Mini 925: Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Mafia: GAME OVER!

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Note to self: For this game, declare V/LA one day before and after EVERY test, since it's too easy to miss 48 hours of posting otherwise.

I should probably do the same for papers, come to think of it... so
V/LA until Thursday.

Noted

NavyCherub wrote:
Leech wrote:How is it scummy to bring up a topic for discussion? How is the "first post" specification you made relevant at all? It obviously started discussion, and brought forth a subject that we should be thinking about in this type of game.
Yes, you're right, it's not.
Unvote
magnus_orion wrote:I'm sort of getting the feeling you just made this vote because people were pressuring you about not voting. Can you dissuade me from this feeling?
I mostly did it for reaction purposes.
If I had voted because I was pressured I would have done it right away.
Wait, is NavyCherub *seriously* trying to get away with the "reaction testing" argument? That's been a giant scumtell for at least a year now.
NavyCherub wrote:I'll elaborate then. The first vote was scummy to me because it started it the whole thing (no way) and didn't say much other than that the mod might be a character. No indication of if the mod was a character we should be wary of, etc., just that there might be a Mod character. Leech then didn't bring it up again until I voted him for it. I was thinking he did this in order to draw attention away from his connection to the votes, so I voted. We had some exchanges on the topic, I do not find the idea of the Mod being a negative character a scummy thing anymore. I still don't think we should lynch her TODAY, though.
Wait, so you're voting Leech for... a random vote? Care to explain?

Vote: NavyCherub
- any possible Tar lynch can wait, and you look like the scummiest player right now.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

The Sixth "Dir" Vote Count

"I'll take the third option and kill everyone else...starting with YOU!"

Mod Note: Tarhalindur has also clearly picked up his prod

0. UncertainKitten (2): Leech, Snow_Bunny
1. Cobalt (1): CSL
2. RayFrost (0)
3. Col.Cathart (2): Kairyuu, Cobalt
4. DisCode (0)
5. Snow_Bunny (0)
6. Tarhalindur (0)
7. Kairyuu (0)
8. mangus_orion (0)
9. Leech (0)
10. TheLonging (0)
11. NavyCherub (3): DisCode, RayFrost, Tarhalindur
12. CSL (0)

Not Voting (4): mangus_orion, TheLonging, Col.Cathart, Navy Cherub

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline is in 10 days at 11 AM EST, Friday, March 5th
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Tarhalindur wrote:Wait, so you're voting Leech for... a random vote? Care to explain?
Leech's vote wasn't random, as he's defended it. I'm also not voting for him right now.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by RayFrost »

NavyCherub wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:Wait, so you're voting Leech for... a random vote? Care to explain?
Leech's vote wasn't random, as he's defended it. I'm also not voting for him right now.
so your vote wasn't a reaction vote cuz you are defending it (same argument, diff. wording).

awesome defense there.

awesome defense on the 'not voting anymore, so you can't use it against me'
don't you feel silly now?
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Cobalt »

navy who's scum
hatersgonnahate.gif
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Cobalt wrote:navy who's scum
You look like a good candidate right now, with posts consisting of "What?" and votes after a period of not posting with no reasoning behind them (usually followed by something like "more votes on xxx please"). No one else sticks out alot to me. You're the most scum looking person to me. I'm not voting because I don't feel strongly enough for your lynch yet.
RayFrost wrote:so your vote wasn't a reaction vote cuz you are defending it (same argument, diff. wording).

awesome defense there.

awesome defense on the 'not voting anymore, so you can't use it against me'
I wasn't defending it, I was clarifying that it clearly wasn't random. You can go look at what he's said if you want, I'm not saying this completely unwarranted.

Awesome sarcasm there.

That wasn't a defense, once again, clarifying since he seems to have missed that.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Cobalt »

unvote vote navycherub
hatersgonnahate.gif
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Voting for me before your vote can be considered OMGUS? Cool.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by RayFrost »

NavyCherub wrote:Voting for me because I'm scum? Cool.
fixed
don't you feel silly now?
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

NavyCherub wrote:I'll elaborate then. The first vote was scummy to me because it started it the whole thing (no way) and didn't say much other than that the mod might be a character. No indication of if the mod was a character we should be wary of, etc., just that there might be a Mod character. Leech then didn't bring it up again until I voted him for it. I was thinking he did this in order to draw attention away from his connection to the votes, so I voted. We had some exchanges on the topic, I do not find the idea of the Mod being a negative character a scummy thing anymore. I still don't think we should lynch her TODAY, though.
:?
but... I thought you said you didn't think it was scummy until you decided to vote leech on it, at which point you decided it was scummy... for some reason...

Now that you talked it over with leech... you changed your mind... again...

So what exactly changed your mind and caused you to unvote? Can you explain your reasoning?
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

magnus_orion wrote:but... I thought you said you didn't think it was scummy until you decided to vote leech on it, at which point you decided it was scummy... for some reason...

Now that you talked it over with leech... you changed your mind... again...

So what exactly changed your mind and caused you to unvote? Can you explain your reasoning?
I explained why I thought it was scummy when I voted for Leech in the post you quoted. I didn't think it was entirely vote worthy, but I wanted to see how he would respond (apparently this is scummy).

