Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:36 am

Post by Rhinox »

I don't know if I can prove that I'm not 3rd party, but if you consider what events need to happen in order for a moychendiser wincon to be attained along with the fact that I've now claimed and that my targets (and thus everyone) knows who has moychendise at any given time, you'll see that its pretty much impossible for me as a hypo-3rd party to attain a wincon. For example, the town can force me to stop handing out moychendise at any time by threatening to lynch me if I continue. Only confusing scenario would be is if there are others or a real moychendiser out there who also have the marketing ability. So the town really has nothing to lose by leaving me alive at this point.

Seondly, even if I were 3rd party, I would still need to scum hunt, because although a moychendiser needs scum alive with moychendise in order to attain a win con, the moychendiser can not allow scum to achieve their wincon and end the game before the moychendiser has enough time to pass out enough moychendise to enough players.

Hero wrote:Rhinox, do you have any more to say about why you chose me?
Well, like I said, I wasn't sure what effect the items would have. I wasn't really sure about you at the time, so it really wouldn't have bothered me if it killed you. Also, since you said players should claim if they received moychendise, I figured it would be a test of your honesty, as well as letting the town know that you received something that could potentially be used against the town if you're scum. I also thought that it didn't seem likely you would be lynched, so if you received something that can help the town, you should live long enough to be able to use it.

I'm debating whether or not you should tell us if the item had no effect. If there was no effect whatsoever, I would have to consider simply stoppping passing out moychendise now since continuing would only add to the fears that I am some dangerous 3rd part.
nacho wrote:@Rhinox: Why did you give Moychendise out on Day 1? The Moychendiser wins when everyone has a piece of moychendise, whether he gives it out or not. In addition, you don't really know what you're doing in giving out the moychendise, so your basically just making the moychendiser's job easier...
I actually did not consider that a real moychendiser might exist in addition to me with the marketing (A) ability. But no worries about that now, until/unless others start showing up with moychendise not given to them by me. should be very easy to figure out.
jahudo wrote:Nacho makes a good point. Why help out a potential moychandaiser? Why give Hero an ability they may or may not be good for town? Neither seems like good reasons to use the power.
If I haven't answered these two points sufficiently in this post already, let me know and I'll give it another shot. Regardless, what point are you trying to make here? I can see 2 different possibilities.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:46 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

@All:

My apologies for my absence. I had a skiing accident on Saturday morning when a moron on a snowboard crashed into me from behind and knocked me flying; his board lifted my skis out from under me, and I landed badly, whacked my head and broke my tibia just above the ankle. The fracture was displaced, and required surgery to fix with a plate and pins. I got home from the hospital on Sunday night and asked my beau to contact Vi to let her know that I’d be unable to play for a few days until things settled down as I’ve been fluctuating between being in a lot of pain and being zonked out from pain medication. My beau is going to set me up with a laptop tonight so that I can get online from a prone position because it’s awkward and hard to get comfortable at my desk right now. I hope to catch up on what I’ve missed then.

Regards,
Jazz
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:01 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Porkens, breaking a multi-lynch that was expected to go through by lynching one of the others about to be lynched would be scummy (and clearly a good move for the scum.) Town shouldn't have a desire to get into a position where they're letting both them self and someone else they consider town get lynched nor should they let them self get lynched with someone they think is likely to be scum if they've got the option to lynch the other person individually (unless they're sure they'll be lynched later anyhow.) In general the way that a multi-lynch makes sense is if you've got two candidates who both suspect eachother cross voting and bring them to P-1 (or P-2 if the other one is a double voter who hasn't used the ability yet) and let them either get purged alone at the change in intensity or take the other down with them.

I do think that Rhinox is a good enough candidate for scum or third party that he's worth lynching today above me alone if I've got the chance. It's not clear to me how that would contradict anything included in my view there.

@SpyreX, I have now confirmed that the game mechanics work in the way that I believed they work. I'd strongly suggest that you make sure you're right about what you think is the case for the game. If you are then I have no idea what you're trying to get at but you seem to think that something that's apparently perfectly possible couldn't happen. It'd be better if one of the two of us was clear on at least some part of the mechanics here.

