Mini 219: Tom Cruise Mafia -- It's a Wrap!

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:34 pm

Post by MeMe »

Current Count
:

Johnny, Combo Player
(2):
inHimshallibe, Dragon Phoenix

inHimshallibe
(2):
Astronaut, Talitha

WindSlicer
(2):
halfpint, Phoebus

Astronaut
(1):
Seol

Not voting (3):
Fuldu, Johnny Combo Player, WindSlicer

Six = lynch.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:58 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Thank you for being so productive! :roll:
Die.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:02 am

Post by Phoebus »

Grr.
That was aimed at Windslicer. *sigh*
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:25 am

Post by Talitha »

I'm sticking my vote with inHim who has nothing to say now that the attention is turned away from him.
WindSlicer
WindSlicer
Goon
WindSlicer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:29 am

Post by WindSlicer »

Phoebus wrote:Thank you for being so productive! :roll:
Exactly.

When I have something to share with the community, I will share it. If you want to prod me to talk, that's what you'll get.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:53 am

Post by Phoebus »

Why are you playing, again?
If you don't have anything, make it happen?

In some ways you are though -
confirm vote: WS
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:03 pm

Post by halfpint »

Aaagh! This is so
frustrating
! Conversation seems to have come to a complete halt.
Talitha wrote:I'm sticking my vote with inHim who has nothing to say now that the attention is turned away from him.
I agree. I don't like the way that Windslicer has decided to participate in this game, but I really find this
really
suspsicious. Thus, I'll
unvote; vote: inHim
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:41 am

Post by Phoebus »

inHim seems slightly flaky in this way in most of his games.
I'd rather let him stay around for a while and go after someone who's committed to being noncommittal.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:12 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Slightly flaky, yes, but especially since this is my first week in college. I WILL post tonight. I'd swear on it, but I don't like to swear.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:19 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Day one, and we have three attractive lynch candidates. I have seen worse starts.... I'll change target as apparently the Johnny wagon refuses to gather steam (something to remember later though).

Unvote Johnny the combo player with the long name
Vote inHimshallibe
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:06 pm

Post by halfpint »

Okay, inHim, I'll give you a chance to post something.
unvote
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:11 pm

Post by Talitha »

Phoebus wrote:I'd rather let him stay around for a while and go after someone who's committed to being noncommittal.
Yeah - I'm about ready to be swayed from my that newbies never deserve to be lynched on day 1. (It's a hangover thing from
my
1st game.. I'm still traumatized.. :P). If I have a peeve that's even bigger than lynching newbies on Day 1, it's people that don't vote.

I'll stay on inHim for now, seeing as I'm waiting for his contribution (and he has the biggest bandwagon). Could easily change though. *Eyes up non-voters*
Johnny, Combo Player
Johnny, Combo Player
Townie
Johnny, Combo Player
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:51 pm

Post by Johnny, Combo Player »

Am I the newbie that you speek of? If so, then I have just won NOTHING! Oh well. Let's see... who to vote. I don't want to vote InHim, as he seems to be on the verge of being lynched. I'll just
Vote:Astronaut
for now. Very likely to change.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:00 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

There's not much for me to work with - basically my bandwagon stems from sticking with my random vote, a bad newbie experience/my "tone", and for the most reasonable one (from DP) - I'm now the biggest bandwagon. My voters have stayed with the vote because Astronaut hasn't posted since Wednesday, my lack of contribution after the flames died down, and then again with DP's perfectly sensible vote. What has happened is the typical Day One, no? (no sarcasm intended at all in that paragraph)

Astronaut - I think you blew my comment in [25] out of proportion. Why can't a random vote be just as good as a vote placed later on? I mean, I saw no other reason to vote someone, so I stuck with JCP.
Talitha - There are quite a few players without prying eyes on them, and they're not talking. You singled me out after I singled
you
out. I guess all's fair in love and war... but that kind of sounds OMGUS-ish.
DP - I don't blame you. But, let's go back to voting Johnny, shall we?

Because, this weird play between Talitha and Johnny continues. Johnny voted to be voting (hence the "who to vote"), and I suspect it's directly in response to Talitha's comment on dislike for non-voters. I have no reason to unvote or move my vote.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:51 pm

Post by Talitha »

inHim wrote:Talitha - There are quite a few players without prying eyes on them, and they're not talking. You singled me out after I singled you out. I guess all's fair in love and war... but that kind of sounds OMGUS-ish.
I voted for you before you even mentioned my name in this game, so it looks as though you are trying to re-write history here.

And if Johnny voted as a result of my comment then it had it's desired effect.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:40 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Not what I meant by that, and I think you know it. Your initial vote/post was not of the singling out variety. Normally, to single out is to present a case that shoves the votee under scrutiny - "it's more the tone of your posts" doesn't quite do that. It was not until after I mentioned how peculiar your play was that you launched a campaign.

