Open 189~Trouble@Warren State Mental Hosp (Over)

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:43 am

Post by Vi »

havingfitz wrote:
Vi wrote:fitz, I wouldn't recommend making those same moves upon replacing in again
Which moves? The VP vote? Just sorry I didn't do it sooner and save you a few long posts.
The VP vote was a sensible move since nobody expected the Sottish Inquisition.
I was more referring to your impulsive Rosso Carne vote and your (apparently) baseless stances at the beginning of D5.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:41 am

Post by havingfitz »

Vi wrote:
havingfitz wrote:
Vi wrote:fitz, I wouldn't recommend making those same moves upon replacing in again
Which moves? The VP vote? Just sorry I didn't do it sooner and save you a few long posts.
The VP vote was a sensible move since nobody expected the Sottish Inquisition.

I was more referring to your impulsive Rosso Carne vote and your (apparently) baseless stances at the beginning of D5.
Hindsight is nice. I'm not sure if Rosso could have prevented me from voting him with more time. He hadn't done anything. If that's his meta, oiy.

As for all the other baseless stances...looks like I wasn't alone. The fact neither you or VP were scum didn't make it any easier trying to decide which of you were scum :-)

Enjoyed playing with you all.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:44 am

Post by Sotty7 »

This game was pretty stressful for me as I thought our team was screwed on several different occasions. The mod confirmed BC/Fitz slot the multiple cops and a doc. I am really puzzled as to why Rosso didn't protect Xd but thankful at the same time.

I was so paranoid that VP was going to figure me out in that last day even when both him and Fitz thought I was town. It was pretty funny but I voted for Vi because she was on V/LA and was hoping that it would snowball the other votes so I wouldn't have to debate with her. I also didn't want it to look like that I was just waiting to hammer. So I threw my vote out and hoped for the best.

To echo VP's thoughts I have no idea what happened with this game, the player list was really stellar but something just didn't click. Lurking helped our team a lot, it left the early town simply fighting for a consensus which is what helped HR live a lot longer. With an active town he could have been the day one wagon and I would have thrown myself off a cliff.

Fitz, I'm not always scum honestly. Maybe next game we can be BFF's? :D

As for the avatar I changed it from the one I had because I got random voted for it and the player tried to start a convo about the character. The only lame response I had was "I dunno, it's just a character I was in Vi's game" I couldn't think of a good one for ages and just went with a little sister from Bioshock after I completed the game the other day. I could probably find a creepier pic if I tried.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 am

Post by tubby216 »

*****************game over*****************

so scotty sliced VP a new orifice once everyonbe else decided it was a good idea, then turned to Vi, and Having fits who were all but comotose from their meds so scotty decided to slice them them to pieces as well.

scum win

scum team= howard roark and scotty7

I will post thoughts and other as requested

for finishing this game i appreciate everyone for putting up with my ineptitude at modding.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:30 am

Post by tubby216 »

p.s if you were dead you may now post if you replaced out you may now post, if you wish to complain / bitch you may post.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:31 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Thanks to Sotty7 for replacing in and for the win . . . it was all you!!

Having Vi in this game while modding a Newbie game I was playing was stressful. I was attempting to play differently without appearing to play differently. I'm glad that worked well enough that we could at least lynch a couple of townsfolk first.

VP Baltar . . . aaarrrrrrrg! Nice job.

Thanks for modding, tubby216. You kept the replacements coming and managed the game. This is truly a town biased setup, IMHO . . . but now you are on the road to moderating your more interesting theme game ideas.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Howard wrote:VP Baltar . . . aaarrrrrrrg! Nice job.
heh, not nice enough!

I think you did a good job of keeping out of the noose for as long as possible. I think if that guilty hadn't come up on you no one would have listened to me.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:16 am

Post by tubby216 »

*********************mod notes*********************

the set up
c/9 (Open 189) - 2 Mafia Goons, 0-10 Townies - Each town player has a 8/9 chance of being a townie, `0-10 Cops - Each town player has a 1/18 chance of being a cop, 0-10 Doctors - Each town player has a 1/18 chance of being a doctor

so what i did was go to random.org random ized the list of players top two get the scum slots, then for the remaining players i rolled an 18 sided die if they rolled a 1 the were a cop, 2 they were a doc any thing else they were town
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by SlySly »

I apologize for being a bad town replacement here. Intended to be more active. I did read the entire thread, but when the pace continued to be that of a snail, I must admit, my devotion level to this game suffered greatly. I had a game running that was wrapping up and a new game I had joined had just started and was moving at the speed of lightning.

Gratz to scum and thank tubby for finishing the game out. Even slowed and gimped, it is better to have ended this way than in abandon.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:32 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Watching this game limp along from the sidelines was just so frustrating.

Nicely played, Sotty.