@Rhinox, if you've got the moychendiser win-condition then you might have some desire to find scum to hand your moychendise to but you can't afford to help the town find them in the situation you're describing. If you did then you would be defeating the purpose of wanting to hand them the moychedise in the first place. Also, do you really claim that you didn't think of the possibility of there being someone with a moychendiser win condition in the game before someone else brought it up given that you've got the ability? I have trouble with that.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Jahudo »

Rhinox wrote:If I haven't answered these two points sufficiently in this post already, let me know and I'll give it another shot. Regardless, what point are you trying to make here? I can see 2 different possibilities.
You did answer my questions, and I was trying to see what you were thinking about your role when the game started. I don't think I would have used a role just to prove I had it or if I thought it wouldn't help.

Okay, I don't really like the idea of Rhinox being quickhammered as the only purge today. It's really unlikely he's mafia, and he isn't much of a threat if he's 3rd party right now so maybe we should keep him around and purge him if he tries to give away more moychendise.

We should look for two potential mafia types. I think MO should be one, and right now I'd probably go SC, Jazz, Pork, then Gamma.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:43 am

Post by Herodotus »

never to save myself just to get lynched the next day.
Right. the self-preservation SC and MO mention just means you'd probably be solo purged the next day. The only exception to the rule that I can think of is PULO (PUrge Or Lose,) but depending on the number and distribution of doublevoters, we don't know when that would be.

I'm seeing Gammagooey as townish right now. And I think the doublevoter claims are minor towntells.

I'm not sure about Rhinox being suspicious of me, but his story is pretty consistent with his claim.
I would be very surprised if there exists a moychandiser who doesn't have the marketing ability, but someone with the marketing ability who isn't a moychandiser is possible. If you're scum, you probably saw me as the best test subject to see whether that piece of merchandise had bad effects, before you passed it on to your buddies. If you're town, you wanted to see whether I'd claim it like I suggested others should. If it grants a townie a useful ability, even better. And why not use it? As long as most everyone alive doesn't have merchandise, the merchandiser WinCon isn't much of a consideration.
There could definitely be another player with the marketing ability.

I'd like to see what Jazzmyn and VP Baltar think. I'm seriously considering sparing Rhinox today.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:57 am

Post by SpyreX »

VP wrote:I'm more inclined to think that Rhinox is town considering he actually claimed.

These other two knuckleheads scrambling to save their asses, not so much. Both need to go.
Which two knuckleheads this time? I mean there's so many people I want to lynch I can't just narrow it back down to two.

Annnywwhooo, I'm not ignoring other things, I'm waiting for something to ripen and then maybe I'll have A SHOCKING REVELATION.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Doing a more proper catchup now that I have some time.

nacho wrote:I wouldn't mind if SC talked about something more about the meta point. Before that, he spoke about absolutely nothing (save all of about 2 posts), and then when the meta discussion came around, that's pretty much all he's talked about.
well yeah, you won't get much disagreement from me about that.
nacho wrote:@Rhinox: Why did you give Moychendise out on Day 1?
Probably to try and distribute abilities.....have you read the abilities page?
Sotty wrote:Out of all these suggestions I think the 1st is the most likely. I am happy with a Rhinox purge at this point.
Based on what? Personally, if he was the moychendiser I don't see any reason for him to try and direct attention toward himself being the one distributing the moychendise. I mean, that rather defeats his whole purpose. Since he can only distribute one piece of moychendise a day, it would be very easy to calculate when he was close to acheiving his wincon and purge him before that. Claiming like he did would essentially be an auto-loss.
MO wrote:OK, looking at the possible ways in which Moychendising can be included in the game I don't see any great reason to keep him around. He's either a distraction or a detriment and I've got no qualms about him being purged today offhand.
I don't know if I agree with this. We can purge him whenever we please and it isn't really going to affect our ability to get rid of scum. Additionally, there is at least some chance of receiving benefits (abilities) by keeping him around if he's town.

@Spy - I don't think there's a reason for you to be cryptic about the doublevoter ability. Clearly there are multiple people who are not seeing whatever you're getting at, so if you think it's important for the town to know it might be best to just be straight about it.

