Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Chaco »

Iecerint wrote:Chaco, I think you're misunderstanding Pass Fetish. Pass Fetish is a way that Cult can give Investigators insanities. The intent of Insanities is that it's a cipher for anti-town behavior, so Cult can manufacture that appearance by freaking people out by giving them little voodoo dolls.
No, I understand pass fetish.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Iecerint »

You could just as easily argue that the plan negates the use of Pass Fetish for scum.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

When people accuse me of
tunneling
after I only called them scummy today, and only voted them 4 or 5 posts ago... I naturally want to

confirm vote: Iecerint
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Iecerint »

Chaco wrote:Two problems here, to pass a fetish you get an insanity.
Only the target of Pass Fetish receives an insanity. The cultist doesn't receive an insanity. Your syntax implies the opposite a bit, so that's what concerned me.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:22 am

Post by iLord »

Iecerint, did you misunderstand me? The big point in my post was that while Insanities can be checked, Scum can easily gain Insanities along with townies all the while searching for rez kits and rez'ing players, because of the Ritual.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Chaco »

Iecerint wrote:
Chaco wrote:Two problems here, to pass a fetish you get an insanity.
Only the target of Pass Fetish receives an insanity. The cultist doesn't receive an insanity. Your syntax implies the opposite a bit, so that's what concerned me.
I've got old rules on the brain, oops. That is my bad.

Understand now though.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Iecerint »

My understanding is that an individual scum may not both participate in the ritual and search for a rez kit. That's why only half the scum have to participate in the ritual; the other half can make fetishes, pass them, hunt for items, etc. Also, my understanding is that rez kits belong to individual scum players (unlike fetishes, which belong to the collective).

If any of that is mistaken, then that is my problem. If not, then I think the rez kit-searchers will not personally gain an insanity, and we can find them accordingly.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:27 am

Post by SlySly »

Iecerint wrote:
SlySly wrote:
Iecerint wrote:Fair enough @ Sly. I should note, though, that I'm playing this game because DGB invited me to via PM. So, given that people tend to invite others to games that they are relatively interested in, I am a bit surprised by her relatively low level of activity.
Me too, that is why I brought it up in the first place. DGB is usually one of the most active players in the game. I'm sure you know that if she is inviting you to games.
Oh? I don't feel like her boytoy anymore. How sad. :(

I've invited her to games in the past. I'd figured she was just reciprocating.
The "Me too" was surprise at her low level of activity. Percy invited me.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Sajin »

Iecerint wrote:My understanding is that an individual scum may not both participate in the ritual and search for a rez kit. That's why only half the scum have to participate in the ritual; the other half can make fetishes, pass them, hunt for items, etc. Also, my understanding is that rez kits belong to individual scum players (unlike fetishes, which belong to the collective).

If any of that is mistaken, then that is my problem. If not, then I think the rez kit-searchers will not personally gain an insanity, and we can find them accordingly.
Free Action: You may Participate in the Ritual and perform another Night Action.

Also, The rez kit users could just rob a grave for an insanity. Or if they already had one they could self launder. Your insistence that you have a game breaking plan without reading a ton of the rules astounds me.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Iecerint »

Ah, looks like the ritual is a free action. Nevermind. The plan is no longer the best thing ever. Major bummer. :(
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

iLord wrote:I disagree completely. Unless your assuming all the influential players are Cultists, the town on average has about four times the influence of the scum on this. People always run this argument on stuff like this (Like in Kingmaker), but it doesn't really make any sense.
All of the cultists don't need to be the influential players. It actually doesn't take that many influential players to muck up the plan. You only need one or two cultists who can logically get the list needed across and the you have the other mopes come in and go "I agree with so and so". I don't know why you think it would be difficult, especially early in a large game. People have a strong tendency to sheep in large games, particularly when they have a breakneck pace like this.
iLord wrote:Ah, this shows why you're convinced of the daytalking scum's scary mind-bending powers. The scum won't be able to sway the entire town. They can't magically make people change their minds any more than you or I can. It's like saying that we shouldn't lynch because the daytalking scum could convince us to lynch a townie.
Killing half the player list =/= lynching one player. I don't know why you would even draw that comparison. Seriously though, if you don't believe me look at that game for evidence. DGB, Thok and Mighty Orbots (Zorblag/Papa Zito hydra) were scum in that game who could day talk. In the On Stage portion of that game, the town would have to make a decision every day that would have a good, bad or neutral outcome. Despite only having a few scum members On Stage at any given time, they effectively influenced the town toward the negative or neutral choices in almost every single scene. It does not take much effort for scum to influence these kinds of decisions and plans.