Could we get a link to the scum quicktopic? Seeing as Poro really was a cop I'm curious as to what got me nightkilled first.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Porochaz »

Im sorry for my conduct in this game.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

It's fine Poro. I don't blame you for being annoyed.
YOUR AD HERE

tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:12 am

Post by tubby216 »

VP Baltar wrote:

Thanks for modding, tubby. I know this game was probably more of a hassle than you had imagined it was going to be originally. I was super excited about the player list when it started and I don't really know what happened. Getting that many replacements is a real pain. My only complaint on your end was the vote counts needing to be much more often (VC analysis was nigh impossible) and being cryptic about the rules. In an open game, there should be nothing that isn't known except for peoples' alignments. I feel that you were actively interferring with the game by refusing to state your rules clearly. Anyhow, thanks again.

ok here's the deal. I will admit i screwed up by starting the day minus a player but i felt i had to otherwise suffer the loss of more players so that was my bad. However if you guys would have read the role pm clearly listed on page 1 its says "you
MAY
send me a kill choice" meaning no the scum kill is not compulsive. with the game slanted as it was in the town favor i felt it unfair to also come out and confirm fitz. But ifelt the rules were clearly listed.

Personal excuse time,
This game took hella longer than i thought it would. I also got way more involved in family matters to trylu give this game the attention it needed.
I also did not understand the set up or how it could ever come out balanced.

I agian thank each and everyone of you who stuck it out through this game. I also hereby release anyone in the " I owe tubby big time club" and offer this as a reward. You each get one free replacement request each. Meaning at anytime you need a replacement not matter the game set up, no matter the length you all you need to is pm me and say i'm cashing in. And I willl replace into that game.

with that said i am taking a break from mafia ( ie not signing up for any games as a player of mod for awhile) however the replacement deal is still in effect.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Didn't notice a problem with the modding at all, tubby, don't worry.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

It's cool, tubby. You don't owe me anything. I think the players are just as much to blame as anyone else. Many of the folks who passed through this game could have put more effort into it. Sorry that it hurt your game so much.
YOUR AD HERE

tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:24 am

Post by tubby216 »

its ok its like a no fault divorce, i mean there is no real alimony but it still sucks just the same lol
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Sotty7 »

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/Bc9hndsbjdp

^Scum quick topic.

I did want to kill Porochaz night one but HR didn't and for whatever reason I couldn't be bothered to argue and went with the flow. For what it is worth Hito, I regretted killing you, not only because I had to stress about Chaz, but also because it took a lot of life out of the game. I missed your flow charts :(

When Vi pointed out BC/Fitz was confirmed I was really annoyed. I was banking on his lynch that day so I thought I was screwed. I know asking you that question screwed you a little Tubby, but I needed to look like I was actively looking to find out if Fitz was cleared. So sorry for putting you in that position.

....But if you could stop calling me Scotty from this day forth, I will be a happy bunny ;)
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:25 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Yeah, what VP said. I mean, it took you a while to find replacements but I'm sure that wouldn't have been an issue if it wasn't for the fact you had so so many of them. I mean, I was the
third
replacement into this game, and that was day one. And then who left AFTER me? Izzy, Cayke, Tajo, BC...jeepers.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Oh also, night actions? I'm interested in seeing if the Rosso slot ever submitted a doc protect.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

tubby216 wrote:its ok its like a no fault divorce, i mean there is no real alimony but it still sucks just the same lol
lmao. good simile.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh yeah! the flow charts....that's why I nommed hito for the funniest player anyhow. Need to go link that now.
YOUR AD HERE

tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:38 am

Post by tubby216 »

Sotty7 wrote:

....But if you could stop calling me Scotty from this day forth, I will be a happy bunny ;)
sorry sotty i never noticed untill now there was no "C" in you name. i had a dear friend named scotty once so i guess i just i was just seeing it cause thats who i thought of my bad
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:39 am

Post by tubby216 »

Sotty7 wrote:Oh also, night actions? I'm interested in seeing if the Rosso slot ever submitted a doc protect.

ok that will take some work but i can tell you that rosso never sent one in. how ever the people he replaced may have
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Vi »

HowardRoark 930 wrote:This is truly a town biased setup, IMHO . . .
I agree. At worst it's 2-10 mountainous, which is considered balanced (on paper...). At best... well, see previous comments about how scum should not have won this game just based on the setup.

I joined this game precisely because I was indebted to you, tubby. You don't owe me anything, especially after all the (nonetheless still deserved) griping I tried to hold back through the end of the game and am continuing to remain generously polite about now.

I think you made the right decision on clarifying the NK submission issue. I don't think you had to have minimal PM responses like you mentioned in your Role PMs, but whatever works.

I'm tired right now, but someone should tell VP Baltar that hito was already thirded for Funniest Player :P
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vi wrote: I'm tired right now, but someone should tell VP Baltar that hito was already thirded for Funniest Player :P
:o I hadn't been following the scummy thread so this is news to me!

That just made my
week

Return to “Completed Open Games”