Spy wrote:Needless to say at this point the ability to doublevote means squat in relation to alignment.
I definitely agree with this.
MO wrote:SerialClergyman. His play doesn't particularly offend me here; I don't see the super tunneling on Scotty7. For day one in a game this complicated he seems to be looking about enough.
Seriously? Enlighten me as to who you think he's been looking at "enough" today apart from Sotty.
MO wrote:I find the transition of his stance on Mighty Orbots to be odd and I don't love his take on SerialClergyman at all.
What "transition" of my stance?
Porkens wrote:If someone blows the multi-purge, though, would that be a scumtell? I guess this goes back to my old question: is it protown to let yourself be lynched in a masspurge?
Hell yes it's a scumtell. Unless you have some fantastically awesome role that you think the town couldn't do without, then taking the purge for the team is the pro-town thing to do imo.

@Spy (again) - I think I get what you're saying now, but I don't know if that's really true. It could be tested very easily I think. However, you believing this does explain your play a bit better to me. Welcome to the town category!
Rhinox wrote:I actually did not consider that a real moychendiser might exist in addition to me with the marketing (A) ability.
Really? Not at all?

---Hope you feel better, Jazz.---
Hero wrote:I'd like to see what Jazzmyn and VP Baltar think. I'm seriously considering sparing Rhinox today.
I agree with pretty much everything you said in 504. The amount of weight people are putting on the moychendiser aspect at this point seems like a scum diversion if you ask me, which in turn makes me think Rhinox is town.

If I had Rhinox's ability, I would almost certainly use it Day 1 to try and hand out abilities if I could. Never know when a night kill is coming your way.

MO and SC need to be the purges today.

I don't like how quiet Sotty has become this game since attention moved away from her. What's the dealio?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:30 am

Post by SpyreX »

Alright I'll try to explain without going TOO FAR.

Once upon a time there was a POWERFUL WIZARD. He was given his powers by the grace of the Almighty Mod.

He looked upon these powers, and was joyous.

However, the voice of the Almighty Mod rung out saying (paraphrase):

"Some of the powers I have given have been changed."

So, a POWERFUL WIZARD meditated and saw the difference.
Where, once, a power said "Once per game" it no longer did!
A POWERFUL WIZARD became A POWERFULLER WIZARD.

And then opted to show those around him some of his powers.

Then, one stepped forward and said "I, too, am a WIZARD. Only a LESSER WIZARD, though."

I, with my infinite knowledge, lended my hand to this WIZARD and said "Be not afraid, for look and see that you are far more POWERFUL than you thought."

And it was good.

Then, yet another stepped forward and said they too were a LESSER WIZARD. And, again, I reached my hand out to help this WIZARD see their POWER.

Yet, I was rebuffed! Further, this WIZARD claims that the Almighty Mod said his, and thus all others, were LESSER. Further, this WIZARD opted to say that he would shed the blood of others without his own if challenged.

These things concern even the most POWERFUL WIZARDS.

Would the Almighty Mod lie to a POWERFUL WIZARD?

Would a PROPERLY EVIL WIZARD opt to not shed as much blood as possible?

Time is a factor. These questions keep us up at night. We fear the answers.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Gammagooey »

That was a great story. Good show.

NOW THEN.

Rhinox, how do you feel about MO and vice-versa. aka, would you be willing to crossvote?

VP, let's go into imaginary land and pretend Rhino hasn't claimed yet. If he is scum, what do you think he will claim to be?

Sotty, what do you think of MO's claim and SpyreX's story?

If crossvote is deemed unlikely to happen by 6-7pmish (EST) I'll throw my vote on Rhino.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@SpyreX, I regret to inform you that if your role PM says you've got the double voter ability once per game then you've sqandered it and it is no more. The modular nature of the roles gives Vi the ability to make individual (A) abilities either once per game or once per incantation. It very specifically now says that the abilities will be preceded by either once per game or once per incantation. Both of my abilities are once per game. It seems that yours and Sotty7's were as well. Rhinox can likely share whether his says once per game or once per incantation but with moychendising it would almost have to specify the once per incantation option. I am sorry to hear about your misunderstanding though really the system as stated is pretty clear at this point.

Of course you don't need to believe me about this. You can clear it up by checking with the higher power in these parts if you'd like. Perhaps I've mis-interpreted what you've got to say but everything does fit together nicely now.

@Gammagooey, as I've already said, right now I have the ability to cause Rhinox to be the only lynch rather than both Rhinox and I being lynched. At this point that is still what I would do; this isn't a spot where self hammering would be useful for town in a normal game. Right now letting myself get lynched with Rhinox would be the equivalent of that from what I can see. Despite what others are now saying (and I'll address that in a bit) I don't think that his claim of the moychendiser ability should be used as a reason to keep him about.

