Mafia 110: Mafia in Hell, Michigan (Tied.)

jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by jbernier93 »

WRP_Beater wrote:
NS wrote:@WRP_Beater: You might be new, but you came in at exactly the wrong moment. Can you give us some thoughts on the game? Or mafia in general? Or, really, anything?
Yes, I'm new
here
. You know, I've played in 6 mafias, 5 playing right now, 2 in MS. But I've never survived till the end :lol:. I know tactics, but if I'm scum I'm never able to resist pressuring. Believe me, if I was scum I'd do something wrong under pressure, but don't misunderstand: I'm not forcing you to pressure me :lol:. So, I won't claim right now, even if I see I look suspicious.
I don't understand this post at all...
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by RayFrost »

okay, wtf.

12 pages and I haven't even gotten to post yet!
don't you feel silly now?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Netopalis wrote:
Vote Count:

RichardGHP(4) - Farside22, Horrordude0215, SaintKerrigan, JBernier93
Crypto (2) - Dr. Cyanide, Molestargazer
Dedicated Scribe (1) - Cirno
RichardGHP (1) - Molestargazer
Horrordude0215 (1) -
Ace5993 (1) - Lowell
Musher333(1) - DedicatedScribe
WRP_Beater (1) - Crypto

Deadline: March 10, 4:00 PM EST
As always, please note any errors in the vote count.

(Vote counts are posted daily between 4 and 5 PM, as well as additionally whenever I happen to be on and have a bit of free time. At the very least, though, they will be posted around that time.)
I have no time to properly audit this right now, but you have twelve votes and eleven people not voting. But we only have 20 players.

See you tomorrow.

Oh, and
vote: WRP_Beater
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Ythan »

Five minutes after requested, mod is on the ball. One concern though.
Ythan wrote:
vote RichardGHP
vote RichardGHP

WRP, if you're not new then you need to be lynched. Your self-meta and really all of 266 is sending off major red flags for me.

Musher, I don't like your scum wouldn't do that comment in 269 either.

WRP, the amount of posts is not what is making you look scummy.

GHP and WRP need to die. I will go with a lynch on either.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by DedicatedScribe »

crypto wrote:
DedicatedScribe wrote:Crypto seems a little spammy.
Yeah, sometimes it gets a little out of control . . .
He doesn't post anything of value, and only replies to things, in that intelligent way you know he do without showing any sign of actually looking for scum.
We're a few pages into the thread. A lot of players haven't even chimed in yet. There's very little solid content to go off, and most of the time I don't consider myself a fan of the clumsy surveys players use to try to get out of RVS. That said, I've drawn up three (tentative) town reads—I'll share them if you want; I love sharing!—and I've argued against adherence to Lynch All Liars. I'm also getting mildly scummy vibes from horrordude.

Ta-da!
If happy to do it, then why didn't you just do it?
farside22 wrote:
scribe wrote:Anyways.

vote Musher333

This is me voting and feeling that I won't need to unvote for the rest of the day.

My fair Musher, I'm taking that pbpa scheduled for tomorrow as a promise.
Scribe why do you say the above in regards to your vote on Musher
This strategy on the wikia told me to. I'd like to see how it works out before it is cited.
Musher333 wrote:Ok here is the player by player analysis, any players missed out of it means either they haven't talked, have only said an "I'm here message" or i have no read on.

Crypto - His answers seem quite short and non engaging in the topic, although he posts quite often he doesn't seem to put much detail in what he says which to me gives a slightly scummy feel as if he is trying not to say much incase he gives away information he doesn't want to.

Cirno - Talks in an odd way, seemingly due to playstyle. Similarily to Crypto she doesn't seem to be posting in much detail however her answers also don't seem to be helping aid the discussion along which gives a scummy vibe to me.
FoS Cirno

Dedicated Scribe - Voted without giving a reason and said they feel they will have no reason to change their vote for the rest of the day. Without giving a reason this makes no sense to say so a reason would be nice.
Also talks about not waiting and wanting to get ahead with the day as soon as possible, rushing is never a good idea as it gives a bigger chance of a mislynch before we have gathered enough information.
Gives a slightly scummy vibe at the moment.

Ythan - Talks a fair amount and seems to ask the right questions of people, at the moment he gives a pro town vibe to me.

This hasn't included many players but it has included the players i felt i should comment on. If i have missed anyone out you want to know my feelings on ask and i'll write an analysis on them.
My whole vote on you is a based on a really bad itch, if you know what I mean. Your pbpa doesn't cure the itch, since it doesnt seem committed.

