Mini 931: Supreme Court Mafia (Game Over post 682)

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Jack »

pwnman wrote:What the hell Jack! You just copied and pasted everyone else's answers?

vote jack
Why do you think this is suspicious?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

Jack -2- Bub Bidderskins, pwnman
Yosarian2 -1- Darox
Bub Bidderskins-1- Fishythefish
Darox -1- Netopalis

Not Voting:
jasonT1981, Yosarian2, pman5595, DarkLightA, Green Crayons, Dry-fit, Jack

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
pwnman
pwnman
Goon
pwnman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:48 am

Post by pwnman »

Jack wrote:
pwnman wrote:What the hell Jack! You just copied and pasted everyone else's answers?

vote jack
Why do you think this is suspicious?
You don't copy and paste people's answers unless you don't want to look scummy
Show
Mafia RULES!!!!
As Mafia- 1-0
As Town- 1-2
As 3rd Party- 0-0
May have LA until March
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Jack »

I don't understand.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:57 am

Post by pman5595 »

Jack's copying and pasting isn't suspicious. It's actually quite clever IMO.

Something else I am going to do this game, just a heads up: I will not be explaining any of my votes. The person needs to figure out what is making them suspicious and provide a defense. If I tell them what is suspicious about them then their defense can be created easier.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Darox »

I guess I need to expand the list of 'people who cannot tell when Darox is being serious or not' again.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Netopalis »

Jack: I missed it because I did the analysis in two batches - I read the first few responses before class and the second set afterwards. If you notice, however, I came to pretty much the same results on both reads, except for the fact that you had made additional posts which pushed you into the scum category.

Pman: Then expect a lot of votes from me. Withholding reasoning is scummy, providing good reasoning is town.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:51 am

Post by pman5595 »

Netopalis wrote:Pman: Then expect a lot of votes from me. Withholding reasoning is scummy, providing good reasoning is town.
every vote that is put on me is like a hug. I cherish them. <3
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:56 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

DarkLightA wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:
Jack wrote:Setup is interesting I think. The CIA agent is the serial killer obviously, but who are the mafia?
I'm sorry, where did it say that there is a serial killer?
Interesting point there, The set up has not been listed as this is not an open.... So how can Jack know the setup is interesting... unless he actually means the theme...

but yea, nothing on a SK either...

very weird post, Jack care to explain?
You're choosing to hold your comment, Jack?
Jack, a response.. please?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

unvote, vote: pwnman

I think that Jack's method of answering the questions fits badly with scum. It's quite clear that copy/pasting is not a good method of avoiding attention in that scenario - unless you are idiotic enough to think it will go unnoticed, which Jack isn't (he admitted to it). I find the conclusion that Jack is scum from this not only wrong, but an unlikely one for a townie to come to.

I vote pwnman rather than Bub because following a bad vote is worse than the original vote.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Netopalis wrote:Alright. The reasons that I asked each of the questions...
You have suggested that you have asked questions like this in other games. Have you put forward analysis like this in those games? Has it ever been helpful in catching scum? If so, can you please link to those examples?

-----

Jack wrote:I was skimming all the other answers and thought to myself "no one is really reading these". So I figured I'd test my theory and check how closely Netopolis was reading them too.
This is not scummy. Failing to answer:
Green Crayons wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:
Jack wrote:Setup is interesting I think. The CIA agent is the serial killer obviously, but who are the mafia?
I'm still curious where you determined the CIA agent is "obviously" the serial killer?
...is.

-----

pman5595 wrote:Something else I am going to do this game, just a heads up: I will not be explaining any of my votes. The person needs to figure out what is making them suspicious and provide a defense. If I tell them what is suspicious about them then their defense can be created easier.
This idea is atrocious.

mod:
I wasn't even thinking. My honeymoon is this Thursday (May 4th). It'll last until next Tuesday (May 9th). I
probably
won't be posting during this time. Please forgive me - and let me stay in your game. Seeing as how things are just starting, I would like to think I won't be missing much and I will be able to return without so much as a hiccup in my activity after that. /grovel
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Green Crayon: This is a relatively new thing that I've been trying, so most of the games are in progress. There's one really good example, though:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12735

It leads to a D1 mislynch, sadly, but I feel that it was that start that helped us lynch correctly on days 2 and 4. It's working significantly better since that first game as I've been refining the questions and watching more closely the results.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Oh, and EBWODP: A honeymoon is far more importan than this game - I'd be OK with it, at any rate.

