rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by rewq455 »

iLord wrote: Even if he didn't read the game, I'd assume that CSL read enough of the first post to know that he had night actions he could use last night.
I agree
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by SlySly »

iLord wrote:I see what your point is there SlySly, but CSL being scum is the simplest and most likely explanation for why he got rezzed
I don't disagree with you on this but I also agree that some the alternate theories put forth as to why CSL got rezzed are possible.
iLord wrote: and why he suddenly reveals he got another insanity.
I don't see how revealing this is a scum tell at all. This is the main thing that makes me think we are back in ani-land all over again. I don't see how revealing a bloodless, launder, especially after the ani debacle over the same topic would be pro-town or pro-scum. Convince me that this is a pro-scum and you have my vote.
iLord wrote: Even if he didn't read the game, I'd assume that CSL read enough of the first post to know that he had night actions he could use last night.
Being an idiot and 'forgetting night actions' is not a scum tell. It is a VI tell.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

CSL wrote:I spent the whole Night Phase reading the thread to catch up.
Why would you read the thread when Elli said repeatedly in all caps that he was killing you?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by rewq455 »

So you know about why you were responded to as you were because of the bloodless launder.

Also though, we all got pm's telling us the night actions available as well as the deadline for night actions. Try again.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by iLord »

SlySly wrote:I don't see how revealing this is a scum tell at all. This is the main thing that makes me think we are back in ani-land all over again. I don't see how revealing a bloodless, launder, especially after the ani debacle over the same topic would be pro-town or pro-scum. Convince me that this is a pro-scum and you have my vote.
Ani admitted that he was lying about auto-laundering. I'm getting the same sense here that CSL's lying as well.

CSL has just confirmed that he has read at least a good portion of the game. I do not believe that any player scum or town would forget at that point to turn in a night action. It's simply not a natural response after investing such time into the game. Just as in Ani's case, CSL is likely lying to cover up something else, in this case, probably the ritual.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by iLord »

rewq wrote:Also though, we all got pm's telling us the night actions available as well as the deadline for night actions. Try again.
That's actually another good point - I had entirely forgotten about that.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Drench will wait.

unvote, vote: CSL
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by SlySly »

iLord wrote: Ani admitted that he was lying about auto-laundering. I'm getting the same sense here that CSL's lying as well.
For the record, ani didn't claim auto-launder. He tried to pass off a manual launder. That is irrelevant now, though.
iLord wrote: CSL has just confirmed that he has read at least a good portion of the game. I do not believe that any player scum or town would forget at that point to turn in a night action. It's simply not a natural response after investing such time into the game. Just as in Ani's case, CSL is likely lying to cover up something else, in this case, probably the ritual.
^ this ^ + v this v
= I'm convinced.

unvote

vote:CSL
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

bus began from DGB ftr.

I still want to hear from the non-posters before this day phase ends. I think tonight's graverobbers should be Ellibereth and DGB.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Plum »

I have been so busy it's not funny and am not looking forward to finding time to read 50-odd pages. Over Night I got through a few, ran out of time, so I have a few notes but that's it. And I believe a requested Action claim falls on me - I had a Res Kit that my predecessor got and figured best bet was to use it, so I did a quick skim and saw a handy list of who was in danger and not. Adel is a player I respect and who I thought would be considered valuable, so I sent in a Res for him (and then got informed that he was replaced by Hayker but I had no time to look into it or come up with something which would really be better). My meager notes are as follows:

Hokay, busy time, so I'm compiling a list of what I'm seeing on reread and thanks for going into Night everybody.

Ooooh, Adel plays the sheeple card. Classy. Honestly I can wrap my mind around the setup barely - that is, enough to mostly get it but not enough to say anything more intelligent about strategy than "Oooga bah probably claiming most things most of the time is good because some people said it worked last time" and certainly not enough to parse strategizers in search of scumtells. So this section goes at a brisk skim.

