Open 193 - Friends and Enemies: It's over!

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

This game is over. So, Zorblag, what's up with your life man?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

unvote
thinking.

Hito, do you have any other of your games around that I can check out?
I'm old now.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

All on my wiki.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Tossing you a curve ball - I seriously don't see Albert scum playing as he's been playing. I'll go off and think about if I'm wrong, but how about you go off and do the same. Amend your theory with ALbert town, if you would.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Does anyone think Ojanen was obviously a mason?
I'm old now.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Hmm. That'll be a hard one and I'm not sure anything with Albert-town would at all be 'my theory', but I can mull on it a bit I guess.

And no. Ojanen was in the same nebulous no-read area then as DDD is now for me.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Do you guys drive? What car do you drive?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:33 pm

DDD, I'm getting masive vibes of Commie Mafia.
I'm old now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:35 pm

I'm thinking about a toyota corolla, but have you seen the news lately? The recalls really don't inspire my confidence vote..
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I drive a toyota corolla! It's a 94 with over 200 000km on it. It still runs pretty well, but the radio doesn't work and one of the door handles is broken.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:40 pm

I wouldn't worry about the radio, personally. I'm more of a CD person.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Nonchalance to the point of non sequitur. I would imagine town Albert trying to rip my theory to shreds, but instead he's just taking refuge in his usual audacity hoping to get everyone drunk on the WIFOM of 'scum wouldn't do that, would they?' and 'look how calm he is - scum wouldn't be that calm, would they?'. Look at D1 - even though charlatan was a player that Albert thought bad enough that he wasn't worth taking with the town, he still went on a master detective kick dismantling the case on charlatan. Now the case is on him and he'd rather just keep up his 'oh look game is over' shtick?

Or, to state my point more rhythmically:

there ain't no defense like an albert defense cause an albert defense don't start

To SC: After thinking about it, one of the biggest things that is making me sure about this is Albert's opinion hop on you. When I asked him for his reasoning, he repeatedly ignored me and, in fact, stated that he's not going to respond to that point. So, a theory with Albert town would have to start with 'Well, assuming Albert is town but had this weird back-forth-back on SC for reasons he refuses to give, as well as refusing to give the reasons why he's refusing to give his reasons...', which, given that you're a vanilla townie and not a mason, is a silly enough caveat I'm not so sure I can make a theory within those bounds.

If for some reason he is a townie, then I suppose there's a chance you could be scum. I'm not sure how that weights the scum possibilities of the others.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:47 pm

So do you guys have harsh winters where you at VPB?

The winter in Montreal has been ridiculously mild this year. One or two snowstorms and that was it. Actually, it's snowing right now, I guess I just jinxed it. The F4 button on my iMac says that the temperature will vary between -2C and 2C for the next seven days though. Like I said, this winter was weaksauce.

If I could, I would move to San Francisco or Hawaii. No winter tires, no freezing cold, no boots or coat check. South Africa sounds like a cool place too, I'm reading a book about SA right now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I live in the Caribbean. I'm considering going to the beach this weekend.

(hito I'll read your business later since it's ginormous and I'm p tired atm)
YOUR AD HERE

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:55 pm

My parents went on a cruise in the Caribbeans in december, the photos look absolutely fantastic. You're quite lucky...I bet you weren't born there, but moved to the summer paradise yourself, you wily crook. When my financial situation inevitably turns around, I will come join you one of these days and we'll have mohitos with affectionate lady friends under the sun and the stars.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Cheers.
YOUR AD HERE

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:01 pm

Mafia Meetup Caribbean...sounds like a plan.

hito: if SC swings and turns up scum, anything I say now will just be a waste of bandwidth.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:02 pm

No wait. I take that back.

MAFIA MEETUP CARIBBEAN ADVENTURE 8-)

Definitely sounds better that way.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Albert, do you remain confident about hito given his change of heart?
I'm old now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:11 pm

SerialClergyman wrote:Albert, do you remain confident about hito given his change of heart?
What!? Did he have a heart transplant? I hope that Obama's health reform will soften up the surgery costs for him a bit. Universal health care for all, scum or otherwise, aye?