In fact...nothing you say seems to be committed. I scrolled up and typed this in after I re-read the thread. I'll restate it in a slightly smaller wallpost if need be.
Ythan wrote:I'm withholding my judgment on your analysis of Crypto, but the word you're looking for, contributing without actually contributing, is active lurking.

Why did you FoS Cirno but not Crypto?
The difference between the two, it seems to me, is that Cirno is more of a distraction.
Ythan wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:EBWOP:
@Whoever said I was on thin ice: Way to post inane fluff. Though, it doesn't really bother me at all.
Ythan wrote:Players 4, 10, and 16 are on thin ice.
Attacking a case on you that wasn't even ever made and then saying it doesn't even bother you. I believe that you are scum.

vote RichardGHP
Now that you've voted before everyone posted, tell me more about your attack on Richard. I know this can't be the only point.
SaintKerrigan wrote:
FoS: WRP_Beater
for his convenient and timely entrance.
In actuality, it isn't timely or convenient, as he's getting votes right now O.o

His join date kinda removes this point, however. Ill also
FoS WRP_ Beater
molestargazer wrote:
14. DedicatedScribe
- Got a good vote from his P113. Nothing particularly good about it. But I like the analysis (the serious bits. I do not condone insulting nerds.)
Yay, I matter.
jbernier93 wrote:
Ythan wrote:Players 4, 10, and 16 are on thin ice.
dictionary.com wrote: inane – adjective
lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly

fluff – noun
something of no consequence
RichardGHP wrote:EBWOP:

@Whoever said I was on thin ice: Way to post inane fluff. Though, it doesn't really bother me at all.
Well, if Ythan's post were really "something sily & of no consequence which lacks sense and/or significance," then you wouldn't bother to go look up which players correspond to the numbers he was looking to. Nor would you bother responding to the post once you realized it was referring to you. It was Ythan's post indicating players who in his mind were rather scummy. Basically you respond to a post which essentially had no case, (other than saying you were scummy) call it dumb, (at least that seems the most logical interpretation of "inane fluff") and then say you don't care about it. Then you continue to talk about not caring about it.

You see the problem there?

For that and also for post 193,
unvote, vote:RichardGHP
Ythan wrote: JB, why that specific non-poster?
Not exactly sure, I guess I wasn't really paying close attention and thought pretty much everyone else had posted.
crypto wrote:
Unvote. Vote: WRP_Beater.
Why, out of curiosity?
molestargazer wrote:
8. JBernier93
- I have a feeling our views are just going to have to differ Re: this. I personally find voting, and putting pressure, at an early stage not a bad thing.
It wasn't so much the timing as the fact that the act which horror voted for was, IMHO, not nearly scummy enough to warrant a vote. But, we shall agree to disagree.
It's always fun to use the dictionary to explain an attack. Now it makes perfect sense. or this one does, at least.

mushman, I might have to save you for later.
horrordude0215 wrote:
crypto wrote:
MSG wrote:@crypto - Could you please explain your vote in Post 43? Was it about the whole alt thing?
Yes. It was a joke. My first serious vote was the vote for horrordude. That FOS sticks, but Beater needs to straighten up.
Your first serious vote was off of vibes? Really?

Fos: crypto

The only reason why I don't have a vote on you is because Richard is a lot scummier right now IMO
So was mine ^^.

The early serious votes tend to have this quality. I trust my vibes. As of such, that isn't a scumtell at all. Rather, this post could be a good example of a bad attempt at setting up a mislynch. so,
FoS Horrordude

But even though some others are scummy, I don't feel that big of an urge to vote you just yet ^^
crypto wrote:
jbernier93 wrote:
Ythan wrote:
jbernier93 wrote:
crypto wrote:
jbernier wrote:Why, out of curiosity?
Asshattery. He has yet to post content and when he chimed in we were well beyond the brush-off-criticism-with-a-joke stage.
his join date is within the past 30 days, isn't it reasonable to think he has no idea what the hell he should say?
When I first started playing mafia, my posts where highly similar to his, in that they had no content in them and consisted of dumb things.
Lynch out to straighten him out.
Or we can try actually looking for scum?
Why do you assume newbs aren't scum?
Musher333 wrote:Scum instantly have more information than vanilla townies as they know who is scum (and in a game with basic roles) who is town. This information can expose them if they comment on someone with something that makes it sound like they know the side that person is part of.
Meh. Scum can generate in-depth content just fine in my experience.
I think newbs have a different set of scumtells they periodically exemplify. I'm always a little scared to lynch a noob, b/c they slip when they ARENT scum, often, too.
horrordude0215 wrote:
Ythan wrote:Then one you're attacking for being based on a vibe.
How am I attacking him? I just said that I find it shady that he has a vote based on "vibes"
Lol. You said he was the second most scummy person alive this Day 1, and FoSed him. That is, in fact, the action we call "attacking".
Nobody Special wrote:
@DedicatedScribe: Why did you feel the need to tell us you probably would not move your vote? Also, why do you feel you may not move it? (Please note, these
are
two separate and disctinct questions. Please answer both. Thanks!) Oh, and third question: Why the rush to lynch?
I can answer both succinctly. I said it, but didn't necessarily mean it. I said it because the wiki told me it would be a good idea to make the target feel like I'm his stalker. For the remainder of the game, unless I decide he's town, I will be his stalker ^^. I do trust my vibes.
WRP_Beater wrote:You know, I've played in 6 mafias, 5 playing right now, 2 in MS. But I've never survived till the end :lol:. I know tactics, but if I'm scum I'm never able to resist pressuring. Believe me, if I was scum I'd do something wrong under pressure.
You sure would. I already FoSed you in this post I think.
Musher333 wrote:Doubt he is scum, scum wouldn't be stupid enough to post something like that surely.
Nope, no townie vibes just yet :)