@VP Baltar, the transition of your stance on Mighty Orbots that takes you from not being concerned about my being about and engaging in exchanges with Papa Zito to our being a necessary lynch today because we're only showing up to answer questions or when we've gotten attention (especially as others are in the same category it seems.) Perhaps I'm not seeing how the motivation changed and you could clear it up. I compare it to someone like Jahudo who seems also to have gone from a neutral read on Mighty Orbots to thinking that we should be lynched in a way that gives me access to his reasons much more readily. I don't agree with the reasons but they're there to look at.

SerialClergyman has been giving his opinions on what's happening in the game (and has been since the start) on a variety of players. He's asking questions, he appears to be examining motivations. If you want names of people that I think he's paying attention to nicely beyond Sotty7 I'd say Jahudo, Porkens, SpyreX and you as a start.

@everyone re: Rhinox, why is it exactly that we're letting a claimed ability that has every potential to be or help a non-town faction stop him from being a lynch target? Why are we assuming that if he's not a moychendiser himself that he's more likely to be town than scum (I let it go when it was said the first time but that seems to be the concensus reaction for reasons that confuse me)? Claims shouldn't stop lynches in general unless there's actually some good pro-town benefit to be had from them. The argument we should leave him around if he's third party because we can purge him anytime we want is as foolish as keeping a survivor around. In this case it's probably worse. A survivor doesn't inherently have a victory related motivation to hinder scum hunting; the moychendiser on the other hand can't win if the scum are all eliminated before all the town has moychendise.

Unless I see a strong reason to believe that either Rhinox needs to be telling the truth (i.e. has the ability and is specifically town aligned) or he's a third party that it's more beneficial to keep around for the benefits of the moychendise despite the fact that we don't want him to hand out more he should be lynched today.

This close to the increase in intensity I'm going to go ahead and

Incant: Rhinox

That should put him at P-1.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

gamma wrote:VP, let's go into imaginary land and pretend Rhino hasn't claimed yet. If he is scum, what do you think he will claim to be?
Something that isn't directly related to a third party win con seems like a wise decision. Double voter seems to be popular.
MO wrote:the transition of your stance on Mighty Orbots that takes you from not being concerned about my being about and engaging in exchanges with Papa Zito to our being a necessary lynch today because we're only showing up to answer questions or when we've gotten attention (especially as others are in the same category it seems.)
I think you guys have been excessively non-committal on issues over the course of the game. I still wasn't all that concerned about your being away Troll, since I could corroborate it in our other ongoing, but after you posted there a couple times and not here (nor PZ here), that seems suspicious to me. I don't see how having a declining comfortability with your player slot as you guys became increasingly on the outskirts of the game is such a surprise to you if you're town.
MO wrote:I compare it to someone like Jahudo who seems also to have gone from a neutral read on Mighty Orbots to thinking that we should be lynched in a way that gives me access to his reasons much more readily. I don't agree with the reasons but they're there to look at.
Implying I ever had a town read on you? Quotes please.

Additionally, you might want to look at where Jahudo got his reasons from.
MO wrote:If you want names of people that I think he's paying attention to nicely beyond Sotty7 I'd say Jahudo, Porkens, SpyreX and you as a start.
Any of these happened before I called him out on his mega tunnel?

Additionally, his reasons for voting Jahudo are incoherent 'I'm not voting Sotty anymore!' business. He hasn't looked into Spy, Porkens or myself as far as I can tell. It looks to me like you just went through his iso to see who he voted and tacked my name on there for good measure because it appeared a lot when he was responding to my points. You should really try to keep up though because now he claims he's fine with Rhinox or you getting purged.

I think I agree with the former at least.

Incant: Mighty Orbots

Someone (Sotty, Porkens), get your shit on this wagon immediately before Rhinox is the only purge today.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Sotty7 »

What a crappy time to get busy. Okay catching up...
VP Baltar Post 506 wrote:Based on what? Personally, if he was the moychendiser I don't see any reason for him to try and direct attention toward himself being the one distributing the moychendise. I mean, that rather defeats his whole purpose. Since he can only distribute one piece of moychendise a day, it would be very easy to calculate when he was close to acheiving his wincon and purge him before that. Claiming like he did would essentially be an auto-loss.
For one, when Rhniox gave out his first piece of moychendise how exactly did he direct attention to himself? Yeah it would shed light on the moychendiser role, but there would be no heat directly back on him. The whole purpose of the role is to make sure everyone gets a piece. Of course he is going to give it out as soon as he can. He claimed because he had no other choice really that doesn't mean we should spare him.