It's not that simple though.

I think any universal health care plan would have to come with a income based scheme or means testing. If you can afford to pay for health care you should pay, however you would be able to receive a percentage back through a medicare rebate scheme.

Additionally, the government should encourage those who can afford private health care to purchase it. The government could offer tax incentives or rebate a portion of the cost. Businesses should also be encouraged to continue supporting the health care plans of their employee's.

Early intervention would be the greatest saving to any health care system. Catching a potential problem before it becomes something worse is the greatest asset offered by universal health care.

It is also certain that the vast majority of people in this country would be willing to contribute to a universal health care system if it was affordable and maintained the quality of care now available.

Oh wait, what were we talking about? Ah yes, I'm confident.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:12 pm

What!? Did he have a heart transplant? I hope that Obama's health reform will soften up the surgery costs for him a bit. Universal health care for all, scum or otherwise, aye?

It's not that simple though.

I think any universal health care plan would have to come with a income based scheme or means testing. If you can afford to pay for health care you should pay, however you would be able to receive a percentage back through a medicare rebate scheme.

Additionally, the government should encourage those who can afford private health care to purchase it. The government could offer tax incentives or rebate a portion of the cost. Businesses should also be encouraged to continue supporting the health care plans of their employee's.

Early intervention would be the greatest saving to any health care system. Catching a potential problem before it becomes something worse is the greatest asset offered by universal health care.

It is also certain that the vast majority of people in this country would be willing to contribute to a universal health care system if it was affordable and maintained the quality of care now available.
/Australian system.
Oh wait, what were we talking about? Ah yes, I'm confident.
Why?
I'm old now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:14 pm

The possibilities are many and I have only touched on a few of my initial thoughts.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Holy sh*t, fuckin snowstorm outside. Fuck meeeee
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:22 pm

O.K. bottom line, Serialclergyman is scum, hito is his partner.

GODDAMN I suck at acting humble.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Sando »

1) Serial is wrong, I won’t, but I can see why he’d think so. It was my first game dude :P

2) About the only thing I’m prepared to back off from is the ABR gambit bit. It was mainly something contributing to my gut meta on you. I can’t see where you’ve asked me for quotes outside of that though? I never claimed that you didn’t find VP scummy, asking me to find quotes of something I never claimed you said is kind of odd...

You’ve taken 1 part of what I said about Charlatan and tried to pull it apart. I did provide a quote and I’ve stated that I find your logical conclusions incorrect. Other than that, you've basically ignored my other points regarding Charlatan.

3) Yeah I picked that :P

I’m prepared to accept the Albert thing, I probably read too much into a comment. Not Charlatan though, you’ve only addressed 1 part of it, and not to my satisfaction.

You seem insist that my VPB point only has merit if you’d actually changed your opinion of VPB from scum to town, something you’ve only recently stepped back from when I pointed out the problem with your logic there.

As to me assuming that VPB and you must be scumbuddies, that’s very simplistic mate. Yes, it’s the simplest and most obvious answer, but in reality, all that my case is predicated on in terms of partners is that you’re much less likely to be scumbuddies with Hito given todays events. But considering I've been burned a fair bit with linkage cases (damn you Ojanen), I don't like to rely on them 1 way or the other.

Your attack on Hito and your lack of conviction about VPB says to me that you’ve read the lay of the land today and seen Hito as your best chance of avoiding a lynch. Saying that we should lynch Hito today before looking at you confirms this to me.

Serial: Who is the last scum then, after Hito?

Hito: I haven’t managed to wrap my head around what you’re saying, but one thing stood out to me.
Hito wrote: Let's assume I'm lynched. SC is more or less confirmed town
This is with you flipping town I assume. Why is Serial more or less confirmed town? Also, your paragraph linking to about 4 of ABRs posts makes no sense, please re-read and check your links/wording.

Return to “Completed Open Games”