Ani, are you stupid? Wait, don't answer that one. Um, you chose Launder = you were stupid enough to pick up a free Insanity as Town or you were stupid enough to be a Cultist who gained an Insaity and tried to explain it away by saying you chose to Launder. Doesn't make you personally stupid. We all have our moments. Still, this move doesn't exactly fill me with lots of bubbly confidence.

Reactions to Ani: EK's is good, Nico's is mediocre (but then again he's flipped scum now, so there you have it - at least one scumbag reacted to Ani's declaration with ambivalence), Seacore's is a bit better with the follow-up vote, and Starts, and Sly's is akin to Nico's while focusing on the Dram play. That's scumpoints for Sly. iLord okay.

That's it for then, all. I'll see if I can scrape together some time tonight for later stuff but it looks less than hopeful. If you could tell me the major events/revelations of yesterday so I have some reference points without having to plow through 50 pages to get into it and then I'll focus on parsing new stuff as it comes and we all become a big vat of happy sauce, okay?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:09 pm

One of these 3 players is CULT with Nicodemus:

animorpherv1, Ellibereth, Chaco

Reason: late on the wagon.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by Percy »

Vote Count

CSL - 6 (DrippingGoofball, vikingfan, rewq455, VP Baltar, Phate, SlySly)

Drench - 2 (elvis_knits, CSL)
startransmission - 1 (Ellibereth)
Ellibereth - 1 (dramonic)

Not Voting
- 11 (animorpherv1, Chaco, Drench, evilsnail, Hayker, iLord, Magua, Plum, semioldguy, startransmission, Wickedestjr)

Deadline for today's lynch is 11:00pm (site time) on Saturday the 21st of March. You can view a countdown to the deadline
here

iLord wrote:
Percy, if a Cultist accrues 3 Insanity Infractions, will he lose his ability to participate in the ritual that night? Additionally, would you consider purposely going for a modkill in this game blacklistable (Like going for a modkill in any other games?)
Yes to both questions. Note also that a modkill may end the
Day
at my discretion; for example, forcing a player to receive a modkill due to Insanity Infractions will end the day as though a
Lynch
had occured.

Prods going out to Chaco, Plum, semioldguy and Wickedestjr.

With 21 alive, 11 votes are required to Lynch.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Unvote, Vote CSL

Insanity Infraction
FLASH OF GREEN
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:28 am

Post by iLord »

Percy wrote:Yes to both questions. Note also that a modkill may end the Day at my discretion; for example, forcing a player to receive a modkill due to Insanity Infractions will end the day as though a Lynch had occured.

Okay, then, it looks like we get 2 nights.

What do you guys think about everyone grave robbing Iec and taking an insanity tonight, then everyone getting 3 infractions tomorrow and the day after? Cultists can't ritual, Murderer's can't stalk, but town can still lynch.

Alternatively, people we're positive are town (Like Phate), can be excluded from this.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Who said we're positive as a group that Phate is town?

I need to think about the insanity plan.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:41 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Plum apparently rezzed Adel/Hayker.

We still don't know who rezzed Phate.

unvote; vote CSL

Although, I don't think we should end the day yet. There are still people we need to hear from, as well as think about strategy.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:51 am

Post by elvis_knits »

My list of the most suspicious suspects:
CSL(obv)
Drench
DGB
Dramonic
Chaco
Elli

There other people in my neutral category, and some of them are probably scum too, but I won't name them at this time. The above are the people I definitely do NOT trust.

Animorpherv is meh. Whatever he is, I think it will take care of itself. I'm not saying I
want
him to get himself modkilled via insanity infractions -- but I think that it will probably happen accidentally (he is halfway there already). So I'm not wasting time on him.
Talk nerdy to me.

evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:52 am

Post by evilsnail »

iLord wrote:How is rezzing cultCSL totally worth it?
Rezzing town-CSL is exchanging a dead townie for a dead townie, at best (NK for mislynch), and a dead townie for an alive one, in the worst case scenario. Rezzing scum-CSL is exchanging a dead scum for a dead scum, in the worst case scenario, and exchanging a dead scum for a live one, in the best case scenario.

