all they've done is waste collabrative lynches, let the scum make a kill, and put it back in the same spot the next day.

Now, POWERFUL WIZARDS and all may, if the filibustering allows it, take someone into the burning hells WITH them but never to save myself just to get lynched the next day.
Show

Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm more inclined to think that Rhinox is town considering he actually claimed.

These other two knuckleheads scrambling to save their asses, not so much. Both need to go.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:01 am

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

:arrow:
Rhinox (P-2)
~
Nachomamma8
SpyreX
Herodotus

:arrow:
SerialClergyman (P-2)
~
Jazzmyn
Sotty7
VP Baltar

Gammagooey (P-3)
~ Mighty Orbots,
Gammagooey
Porkens

Mighty Orbots (P-3) ~
Jahudo
SerialClergyman
Porkens

Porkens (P-4)
~
Rhinox

Sotty7 (P-4)
~
-INCANT-

Jazzmyn (P-4)
~
Gammagooey

--At Intensity ε, it will take 5 Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Wednesday, February 17, 2010...
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:27 am

Post by Porkens »

MO, so breaking a multi-lynch in order to save yourself is scummy AND a good move for the scum.

How do you reconcile that with your 747?

SpyreX, I'm not sure what you are trying to point out, but maybe that's because I don't know what you are presenting this evidence in relation to.

As I read the abilities, each doublevoter is either a 1-shot or multi-shot, and they would not be able to use their other ability (if any) in the same incantation. I guess it is ambiguous about WHO the 'extra' vote can go on, but if your role goes by this verbage, then it can go one anyone. A simple "you don't get it" will suffice here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”