Mini 925: Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Mafia: GAME OVER!

Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by Leech »

/Confirm
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Leech »

Isn't there usually some odd Mod character in this game?

Vote: UncertainKitten
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by Leech »

RayFrost wrote:unvote, vote: navycherub

reaction to leech's vote seems scummy.
I didn't vote for Navy.
Cobalt wrote:I'm not voting you for policy anymore, I'm voting you for dead scummy play.
What dead scummy play(s) are you referring to?
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Leech »

TheLonging wrote:I don't think you understood what I ment
Why did you feel the need to post that, without a clarification?

The point, Cobalt, is that you said you changed your vote for scummy play. I asked what scummy play, and you said none. So, what meaning is behind your vote?
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by Leech »

I cannot believe how much trouble you're making this.
Cobalt wrote:I'm not voting you for policy anymore, I'm voting you for dead scummy play.
Leech wrote:What dead scummy play(s) are you referring to?
Cobalt wrote:
What dead scummy play(s) are you referring to?
none?
So, why did you vote for Navy? You said it's not policy anymore, but when asked about said "Scummy play" you said there wasn't any.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by Leech »

Yeah, I know that. For some reason the "Navy" name stuck in my mind when I quoted my original post asking about the scummy play. This is why I normally don't post after work before getting sleep.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Leech »

NavyCherub wrote:Oh, and unvote, vote: Leech for starting the whole thing.
So that's a frustration vote stemming from my first vote starting a wagon? If so, you should take into consideration that I didn't know people would follow my lead on it. I didn't intentionally start a wagon, it just formed. I don't think it's bad to suspect the mod being a character in the game in a game like this.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by Leech »

But this early? You don't think we could at least wait and not use a lynch on the first day to do something like that?
I said it's not bad to suspect, I never said anything about lynching.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Leech »

Ok, but you still have your vote there. What's with that?
I haven't seen a reason to change it. I could unvote, but that's a pointless procedure unless your vote is on someone that is in danger of being lynched, that you don't think should be. If I see a reason to change my vote, I will.
He was the first one to bring it up, with his first post as well.
How is it scummy to bring up a topic for discussion? How is the "first post" specification you made relevant at all? It obviously started discussion, and brought forth a subject that we should be thinking about in this type of game.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Post by Leech »

Leech's post about how the lynch didn't need to happen today and how the topic was one that needed to be discussed changed my view on his first vote in particular.
Funny, I didn't say whether it needed to happen today or not. I never once stated whether it would be beneficial to lynch the mod today or not. You've been the one discussion a mod lynch. I simply voted for the Mod because the mod is a player in these games sometimes. Considering there was no one else to go for, I figured I'd at least be somewhat productive.
Leech's vote wasn't random, as he's defended it
Actually, it was pretty much a standard RVS vote. The mod could be a player, so voting for UK with nothing to go on as opposed to a guaranteed player with nothing to go on is pretty much the same thing. There was no meaning beyond "Random vote, maybe we should consider the mod might be in this game." It wasn't my vote I was defending, I was defending myself from your faulty logic.

You still haven't answered how the first mod vote is more scummy than the 4th vote that was cast. Nor have you explained how the fact that it was my first vote is even remotely relevant. You were suspicious of me for starting something, when I'd have no way of knowing how it would be perceived. Shouldn't you be suspicious of the people who ran with it? The wagon was up to four votes at one point. Why aren't you questioning them?

Also if you want to get technical Tar was the first to mention it, not me. He made a joke about it in the confirmation stage. I just re-read the thread and noticed that. I must have missed it before, not expecting something to actually happen pre-game.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Leech »

Mod: I'll be on V/LA until Friday afternoon

Sorry guys having severe internet issues at the moment.

Noted
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Leech »

TheLonging wrote:roleblock all abilities doesn't seem that town to me
Why would Scum have an ability that renders all their others useless?
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Leech »

Snow_Bunny wrote:-Claimed a role that, imo, would have been better stayed unclaimed, first, as it would have hurt mafia more, and second, as it raises a small but present protection in case of a lynch against himself (well, that's part my perception, but still).
I agree with that. When I saw his bomb claim, I thought it was completely out of place. This exact quote really made me wonder:
Tar wrote:So, dearest Mafiosos: Assuming that we don't use my ability as a second lynch, you're kinda screwed. Either you let me survive to endgame and screw you over during massclaim or you kill me and lose one of your members. Your choice!
You could replace the word "Mafiosos" with "Townies" and you still achieve the same exact thing; a lynch scare-tactic. If you are a bomb, you just told the mafia to not hammer you in the event of a lynch. You also just told them not to kill you in the night, and to focus on someone else. That information benefits the mafia more than the town. Had you kept that to yourself, the mafia could have hammered you, and lost a player. If what you say is true, you should not have claimed it.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by Leech »

Tar wrote:1) Failing to claim Bomb means that you're denying the rest of the Town the opportunity to use you as a second lynch.
Claiming bomb, as town, prevents the scum from losing a member at night. If you can take scum with you when you tie, having them use a night kill on you resulting in a scum death is just as good, correct? The idea you are proposing is that we should believe that you are town, and then eventually lynch someone we believe is town while trying to make sure that scum hammers. Realistically we'd probably end up with a double-town death due to scum refusing to hammer, and getting on the wagon early.