Richard and Mr. Beater are on my more realistic hitlist for today. Shall we?

unvote; vote WRP_Beater

I don't know why I'd rather vote Beater. Mainly because I feel the attack on him is more easy to understand, and the one on Richard could be sensationalized. I don't have enough time to look on that, so I'll go with the simpler choice.

The votes also piled on Richard more quickly. Some event on another website has brought me to always go with the slower very-viable wagon.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Fixed Vote Count:

RichardGHP(4) - Farside22, Horrordude0215, JBernier93, Ythan
WRP_Beater (3) - Crypto, SaintKerrigan, DedicatedScribe
Crypto (2) - Dr. Cyanide, Molestargazer
Dedicated Scribe (1) - Cirno
Ace5993 (1) - Lowell

Deadline: March 10, 4:00 PM EST
As always, please note any errors in the vote counnt

(Vote counts are posted daily between 4 and 5 PM, as well as additionally whenever I happen to be on and have a bit of free time. At the very least, though, they will be posted around that time.)
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by farside22 »

wiki told you to stalk a player you get a vibe on!
How creepy is that feeling. :lol:

Well it's weird but I can't see a flaw with it actually if the player is scum it may be an interesting reaction you get. I may have to try that method another game for shits and giggles.

As for my read on WRP: he strikes me as anti/VI player. More anti-town but not scummy.
I'm waiting with baited breathe on Richard to come back to this game and explain himself.
SK: you earned my
FOS
Something about your quick jump over to WRP. I get a scummy vibe that reminds me of when you were scum in another game I can't shake right now.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Ythan »

DedicatedScribe wrote:Now that you've voted before everyone posted, tell me more about your attack on Richard. I know this can't be the only point.
And why is that?
The early serious votes tend to have this quality. I trust my vibes. As of such, that isn't a scumtell at all.
You don't say.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Ythan »

As for the wiki strategy, or really any strategy, letting people know that you're just putting pressure on them usually invalidates your efforts.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by pman5595 »

This is moving really fast. I will reread at some point after I'm done with my homework.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by crypto »

Cirno: it's time to stop lurking.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Ythan »

Is Cirno lurking?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Everybody should vote me now.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Ythan »

If you're town you're not good town. Lynch plz. Claim first if you want.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Ythan wrote:If you're town you're not good town. Lynch plz. Claim first if you want.
Why would I claim with only four votes?

Anyways, GOGO RICHARD LYNCH NAO PL0X!!1!!1 :roll:
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Ythan »

Because you're going to die.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Ythan wrote:Because you're going to die.
Oh my God what a huge tunnel.

unvote vote Ythan.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by Ythan »

Is anyone surprised? How is that even a tunnel. To the rest of the scum out there give us a challenge plz.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Ythan wrote:Is anyone surprised? How is that even a tunnel. To the rest of the scum out there give us a challenge plz.
Saying "You're going to die" is not a tunnel? What the hell is the world coming to?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Ythan »

It's definitively not what the word means. Get your facts straight for your next game.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Ythan wrote:It's definitively not what the word means. Get your facts straight for your next game.
Then give me your definition.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Ythan »

How about
the
definition.

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... nel_Vision

It redirects.

Saying you're going to die, when you are, is not even remotely the same thing.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by crypto »

I agree; Rich is worse than Beater (narrowly). And this doesn't look like the frustrated townie strain of self-destruction.

Unvote. Vote: RichardGHP.
Rich, you can speed along the process by self-voting, you know. Otherwise, keep your vote on Ythan, because he's crystal-clear town and attacking him in this manner will send other players' impression of you downhill
fast

. . .

(crickets)

. . .

:)
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:44 pm