You do however, have a point about how we can monitor his wincon and lynch him at will, but why put it off?

Spy....
Mighty Orbots Post 509 wrote:@SpyreX, I regret to inform you that if your role PM says you've got the double voter ability once per game then you've sqandered it and it is no more. The modular nature of the roles gives Vi the ability to make individual (A) abilities either once per game or once per incantation. It very specifically now says that the abilities will be preceded by either once per game or once per incantation. Both of my abilities are once per game. It seems that yours and Sotty7's were as well. Rhinox can likely share whether his says once per game or once per incantation but with moychendising it would almost have to specify the once per incantation option. I am sorry to hear about your misunderstanding though really the system as stated is pretty clear at this point.

Of course you don't need to believe me about this. You can clear it up by checking with the higher power in these parts if you'd like. Perhaps I've mis-interpreted what you've got to say but everything does fit together nicely now.
Pretty much this.

@Gammagooey, Spy's story makes little sense to me. I think he needs to check with Vi. MO's claim makes me very uneasy. He seems to be saying the opposite to what I said in regards to the vote and would rather Rhinox hang than him. I'm not digging the self preservation. Also he has thrown his vote on Rhinox despite the fact he would be lynched anyway at this rate, just with Serial as well. I really don't like that move at all.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Missed VP's post as I was typing mine.

Incant: Mighty Orbots
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:51 am

Post by SpyreX »

@SpyreX, I regret to inform you that if your role PM says you've got the double voter ability once per game then you've sqandered it and it is no more. The modular nature of the roles gives Vi the ability to make individual (A) abilities either once per game or once per incantation. It very specifically now says that the abilities will be preceded by either once per game or once per incantation. Both of my abilities are once per game. It seems that yours and Sotty7's were as well. Rhinox can likely share whether his says once per game or once per incantation but with moychendising it would almost have to specify the once per incantation option. I am sorry to hear about your misunderstanding though really the system as stated is pretty clear at this point.

Except for the fact very specifically the words "Once per game" were removed from the A.) Doublevote ability specifically. Making it in line with the other abilities.

Why remove "once per game" if, in fact, the ability is still "once per game".

Incant: SpyreX

I can't leave this to where a doublevote hammer could happen right now.
Show

Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sotty wrote:For one, when Rhniox gave out his first piece of moychendise how exactly did he direct attention to himself? Yeah it would shed light on the moychendiser role, but there would be no heat directly back on him. The whole purpose of the role is to make sure everyone gets a piece.
I'm referring to his claim being what is directing attention toward himself. Since this is a semi-open game, it's not like he'd need to be too creative to come up with a good claim that would at least keep him alive long enough for him to distribute his moychendise.
Sotty wrote:You do however, have a point about how we can monitor his wincon and lynch him at will, but why put it off?
If people are quite concerned about it, then him going isn't the biggest deal in the world to me so we can maybe move on to finding the actual scum. However, the current obsession with him and some individuals making it sound like he's the only one worthy of a purge today bothers me. If that does happen and he flips town, I reserve the right to neener neener neener I told you so.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:56 am

Post by SpyreX »

Arrow Rhinox (P-2) ~ Nachomamma8, Herodotus, MO
Arrow SerialClergyman (P-4) ~ Jazzmyn,
Gammagooey (P-3) ~ Gammagooey, Porkens
Mighty Orbots (P-1) ~ Jahudo, SerialClergyman, VP Baltar, Sotty7
Porkens (P-4) ~ Rhinox
Sotty7 (P-4) ~ -INCANT-
Jazzmyn (P-4) ~ Gammagooey
Spyrex (P-4) ~ SpyreX

I think thats right?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@VP Baltar, the trouble isn't the declining comfortablity on it's own so much as it is that I don't see the transition like I do with Jahudo. I'm not sure how saying that Jahudo seemed to have a neutral read on Mighty Orbots would imply that I think you had a town read on Mighty Orbots; why would you think that I thought you had a town read? For SerialClergyman yes, I think that he was paying attention to the players both before and after what you're calling the tunneling. If you don't think that he was interacting with them pretty much from the start I'm not quite sure what to tell you.

