esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:25 pm

Post by esme »

Blackberry's claim looks a bit better now, so I would be inclined to not lynch him today, but it feels wrong to take off the vote without hearing from PitBull first.
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:16 pm

Post by olio »

I'm still happy with my vote on Blackberry, based on his silence when I questioned the crap he based his vote on me.
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:14 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

*smacks forehead* Got it. Finally got it, mith. You're right, it takes damn careful reading. If you're really that person, then it clears up all of the ambiguity around your role, and several other possibilities become clearer (basically, that dead people can be player Roles, something I wasn't entirely certain of before).

I wonder if Pooky's allowed to tell us if he's 'dead' in the modern timeframe?

ATTENTION: Rolando and everyone else who claims not to have any way to get ahold of the book. Oi! Read this PDF!
Print it out if you have to. It should be the *entire* book, and while I'm not certain this is entirely legal, your inaction/inability to contribute to the game
is
criminal. :evil:
Retired as of October 2014.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:30 am

Post by Fuldu »

Oh, this will help. I was going through an Amazon text search, line by line, over the weekend trying to find the character. Took forever and while I could find the things I thought he was doing, I couldn't find the character. The PDF wil make it much easier. It is, however, almost certainly totally illegal.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:42 am

Post by esme »

Ok, this is going nowhere.
I will switch to korais and I will assume for now that Blackberry belongs to the heavenly forces.

unvote:Blackberry
vote:korais
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:24 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Fritzler replaces Pitbull/Pbug.
Updated vote count to come.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:14 am

Post by Fritzler »

I am here to confirm, that yes, I am a mason with blackberry, and I read the whole thread yesterday. I remember thinking, esme looked scummy, although, I don't remember why, and I don't feel like going back through it. But
[quote=esme]Ok, this is going nowhere.
I will switch to korais and I will assume for now that Blackberry belongs to the heavenly forces.

vote:korais[/quote]
Seems to me a lot like esme realized she's not gonna be able to kill black, so she wants to try to get someone else.
So, incase Pitbul was voting
unvote and vote: esme
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:11 am

Post by Fuldu »

unvote: Blackberry

I'll reconsider where to go next this evening.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:49 am

Post by esme »

Fritzler wrote:I am here to confirm, that yes, I am a mason with blackberry, and I read the whole thread yesterday. I remember thinking, esme looked scummy, although, I don't remember why, and I don't feel like going back through it. But
esme wrote:Ok, this is going nowhere.

vote:korais
Seems to me a lot like esme realized she's not gonna be able to kill black, so she wants to try to get someone else.
So, incase Pitbul was voting
unvote and vote: esme
Do you realize how long we've been waiting for a comment from Blackberry's mason partner? I've been away for 12 days and another game I was in has finished and signed-up the sequel and played a day of the sequel in the mean-time whereas here there is a couple of posts. I specifically noted in my second-to-last post that I was waiting for the mason confirmation, then I realized (mistakenly since you turned up) that this would lead nowhere since lots of people don't post and we can't replace all of them.

I can't say I'm thrilled that you "don't feel like going back through it" to give any reason why I seem scummy. Maybe you want to use the Posts-from-Esme feature to find out? It helps to take notes while reading through a game, too. I've hoped for a bit more than OMGUS voting from a new participant having read through the game, actually.

And yes, I'm frustrated with the way this game limps along.

More on-topic, I've difficulties now to see who Pooky can be, so Mr. Flay, you could just tell what you think.

People I'm certainly not going to vote today:
Darklight + Fuldu 2 (Doomcow)
Blackberry + Fritzler
mith (the fish-raining guy is odd, but no specific reason to be anti-town)
Pooky (but he'd better have a result tomorrow)
Mr. Flay
Esme (obviously)

Remaining people:
SinisterOverlord
Mneme (replaces Seol [replaces Nanook])
Flying Dutchman
SubtleTactix
AnnoyingPest (The Machine 86 (replaces KingEnigma))
Olio
Thoth
Electra
Korais

Most of them didn't post too much and in the few posts he had, korais defended Gaspode in a way I don't like.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:10 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Argh... I read that entire .pdf and all mith's post over the last couple of days, and I still can't figure out what his role is. I feel incredibly dense...

It's good that we have a replacement, but I really think he could have made a better entrance post. Oh, well. More on this when I'm not incredibly tired.
To be Continued...
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:39 pm

Post by esme »

Page 85, I think.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:46 am

Post by Fuldu »

esme wrote:Page 85, I think.
That was the only thing I saw, as well, but Charles Fort isn't even a character in the book, he's just a guy who was mentioned. And mith said that this was one of his favorite characters in the book.

