Open 193 - Friends and Enemies: It's over!

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:01 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Albert, you're either wrong or scum, so turn down the arrogance and give me a day.
I'm old now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:02 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

You have as much time as you will have until Zorblag hammers.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 am

Sure.

So Zorblag can give me one day. It's 2am in Aus and I'm heading to bed.
I'm old now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:10 am

You have far outlived your usefulness my friend.

-successfully derailed PCE/REC day 1
-lynched charlatan
-NK'd Amished
-tried to derail REC day 2
-NK'd Ojanen

Every one of these actions link back to you as scum.

In addition, your constant flip-flops around me, trying to decide how to get on various players good sides, poor distancing job, etc.

You are scum with DDD, aren't you? Don't lie.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:14 am

Well, you'll find out in one day, won't you?

Out of curiosity - how did you link the nK of Amished back to me?
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

SC Smooove wrote: You may be wondering how I plan to win you back in only one night, when there were so many problems between us. As this evening must be the most magical, sensual, and perfect night of your entire life, I will keep the details of it a secret in order to bring your arousal to its highest peak.

As a teaser, I will say that a few things will, without a doubt, occur. First, I will compliment you and express sincere regret over what happened between us. I will extend feelings of tenderness and warmth. Then, we will reminisce about the good times that we once shared. Dinner, which will have been carefully prepared over the course of the previous 24 hours, will be served at around 8. During dinner, as well as afterward, we will drink the finest wine from the best wine-producing regions of Australia. Or, if that wine does not meet your exacting standards, I will provide backup wines from the finest wine-producing regions of Chile, France, California, and Germany. There will also be warm appetizers.

After dinner, I will hit you doggy-style. This doggy-style sexing will last all night long. I remember that this is the way that you like it.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Zorblag »

I don't see much chance that the potential risks from letting SerialClergyman share his latest reads before getting lynched outweigh the potential rewards. If we're right and he's scum then we ignore what he's said. If wrong and he's town then we've got his final thoughts to refer back to if we want.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Sando »

Yeah, cause we haven't been asking for those reads all day... no, not at all...
Serial wrote:You may fire when ready.
Serial wrote:Wait a sec.

Give me one more day and I'll give you my thoughts on everyone.
Huh?
Serial wrote:Albert has just intimately gone through a game where I won as scum in this very setup and I can't believe he would view my game there as anything like this one.
I've never seen you play like this as town...
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:15 pm

You've never seen a game of mine that I lived past D2, IIRC. In fact, you've also never seen a scum game of mine, IIRC. Which is why you using a bad meta case is frustrating.

Commie mafia was when I last felt like this. I was last lynched after being completely wrong in hambargarz. I'veo nly recently been mislynched off bad meta in Vi's game, primarily by VP Baltar town. *glare*

Sando... are you the stupid one shielding the scum....? :P

And I changed my mind, figured I might as well post up thoughts, which I'll try to work on during work.
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

SC wrote:I'veo nly recently been mislynched off bad meta in Vi's game, primarily by VP Baltar town. *glare*
Or you were playing badly.......hmph

Regardless, the case against you here isn't primarily meta based.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Sando »

You recall wrong, in both cases.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Vi »

I'm feeling physically disgusted while reading this discussion. At this point we're just being toyed with.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:28 pm

By whom Vi
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Vi »

Albert B. Rampage 1162 wrote:By whom Vi
SerialClergyman
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

It could have something to do with him being stalling scum.
YOUR AD HERE

Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Sando »

Serial is doing afternoon shift today I believe, which starts about nowish, so I wouldn't expect an imminent post if he's re-reading during work.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I suppose I should get my thoughts down in case I get night killed. This has been a very long and largely frustrating day, but for all of the failures this day isn't going to end with me being a knock-in-and-scum-win mislynch tomorrow and I can take some measure of pride in that.

At least one (and possibly both) of Albert/Zorblag/VPB pretty much has to be scum, I think. Hopefully there's one mason among that group and they can try to piece it out. In particular I don't know why no one wants to think Albert is scum - if I die, please, at least PRETEND to give a bit of thought on the idea, for my sake.

Even though I am still staunchly convinced SC is going to be a mislynch today, I can't help but think that Sando's case isn't scum motivated. I don't know why and my gut isn't exactly the most reliable thing in the universe, but there it is.

I still have no read on DDD, and for whatever reason this doesn't fill me with a sense of impending dread. I guess that's also a gut town read? I'll probably ISO him tomorrow if I'm still around and try to get a bit more definitive.

As for Vi...well, while I can easily see scum-Vi just trying to grab my support by paying lip service to the theory, what the hell, if you're scum it worked. If I'm killed tonight I'm glad to know there will be at least one person in the town who knows where I'm coming from.

I understand why you're all voting SC now. If he flips scum - well, I just a giant ass of myself and it's a good thing that you guys were there to cover for me.

I don't think he's flipping scum, though. And on an SC townflip - hopefully that'll give the town out of the hole that I couldn't myself. That's all I'm really after, whether or not I'm there myself.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:42 am

Post by Vi »

hitogoroshi wrote:I suppose I should get my thoughts down in case I get night killed. This has been a very long and largely frustrating day, but for all of the failures this day isn't going to end with me being a knock-in-and-scum-win mislynch tomorrow and I can take some measure of pride in that.

At least one (and possibly
both) of Albert/Zorblag/VPB
pretty much has to be scum, I think. Hopefully there's one mason among that group and they can try to piece it out. In particular I don't know why no one wants to think Albert is scum - if I die, please, at least PRETEND to give a bit of thought on the idea, for my sake.