I'll be voting CSL once we've heard from those who haven't checked in. Still an outside chance some really stupid townie rezzed CSL.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:09 am

Post by vikingfan »

iLord wrote:
Percy wrote:Yes to both questions. Note also that a modkill may end the Day at my discretion; for example, forcing a player to receive a modkill due to Insanity Infractions will end the day as though a Lynch had occured.

Okay, then, it looks like we get 2 nights.

What do you guys think about everyone grave robbing Iec and taking an insanity tonight, then everyone getting 3 infractions tomorrow and the day after? Cultists can't ritual, Murderer's can't stalk, but town can still lynch.

Alternatively, people we're positive are town (Like Phate), can be excluded from this.
From the OP: If this occurs for a second time, or gains 8 Insanity Infractions over the course of the game, they will be modkilled.

This might work, but it will only work ONCE and Percy already said it was blacklistable (and people like Ani can't do it).

And who said Phate was cleared? He's likely not cult but could still be one of our stalker-murderers.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:52 am

Post by semioldguy »

Sorry, I was V/LA and though I had informed my other games, I must have forgotten to inform Percy.

I did not resuscitate any of Phate, Hayker or CSL.

I heard noise last night. People started noise claims at the beginning of the day, but it seems to have stopped. I think people should be claiming noises still.

If CSL was protected by scum, then it makes the most sense that CSL is scum. There is no benefit for scum otherwise. rewq455 and evilsnail have both said as much already. This seems very likely.

Vote: CSL

CSL flipping scum would make me think that everyone murdered was town. Any of those three dead players would have been better choices to save than CSL if they were cult.

I am suspicious of Phate's claim as well, mostly due to no one coming forward. A successful resuscitation would not be the only explanation for a missing cult kill. If the cult attempted to kill one of the murders, the murder would have happened first thus hiding the cult's target. The only hole in this line of thought in regards to Phate would be that a murdered ritual target keeps the cultists from being bloody.

I am suspicious of dramonic. He was on most of the wagons yesterday after they started to build, initially on Iecerint over Nicodemus until it appeared Nicodemus would be sure to get more support. He also focuses a lot on murderers.

This seems to actually be a problem with several people in the game. Focusing primarily on murderers is suspicious. I'll have to re-read to check who exactly is guilty of this. We shouldn't focus on just finding murderers, there are cult scum to find.

Also, checking for twitchy is not fool proof. The other voting insanities could be used to make it appear as the twitchy insanity when used properly. Close tabs should be kept on everyone with insanities and confirmable insanities should not allow a player to be dismissed at all. They could still be cult who can't even take psychopathy but still be needing insanities.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Prod recieved. Sorry for not posting recently. Also still catching up. Could somebody give me a summary of the reasons for voting CSL?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:02 am

Post by semioldguy »

@Ellibereth
Why didn't you vote CSL at the beginning of the day, or as your first vote, if you intended to kill him but were unsuccessful?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:13 am

*lightbulb*

We can lynch Phate tomorrow!

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:18 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Why do you want to lynch phate?
Talk nerdy to me.

iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:19 am

Post by iLord »

semi wrote:From the OP: If this occurs for a second time, or gains 8 Insanity Infractions over the course of the game, they will be modkilled.

This might work, but it will only work ONCE and Percy already said it was blacklistable (and people like Ani can't do it).
Hmm, didn't see that. Regardless, I see no sense in not using what we have. Elli needs to max out Insanity infractions at the very least, to dissuade him from going murderer/stop him from stalking.

Also in that case, I don't think we need to lynch CSL anymore - we just get him to max out his II's and he'll be useless to the Cultists tonight if he is one. Rather, we should lynch someone who doesn't have an insanity to max out today.

Assuming wicked didn't res anyone, the people left are startransmission and Chaco. Waiting for them.

Who else is scummy and has an insanity?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”