I had remembered there being a brief section in the bits that start on page 126 that had a guy actually doing things, but I don't see it. It may just be that I'm remembering something that isn't there because I want to. I don't know why Mr. Flay is being coy about who he thinks it is. He's not going to be modkilled or get mith modkilled by telling us what he thinks.

Does anyone who has reread this now want to comment on the ongoing suggestion that Metatron is part of a good guy masonic group? It just reaffirmed my belief that Metatron is undeniably a villain in the piece, meaning I really ought to go back to voting Blackberry.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:21 am

Post by esme »

Fuldu wrote:
esme wrote:Page 85, I think.
That was the only thing I saw, as well, but Charles Fort isn't even a character in the book, he's just a guy who was mentioned. And mith said that this was one of his favorite characters in the book.
I know, but regardless of what mith said or didn't say, it's clear that he can make it rain fish and it's not a power of the horsemen or the demons, so if he is evil, he is likely an SK and we would recognize his kill-style immediately.
Fuldu wrote:
Does anyone who has reread this now want to comment on the ongoing suggestion that Metatron is part of a good guy masonic group? It just reaffirmed my belief that Metatron is undeniably a villain in the piece, meaning I really ought to go back to voting Blackberry.
If I were mod, there would not be a good Metatron masonic group, but I'm not. I would not dip into any claimed masons now, since there are multiple killing groups and they don't know about each other as well.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:40 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Errr, right, sorry, I forgot that *I* can say who I think somebody else is.

I'm indeed talking about Charles Fort. Here's the line from the book:
Adam's eyes were agleam with the joy of knowledge.
It had been 3:00 A.M. before he'd gone to sleep under a pile of New Aquarians.
"An' then there was this man called Charles Fort," he said. "He could make it rain fish and frogs and stuff."
This jibes well with the concept of a non-Adam character who can cause a rain of fish, he's a little mean (his whole schtick in the real world wasn't that he *did* these things, but that he documented them, trying to prove they weren't real - a skeptic, in other words) as discussed with Seol way back when, and it satisfies the "not all roles will be in the cast list" statement by the mods.

My one remaining question (which is the same as Fuldu's) can't really be answered by mith at this point since we seem to have pegged him, so I guess I'll have to believe him for now. :? Surely mith realizes that if all other scum die and we're still not dead, he's probably next.

Fuldu, why did you go back to the Metatron=evil theory? We seem to only have two kills per night, Devils and Horsemen, unless we've got a surplus of protective roles out there... not that I'm disagreeing that I think Blackberry & Fritzler are that pairing, just what motive I think they have. I think Fritlzer/PitBull/PBuG is just clueless so far...

Still content with my vote on korais666 for now, though if he's absent and get's replaced, I'm gonna be ticked...
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:18 am

Post by Fuldu »

I keep going back to four kills Night One, with the bicycle being the only one I'm comfortable considering ascribing to a vig. I can't explain it and it's really bothering me. With my decreased confidence in mith and increased discomfort with Metatron, I'm not taking anything for granted any more.

See, I don't like Charles Fort as the mith role at all. When he brought up unlisted characters that were a lot of fun, I thought of the Other Four Horsemen. But there's no reasonable explanation of a death by fish kill for them.
mith wrote:I'll get this cleared up somehow... it's so obvious to *me*, but it happens to be one of my favorite characters anyway.
mith wrote:My role is not based on what the character does in the book, but on the name of the character.
Neither of these quotes makes any sense in the context of Charles Fort.

The only thing that sort of makes any sense is that he's Scuzz, aka (among other things) People Covered In Fish. But if that's the case, I'd have pegged him for the bicycle kill Night One, which he's denied having done. And I'd be inclined to think him scum.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:29 am

Post by Blackberry »

Fuldu, I think you should listen to Mr. Flay, he seems extremelly intelligent.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:55 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Vote Count

3 Korais (Esme, mith, Mr. Flay)
1 Blackberry (Olio)
1 Esme (Fritzler)

9 to lynch
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:34 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Blackberry wrote:Fuldu, I think you should listen to Mr. Flay, he seems extremelly intelligent.
I really can't decide if you're scummy, or just...
unusual
. No vote for now, but really, please put in some of your own thoughts rather than currying favor or parroting other people's words.

