Monty Python Quest for the holy grail, GAME OVER!!!

Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:55 am

Post by Werebear »

I just ***HAD*** to post that.

That leaves us with a few options - we can go after one of the three guilty that she's found, or we can go after the not guilty.

-o-'s not paranoid, or she wouldn't have gotten an innocent. I say we have role claims from the three guilty, and we go after the most suspicious of those. Arthur I wouldn't think would be a insane cop. *shrugs* this is just my opinion, feel free to flame away.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:56 am

Post by Saigon »

I thought we were an anarco-syndicalist commune :D
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:00 am

Post by Saigon »

I say we get a roleclaim from Thoth. If he's suspicious we lynch him, if he turns out to be scum we can assume that the three others are innocent. If he's innocent, it's actually likely that the other three are scum, expecially since Loose Cannon and fishbulb are very high on my scum list.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:09 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Sorry. I didn't realize that he got an innocent once or whatever. I guess we can go with roleclaims but that's a lot of people. What was the role name of your charater Orbiting?

-DS
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:14 am

Post by Saigon »

He's Arthur king of the wossnames

We only need Thoth to roleclaim, since he found him innocent.

Therefor I'm forwarding my official requests for Thoth's roleclaim, and I hope the rest of you do the same.
God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:43 am

Post by God »

Sorry for not posting, busy with school and lookin at university info and such.
As for orbiting, finding 3 scum seems a little high dont you think? You must be insane because i know i'm innocent, and by that logic Thoth must be scum, or you're just pulling a very complex lepton's gambit.

If we lynch thoth and hes guilty, Fish, LC, and I are confirmed townies.
If we lynch thoth and hes innocent, one of two possibilities will come up:

1.) Fish, LC, and I are all scum
2.) You are scum that is succeeding in wasting at least two of the towns lynches.
In my opinion, it seems that if thoth turns out innocent, it also seems much more probable that it is the second possibility, because in a game this size, finding 3 scum in 4 nights is a very small chance.
God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:44 am

Post by God »

I forgot,
Vote: Thoth

FOS:Orbiting
God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:45 am

Post by God »

Make that
unvote:NS vote:Thoth FOS:ORB
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:05 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Unvote God
(I think);
Vote Thoth

My guess is that he's insane.

-DS
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:11 am

Post by massive »

I have to concur that I don't think Arthur would be an insane cop. He may have been silly, but that's a far cry from insane. He would (at the very least) know that his own knights were good guys and that the French and the three-headed giant were bad (maybe he would get the bunny wrong, but seriously, now we're nitpicking).

Add to it that I was already suspicious of Fishbulb (and that I would have investigated him by now were I a cop), AND that I think those four choices as a whole are smart choices for investigation ... and I think O is the real deal.

In Princess Bride, DP nailed two scum in the first two days. I have completely suspended disbelief in this possibilities of nailing X number of scum in X days. Therefore, I can't imagine that asking Thoth for a roleclaim is the way to proceed.

vote God (again)
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:57 am

Post by Macros »

4 God (Mathcam, Bane221, Orbiting, Massive)
2 Loose Cannon (Night Stalker, saigon)
2 Thoth (God, Dragon Slayer)
1 Saigon (Darkblade)
Oh the huge manatee!!
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:01 pm

Post by Saigon »

unvote: Loose Cannon

vote: Thoth

I still think it's better to get thoth to roleclaim first. Then we won't need to lynch anyone who might be innocent or get a roleclaim from anyone else if he sounds like scum, but I'll bow down to the majority if you disagree with me.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:35 pm

Post by Thoth »

I agree with the fact that its best to get a roleclaim from me. Maybe its even best to lynch me anyhow because either I'm scum or we've found 3 scum. Or maybe I shouldn't say this as I still want to live till the end.

I'm Roger the Shrubbist and I give shrubberies at night. People who get shrubberies are protected for 2 nights. First I thought that this meant that I was an extremely powerful doc, until I gave one to Leonidas and he died. After checking with Macros it turned out that shrubberies only protect people from the Knights who say Ni, making me pretty useless as they don't kill.

This could help to clear me though. If I protected someone for a night on which bane targeted him and nothing happened to that person. Therefore I'll list my protections. Remember that they last for 2 nights in a row, So Rite was protected night 1 + 2 etc.