You interrupted the natural flow of things by claiming bomb so early. Instead of a "double lynch" which probably wouldn't even work, if you are town you just made it so scum wouldn't kill you to prevent death. You could have said nothing, and potentially killed scum in the night, which I feel would be more beneficial.
Tar wrote:Since letting me survive to massclaim tends to let me rip apart scumteams, this puts them in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation... and increases my chances of surviving long enough to actually break the setup in half.
How does that let you rip apart scumteams? If anything you just broadcasted to the entire scum team "Hey if you want to lynch me, bandwagon early so you get two town for the price of one."

In the end, you told scum not to hammer you or kill you in the night. At the same time, you indirectly told the entire town not to hammer you as well. What you're writing seems to be an intelligent form of scare tactics.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Leech »

Tar wrote:When you're dealing with a SuperSaint, the correct protocol is the use the SuperSaint kill as an extra lynch. First, you run the SuperSaint up to L-1, then you pseudovote to determine which player hammers the SuperSaint. If that player refuses to hammer, he or she is instead lynched normally and the process repeats itself the next day.
I can see your reasoning, but I think it has severe flaws. What's stopping the scum from getting on the wagon before L-1? Also, scum aren't the only ones that would object to hammering the SS. That whole idea seems like it could result in far more town death before actually hitting scum.

My issue stems from the fact that it could just as easily be a scum play to avoid a lynch. You claimed it pretty early on, which is what makes it so odd to me. Had you mentioned it later on, after a night phase, I'd probably be less suspicious. I think the role would be better suited for killing scum at night, but that's probably not going to happen now.
StrangerCoug wrote:Read the thread. I think TheLonging hasn't been scumhunting; that's why I am voting him. Kairyuu is also starting to get a bit bothersome.
What are your thoughts about RayFrost? He hasn't contributed much either. How has TheLonging been scumhunting less than Ray?
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by Leech »

Netopalis wrote:9. Leech - Really strange attack on Tar - not sure that I like it. In general, unusual play. Moderate scum read.
I'm not sure I ever attacked Tar, in general. I'm not really liking his bomb claim though. I personally feel that he shouldn't have outed his role until after the first night. If he was killed in the night by scum that would guarantee scum death, whereas forcing a player to hammer and lynching them if they don't could result in a lot of town death before finding scum.

I'm not saying that it's a bad idea, though, I do like how he thinks outside the box like that. However, I could see it backfiring pretty severely. I like to look at the pros and the cons before making a decision about a proposed course of events.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Leech »

Cobalt wrote:I hate the WIFOM of keeping him around- in case we decide he is scum later, we'll wind up sacrificing whoever hammers him. And I think SB is very scummy. A handy 2 for 1 deal.
I completely agree with that.

Unvote, Vote: Tar

Considering Tar claimed today, we should call his bluff today in case he is scum. His claim would give him the perfect escape later on in the game if he lied about his role.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Leech »

Kairyuu wrote:You will confirm, then, that you are scum?
CSL wrote:Yeah. Bacon ain't poisoned though.
CSL claimed scum? That makes this pretty easy then.

Vote: CSL
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Leech »

There is most likely only one mafia group. I killed Cobalt due to his posting habit. After reading over the thread in the night phase he appeared to be active lurking, so I figured I'd use my one kill on him. It was a mistake, obviously, but the more I read over the thread the better the idea appeared. Considering it was a one-off ability I'm comfortable claiming it, especially considering we appear to be mass claiming.

On that note:
Welcome to Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Mafia, Leech. You are Siesta00, Townie No-Scope Vig. You have the following abilities:

Passive Abilities:
You have no passive abilities

Active Abilties:
The King's Sniper: Once per game, at night, if you have not used the ability The King's Scattered Shot, you may target a player. That player will be killed.
The King's Scattered Shot: Once per game, at night, if you have not used the ability The King's Sniper, you may use this ability. A player, randomly selected from players you voted the previous day, will be killed. This ability does not target.

Win Condition (Town): You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by Leech »

Leech just claimed because he felt like it apparently.
Uh, no. I claimed because there was so much talk about the second kill, that I felt the need to explain what actually happened. Should I seriously have waited while you guys came to all sorts of incorrect conclusions? I saw reason to claim, so I did. Considering we all were going to eventually, I figured that I might as well get mine out there considering there was talk going on about my night ability.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Leech »

StrangerCoug wrote:HoS: Leech

Even if I could think of a good reason to interrupt claims with a vote, I think you're more likely SK than Mafia, which is why I'm not voting you.
Ok, you say I'm more likely SK than Mafia, but make no mention of whether I'm more likely SK than a one-shot Vig. Also, if you are suspicious of me, why aren't you suspicious of this:
Snow Bunny wrote:I was blocked on N1 (maybe by the same ability that made me disappear from the game), and on N2 I found Leech is affiliated with town. So, this, unless sanity issues are present, confirms him (well, at least for me).
SB claims to have an innocent ability read on me, which would rule out SK or mafia yes? So if you're suspicious of me, why aren't you equally suspicious of her for claiming what she claimed?

I'm not sure I follow your logic on the matter with all things considered.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Leech »

Kairyuu wrote:Umm Ray. Discode is conf-scum. All signs point to it.
So why are you voting for snow?

Sorry for not posting much. At work, on my phone, will post more in depth when I get home.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (isolation #22) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by Leech »

Damn, I wasn't expecting a Loss...I was expecting a LyLo situation. Well, it was a fun game. VERY fast paced in the last few day phases though. I think if we took our time in the last phase, we could have won.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”