Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Iecerint »

SlySly is almost certainly scum if the two modkills he just requested are town. For one, that (= what SlySly just did) is a very dastardly thing to do. Second, there is no indication that either party was discussing this game per se until Vi transparently indicated as much. If anyone is violating the spirit of that rule, it is the party who inappropriately contextualized the conversation IMO.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Chaco »

elvis_knits wrote:Chaco, why did you ward dramonic?
Heh, I was waiting for this question. So, in Stars 1 Dram immediately went for Murderer. It seems Dram-ish. In this game, I thought he would not go down the same path since he utterly failed last time. All murderers did. I expected people to meta Dramonic, and maybe stalk him so I warded him.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Chaco »

Also, catching up more in a bit. I read the last page only. <.<
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by SlySly »

Iecerint wrote:SlySly is almost certainly scum if the two modkills he just requested are town. For one, that (= what SlySly just did) is a very dastardly thing to do. Second, there is no indication that either party was discussing this game per se until Vi transparently indicated as much. If anyone is violating the spirit of that rule, it is the party who inappropriately contextualized the conversation IMO.
Sorry, I really hate game ruining, game breakers. There is no doubt they were discussing this game, and possibly one more ongoing game(at least in Phate's case, which you are full aware of Iecerint).
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Chaco »

Iecerint wrote:SlySly is almost certainly scum if the two modkills he just requested are town. For one, that (= what SlySly just did) is a very dastardly thing to do. Second, there is no indication that either party was discussing this game per se until Vi transparently indicated as much. If anyone is violating the spirit of that rule, it is the party who inappropriately contextualized the conversation IMO.
If they're breaking the rule, mod kill them. Percy made it quite clear that there would be no warnings.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Iecerint »

The allegedly offending conversation is very abstract IMO. You can read it to judge for yourself. I would not have considered it a violation of the rule.

I mean, suppose I am asked about my experience with Vi's meta, and I say "I have played with Vi." Suppose the only instance of that is an ongoing game. Am I guilty of "talking about games outside the thread?" It's sort of vacuously true, maybe, but I wouldn't personally consider that problematic because any stricter adherence to said rule irreparably disrupts discourse.

Disclaimer: I only scanned the first few posts. I may have missed something more sketchy.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by SlySly »

If it was so abstract, as it was trying to be suggested in that thread, the thread wouldn't be locked. There were subtle specifics in that thread. They know it, I know it, and the mods of this game know it too. I'm sure if you go read the whole thread, you will know it too. You might be a little more upset if a game you were running was being discussed in such a way before its completion. Rules apply to the self perceived elite on this site too.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Faraday »

Do you think he'd ask in thread? I mean he could just pm the mod if he wanted modkills.

Fwiw, their discussion of the game was pretty fucking obvious and they didn't really seem to care that it was ongoing either.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

let the mods deal with it. More voting for the scumz.

People who were and still are adamant about ani being scum are scum. How is this not obvious now that we have essentially confirmed that ani is town?

More voting for these people please. There are very few of them who I wouldn't lynch.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Actually, I do think he would be perfectly likely to ask in thread. I have read games where scum does precisely that and then uses the rhetoric you have indicated to exonerate themselves.

And, in any event, the fact that there are perhaps smarter ways to go about something does not change that the act itself is (probabilistically and according to my own perceptions of Adel's play and to a lesser extent Phate's play) anti-town.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Iecerint »

VP Baltar wrote:People who were and still are adamant about ani being scum are scum. How is this not obvious now that we have essentially confirmed that ani is town?
Did anyone actually make that argument? I have no recollection. A handful suggested that he might be covering up a yet-to-come insanity, but I think that's as close to your suggestion as we can come.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by SlySly »