@SpyreX, the once per game was removed from Post 2 so that Vi could put either once per game or once per incantation into the role PMs consistently. Further, you're almost certainly town, right now I'd prefer if you went with incant (or vote) no purge rather than incanting yourself. It probably won't matter but there's no reason not to take the safe route.

@Everyone, that does change the game state, yes. I can no longer use my double vote to cause someon else to be voted and not myself. If we're going to multi-purge people that include a double voter this is the way that it should be done.

Let me look and think for a bit.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

@SpyreX, the once per game was removed from Post 2 so that Vi could put either once per game or once per incantation into the role PMs consistently. Further, you're almost certainly town, right now I'd prefer if you went with incant (or vote) no purge rather than incanting yourself. It probably won't matter but there's no reason not to take the safe route.
So, the mod removed "Once per game" so it fits into the other ones better when the others ones are all, based on what I see, once per Incantation?

Or, to put it differently:

After the game started, the mod declarified an ability to do exactly what it did before the edit?

----

And I'm not seeing how that Incant would use your doublevote. Hence me moving off so you can't throw the other one on.

----

And now I'm confused as all hell because I was PRETTY SURE that Sotty agreed with me before about understanding and now has went the other direction?

----

Needless to say if tonight a POWERFUL WIZARD kicks the bucket don't trust these "one-shot" doublevoters at all.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by SpyreX »

God in heaven, I think I may see what they are saying.

If thats the case I hate everything in the world because there's NO WAY I can check it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I thought you were just talking about the balance of power and how it works out if I'm only a one shot. I had no idea you meant that you thought suddenly you could use a one shot as many times as you like.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@SpyreX, if the original on post two was written as once per game then it was changed to remove the prefix (I don't know what the original post was; I don't know if the double voter ability was changed or not.) That gives the mod the ability to either make the ability once per game or once per incantation to different players rather than forcing the mod to make the strength of everyone's ability identical. You seem to be assuming that because the ability you got in the PM has that additional feature that isn't listed in post 2 that it must be one of the ones that was changed. How the ability works doesn't really depend on that at all.

Do you disagree that the way things are set up the mod currently has the ability to send a PM that specifies either once per game or once per incantation for individual abilities that will vary by player?

Really though, just PM the mod and get the question answered that way. It's not that hard to do.

Also, is there a reason that you don't change your incant to incant: no purge? It doesn't really matter right now but it'll potentially be important to remember that as an option in the future.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I did PM the mod, thank you very much.

Although, in reality what I asked isn't concrete enough to say for sure.

I'm bitter at the moment and I better not take it out on this game.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

OK, at this point if people are committed to purging me (there does seem to be some indication that this is the case) you've put me in the correct position to get me to cooperate with a double purge (though you should really get the other person that we want to purge to cross vote me; failing to do that just means that they'll hammer me before the increase in intensity if they're about and they're scum.) Who would people like to be a second purge at this point. Rhinox is my top choice but let's hear what people are looking at now that some dust has cleared. I'm not interested in it being either SerialClergyman or SpyreX just now.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Awesome I had a post and just copy/pasted it away.

I'll try again:

@Zor:

You've got two powers. You've said so.

Its hours before a lynch on yourself and you've opted to threaten earlier today to try and push Rhinox over versus...using your other ability in any fashion.

Why hasn't this even been brought up or discussed?

----

Keep in mind as it sits I'd give the chances of BOTH of these lynches being scum a million billion to one. Rhinox may be third party but definitely not scum WITH MO.

----

That still doesn't get me as much as this when I look at it:
Sotty wrote:I believe I see what you are driving at Spy. Talking about power difference right?
Sotty wrote: I thought you were just talking about the balance of power and how it works out if I'm only a one shot. I had no idea you meant that you thought suddenly you could use a one shot as many times as you like.
This is in response to my repeated saying "Look at the OP, you aren't a one-shot".

Now, if the case is that Sotty didn't think that was what I was talking about.... what OTHER balance of power is there?

Incant: Sotty

This is a much better place to park my vote because that really doesn't add up.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD