armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:49 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm having some trouble finding a replacement for Ygg, but I don't want to simply mod kill him this late in the game. I am sorry for the inconvenience, I hope I can figure something out soon. The other option I have been debating is simply putting the game into stasis until Ygg gets back, but that would not be fun for you guys.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:59 pm

Post by MeMe »

It'd be funner than a replacement.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:05 pm

Post by armlx »

Very well, I guess it seems like the best option.

The game will be on temporary freeze until Ygg gets back (presumably the 14th). I apologize for the inconvenience. Crola will be the mod when we return.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:22 am

Post by Crola »

I think I'm supposed to lock it for now.
Kun Lan:"Oops, I guess my trick didn't work on you."
Harman:"Tricks are for kids, Kun. I'm an old man."
~ Killer7
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:17 am

Post by Crola »

Sorry for the delay guys, MeMe sucked out my modding powers with a vacuum and I forgot.
We're back on schedule.
~ Killer7
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:20 am

Post by Crola »

I can't find the last vote count so all votes have been officially nullified for this day. Please re-vote to have it count.
~ Killer7
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:28 am

Post by MeMe »

I don't think there were any votes to count today.

Could everyone post a "here" so we know we've got full participation?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:39 am

Post by CoolBot »

I'm here now
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:47 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

I'm back from vacation. Sorry for making you all wait for two weeks. I am re-reading the thread and will have a post comming shortly.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:59 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

... or not so shortly.

CoolBot, it is true that in the beginning of the game I argued against the existence of an SK. I'll quote that post for you:
Yggdrasil wrote:As a general rule, I don't assume a second killer unless there are two kills in a night or some other good reason to believe so. The hatchet part to me is just flavor.
As promised, when two kills showed up, I began to believe in the theory of an SK:
Yggdrasil, Post #253 wrote:If we do have an SK, I find it somewhat odd that his/her kill did not show up until now. However, I would also hesitate to attribute Nai's death to a vigilante since that's a very risky kill for a vig to make; had Nai not been mafia, the mafia would have won (assuming three mafia). For once, I will say that the flavor of the kill also strongly indicates a serial killer.
Right now, I believe we do have an SK and that the SK is responsible for Nai's and Thesp's death.

In response to Stewie's comment about me not saying much during the game, I will admit that I didn't post very frequently. However, I feel that I was fairly straightforward on who I thought was suspicious. Stewie, on the other hand, didn't seem to argue very strongly for or against anyone during the first few days, hence my comment about his lack of participation. It's not the lack of posts that concerns me, it's the lack of content relevant to his suspicions.

Right now, I don't really have much of a decision to make. CoolBot is definitely not responsible for Thesp's death. I also find it highly unlikely that MeMe is the killer either. Given CoolBot's investigation of MeMe on night 3, she cannot be the SK (since we know the SK killed on night 3). Since I think that the SK is responsible for Thesp's death, MeMe is also not a good candidate for Thesp's killer. Since I know that I am not Thesp's killer, that leaves only Stewie left as the killer.

Of course, for MeMe and CoolBot, the choice is between Stewie and me. First, to address MeMe's argument, I don't think we should lynch on the basis of which lynch is safest. If you're assuming that we're going to lynch incorrectly in the first place, then you're pretty much just admitting defeat. Since draws usually go to the anti-town roles, it seems likely that all sittuations would end in a town loss (even though, technically the SK/mafia couldn't kill you and you couldn't kill the SK/mafia).

CoolBot, as MeMe mentioned, Stewie also argued against the existence of an SK and he continues to do so. For example, recently he posted:
Stewie wrote:Although I understand why her investigation clears her, I would think that mafia and sk (if any) alike would get some kind of reward (in the form of points) for skipping a kill. However, right now I doubt anyone is a sk (but I am still open to the possibility).
I'm running out of time so I'll try to post more later.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:31 pm

Post by Stewie »

I think coolbot is suspicious of you for not arguing against the existance of a sk.

