Mafia 109 - A Glitch in time - Game Over!

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Parama »

I was responding to Ellibereth's question.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by dramonic »

nvm, I got some time now.

First, about the action: It does have an effect. It proves Ythan is gullible :P
Second, the Nik wagon: Worst... Wagon... EVER...
Third, Hayl's engagement: Aren't you like, 18???
Fourth, lurkerscum accusations: lurker after one RL day? REALLY?
Fifth, personal opinions: No need to lynch CSL yet, if there's a vig he'll prolly shoot him at some point or another.

unvote
just in case
vote:Parama

much better wagon to have if you ask me.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Ythan »

Parama wrote:I was responding to Ellibereth's question.
And your response was useless. "No I'm town." It means nothing.

Dram, I don't see what's gullible about asking you what it meant. And if you have a problem with the Nik wagon do something about it.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Drippereth »

Parama wrote:
Drippereth wrote:PARAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drippereth wrote:PARAMA!!!!

KYLE -> CADES
YOU -> CSL

Do you see any similarities?
(People other than Parama don't comment kthx. You won't get it, I don't feel like explaining).
Not really. Kyle was scum tunneling on town. I'm town tunneling on scum. There's no similarities at all.

Thank you, I'll be here all day.
You have to admit the similarities are remarkable. Both {cades, CSL} were VI's, both had premature failed hammers...I can just keep on them naming them. In essence, what I'm asking you is what is different from that situation and this one.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Drippereth »

dramonic wrote:nvm, I got some time now.

Fifth, personal opinions: No need to lynch CSL yet, if there's a vig he'll prolly shoot him at some point or another.

unvote
just in case

First, Irrelevent.
Second, Fail.
Third, Irrelevent.
Fourth, Fail.
Fifth, Parrot.

How's life on scummy lane?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Ythan »

Drippereth wrote:In essence, what I'm asking you is what is different from that situation and this one.
All different people?
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Drippereth »

Ythan wrote:
Drippereth wrote:In essence, what I'm asking you is what is different from that situation and this one.
All different people?
Yeah. Also:
me wrote:(People other than Parama don't comment kthx. You won't get it, I don't feel like explaining).

:wink:
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by dramonic »

@Ythan: A case based on 1 post that isnt even scummy doesnt need to be dismantled. a combination of scum and misguided town (or borderline neurotic for Drip :P) doesnt need a case to make a wagon. That's what's happening here.

@Drip

1-3: I guess
2: read above
4: not really no. Take the time to check my other games, I havent posted in that interval there either.
5: You ninjaed me by a bunch of hours is all

life: It's decent, I've a nice garden but the neighbours keep partying and it's driving me crazy. I'm planning to move to deadtown alley, any apartments open for renting there?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Ythan »

dramonic wrote:@Ythan: A case based on 1 post that isnt even scummy doesnt need to be dismantled.
It obviously does need to be dismantled if it runs contrary to your win condition to allow it to occur. If you're town you need to make an effort to ensure correct lynches rather than just toss one off comments at ones your see as bad. If you're scum then just keep on making a minor gesture of dissent to stay in the clear.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Drippereth »

dramonic wrote:@Ythan: A case based on 1 post that isnt even scummy doesnt need to be dismantled. a combination of scum and misguided town (or borderline neurotic for Drip :P) doesnt need a case to make a wagon. That's what's happening here.
DGB here, good grief, I just finished a game where all the people calling me crazy were scum.

Your referring to me as "borderline neurotic" is something scum would do because they don't have many avenues to counter my scum blasting laser gun.

I did make a case against Nikanor, it's an airtight one, and it's not just based on 1 post. It's based on a complete lack of natural townie reaction to having been "quicklynched." Are you reading the game? Oh wait, you don't need to, you know who the scum is.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Drippereth »

REPEATING FOR THE SLOW ONES IN THE CLASS:
Drippereth wrote:Nikanor thought this was a hammer. He said later: "Why bother claiming? I was dead anyway."

Regardless of what people think of the Nikanor case BEFORE the quicklynch false alarm, he is scum. Quite possibly with MaB since instead of analyzing his wagon, he panicked and opted for some last-minute bus'ing before, he probably feared, the thread might be closed. No time to analyse! But what scum wouldn't want to at least slip in some distancing. No one had even noticed MaB's existence in the game prior to that. BUT HE DIDN'T BOTHER CLAIMING.

All he did was to rush to distance from someone. That was his priority. Not claim and give us information to play with in twilight. Like Weeboo pointed out, no "good luck town" - and no cursing at his wagon, no calling us idiots for quicklynching a power role or telling us not to worry if he's vanilla, no outrage at not being given an opportunity to claim, no anger at the players that were supposedly last on his wagon (CSL and Zombie). He should have cursed CSL and Zombie straight to hell for not letting him claim, but no, he zeroes in on the invisible MaB.

To add insult to injury, after he found out he was still alive, he still refused to claim. 5kUmz will delay claiming forever if they can help it. He's stalling his claim. He is not town.

WE MUST LYNCH NIKANOR.

Please, people, stop trying to stir up fruitless wagons that will lead nowhere. Nikanor's post-lynch is as scummy as it gets.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Drippereth wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
CSL wrote:Actually, screw it. You all can lynch me tomorrow if you want.