Night 1: Rite
Night 2: mathcam
Night 3: Leonidas
Night 4: bane221 Just to see what would happen :mrgreen:
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:42 pm

Post by massive »

My voting is based on the belief that O can't be getting reversed results. I don't think Arthur would.

Saigon, on page 24, you listed Loose Cannon and Fishbulb in your "most suspicious" list. Why do you now think that Orbiting might be getting flipped results, when two of the three match up with your list?
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:04 pm

Post by Saigon »

Saigon, on page 24, you listed Loose Cannon and Fishbulb in your "most suspicious" list. Why do you now think that Orbiting might be getting flipped results, when two of the three match up with your list?
Because I know I'm not perfect, and I might be mistaken. I do look upon them as the most suspicious, but I'm baffled by the possiblity that Orbiting found 3 scum in 4 nights. Ofcourse if people can confirm Thoth's roleclaim I'll be even more baffled by my amazing intelligence and ability to spot scum :D

Getting Thoth to roleclaim seemed like the best way to prevent unnecessary roleclaims and possible lynching of innocents.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:30 pm

Post by Werebear »

So Roger the Shrubber is a role blocker for a bunch of role blockers?!?!

*hold head in paws*
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:40 pm

Post by Night Stalker »

Having made my own list of potential roles (especally since I was considering claiming someone else other then the Black Knight) I'm pretty sure Concord is in the game. Not only that, but Loose Cannon's description of Concord's role make sense.
But that doesn't change the fact that LC has been acting incredibly scummy the entire game.
I'm sticking with my vote on LC. If he's telling the truth, he'll survive the lynch, he'll be a confirmed innocent, and we'll also know more about Orbiting's sanity. If he's lying, then we've gotten rid of a (probable) scum.

It's quite possible that King Arthur could be a reverse cop. After all, everything else in the movie is topsy turvy.
[size=75]"It's only a bunny!"[/size]
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:08 pm

Post by Darkblade »

We have a king? I thought we were an atonomous collective!

Unvote: Saigon

FOS: Saigon

Blocking blockers makes no sence as a role. Plus, it's more propable that Orbiting is reverse.
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:53 pm

Post by Saigon »

Normally I would agree with you Darkblade, but let's first hear from the people he've targeted if they can confirm his story.
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:07 am

Post by Orbiting »

I'm not sure what a "reverse cop" is, but I had considered the fact that Arthur might be a fairly single-minded cop, which is to say that he might consider that whoever is not with him (i.e. not a Knight) to be against him.
Unfortunately, I think that the only way to get anymore information at this point is to lynch someone I've investigated.
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:02 am

Post by mathcam »

By "reverse" I'm pretty sure he means "insane."

In any case,

Thoth said it best himself: "Maybe its even best to lynch me anyhow because either I'm scum or we've found 3 scum", and I'm pretty sure it's just one scum.

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:15 am

Post by massive »

I don't have any problem with the blocking of a role-blocker. Since it's a weak ability, it makes sense that the shrub would last for two nights.

But, I guess if mathcam is voting for Thoth, then he didn't get a shrubbery. Can anyone else confirm if they did or did not receive a shrubbery (as in, received a PM saying "oh by the way, enjoy your shrubbery")? Would like to see if there's any further proof for Thoth's roleclaim, or if mathcam just made a scummy "slip" again. :)
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:18 am

Post by Thoth »

People, I know its probably best just to lynch me, but can we at least wait for Bane's input. He is the one that can tell whether I blocked one of his night choices or not.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:28 am

Post by mathcam »

But, I guess if mathcam is voting for Thoth, then he didn't get a shrubbery.
Yup. (Though I'm not sure he was claiming that people would be told if they got a shrubbery)

Incidentally, I make it 5 for Thoth, and I agree we should wait for Bane.

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:08 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I'm inclined to believe Thoth's claim. It's so crazy, I doubt he would make that up.

This has really got me worried. What if this is just a ruse to get us all riled up? It seems like a good way to out a bunch of roles at the same time, and Orbiting is safe for one, two, or maybe even three lynches. The real King Arthur might be keeping his mouth shut since he'd die tonight if he challenged Orbiting. Maybe that's a little far-fetched, but something isn't ringing right with this Orbiting bit.

*shrug*

I guess we'll just wait on bane221 and take it from there.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”