Fuldu, actually in rereading one of the Other Four Horsemen changes his name while he's dying to "People Buried By Fish", so it's conceivable they could be in the game, and have that kill. However that either means that mith is the ONLY one of them in the game, or that we've got 3-4 more scum in the game than we thought. With ... what, 17 alive (?), two horsemen and a Duke of Hell amongst them, that puts us uncomfortably close to Lynch or Lose. It also means we'd have had something on the order of 12-14 scum originally, which is possible.... I dunno. I'd forgotten about Night One, though... those four kills are suddenly uglier than before.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:42 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Well, it still wouldn't be lynch or lose, cuz they wouldn't be working together would they?
Surfs up dude.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:49 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Fuldu wrote:The only thing that sort of makes any sense is that he's Scuzz, aka (among other things) People Covered In Fish. But if that's the case, I'd have pegged him for the bicycle kill Night One, which he's denied having done. And I'd be inclined to think him scum.
Yes, Mr. Flay, that's what I was saying here. But the more I think about it, the more comfortable that I am with the notion that if the Metatron is pro-town (still not convinced, sorry, but not going to push it), then the Other Horsemen could be, too. They weren't interested in ending the world; they just thought it was cool to ride with badasses.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:10 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Fritzler: True, I had miscalculated on that. We've actually got an absurd lead on scum at this point, unless the Horsemen and the Other Horsemen are aligned. With so many inactive people (but less than before, thank you DS), that's going to make it tough right now.

Fuldu: Somehow I skipped reading the last line of your post about Scuzz, and was stuck on the Charles Fort ideosyncracies. Like I said, the bit about "this character is so much fun" doesn't really apply to Fort, but on the other hand, mith could have enough obscure knowledge to like Fortean jokes in general... :roll: The minute Pigbog or Ansaphones comes up dead, though, I'll switch to your theory... just not sure enough yet.

Overall, the Horsemen+Devils don't provide enough scum for a 32 player game, so you're probably right that there's more out there (unless they've got extra kills, which might account for N1). How do we figure out who is who though, without lynching at random? There's so many theories out there right now... I could see the Metatron as evil, but virtually undetectable, or the Other Horsemen are a long shot, and Sister Mary Loquacious is probably still around...
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:42 am

Post by esme »

I count 32 roles on the role list. Since two are omitted and 32 players, we don't have enough players for the Other Horsemen.

Wouldn't 2 Heaven + 4 Hell + 4 Horsemen + assorted possible double agents (Crowley, Aziraphale, Sister Mary, Delivery man) be a bit much?

The Delivery man could be the reason the horsepersons have stopped killing.

The run over deaths would fit Crowley so well, only that he didn't have a bike, but a car. Anathema is also possible.

However, the "dying of unknown causes"-death is really left over and was done four of the five nights (except for the night mith killed with fish!). It's certainly not done by War or Famine and Pollution was already lynched.
Blackberry wrote:I have a question... why does everything think God/Metatron are a bad group or SK??

There's been two kills each night for the past two nights, I think it would be obvious that they are from the Horsemen and Dukes of Hell???
In this context, the above post is suspicious because the first, fourth and fifth night have "burn" and "die" deaths and the horsepersons are really out of the question, unless someone has an explanation how war kills with natural causes.

I think I want more people to state their suspicions or vote.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:55 am

Post by mith »

So many distractions...

I think it might be a good idea for me to use a kill tonight. I suggest to get things going and to hopefully pin down some people on suspicions for later use, everyone list the three most suspicious players to them, preferably with a bit of reasoning. Hopefully will come out with clear lynching and vigging candidates.

1. korais - This is mostly just from the first couple days. As is my standard practice, I harrassed the first person who looked somewhat scummy, and his reaction didn't sit well with me.
2. SubtleTactix - We nailed GH for, in part, going after the claimed masons. ST was actually the first one to do this, right after they first claimed. I'd forgotten all about it until I caught it skimming just now.
3. olio - Volunteering for the vig-kill is still sticking in my mind. It could've been a genuine "I'm useless, might as well kill me", but I still think he was bluffing; even with the vig discussion, it was an odd time to come out with a claim. That, and the "2 days??" vote when I was being bandwagoned.

Hopefully I can finished reading through this weekend.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:49 pm

Post by olio »

esme wrote:I count 32 roles on the role list. Since two are omitted and 32 players, we don't have enough players for the Other Horsemen.
I counted only 27 roles. Did I miss something?

unvote: Blackberry
, though I'm still bit uncomfortable with their claim as well as the crap Blackberry flinged on my direction yesterday. Would it be wise to test their masonhood with vig-kill?

Mith, why do you think it was odd time for me to present myself as a target for a vig-kill?

I'll get the list of suspicious persons done this weekend as I should have time.
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:07 am

Post by Fuldu »

I get the impression esme is counting one each of "Tibetans, Aliens, Americans, Atlantisans, and other rare and strange Creatures of the Last Days," which would make 32. I agree with olio that it's really only 27 (minus 2) roles, which would leave seven slots to fill. DP is one of them, and presumably so is mith.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”