F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:54 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Oh, right. :lol: I'm a tard.

Vote: dybeck
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:22 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

vote dybeck

I miss my Jeepie :(
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:01 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I believe, though I'm not certain, that that's eight of ten votes on dybeck. I'm not going to put mine on until we've at least addressed why it is that I'm suddenly being suggested as a target for a vig kill. I looked back over my posts and can't find anything that looks like it would have been interpreted as "going head to head." Was he more explicit about what he meant by that, Blackberry, because I'd just as soon not go to night and be vig-killed without getting at least some chance to convince you I'm not scum.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:52 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Fuldu, you being a mafia member is consistant with everything else so far. Jeep was killed by a mafia, it was obvious in my last post he thought you were going to kill him.

Dybeck (along with big_K assumingly) are Werewolves. Dybeck claimed Sorceror, if he had claimed the Angel the mafia woulda killed him, so he claimed Sorceror, and didn't get killed because he IS a wolf.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:53 pm

Post by Blackberry »

With all that said, I advise the real Sorceror to check big_k tonite.

I STRONGLY advise the VIG to kill Fuldu.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:55 pm

Post by Blackberry »

I ment for the real SEER to check out big_k tonite.

And lastly, if no one is against it, I'm currently the only claimed/confirmed innocent, so it'd be appreciated if both Angel and Sorceror protected me :wink:
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:43 pm

Post by dybeck »

Thesp wrote:Seriously, do you think discussion like this would be helpful to anyone but the scum right now? Really?

Vote: dybeck.
If I'd been scum... wouldn't I just discuss it in private? I was just making the point that if I'm right, and you kill me tonight, only the bookie will be able to do resurrections. It'd probably be smart to discuss this before going to a lynch - especially if it's going to be me.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:46 pm

Post by dybeck »

As in... discuss a resurrection strategy... not discuss the lynch - that seems to have been decided already... I can see the pitchforks and flaming torches from here :P
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:48 pm

Post by dybeck »

Oh... and sorry for triple post...

But can the mod fix the tags in my last-but-one post?

The vote for me should be part of the QUOTE - not a vote for myself!
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Assasin
Assasin
Goon
Assasin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:28 am

Post by Assasin »

I will be away from today until August 24th. Feel free to replace me if neccessary.
I will eventually kill you all.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:32 am

Post by Fuldu »

Blackberry wrote:Fuldu, you being a mafia member is consistant with everything else so far. Jeep was killed by a mafia, it was obvious in my last post he thought you were going to kill him.
But I am not and I did not. I know jeep thought that I was Mafia, he'd said as much on Day One. But if the vig ends up killing me based on what, in this particular case, is faulty logic and without letting me respond to the accusations simply because jeep's dead and all you can do is repeat them without explaining them, I'm going to be very upset and the town's not going to be happy about it.

jeep's argument that I'm Mafia was basically that I was tied to STD because I was suggesting that I didn't believe the opposing scum would target him if we lynched dybeck.

To which I've already responded:
Fuldu wrote:I'm sorry, jeep, but if you're going to accuse me of being scum over it, I'm going to have to press the argument. Assume STD is Mafia, without loss of generality. Why would the Werewolves kill him tonight when he's currently the prime candidate for lynch tomorrow? If he isn't available as a lynch target tomorrow, then there's an increased likelihood that one of the Werewolves will end up getting lynched. Why wouldn't it be preferable for them to make a night-kill of their choosing and rally for an STD lynch tomorrow rather than to night-kill STD and risk ending up with a Werewolf lynch tomorrow? I would assume, based on the post times and the fact that you completely ignored it, vikingfan's post went up while you were typing yours, but he's making essentially the same point as I am.

And your sudden conclusion that I'm therefore in the same scum family as STD is surprising. The only thing a member of STD's group has to gain by pointing out that it doesn't make sense for opposing scum to kill him and recommending a vig kill instead is to hope that the vig is one of the two deceased, which isn't especially good odds. As town, I genuinely believe that it doesn't make sense for opposing scum to kill STD and don't expect them, therefore, to do so. I think there's a good chance you're right about STD and dybeck, so I think it would be to town's benefit to have the vig go after whichever of them (presumably STD) we don't lynch.
I would point out that my argument is supported by the fact that neither scum team targeted dybeck last night. We think he's likely to be a Werewolf, but the Mafia killed jeep. Clearly jeep's response would be that that's because
I'm
opposing scum, but that's simply not true. I couldn't have killed dybeck last night, even if I'd wanted to.

I recommended that the vig kill STD last night (when we looked likely to lynch dybeck) and then voted for STD when the bandwagon swung that way. These are not anti-town acts. If I get night-killed because of jeep's faulty logic, everyone's going to feel very stupid.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:29 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I agree with the vig-kill Fuldu and bookie bet on it plan.

I'm bothered that Fuldu came out of the gates this morning trying to defend dybeck from lynch:
Fuldu wrote:I have concerns about the specifics of the governor plan. In particular, it assumes that the governor is alive, which with 5 dead not-primary-scum (they could be Judas, Saulus, or Vampire waiting on resurrection) roles is not guaranteed. Also, if dybeck is the Judas or Saulus, I'm not sure we would be able to distinguish the no lynch resulting from that from a governor pardon. And finally, if dybeck is the Sorcerer, we're resigning ourselves to a no lynch today. But given that the alternative is having the governor come out, I'm not sure I feel any better about that.
But now that dybeck is close to lynch, Fuldu implies that he is fully willing to add his vote, and is only holding back to have time to discuss suspicions on himself:
Fuldu wrote:I believe, though I'm not certain, that that's eight of ten votes on dybeck. I'm not going to put mine on until we've at least addressed why it is that I'm suddenly being suggested as a target for a vig kill.
This feels scummy. Scum would first rather save their partner, but if they can't do that, will try to look like part of the crowd who is lynching.