What makes you think that MeMe did not kill Thesp?

Right now I am certain that either Ygg or MeMe is scum. I would feel more confortable letting MeMe live today.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:30 pm

Post by MeMe »

Stewie, what do you mean you're more comfortable letting me live? I thought I was your top preference for a lynch. Is that a typo? If not, what's changed your mind?
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:10 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Stewie wrote:I think coolbot is suspicious of you for not arguing against the existance of a sk.
I would have a hard time believing Nai's death was due to a vig. Of those who could have vig killed Nai (SpeedyKQ, Pheobus, Thesp, Coolbot, Meme, Yggdrasil, Stewie), we can eliminate Phoebus (since he's mafia), and us four because no one claimed responsibility for killing Nai. That leaves Speedy or Thesp as our possible vigs. As MeMe pointed out, Thesp said:
Thesp (Post #251) wrote:Well, crud. Most likely we have 2 mafia and an SK left, if the typical numbers are present in this game. Mass claim time?
Which would be a strange thing to say if he were the vig. Therefore, it is reasonable to exclude him from our list of possible vigilantes.

That leaves Speedy, but it makes no sense for SpeedyKQ to vig kill. Why?

1) A wrong vig kill could have lost the game.
Going into night 3, we had 8 alive. Assuming the normal 3 scum left, we would have been left with 7 alive on day 3. However, if you add an erroneous vig kill into the equation, you have six alive with three scum (i.e. a loss). It just seems too risky of a kill to make unless he was completely sure that Nai was scum. But...

2) SpeekyKQ could not have been completely sure that Nai was scum.
From his death scene, we know Speedy had invulnerability to most night kills. If we are to assume he was also a vig, that would put him at 14 points. To assume he had an investigative ability (lets say he bought backup cop and got the cop ability from mlaker) puts him at 19 points. I find it highly doubtful that he could have gotten that many points. 14 maybe, but not 19.

That said, I can think of a logical reason why Speedy would have vig killed. Speedy probably noticed one-shot vig was not a restricted ability, and that the mafia could obtain one-shot vig. Therefore, with 8 alive on night 3, he could have assumed the mafia would use their kill plus the one-shot vig kill to end the game. In order to prevent this from happening, Speedy took a shot at the most suspicious person available: Nai.

So, yes, there is a case for either argument. Personally, I think there's an SK because of the flavor of the kill. I do not think a pro-town vigilante would mince up his victims and place him in ziplock bags. This kill seems much more consistent with a serial killer (though an argument like this does get dangerously close to trying to outguess the mod). I do agree that the opening post doesn't really support the existence of an SK through its various references to the mafia, but that could just be an oversight on the part of the mod.

Stewie wrote:What makes you think that MeMe did not kill Thesp?
By CoolBot's investigation (post 370) we know that MeMe stayed put night 3. That eliminates her from being a serial killer. You also claimed to have blocked Phoebus night 3. So, in order for MeMe to be part of the mafia, Nai must have been the killer on night 3. Therefore, it is unlikely that MeMe is part of the mafia just looking at it that way. Plus, MeMe doesn't seem scummy to me. I would consider her a possible SK if not for CB's investigation, but there are better candidates for probable mafia.

I just thought of something. Lets assume I am the sole remaining killer. What do you guys lose if you don't lynch me?

1) We lynch Stewie
MeMe protects CoolBot. I can't kill anyone because CB is doc-protected and MeMe is invulnerable to night kills. Since "the mafia can only buy an ability once" (opening post), we don't have to worry about another unstoppable kill (unless SK has access to those abilities as well and I'm the SK).

2) We lynch MeMe
Stewie can block me, prevent my kill, and be sure that I'm mafia/SK tomorrow.

3) If we somehow decide to lynch CoolBot, I'll be blocked and all my targets will be protected from night kills.

