hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:31 pm

Post by hewitt »

Gayle wrote:You don't say anything about his behavior in this game, or how he hasn't done anything to change your mind. Rather you say that Lowell should be lynched because of his behavior in past games.

And your last post isn't any better. It is still advocating a policy lynch based on meta. You are still saying that your main reason for wanting to lynch Lowell is because of his behavior in past games.
It's not advocating a policy lynch based on meta, I believe he's the weakest player in this game and I know from past experiences that he doesn't change after D1. So after the showing he's made this game, cracking under pressure, I know that he's going to continue being a weak player. And again, based on this game, he's not somebody I'd want to travel far in the game unless he is in fact a cop.

Vote Count-Sho
Lowell-kunkstar7, kyle99, danakillsu
danakillsu-Lowell, wdjat
Kunkstar-Gayle
Wdjat-Tatetothetot
Kyle99-Max, danakillsu, Gheb
Max-the1fifi
Hewitt-Gayle
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Gheb
Gheb
Goon
Gheb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:33 am

Post by Gheb »

hewitt wrote:
Gayle wrote:You don't say anything about his behavior in this game, or how he hasn't done anything to change your mind. Rather you say that Lowell should be lynched because of his behavior in past games.

And your last post isn't any better. It is still advocating a policy lynch based on meta. You are still saying that your main reason for wanting to lynch Lowell is because of his behavior in past games.
It's not advocating a policy lynch based on meta, I believe he's the weakest player in this game and I know from past experiences that he doesn't change after D1. So after the showing he's made this game, cracking under pressure, I know that he's going to continue being a weak player. And again, based on this game, he's not somebody I'd want to travel far in the game unless he is in fact a cop.
FoS Hewitt

This logic is exactly what made me extremely suspicious of Kyle and has me consider him a good lynch candidate. Pushing a lynch on player X because he's "weak" is a very easyploy for scum to play. It's doesn't require you to actually take a stance and you can sweep it under the rug in case of a mislynch. Win/Win to play from a scum POV
Wdjat
Wdjat
Goon
Wdjat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Wdjat »

danakillsu wrote:I don't believe lowell's claim and I don't think they can both be scum.
So I totally missed this the first time you mentioned it. How does it follow that Lowell and I can't both be scum?
mecha shiva! mecha shiva!
Wdjat
Wdjat
Goon
Wdjat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Wdjat »

hewitt wrote:I clearly didn't write off you three, I just didn't find anything substantial in any of your guys' posts and mainly just saw attitude. That doesn't mean I won't be able to find anything substantial in the future, we'll just have to see I suppose.
Okay, then please explain your goals when you said "At this point I can't take anything he says all that seriously..." about me, "All I can see that he's been doing is fluff fluff fluff." about Max and "Likes to profess that he's playing better than everybody else without actually contributing anything helpful himself." about Gayle. Because I don't know what else you were trying to do.
hewitt wrote:Your case doesn't convince me danakillsu is most likely town it was her reaction to your pressure.
I mean, I guess that's just an awkward wording choice on your part then. Because that's what your sentence said. But more importantly:
hewitt wrote:I think she responded to a crappy case very appropriately and calmly, as I would expect a town player to.
hewitt wrote:danakillsu- The player who I feel like is most likely to be town and has reacted extremely well under pressure.
Here it comes. Are you sitting down?
ELABORATE!
You said the same thing twice dude, I get what your opinion of his response is. Why is it that way?
hewitt wrote:My past game history with Lowell doesn't affect my read on him this game but I do like to generally lynch weaker players earlier in the game. If there isn't a good lead on scum on D1 then I pursue a weak player lynch until a better option arises.
This is dumb, other people have pointed out why it's dumb. I agree with them.
hewitt wrote:
Wdjat wrote:@hewitt What the eff is EMPKing?
An awful Mafia player.
Did you look at the join dates in this thread? Did you think many of us were going to get this or the ABR reference?
Wdjat
Wdjat
Goon
Wdjat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Wdjat »

Max wrote:Can I say that kyle is still scum so even though he's being replaced we can lynch him now still.
You can and I'll agree with you, but I don't think many other people will. Sorry, bro. I would like to see one thing, though.

Mod:
Can we get an extension to allow kyle99's replacement at least a few days to reread and and post?
Wdjat
Wdjat
Goon
Wdjat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Wdjat »

hewitt wrote:
It's not advocating a policy lynch based on meta
, I believe he's the weakest player in this game and
I know from past experiences
that he doesn't change after D1.
Yeah, no.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Max »

hewitt... trust me on this. wdjat is not like Empking, wdjat
is
trying.

Serious time. Where's the lynch on kyle gone it still needs to happen.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:48 am

Post by danakillsu »

Lowell and wdjat can't both be scum because of an obvious buddying move here:
unvote, vote danakillsu. Change of plans, I think some pressure is due here.

