Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Iecerint wrote:What if the corpse is a warder?
Choose people who didn't hear noises? Not sure :P
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

SlySly wrote:I am not participating in Ell's plan.
Do you have a good reason not too? I'm not taking advantage of rules, and finding town players and keeping them alive and killing off everyone else is fully within the spirit of the game.
FLASH OF GREEN
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by SlySly »

I have already stated why. I am not going to endlessly repeat myself.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Phate »

If either pair of a shooter/shootee dies, we should lynch the other. By planning to leave a shooter alive, you're assuming that not a single person we designate as a shooter is scum. Bad idea.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

SlySly wrote:
Ellibereth wrote: Sly, tell me what's wrong with my plan from your Point of view.
It is still a variant of a game breaker. I am not opposed to town dictation of players who are needing monitoring, such as ani. We have no idea how many players stalked last night and how many potential murderers there are. IMO, actions of the night will expose what needs to be town controlled. I think any approach like this stands a great chance of failing when holes are revealed and the town has neglected to get the needed tools put in place by the setup, leaving the town naked, in a sense, a reverse break of the game in favor of the cultists. Although, I will say I am more open to your idea than one, such as Adel's, that makes the game become nothing more than a boring fun free observation of a game of Risk.
^^^ This wasn't a response. You say you're open to the idea. Whether this wins the game for town or not is completely up to the town's ability to townhunt.
FLASH OF GREEN
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by SlySly »

Ellibereth wrote: ^^^ This wasn't a response. You say you're open to the idea. Whether this wins the game for town or not is completely up to the town's ability to townhunt.
This is the plan I am onboard with. I am not participating in any other approaches that have been presented. End of story.
SlySly wrote: I think the best approach leading to a town win is, lynch scum, get proper tools, use them to gain maximum information, analyze and discuss gained information and dictate actions based on the gained information. In other words, play mafia.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Phate »

Note that the plan still works if some people refuse to do it. If we don't have about 2/3 onboard (about 1/2 for shooters, plus some more to hold aside for chaos and to ward, etc), it's not possible.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Iecerint »

He's awfully grouchy in this game. He's much friendlier via PM. :(
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Phate »

Iecerint wrote:He's awfully grouchy in this game. He's much friendlier via PM. :(
Whom?

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

What is the difference between lynching scum and masskilling scum?
A: The second is faster.

Your stubborness to anything other than conventional methods of playing is getting ridiculous. Night actions are part of the game. Regulated them are part of the game. Cooperating with the rest of the town is.

I'm going to wait for EVERYONE to either support or not support. I would be very amusing if only 6 or 7 people do not support it...
FLASH OF GREEN
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by SlySly »

Phate wrote:We lost Adel for this?

godd@#n
General Site Rules wrote: Most "swear" words are not banned. However, going out of your way to annoy or upset users who find certain words offensive falls under the previous guideline.
Call me a MF'r, Ahole, POS, SOB, etc... all day long and I have no problem with. Chill on the GD, please. This is one phrase I do find offensive. This is a friendly request.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by SlySly »

Ellibereth wrote: Your stubborness to anything other than conventional methods of playing is getting ridiculous.
Your stubborness to stick to a bad plan is as ridiculous to me as my stubborness is to you. There are obvious, glaring holes in your plan. I am not going to point them out in case you convince the rest of the town to go along with the idiotic idea, as I don't want to empower the scum.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

SlySly wrote:
Ellibereth wrote: Your stubborness to anything other than conventional methods of playing is getting ridiculous.
Your stubborness to stick to a bad plan is as ridiculous to me as my stubborness is to you. There are obvious, glaring holes in your plan. I am not going to point them out in case you convince the rest of the town to go along with the idiotic idea, as I don't want to empower the scum.
Not pointing out "holes" in a plan that is being discussed is anti-town.
FLASH OF GREEN
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by SlySly »

Ellibereth wrote: Not pointing out "holes" in a plan that is being discussed is anti-town.
Point out the holes in this plan.
SlySly wrote: I think the best approach leading to a town win is, lynch scum, get proper tools, use them to gain maximum information, analyze and discuss gained information and dictate actions based on the gained information. In other words, play mafia.
There aren't any.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Phate wrote:
Iecerint wrote:He's awfully grouchy in this game. He's much friendlier via PM. :(
Whom?
Sly. You, on the other hand, are always a bit grouchy. :P <3
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I agree that Sly should point out the holes. The holes in Sly's plan is that there may be a superior alternate plan: namely, Ell's.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