Iecerint wrote:A handful suggested that he might be covering up a yet-to-come insanity
This is mute at this point. His insanity claim was tested by the 13 votes placed on him. He was covering up an existing insanity, not a future one.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Right, that's part of my point. I don't think there's anyone in the set of players VP is claiming we should lynch from.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Viking, people aren't there solely from warding and whatnot. Some people there have very concrete lists for being on the town lists, while the others are a product of my gut, which I have an absurd (over?)confidence in. Regardless, I do those in almost all the games I'm in now and they work for me.
Dram's 19/6 looks right. Sly's whole modkill thing is not a tell.
FLASH OF GREEN
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Ell, would you request a modkill on two (IMO) town-appearing players as a town player for great justice?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Chaco wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:Chaco, why did you ward dramonic?
Heh, I was waiting for this question. So, in Stars 1 Dram immediately went for Murderer. It seems Dram-ish. In this game, I thought he would not go down the same path since he utterly failed last time. All murderers did. I expected people to meta Dramonic, and maybe stalk him so I warded him.
You thought there was a big chance that
1)People choose to become murderers
2)They meta dram and see that he went murderer and failed last time
3)Assume dram would NOT go murderer this time, and so want to kill him

This is a little...um convoluted.

If people read the other game and noticed dram failed and that all the murderers had a hard time, why would they even try to become murderers?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Iecerint wrote:Ell, would you request a modkill on two (IMO) town-appearing players as a town player for great justice?
No, but I could see someone with Sly's personality as witnessed from his earlier confrontation with Adel here and how he moderates to.
FLASH OF GREEN
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Iecerint »

kk. <3EK<3 btw. (I'm trying to change the subject.)
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Iecerint wrote:Ell, would you request a modkill on two (IMO) town-appearing players as a town player for great justice?
I know you aren't asking me...

I know I would not. However, Sly does not appear to think like other humans :P

I also want to say that I really dislike Sly's discussion of "vigs" throughout the thread. Nobody should be taking insanities and taking the path of MURDERERS in an effort to "vig" for the town. If you want someone dead that bad, let's lynch them. Because "vigging" is more likely to hit town, and while you're doing it, you're not doing the pro-town investigator actions. And it provides a convenient excuse for murderers.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Chaco »

elvis_knits wrote:If people read the other game and noticed dram failed and that all the murderers had a hard time, why would they even try to become murderers?
I doubt people read it really, so I expected some to target Dram. Simple as that.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Iecerint wrote:kk. <3EK<3 btw. (I'm trying to change the subject.)
Okay! Do you like my list!
FLASH OF GREEN
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Chaco wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:If people read the other game and noticed dram failed and that all the murderers had a hard time, why would they even try to become murderers?
I doubt people read it really, so I expected some to target Dram. Simple as that.
I don't get why you thought he would be a likely target though. For murderers? For cult?
Talk nerdy to me.

iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by iLord »

SlySly wrote:Yes. He tried something but it failed miserably. That doesn't make him irrational.
Eh, let me revise my question. Do you believe that Ani is logical enough to listen to what the town says?
SlySly wrote:Technically, but do you really think it is now in the best interests of ani to go murderer? Ani's best chance for a win is definitely to stay investigator, he knows it, I know it, you know it, and everyone else knows it. His every step in this game will be tracked and he will be dealt with swiftly upon murderous deviations.
Judging from his play so far, I daresay that Ani does not allow any specters of potential consequences to influence his play. Regardless, I agree that it is unlikely that he will go murderer at this point.
wicked wrote:Not done catching up, but it looks like people want to know who I warded. Yes, I used my ward ability on VP.
Humor me - why?
Sajin wrote:You know there is 6 cultists?
:(

I expected better of you?

----------------------------------

Unvote Ani
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I see nothing in particular to complain about. The mechanisms that cause membership in your Town group aren't very well-operationalized (e.g. "gut"), but I don't see any huge discrepancies.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

CRAZY IDEA THAT NOONE SHOULD TAKE SERIOUSLY BUT I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT.
This is also probably flawed as hell, but whatever:
We somehow come together with a list of 12 peoples not counting Ani that are "town", and we run Adel's killing plan with the town reads killing off everyone else.
If I'm being an idiot, ignore this post.
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”