Even though I am still staunchly convinced SC is going to be a mislynch today, I can't help but think that Sando's case isn't scum motivated. I don't know why and my gut isn't exactly the most reliable thing in the universe, but there it is.

I still have no read on DDD, and for whatever reason this doesn't fill me with a sense of impending dread. I guess that's also a gut town read? I'll probably ISO him tomorrow if I'm still around and try to get a bit more definitive.

As for Vi...well, while I can easily see scum-Vi just trying to grab my support by paying lip service to the theory, what the hell, if you're scum it worked. If I'm killed tonight I'm glad to know there will be at least one person in the town who knows where I'm coming from.

I understand why you're all voting SC now. If he flips scum - well, I just a giant ass of myself and it's a good thing that you guys were there to cover for me.

I don't think he's flipping scum, though. And on an SC townflip - hopefully that'll give the town out of the hole that I couldn't myself. That's all I'm really after, whether or not I'm there myself.
This post is the difference between hito and SerialClergyman. (Although not because of the bolded grammar fail :P )
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:09 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I love how you catch that grammar problem and not the much more grievous error in that last post (which I have just noticed and subsequently immortalized in GIMP)
Hito's last post wrote:I understand why you're all voting SC now. If he flips scum - well, I just a giant ass of myself and it's a good thing that you guys were there to cover for me.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:33 am

M'okay.

Albert - really, really tough for me to read. I thought suspicious on D2, but Reck being scum and him pushing him pretty hard gave me pause. He's created very few wagons this game, prefering to go off other people's leads. He's done a complete 180 on me today and has been pushing my lynch without a second thought.

Is he scum? Better chance than most, upon reflection. While I think the style is very Albert, he hasn't made his own case, he has barely had a case at all, he hasn't gone through step by step the scumminess of his targets. He's not exactly known as a follower.

And for all his bluster, he's actually done very little. He pushed on hito D1 (PCE), who I think is town. He voted charlatan at L-2 with a wallpost case-that-wasn't-a-case. He got on Reck's bandwagon at L-2, got off it to OMGUS me and do all that sideshow and then got back on it when VP switched. In D3 he's gone after hito and me, both of whom I think are town. For a man that depends on being right to sustain his playstyle, he's either quite off this game or scum.

VP - Ugh, I keep coming back to the Reckoner wagon part 2. I hate that he didn't vote when the wagon was growing and think his excuse pretty lame. I love that he pushed the lynch back onto reck when the Albert and me sideshow was waning. Is being stubborn about this case, but well, not unusual for this case or this game. His flipping town in the other game where he lynched me for bad reasons makes me feel a bit better about this one.

Also - upon reflection I've noticed that Ojanen was actually pretty strongly of the opinion that if Reck was TOWN Vp was scum. I haven't seen him use this defence at all to me invoking Ojanen which does give me a good vibe.

Zorblag - a big pile of meh. I can't think of something he's done that's particularly good. He has a clam and measured tone, but is that enough to excuse constant unsurprising and unforceful reads? His suspects today are most likely both town and he stuck those two together earlier than most. But even then, by the time he named them they had already been named as suspects by many other players.

Is he scum? Ugh. I don't know. I don't think so. Absent yes, uninspired yes, but certainly not pro-actively scum, I don't think he's gone in with a plan. He might be self-defensive scum, just playing safeconstantly, but I don't think he's plannin/manipulating.

Vi - Has spent a lot of the game on sideshows - sando and DDD to name a couple. Is that al ack of commitment to the main wagons? I doubt it's distancing. It could just be a strong read, but then he's forgotten about sando pretty strongly - so much so that he didn't include him in his 'new' list of suspects despite sando being quite obviously a hit/SC person. Getting WIFOM'ed hard about his siding with us, albeit temporarily.

You'd have to ask whether scum are more likely to freak out a little at the hito turnaround and try to get on opposing sides. My guess is probably not, I think Vi is probably town.

Sando, I can't tell if he genuinely thinks what he says he does or not. If he's scum, he's succeeded in winding me up. I was worried that that antagonist would set in, and it well and truly has if he's town. I felt pretty good about him the entire game but just recently when he's done so little to engage with me, he's so vehemently cast aside linked cases which I didn't know he was that strongly against and he's done little to take any sort of verifiable stand, I've been having second thoughts.

Could well be scum, but something about it just suggests to me that he's not. I still think he'd have bussed Reck rather than tried to defend him. And Ojanen, who has hydra'd as scum with him, didn't think he was, so that's not a terrible argument.

DDD I think is town, he's playing to meta and pushed Reck harder than anyone.

hito I think is town, very little reason to do what he did to try to save me. If he's scum playing some weird doublebluff hoping I'd be man enough to take the lynch then he deserves me taking my hat off to him.

Final guess?

Ugh. Don't know the masons, really hard to piece them together. I think there are enough connections between players that once two people are confirmed in the unconfirmed group you guys will have a better chance than me. I'm going to go with Albert and Zorblag. Having said that, I've changed my mind 3 times just writing this post, so take it with a grain of salt.

All the best kids.

Now you may actually hammer.
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

SC, if we could lynch someone besides you today who would it be? Albert?
YOUR AD HERE

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:24 am

Yes, I suppose so.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:26 am

The reason why I sound less than keen is that the town would have to essentially agree to have the masons claim today, if that was the case.

Because without the masons claiming, I think it's too much of a crap shoot, and I don't want to risk putting all my chips in the Albert basket and if I'm wrong be the auto mislynch tomorrow.

Better for the town that I'm lynched and confirmed along wiht hito today, and then tomorrow you guys get a 50/50 shot on scum.
I'm old now.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Zorblag »

OK, now it's time for this day to end.

Unvote

Vote: SerialClergyman