SlySly wrote:
Ellibereth wrote: Not pointing out "holes" in a plan that is being discussed is anti-town.
Point out the holes in this plan.
There aren't any.
Town wins every game of mafia then, don't they? :roll:
My claim is that my plan has a higher chance of allowing a town win than yours. Please refute that claim if you are able to.
FLASH OF GREEN
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by SlySly »

I signed up for "Stars Aligned 2" not "Break the Stars". I almost /out'd when I saw Phate sign in. I should have. I knew he would be pushing some BS game breaker strategy, but Stars Aligned 1 was so great, I didn't want to miss out. I realize he is not the only one doing so, but, because of the perpetual insisting to break it in some way, this game is becoming no fun for me. I hope you guys are having a blast ruining the game for those that Percy invited to come and enjoy his game. If this plan is agreed to, I will request replacement. Adel and Phate should have both been modkilled for breaking the rules. I have had PM discussion with Percy about the situation and I know, probably more than the rest of you, just how close they were to the modkill button. I am not disputing Percy's ruling and he knows that. I am just sick of having fun games ruined by game/rule breakers and feel the need to vent it. I'll sit back and watch the progression for a bit now and decide if I want to continue to be a part of this game, or not.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Seacore »

My issue is that you are removing scum hunting from the game and replacing it with maths

We'll get to day 4 and just have a regular game of mafia in which there has been no scum hunting.

Plus, it's the prisoner's dilemma, sure it's in people's be interest to not go murderer, but some will, because they want, what the consider to be a better victory.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Seacore wrote:My issue is that you are removing scum hunting from the game and replacing it with maths

We'll get to day 4 and just have a regular game of mafia in which there has been no scum hunting.

Plus, it's the prisoner's dilemma, sure it's in people's be interest to not go murderer, but some will, because they want, what the consider to be a better victory.
Incorrecto. If we agree to go with the plan, D1 will be spent compiling the list of 12 Shooters. If we choose completely correctly, town wins on the spot! For the next 2 days, we deal with inconsistencies in the projected happenings, and assuming a good decision on the town list, we should be in an extremely good position to win coming out of it.

What you posted wasn't prisoner's dilemna, but the majority of the "town list" I would bet, would be rational people who be more wanting to win. Remember, a murderer needs 6 nights to win. With town in a dominating presence coming out of the plan, the chances of the murderer win is close to nil.
FLASH OF GREEN
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Seacore »

Fine, go ahead. I don't have the energy to keep up with pages upon pages.

I don't like the plan, but I was always planning to go investigator. I don't think it'll work, but I'll follow it to the T.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Iecerint »

It's not really a prisoner's dilemma.

In a prisoner's dilemma (the economics one, I mean; MS people have some other thing they call PD for whatever reason), both parties invariably benefit from personally defecting, even though the aggregate gain is greatest via cooperation.

In this scenario, by contrast, both parties suffer whenever a player defects. It is spiteful (lose-lose) to become a Murderer.

I am skeptical of the notion that Percy is crying in a corner because we want to plan ahead to maximize the chance that town will win and thereby somehow totally invalidate the fun factor of this game. Rather, I think that the process of maximizing the utility of night actions is part of the game. :)
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Seacore wrote:Fine, go ahead. I don't have the energy to keep up with pages upon pages.

I don't like the plan, but I was always planning to go investigator. I don't think it'll work, but I'll follow it to the T.
Ok, start townhunting in your head. We need to wait for more support and then we need to discuss the shooter shootee lists.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Ideal play for any N-0 stalkers is to come out like me and Ani. Otherwise any insanity inconsistencies they have
will
eventually come out. Not to mention most of them will probably end up on the shootee list...
FLASH OF GREEN
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Phate »

SlySly wrote:
Phate wrote:We lost Adel for this?

godd@#n
General Site Rules wrote: Most "swear" words are not banned. However, going out of your way to annoy or upset users who find certain words offensive falls under the previous guideline.
Call me a MF'r, Ahole, POS, SOB, etc... all day long and I have no problem with. Chill on the GD, please. This is one phrase I do find offensive. This is a friendly request.
Request granted.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”