The quotes wjat brings up are good, particularly the strange reaction to pressure. I'm also not thrilled with the wjat wagon. It seems like just a lot of people congratulating themselves on their votes. At least wjat looks like he's trying.
Lowell would have to be the worst mafia player in the world to post something like this about his scumbuddy.
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:45 am

Post by The1fifi »

@ Dana : WIFOM...
Matteh says :
Also, the wiki is only a REFERENCE point. Don't live by what it says
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Max »

Or maybe he was trying to stop people lynching him?
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:41 am

Post by danakillsu »

@ Dana : WIFOM...
Not at ALL. There's just no way someone would draw that much attention to his connection with someone else if they were both scum. I just couldn't imagine someone doing that.
Gheb
Gheb
Goon
Gheb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Gheb »

@Dana

All those "ifs" you use in these hypothetical situations are what makes it WIFOM. It's not necessarily a bad thing. In this case at least it isn't imo.
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:47 am

Post by The1fifi »

No it isn't. i just said it was wifom and meant nothing to me because all of the "ifs"
Matteh says :
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:53 am

Post by danakillsu »

All those "ifs" you use in these hypothetical situations are what makes it WIFOM.
What? WIFOM is when you present a situation that could just as easily be the opposite of the way you take it as the way you take it.
Gheb
Gheb
Goon
Gheb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Gheb »

And by using the word "if" you introduce exactly such a situation.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:16 am

Post by danakillsu »

no, I do not. When I use if, I introduce a situation which I find likely, but not confirmed.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Lowell »

No, dana is right. At least one of us isn't scum.
Sho Minamimoto
Sho Minamimoto
Goon
Sho Minamimoto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Sho Minamimoto »

Still looking for replacement.
This is my latest masterpiece. I call it: "Myself!"

One mafia win and one mafia loss... CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:37 am

Post by The1fifi »

[/b]@Mod : Can you improve the votecounts? It looks ridiculous and useless [/b]
Matteh says :
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:35 am

Post by Max »

I think we need some prodding when I disappear for 2 days and there are about 10 posts by 4/5 players (I haven't counted.)
Gheb
Gheb
Goon
Gheb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:05 am

Post by Gheb »

Deadline's today but my vote's OK where it is. Also down for lynching inactives if there's no replacement.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:22 am

Post by JacobSavage »

@All:
I am likely to be a
lot more active
in the coming days.
@Wdjat
Which player looks scummiest to you? Why?
I am very suspisous of Dana, attempting to use a piece of information form a cop to perhaps clear a scum-buddy. I could be an innocent mistake from a town, but something tells me that it isn't. I don't know what the something is, so not a lot of help.
Fos Danakillsu
What do you think about this post?
Could be a townie trying to stop himself being lynched, or making a case against Kyle. And he does make a point, in that Kyle is making a lot of case's for and against, and sometimes lynching someone with strong opinions, make a lot of sense for the town as his thoughts if he is Mafia or if he is town can help us, by using his opinions and who joins the wagon, to help the scum-hunt
What about this post?
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:38 am Post subject: 176
Wdjat wrote:
I'll get back to this in a bit.
Okay, it's been a bit.

Wdjat's Top 5 People I Would Like to See Die

5)Lowell: Reacts horribly under pressure. Hasn't done a whole lot. He'd rank higher, but I understand he has a history of lurking.

4) tatetothetot: I don't like the way he buddied up to Max or the way he avoided directly talking about The 1iffi. The latter read like he was a lot more interested in defending himself than in talking about other players.

3) kyle99: Going after an easy target in Lowell. Not keen on his Max vote either. Hasn't done anything of note other than that.

2) The 1iffi: I really don't like the way he's responded to my requests for elaboration. I'm sure this read is colored by personal bias, but I don't like the way he's stating opinions on folks and outright refusing to back them up. Also his back and forth with Gayle over no lynching was really scummy on his part.

1) danakillsu: Bad under pressure both from me and from kunkstar7. This post. OMGUS followed by vigorous defense that it wasn't rather than proving why it was valid. No scumhunting besides a weak case on me and HoSing Gheb for calling him out on that OMGUS.
It is commendable that list your own suspicions and who you want to die. I gives us some very valuable information about yourself and your alliance depending on how your suspects flip. In terms of the best approach for advancing the game, a Dana lynch would be the most preferable, with her being your highest suspect, depending on her flipping and coupled with my own suspicions of her, would make the information from the lynch very valuable to us.
Wdjat wrote:What do you think about Lowell's claim?
Although I think he is acting very scum like, it is not worth lynching a cop on day 1, and especially since the set-up of the game doesn't allow counter-claiming, we can only accept his word and
if we discover that he is not all that he seems, the we lynch.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:34 am

Post by The1fifi »

I supose we could ask lowel for his an investigation result and work from there.
Matteh says :
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:47 am

Post by danakillsu »

@lowell
sure, go ahead and investigate me tonight.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:47 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

What made you think that Lowell had an investigation? There was no night start, therefore there was no investigation to get results from. As JacoSavage pointed out, its impossible to confirm roles in this game. So while I don't think Lowell should be lynched today, his activity tomorrow should be monitored and lynch/left alone accordingly.

It doesn't look like a replacement for Kyle99 is coming. He's been scummy so far, and it fits with what I'm seen from him before, so
unvote;Vote:Kyle99
and lets save the mod some trouble.
Welcome to the Network.

Return to “Completed Open Games”