I'm not sure how this works out if we assume two killers left, but if you believe we have one killer left, then I've pretty much already lost if I am the sole remaining killer.

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:52 pm

Post by MeMe »

Yggdrasil wrote:I just thought of something. Lets assume I am the sole remaining killer. What do you guys lose if you don't lynch me?

1) We lynch Stewie
MeMe protects CoolBot. I can't kill anyone because CB is doc-protected and MeMe is invulnerable to night kills.
If you're the killer, the actuality would be that you'd hit CoolBot with both your vig kill and scum kill, thereby winding up in a two-player endgame. So, when you leave out the fact that you've claimed one-shot vigilante, that one seems logical. But we
can't
forget about that...and I think it's really weird that you seem to expect us to.
Yggdrasil wrote:2) We lynch MeMe
Stewie can block me, prevent my kill, and be sure that I'm mafia/SK tomorrow.
If it were between you and me, sure. But it's between you and Stewie for me (and, I think, CoolBot). Even suggesting this when you've said that you can't see me or CoolBot as the killer looks hinky. I mean, lynching me means that, if you're telling the truth, Stewie's the killer and the one protector is out of the game.
Yggdrasil wrote:3) If we somehow decide to lynch CoolBot, I'll be blocked and all my targets will be protected from night kills.
No-lynch makes more sense than CoolBot-lynch.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:57 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Yggdrasil wrote:(i.e. a loss)
False. Vigs save.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:58 pm

Post by MeMe »

mid-post
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:02 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Yggdrasil wrote:CoolBot, as MeMe mentioned, Stewie also argued against the existence of an SK and he continues to do so.
What's your point?
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:06 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

I thought you were attacking me on the basis that I didn't believe in an SK, so I pointed this out.

Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:23 pm

Post by Stewie »

MeMe wrote:Stewie, what do you mean you're more comfortable letting me live? I thought I was your top preference for a lynch. Is that a typo? If not, what's changed your mind?
From my point of view, it actually doesn't matter much. If we lynch wrong, I can block the other and lynch them the next day. I feel more confortable lynching ygg because if you are scum then you can kill normally. Ygg has the normal kill and the vigi kill, and eventhough I know I can blcok both of them at the same time, I feel more confortable lynching him.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:05 pm

Post by MeMe »

CoolBot -- how confident are you that we can lynch scum today?

If we
miss
, I think the best we can hope for is a draw: 1) if we lynch Stewie and Yggdrasil's scum, he can kill you tonight by double-targeting you; 2) if we lynch Yggdrasil and Stewie's scum, he can block me and kill you tonight.

I'm trying to work out the benefits of going no-lynch...so far I've come up with

--There will probably be one less person to have to consider
--The killer won't be positive of whom I'm protecting
--We'll have more information due to night action reports

We should still have a game tomorrow even if there's a kill (I protect wrong or, if Stewie's good, he blocks wrong)...and I don't think there should be more than one unless 1) we have both mafia and SK left (which I consider to be ridiculously unlikely) or 2) Stewie's the killer and Yggdrasil vigges someone else or 3) Yggdrasil's the killer and is able to vig one of you and kill the other because both Stewie and I chose wrong. All of those are unlikely, in my opinion.

What do you think, CoolBot? Better to just lynch today and hope for the best or does no-lynch look smarter? I get less sure about how to vote every time one of them posts.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:53 am

Post by CoolBot »

yggdrasil wrote:I thought you were attacking me on the basis that I didn't believe in an SK
The opposite, actually.
MeMe wrote:Better to just lynch today
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:54 am

Post by MeMe »

Why is it better?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:30 am

Post by CoolBot »

Double scum kill.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:41 pm

Post by MeMe »

So...you're saying you believe strongly enough that Yggdrasil's the scum and that he should be lynched today? That's the way I'm interpreting "double scum kill."
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:48 am

Post by CoolBot »

Either could have.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”