Leech's post about how the lynch didn't need to happen today and how the topic was one that needed to be discussed changed my view on his first vote in particular. It isn't entirely unreasonable to consider the Mod an anti-town faction because of the situation (the game type, the flavor, possibly Tar's role but he hasn't elaborated on that, all these are points made in the discussion so far), so simply that idea isn't scummy.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Post by Leech »

Leech's post about how the lynch didn't need to happen today and how the topic was one that needed to be discussed changed my view on his first vote in particular.
Funny, I didn't say whether it needed to happen today or not. I never once stated whether it would be beneficial to lynch the mod today or not. You've been the one discussion a mod lynch. I simply voted for the Mod because the mod is a player in these games sometimes. Considering there was no one else to go for, I figured I'd at least be somewhat productive.
Leech's vote wasn't random, as he's defended it
Actually, it was pretty much a standard RVS vote. The mod could be a player, so voting for UK with nothing to go on as opposed to a guaranteed player with nothing to go on is pretty much the same thing. There was no meaning beyond "Random vote, maybe we should consider the mod might be in this game." It wasn't my vote I was defending, I was defending myself from your faulty logic.

You still haven't answered how the first mod vote is more scummy than the 4th vote that was cast. Nor have you explained how the fact that it was my first vote is even remotely relevant. You were suspicious of me for starting something, when I'd have no way of knowing how it would be perceived. Shouldn't you be suspicious of the people who ran with it? The wagon was up to four votes at one point. Why aren't you questioning them?

Also if you want to get technical Tar was the first to mention it, not me. He made a joke about it in the confirmation stage. I just re-read the thread and noticed that. I must have missed it before, not expecting something to actually happen pre-game.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:32 am

Post by NavyCherub »

Leech wrote:
Leech's post about how the lynch didn't need to happen today and how the topic was one that needed to be discussed changed my view on his first vote in particular.
Funny, I didn't say whether it needed to happen today or not. I never once stated whether it would be beneficial to lynch the mod today or not. You've been the one discussion a mod lynch. I simply voted for the Mod because the mod is a player in these games sometimes. Considering there was no one else to go for, I figured I'd at least be somewhat productive.
Leech wrote:I said it's not bad to suspect, I never said anything about lynching.
^ That is the quote I'm referring to.
Actually, it was pretty much a standard RVS vote. The mod could be a player, so voting for UK with nothing to go on as opposed to a guaranteed player with nothing to go on is pretty much the same thing. There was no meaning beyond "Random vote, maybe we should consider the mod might be in this game." It wasn't my vote I was defending, I was defending myself from your faulty logic.
My mistake, I was in the wrong to assume you were defending the vote, but I assumed that because that is the thing I was directing my action toward.
You still haven't answered how the first mod vote is more scummy than the 4th vote that was cast. Nor have you explained how the fact that it was my first vote is even remotely relevant.
The first vote got the wagon started; you could have information about the mod that we don't, hence your immediate direction of attention toward the mod.
Shouldn't you be suspicious of the people who ran with it? The wagon was up to four votes at one point. Why aren't you questioning them?
You are correct, I was thinking about this before starting to write this post. I should be scumhunting, not just defending myself. I will soon, but I have to leave for school right now.
Also if you want to get technical Tar was the first to mention it, not me. He made a joke about it in the confirmation stage. I just re-read the thread and noticed that. I must have missed it before, not expecting something to actually happen pre-game.
I never considered the pre-game, but I still don't think the pre-game is significant right now.

When I come back I will reread and begin to question some people.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:19 am

Post by magnus_orion »

NavyCherub wrote:
Leech wrote:
Leech wrote:I said it's not bad to suspect, I never said anything about lynching.
^ That is the quote I'm referring to.
My mistake, I was in the wrong to assume you were defending the vote, but I assumed that because that is the thing I was directing my action toward.
You still haven't answered how the first mod vote is more scummy than the 4th vote that was cast. Nor have you explained how the fact that it was my first vote is even remotely relevant.
The first vote got the wagon started; you could have information about the mod that we don't, hence your immediate direction of attention toward the mod.
Shouldn't you be suspicious of the people who ran with it? The wagon was up to four votes at one point. Why aren't you questioning them?
You are correct, I was thinking about this before starting to write this post. I should be scumhunting, not just defending myself. I will soon, but I have to leave for school right now.
I never considered the pre-game, but I still don't think the pre-game is significant right now.

When I come back I will reread and begin to question some people.
but, it sounds like Tar
does
have information about the mod we don't...

and why didn't you consider pre-game significant?

Your actions aren't matching with your explanations, now it looks like you should have voted tar.

unvote vote: Navycherub

I don't think your motivations for these actions are sincere. Could you explain the discrepancy between your motivations and your actions?
Show
Win-Loss
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:00 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@Navy: Claim. You are at L-2. Consider yourself at L-1 for all intents and purposes, as a failure to claim now will directly result in that L-1 situation becoming a reality.