Vote: Nikanor

Unless of course, he's scum, in which you all should thank me.
Yeah, CSL is scum.
Is he scum with Nikanor? That's my working hypothesis at the moment.
(shrug) The way I see it at the moment, if Nik is scum, then CSL is probably his buddy, and if Nik is town, then CSL is probably scum trying to quicklynch a townie. I can't think of any scenerio where CSL makes sense as town here.
Nikanor wrote:
Why bother claiming? I was dead anyway. And as I said before, I'm simply dumbfounded at the people on my wagon. Most are just nodding their heads and agreeing, and probably don't even know why you want to lynch me.
Oh, I doubt that. Perhaps CSL had no idea why he wanted to lynch you. Most people on your wagon, though, seemed to know exactally what they were doing.
A clergyman with a hoop wrote:
vote yosarian

hope you agree hoops. I read much from him about csl being scummy rather than a poor player or a liability. Not having the balls to say policy lynch when it's a policy lynch trips the scumdar.
What the hell? How is CSL not scummy? First he defended Nik, then he put him at lynch -1 for no reason other then thinking Nik was scum (note there were no Nik posts between the defense of Nik and the vote for Nik, so this apparently wasn't based on anything Nik did), then he claimed he "thought we were in the random phase" and unvoted, then he tried to hammer Nik (or said he was trying to hammer Nik.) I'm not voting him because he's be a "poor player" or whatever, I'm voting for him because he's scum, and obviously so. There's no way a townie questions the speed of a bandwagon, then puts them at -1, then claims he thought the whole thing was random, then tries to quickhammer without getting a claim. The actions make much more sense if you assume CSL is either a scum who wants to get a townie lynched but dosn't want to look bad doing it, or a scum who dosn't know how to handle a fast wagon on his buddy.

Really, Clergyman, you need to explain to me how you could possibly think CSL is town here, or why you insist on pretending that his wagon is some kind of "policy lynch" when it's clearly based on pretty huge and obvious scumtells.

And when asked why he tried to hammer, he responded:
CSL wrote:Do I have to answer that?
Are you serious? Yes, of course you do.
CSL wrote:Yeah, but since she said ythan unvoted, it made me think Nik was at L-1, and confusion shrouded the rest of you.
Ok, so why did you WANT to quickhammer Nik that early in the day before he'd had a chance to claim?
Ythan wrote:
In death there is no reveal.

Excuse me?

Hmm. Who's in the Weaboo hydra?

[quote="Drippereth"[/quote]
I don't view the obsession with the policy/utility lynch of CSL having to be on Day 1 when we don't even know if we have a vig. Parama is totally tunelled (as scum or town) but Yosarian's vote is disappointing in a scummy sorta way.
[/quote]

FOS:Drippereth
I've made pretty damn clear I'm voting CSL because I think he's more likely scum then anyone else in the game, and instead of denying that or explaining why he disagrees with me, he and Clergy keep pretending CSL is some kind of "policy/utility lynch". At this point, I'm really starting to think this is deliberate misrepresentation of the case against CSL.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Ythan »

I've said a few times where the "In death there is no reveal" line came from.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ythan wrote:I've said a few times where the "In death there is no reveal" line came from.
Well, run it past me again.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Drippereth »

Ythan wrote:I've said a few times where the "In death there is no reveal" line came from.
Hey Ythan, hush up. :wink:
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Ythan »

Drippereth wrote:
Hey Ythan, hush up. :wink:
Well he asked.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Drippereth »

Yosarian, I do believe that your case against CSL is in good faith, and is quite likely correct.

However, I believe that Nikanor's reaction to his pseudo-lynch is more clearly scum. Furthermore, there is still hope that CSL would be vig'ed tonight.

I prefer a Nikanor lynch. He's stalling his claim, he didn't even claim when he thought he was dead, all that jazz, it's a cardinal sin in my book.

I'll be glad to hammer the living daylights out of CSL if the vig misses the target. Tomorrow.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Ythan »

You keep talking about the vig. What evidence do we even have that there is one?
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by Drippereth »

We'll find out tomorrow. We might have an SK that will want to fakeclaim vig, too, that nearly doubles our chances. Plus, he's a naked target. No one, no one is going to doc-protect CSL. Freebie!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Drippereth wrote: However, I believe that Nikanor's reaction to his pseudo-lynch is more clearly scum. Furthermore, there is still hope that CSL would be vig'ed tonight.
Never trust a vig to do a town's job. Half the time there's not a vig, and if there is one, he usually just kills a few random townies for no reason and then dies.
I prefer a Nikanor lynch. He's stalling his claim, he didn't even claim when he thought he was dead, all that jazz, it's a cardinal sin in my book.
I don't think refusing to claim is a scum tell, but I'm not going to get into that discussion here. (It would be a much bigger problem if this actually was a no-reveal game; I wish I knew wth Ythan was talking about.)

Meh, at the moment, I wouldn't be too unhappy with either a Nik or a CSL lynch. Nik has yet to give me any reason to think he's town. I don't know why everyone is so eager to let CSL survive the day without even trying to explain his incredibly scummy and anti-town behavior, though, and I really don't think CSL should survive the day unless he at least tries to start making sense. The way people seem to be leaping in to try to stop him from getting lynched without giving any good reason for it just makes me want to kill CSL more.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Drippereth »

Yos, how much attention are you paying to the thread? You finished reading right?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Drippereth wrote:Yos, how much attention are you paying to the thread? You finished reading right?
I have. Of course, ever time I've looked at this thread, there's been 5 more pages, so it wouldn't surprise me if I missed something.

I know that wasn't the first time Ythan said that, if that's what you're asking.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Ythan »

I asked camn about it a few times and she eventually said to knock it off. Not seeing any reason to assume it was scummy I did for the time and moved on to other things.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Parama »

dramonic wrote:nvm, I got some time now.

unvote
just in case

Let's not mention me at all in a post where you vote me! YAY!
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Ythan »

He said you were a better wagon.