And WindSlicer, the problem most have with your play is that we don't really know if you are being active in this game or not. It'd be too easy for scum to pull off what you're doing if we let that slide.
Show

:

Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:32 am

Post by Fuldu »

I find Johnny's most recent post to raise flags that neither inHim nor WindSlicer have, so I'll
vote: Johnny, Combo Player
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:27 am

Post by Seol »

As far as I can see it we've had four main targets thusfar: Astro, inHim, Johnny and Windslicer.

Astro looked, to me, like he was making a case out of very little against inHim earlier today, and has since kinda disappeared - but everyone seems to have sunk into a bit of a lull, so I'm not going to get all pot-kettle, especially as there isn't that much to the case against him. Worth revisiting later, perhaps... but right now, there are bigger fish to fry.

I don't really see the case against inHim, to be honest. He's pretty much making sense to me at the moment, and the attacks look like making mountains out of molehills.

Johnny is coming across like a nervous, reactionary newbie (a bad sign in itself), and there definitely appears to be a Talitha/Johnny relationship worth watching. There are at least three separate occasions where Talitha appears to be coaching Johnny, and Johnny picks up on it and follows her. There's also the hesitancy about being on the inHim bandwagon - because "he seems to be on the verge of being lynched"...

Windslicer's also coming across newbish, but being more of an awkward customer. He's frustrating to deal with, definitely... but which is scummier, the brash I'll-talk-when-I'm-ready of Windslicer or the obliging do-whatever-you-say of Johnny?

I'd say that Johnny takes it, and the aversion to being on a lynching bandwagon and Tally's apparent coaching tells are just icing on the cake.

unvote, vote: Johnny, Combo Player

IGMEOY: Windslicer
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:35 am

Post by Astronaut »

inHimshallibe wrote:Astronaut - I think you blew my comment in [25] out of proportion.
I know I did, but it's day 1 and it was the best I had to go with.

Although I've never experienced the traumas Talitha's been through, I am willing to cut newbies a bit of slack day 1. However, if any of them start digging the hole beneath themselves any bigger (i.e. keep up the scummy posting), I will consider switching my vote to one of them.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that not posting pretty much equals posting scummy things. I know my own participation lately has been worthy of critique, things will improve.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
WindSlicer
WindSlicer
Goon
WindSlicer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:38 am

Post by WindSlicer »

inHimshallibe wrote: And WindSlicer, the problem most have with your play is that we don't really know if you are being active in this game or not. It'd be too easy for scum to pull off what you're doing if we let that slide.
Yeah, I think you all are totally misinterpreting what I'm saying, which is probably my fault in explaining. I am committed to being active in this game, and read it every day. I'm just still learning how to pull stuff apart, so I don't want to start doing it and then mess up or something and be lynched because of it.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:59 pm

Post by Talitha »

inHim wrote:It was not until after I mentioned how peculiar your play was that you launched a campaign.
What utter rubbish! I made my vote and I've stuck with it. You're still trying to misrepresent the way things actually happened. Squirm scum, squirm!

And at first I was amused at the idea that there's something sinister going on with my interaction with Johnny in the thread. Now it's getting ridiculous. Are you people (inHim, Seol) seriously suggesting I would be coaching a newbie scum buddy on how to play in full view of everyone?
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:05 am

Post by Astronaut »

I didn't see Seol's post #93 before I made #94, but that one really deserves some attention.

First, he throws accusations all over the place, next he defends inHim and then the Talitha/Johnny plot. Finally he votes one of the newbies and IGMEOY's the other. This behaviour is the opposite of what I've seen from Seol in my previous games with him.
If there's a post in this thread that has triggered my sensors, it's this one.

unvote: in Him, vote: Seol
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:52 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I'm pondering over Seol's attested "change in style" - I don't know if I've played in a game with him besides this one, so I'm not sure.
Show

:

halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:18 pm

Post by halfpint »

After hearing from inHim, I really just don't get a scummy sense from him. For now, I'm content to leave my vote off of him.
Astronaut wrote:First, he throws accusations all over the place, next he defends inHim and then the Talitha/Johnny plot. Finally he votes one of the newbies and IGMEOY's the other. This behaviour is the opposite of what I've seen from Seol in my previous games with him.
What have you normally seen from Seol from previous games you've played with him?
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:08 am

Post by Seol »

Astronaut wrote:I didn't see Seol's post #93 before I made #94, but that one really deserves some attention.

First, he throws accusations all over the place, next he defends inHim and then the Talitha/Johnny plot. Finally he votes one of the newbies and IGMEOY's the other. This behaviour is the opposite of what I've seen from Seol in my previous games with him.
If there's a post in this thread that has triggered my sensors, it's this one.

unvote: in Him, vote: Seol
Um, that's a technique I've used before when I don't know where to look next, which I call "taking a step back and having a good look at everybody worth looking at". What exactly seemed at odds with my usual behaviour?
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”