Plus jeep is mostly confirmed innocent and usually has good judgement about such things.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:14 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

ok, I'm going to be moving back to school tomorrow, so I may not have internet access until they get it set up again. Hopefully, I'll get it back sometime early next week, though.
Permanent V/LA.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:25 am

Post by vikingfan »

MOS- you were already replaced.

As for myself, I agree 100% with SpeedyKQ.

And I should note that I'm moving back to college this weekend, so I'll have limited access over the weekend until sometime Monday night.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:38 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Wait, so jeep is saying I'm scum because I'm tied to STD (dead Mafia) and Speedy is saying I'm scum because I'm tied to dybeck (presumed Werewolf). Any other suggestions?

For the record, I was not defending dybeck, I was expressing concerns about the proposed plan for lynching dybeck, due to it relying heavily on a number of factors that were not well thought through. In particular, the thought process seemed to be "if we lynch dybeck and he ends up not being lynched, it means that the Governor pardoned him, so he must be who he says he is." I felt, and still feel, it was important to point out that it could just as easily mean that he is a Judas or Saulus.

But that's an argument that is neither here nor there. What I want to discuss now is the proposed plan for vig-killing me, and I think it's perfectly reasonable of me to withhold my vote until I've had a chance to do so. Blackberry hasn't explained jeep's argument to any new degree and I feel I've responded to the arguments he made himself. They're wrong and the vig would be making a mistake to kill me over them.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:02 pm

Post by Maximumum »

I've read over the first day (you guys are a chatty bunch!).
I agree with the dybeck lynch today because of his survival last night is unlikely if he is the sorcerer. That's enough to make me think that either the werewolves are a really unorganized bunch and didn't realize the player that can work against them was revealed OR that dybeck is one of them and claimed that hoping for a dumb counter-claim that would have given the real sorcerer away.

As for Fuldu. I understood his first post of the day as him showing concern for the "governor's plan". If the governor investigated dbeck he/she will presumably stop the lynch. Fuldu, this is the part of that post I have a question about....
Fuldu wrote: And finally, if dybeck is the Sorcerer, we're resigning ourselves to a no lynch today.
Once the governor stops a lynch we continue with the day, right? Maybe I'm reading the governor's role wrong but I thought we kept going once the governor acts. If dybeck has been investigated as a protector then the governor will stop the lynch, dybeck is confirmed, we keep looking. How are we resigning ourselves to a no lynch?
vote: dybeck

I think that's nine.
Blackberry wrote:I ment for the real SEER to check out big_k tonite.

And lastly, if no one is against it, I'm currently the only claimed/confirmed innocent, so it'd be appreciated if both Angel and Sorceror protected me :wink:
Yes, please! Since my predessor is being mentioned as possible scum I would encourage any investigative player who would like to investigate me to do so.
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:02 pm

Post by Maximumum »

I've read over the first day (you guys are a chatty bunch!).
I agree with the dybeck lynch today because of his survival last night is unlikely if he is the sorcerer. That's enough to make me think that either the werewolves are a really unorganized bunch and didn't realize the player that can work against them was revealed OR that dybeck is one of them and claimed that hoping for a dumb counter-claim that would have given the real sorcerer away.

As for Fuldu. I understood his first post of the day as him showing concern for the "governor's plan". If the governor investigated dbeck he/she will presumably stop the lynch. Fuldu, this is the part of that post I have a question about....
Fuldu wrote: And finally, if dybeck is the Sorcerer, we're resigning ourselves to a no lynch today.
Once the governor stops a lynch we continue with the day, right? Maybe I'm reading the governor's role wrong but I thought we kept going once the governor acts. If dybeck has been investigated as a protector then the governor will stop the lynch, dybeck is confirmed, we keep looking. How are we resigning ourselves to a no lynch?

I think that's nine.
Blackberry wrote:I ment for the real SEER to check out big_k tonite.

Yes, please! Since my predessor is being mentioned as possible scum I would encourage any investigative player who would like to investigate me to do so.
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:25 am

Post by Thoth »

Days ends with no lynch once the governor stops it. So we will not know for sure that the governor acted. It sure is likely though.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:09 am

Post by Astronaut »

SpeedyKQ wrote:
I agree with the vig-kill Fuldu and bookie bet on it plan.
I'm not so sure this is the best idea, it feels like there are many things that could go wrong with a plan like this. And I don't like how SpeedyKQ is so convinced this is a good idea.

Neither do I like lynching the claimed sorceror, but after reading over what's been said the last week I can honestly say that I don't believe him. It does feel like an attempt to get a counter-claim. Sorry, Becks.

[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:32 am

Post by Maximumum »

Thoth wrote:Days ends with no lynch once the governor stops it. So we will not know for sure that the governor acted. It sure is likely though.
Thanks Thoth!
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:02 am

Post by BabyJesus »

is dybeck dead yet?
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:00 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

vote Dybeck
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:58 am

Post by vikingfan »

dybeck is dead- we're currently waiting for the mod.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:16 pm

Post by Thoth »

And there he is :)
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:52 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Vote count:

10 dybeck (SpeedyKQ, BabyJesus, Blackberry, vikingfan, Thoth, Thesp, rolandofthewhite, PookyTheMagicalBear, Maximumum, Astronaut)

not voting (8): Assasin, dybeck, Enigma91, EnterYourNameHere, Fuldu, Pariah, Puzzle, StrykkerVerde

Deathscene coming right up.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”