For the record, DGB did NOT invite me. hmph.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Iecerint »

EK, who accused you of tunneling? Because it seems like you're referring to me, but.... O_O
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:35 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Iecerint wrote:EK, I'm a bit surprised at you. I can kind of understand VP picking a favorite target and
tunneling
, even if the timing of his escalation was very suspicious, but your involvement puzzles me. Namely, your explanations of my scuminess are either myopic in ways I do not associate with your play, or hinge on the scuminess of other players.
Weren't you saying VP Baltar, and myself are both tunneling on you?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Iecerint »

Sajin wrote:Your insistence that you have a game breaking plan without reading a ton of the rules astounds me.
I sorry. :(

I didn't understand the point of having a set number of Cult nominally "participate" in the ritual if those players could just do something else, anyway. In hindsight, I suppose they avoid blood and insanities, but that wasn't really processing because the mechanism I was promoting would have made that irrelevant, anyway. Ah well.

I withdraw my support for the plan unless someone can deal with the rez kits. :cry:
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Iecerint »

@ EK -- Nah. VP is a special case, because he voted me ages and ages and ages ago, even though he didn't really explain or justify the vote in any way at the time (and his explanations involve post-vote stuff for the most part IIRC). The rest of you are not tunneling for the reason you already indicated.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Iecerint »

WHERE IS THAT WOMAN?
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Phate »

Iecerint and SlySly,
Shut the fuck up.

Or at least condense things into fewer posts. I'm guilty of this as well, but the last ~2 pages are almost entirely pointless back-and-forths between the two of you. And this
after
SlySly blames the high post count on Adel and I.

Unvote; Vote: Nicodemus
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Iecerint »

@ Sajin, it's irrelevant because of the Ritual being a free action, but I don't understand why self-laundering would be a scum tactic in that circumstance. It's not a free action. Are you just pointing out that they could pick up an insanity that way? Why is that relevant, when they could always use the Ritual for that?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: I suppose your point is maybe that they could Launder->Ritual with Stalk->Murder to match Blood levels, but there's no real point, because they wouldn't expect forensic tools. Ah well. Doesn't matter, anyway.

Hey, I'm the center of attention atm. Don't blame me; it wasn't my idea. :P
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:56 am

Post by SlySly »

Phate wrote: And this
after
SlySly blames the high post count on Adel and I.
Iecerint and Ell were equally big parts of the inflation problem from my perspective as well. Sorry for not making that more clear.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Iecerint »

I have performed a scientific test to determine whose fault it is that we are on page 3243:

Phate - 33 posts
Elli - 59 posts
SlySly - 89 posts
Iecerint - 93 posts

I WIN! :P

...But it's still anyone's game, etc.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:13 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VP Baltar wrote:For the record, DGB did NOT invite me. hmph.
You signed up before me, you turkey. You didn't invite
me
!!!!

Alright let's hunt scum.

vote: Nicodemus
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Sajin »

Iecerint wrote:
Sajin wrote:Your insistence that you have a game breaking plan without reading a ton of the rules astounds me.
I sorry. :(

I didn't understand the point of having a set number of Cult nominally "participate" in the ritual if those players could just do something else, anyway. In hindsight, I suppose they avoid blood and insanities, but that wasn't really processing because the mechanism I was promoting would have made that irrelevant, anyway. Ah well.

I withdraw my support for the plan unless someone can deal with the rez kits. :cry:
Again, confirmable insanities are useful. But there are multiple methods of getting insanities and all a confirmable insanity does is confirm that yes an insanity was indeed earned.

So following this idea, its very easy for cultists to get insanities. They could get 2 per night if they wished.

I am not denying that the plan would probably knock off a cultist or 2. Probably catch an obvious cultist in the aftermath.....but then you are left in an enviroment that is ripe for cultists and murderers.

But the discussion of the plan is useful for determining alignments. So thanks for that.

I really do not think Iec would push the plan like this as a cultist. So I would prefer to lynch one of the people attacking Ani as an easy lynch.

unvote

Vote: Startransmission

@Iec- Because doing the ritual, although causing insanity gain, would cause a rez kit to be destroyed because of the bloody status. Laundering is one way to gain an insanity without becoming bloody thus preserving the kit. Grave rob could also be done to similar effect but as a free action.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Iecerint »

Ah, I forgot that blood messed up rez kits. That makes sense.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Phate »

Sajin, what differentiates Startransmission from the other lurkers? Why would you rather lynch a lurker than several of the good wagons (at least one on a lurker) that exist?

Please answer as completely as possible so we don't have to go back and forth and pollute the thread.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”