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Jack »

Green Crayons wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:
I'm still curious where you determined the CIA agent is "obviously" the serial killer?
I'm afraid you guys are on a need to know basis. And right now, you don't need to know.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Uh...yeah, we do.

Unvote, vote: Jack

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Jack »

You only think you do. I'm (apparently) the only one who sees that you don't.

What do you think of pwman? I think his vote and followup are odd.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Jack wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:
I'm afraid you guys are on a need to know basis. And right now, you don't need to know.
With-holding information that could be useful to town... yea happy to do this... DIE SCUM!!!!

vote: Jack
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Netopalis wrote:Green Crayon: This is a relatively new thing that I've been trying, so most of the games are in progress. There's one really good example, though:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12735
I did a quick scan of your assessment relative to who actually was scum and it doesn't do much to persuade me that your Q&A session is a bellwether for scum catching.

All of that said, I guess I could see Darox's responses being akin to scum pulling the "Haha, yeah I'm scum!" gambit (which, I'll note, is different from why you voted him). I don't know. Question/Response is just so forced and artificial, I find it hard to take any suspicions taken away from them with more than a grain of salt.

-----

Jack wrote:I'm afraid you guys are on a need to know basis. And right now, you don't need to know.
Right. So you're hinting that you're a SK-cop (at least that's what I'm getting from this dialogue), but only a sloppy SK-cop would have dropped that fact in the first few pages of the game. So far, you don't seem to be of the sloppy play sort, so that's not adding up for me. Furthermore, the fact that you're being vague and non-committal to just what exactly it is that you're claiming as fact (and so early, at that) further underscores my suspicion. You've already added in another layer of suspicion (that there are two killing groups) and already defamed one claim (the CIA Agent) without actually having committed to those suggestions.

Ultimately, I'm perplexed why you think clouding daytime discussion with cryptic messages (at best) or subtle misdirection (at worse) is going to help the town at all.

-----

I would like pwnman to explain in further detail his Post 52.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Oh, you should take it with a few pounds of salt. The end result is the same: it gets people talking. The bonus is, in my opinion, that it avoids the capriciousness of the normal newbie lynch on D1. I wish I could link you to ongoing games - like I said, the ones that I'm in right now are faring much better with it.

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

At this point Jack is so anti-town that he is unlikely to be scum. No scum in his right mind would openly deny information that could be helpful to the town.

However, until you are willing to explain more as to why you copy and pasted votes and what makes you think there's a CIA-serial killer, then my vote will remain on you.

As far as the effectiveness of questions, while I agree that it may not that great at out-right scum hunting, that's not really the point. The point is that it gets people actually talking. And when the town starts talking, good things happen.

Oh, and happy honeymoon Green Crayons :D .
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Jack »

Where did I copy and paste votes?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

pman5595 wrote:Jack's copying and pasting isn't suspicious. It's actually quite clever IMO.

Something else I am going to do this game, just a heads up: I will not be explaining any of my votes. The person needs to figure out what is making them suspicious and provide a defense. If I tell them what is suspicious about them then their defense can be created easier.
Um

That's a terrible idea. It makes it harder to read you, which is bad if you're town, and makes it harder for you to read anyone else, since most people will just ignore your votes or else ask "why" and then ignore your votes when you refuse to answer, and it'll mean that even if yu do figure out who the scum are no one else will pay attention to you.

On a side note, I'm goign to get pman and pwnman confused all game, I see it now.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by pman5595 »

due to the negative response, I'll pass on that idea. It was just something I was curious to try, to see how well it worked. Whatever. I'll reread and give an FoS/Vote either today or tomorrow.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Yosarian2 wrote:On a side note, I'm goign to get pman and pwnman confused all game, I see it now.
I have come to this conclusion myself. I have already done it at least twice already.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by pman5595 »

Green Crayons wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:On a side note, I'm goign to get pman and pwnman confused all game, I see it now.
I have come to this conclusion myself. I have already done it at least twice already.
you could call pwnman penguin. or just pwn.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”