V/LA for the rest of today, and possibly tomorrow as well

Well, NOW it's noted but it's kinda too late now :P
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
DisCode
DisCode
Goon
DisCode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 am

Post by DisCode »

Magnus wrote:Discode, could you elaborate on what you said about Kairyuu?
Is there anything in particular that sticks out?
Kai is the new Armlx to me. When I used to play with armlx, I could tell from the tone in which he posted if he was scum or town.
The same is now with Kai. Kai is nice and fun to play with when he's town. But when he's scum, his tone is entirely different. I can't think of the right word to describe it right now though >.<
CSL wrote:I just don't like policy lynches. I'm voting Cobalt for not answering a question made to him, and ignoring it. I say that's anti-town. Uu~!
Which question? Because when you voted him, you didn't mention any question. You did mention policy lynches being unacceptable.
Not buying the reason given.

Post 124 does nothing to withdraw my argument. Even if he's not a fast-voter as he claims to be, he didn't question any of the players. Eventhough it's scummy to him.
This post gets worse when you look at post 127. Here, he votes Leech for starting this all. Yet, it's not Leech who's talking about it. Both post 124 and post 127 mention the growing discussion as seeing the FL-wagon supporters as scummy.
Navy, want to explain why you went for somebody who wasn't talking about lynching the mod, while calling the growing of this discussion scummy?

Magnus asked already. Not buying the reason at all.

Post 132 also contains a strange question. Navy thinks lynching the mod is a bad idea. The questions asked do not support this vision.

And then we get the 'I voted for reactions'-reason in post 143. So in the end, Navy still didn't vote based upon it being scummy.
(Also, promises don't mean anything unless you can tell it in red ;))
Though seriously, your promise and 'if'-situation don't mean a thing.

But the best post is post 149. Both Navy and Leech used their random vote to vote something else than one of the twelve players (Mod not counted in case she's not a player). Yet, Navy discredits Leech for this. But the best part, Navy doesn't mention the reason he stated earlier why the FL-wagon was scummy to him: The growing discussion.
His vote was all based upon a random vote, which Leech never pushed. That's Navy's case against Leech. While Kai should actually be the player that Navy should suspect, based upon the reason Navy stated why the FL-wagon is scummy as Kai is the only one still mentioning that he wants a mod-lynch.
This you may explain, Navy. Just like why you changed your thoughts about the FL-wagon.

Has Leech already explained why he isn't voting his top suspect?
DisCode
DisCode
Goon
DisCode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:10 am

Post by DisCode »

Kairyuu wrote:@Navy: Claim. You are at L-2. Consider yourself at L-1 for all intents and purposes, as a failure to claim now will directly result in that L-1 situation becoming a reality.
Psst, you may quote role PM's. I prefer that over a claim.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:53 am

Post by TheLonging »

Picking up prod, I clearly missed shit. Will read back from where I stopped posting.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:24 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Kai is the new Armlx to me. When I used to play with armlx, I could tell from the tone in which he posted if he was scum or town.
The same is now with Kai. Kai is nice and fun to play with when he's town. But when he's scum, his tone is entirely different. I can't think of the right word to describe it right now though >.<
My meta says that kairyuu lurks, and generally posts less content as town, and is more engaging and involved in the game as scum.
He finds playing scum more interesting, and gets bored as town.

So I'm curious if you could back this up, because in my meta-book, kai is behaving like kai-town.

Kai also claims to have never played a game with you before, could you explain this?
Show
Win-Loss
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Kairyuu »

magnus_orion wrote:
My meta says that kairyuu lurks, and generally posts less content as town, and is more engaging and involved in the game as scum.
He finds playing scum more interesting, and gets bored as town.

So I'm curious if you could back this up, because in my meta-book, kai is behaving like kai-town.

Kai also claims to have never played a game with you before, could you explain this?
Quiet you. I'm trying to fix that bad habit.

Also, pretty sure DisCode is an alt. I'm highly curious as to who the main is though.

And now I'm ACTUALLY gonna go do my lab report(s).
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:52 am

Post by magnus_orion »

wait... does that mean you're arguing that I'm wrong you're not playing like my meta suggests you would as town?
Show
Win-Loss
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Kairyuu »

magnus_orion wrote:
wait... does that mean you're arguing that I'm wrong you're not playing like my meta suggests you would as town?
More like I'm arguing that I'm trying to fix the bad habit that gave you that meta on me in the first place. I thought I had succeeded at least partially, but you're making it sound like I'm doing it again here.

STOP MAKING ME PUT OFF MY LAB TO POST HERE.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

I still think lynching the mod is a good idea, but right now I'm more interested in how the Navy's wagons develops. I'm finding him a bit scummy, but I think it's a bit early to be lynching someone. Also, I want to hear from that
false
claim as well.

Also, I would like to hear what Tar knows about the mod, if that isn't asking for much.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

UK, sorry but please replace me out.

I can't catch the connection with this game, and this is a symptom of dreadful 'shitty play'. I would rather have town to get a valuable player rather than me under-performing. Sorry everyone.

/me sighs.

Fine. I'll go get him.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by CSL »

Navy looks scummy. I'm going to go reread, and pay special attention to Navy's posts. Uu~!
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O