Monty Python Quest for the holy grail, GAME OVER!!!

Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:57 am

Post by Saigon »

Couldn't Bane just be french/head with Thoth, and therefor decide to defend him?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:21 am

Post by mathcam »

Sure, and that would be sweet, 'cause that'll make our next decision really easy.

I highly doubt there's another Arthur hiding somewhere but if there is, I would encourage them to come out. At this point, I'm perfectly happy trading off townies for evil one for one, especially since there's a chance Arthur wouldn't die overnight. And if he's telling the truth, he's almost certainly not evil, unlike some other roles that have been claimed.

I don't like the idea of a bunch of roles coming out as much as you, Fishbulb, but I think we've stopped the bleeing on this one, at least for the time being. My vote is to see how the Thoth lynch goes today and then decide between Orbiting and his other choices and or anyone else tomorrow.

Cam
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:24 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Now I don't know
what
to do.

-DS
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:48 am

Post by Orbiting »

This has really got me worried. What if this is just a ruse to get us all riled up? It seems like a good way to out a bunch of roles at the same time, and Orbiting is safe for one, two, or maybe even three lynches. The real King Arthur might be keeping his mouth shut since he'd die tonight if he challenged Orbiting. Maybe that's a little far-fetched, but something isn't ringing right with this Orbiting bit.
Why would I rush to put more heads on the block before my own? Nobody was clamoring to lynch me. And nobody else has come out to challenge my role, which is certainly in the game. Sorry, hun, I'm the genuine article.
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:58 am

Post by Saigon »

I really wanted to believe Thoth, since that meant that I was probably right about my suspicions, but if the knights who say "Ni!" aren't evil, what's the point of a role that protects people from them. Add to that the fact that Roger the Shrubber is in no way a more believable role than Concorde. I have to say that we should lynch Thoth and see what happens. If he's telling the truth, we're quite sure about 3 scum God, Loose Cannon and Fishbulb. If he's scum then we've lynched one scum and are quite sure that Bane is scum aswell.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:12 am

Post by mathcam »

If he's scum then we've lynched one scum and are quite sure that Bane is scum aswell.
Whoa there! Say what now? We've only been dealing with the hypothetical "Bane supports Thoth even though he turned out to be evil" case.

FOS: Saigon
for being a little trigger-happy on tomorrow's lynch
already

Cam
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:56 am

Post by Saigon »

If he's scum then we've lynched one scum and are quite sure that Bane is scum aswell.
If Bane supports Thoth's claim that is, Damn you Mathcam. I just concluded that Bane will most likely support Thoth's claim, because I can't see why Thoth bothered to say it (if he's scum or innocent) if he didn't think he would.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:10 pm

Post by Thoth »

If Bane supports my claim then of course we could be both French or heads. But then there is an option who to lynch. Either Bane/me or Fishbulb/LC/God. When wrong we still get at least 2 scum. As some of these 3 were already under suspicion and the frontpage really suggests that there's more than 1 Knight who says Ni I think taking the unholy trio first is a good option.

Saigon's suggestion about Bane makes me put him directly behind the trio at the moment.

And of course King Arthur cannot be insane. He's a brave knight riding around on his wooden horse making click-clack sounds :P .

Aargh why do I say such things, just can't help myself it seems.
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:14 pm

Post by Saigon »

Believe me Thoth, if you turn out innocent then I'll be the first one to call for the lynching of God/Loose Cannon/Fishbulb. It just seems we can learn the most from lynching you.

If people disagree with me I have no problem with lynching God, Loose Cannon or Fishbulb first, but does that mean that I shouldn't voice my opinion?
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:17 pm

Post by Macros »

5 Thoth (God, Dragon Slayer, Saigon, Darkblade, Mathcam)
3 God (Bane221, Orbiting, Massive)
1 Loose Cannon (Night Stalker)
Oh the huge manatee!!
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:22 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

Saigon wrote:I have no problem with lynching God, Loose Cannon or Fishbulb first...
I do! Like I said before, I am leaning towards Loose Cannon being scum, but now, a vote for him is essentially a vote for me. I don't like this setup, and I think something is going on here that we aren't aware of (maybe some Knights of Ni are responsible?). I guess we have to make progress or we'll never get anywhere, but I don't know the best course of action which will give us the most answers, yet.

[quote="Thoth]And of course King Arthur cannot be insane. He's a brave knight riding around on his wooden horse making click-clack sounds.[/quote]
You're talking about his coconuts... :P
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:24 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

Bah! Lousy missing quotation marks...
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:25 pm

Post by Saigon »

Well, if you're innocent, Fishbulb, then the obvious course of action is to lynch Thoth. Because if you're innocent, he's most likely scum.

I get the feeling you're scum and you think he'll turn out innocent, which would mean you would get lynched tommorow. :D
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:30 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

Well, that is a distinct possibility. If he turns out innocent, I'm doomed unless we can come up with some real answers here. If he is scum, then I'm fine, but I really do believe Thoth, and I certainly believe myself.

But, in the interest of self-preservation, I am all ready to lynch him in hopes that he is scum. I think we are waiting for bane, though, right?
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:30 pm

Post by Saigon »

Arghh, I don't know what to think anymore. Sudenly everyone looks extremely scummy, maybe we should lynch one of the FishBulb/God/Loose Cannon trio.

I really need some input from the rest of you. That means the rest of you escept the aforementioned trio and Thoth and Bane (if Bane confirms Thoth's caim that is)
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:35 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

I am beginning to think the Knights of Ni are responsible for some of the confusion here. Maybe some misdirected investigations, or something similar.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:36 pm

Post by mathcam »

Just to make sure: Orbiting, you
are
getting very clear good/evil results, right? Not some fuzzy story which you're interpreting one way or another? I hate it when cops leave off little details like that.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:39 pm

Post by mathcam »

I still remain convinced that going after Thoth is right. Even if you did believe his role claim, we get the most information from killing him and we don't have to bandwagon any more roles out into the open.

Cam
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:51 pm

Post by Saigon »

The problem is that I don't know what to believe anymore. We got too much information in a very short period of time. One of my biggest problems is that Roger the Shrubber and Concorde both seem like unlikely roles to me, but now it seems like one of them has to be in the game... oh well.

Another problem is that the reason why I'm voting Thoth is that I believe we can get more information for lynching him than anyone else, but at the same time I find Loose Cannon and Fishbulb very suspicious. Basically my brain tells me to vote Thoth but my gut tells me to vote FishBulb or whoever.

The ironic part is that this was supposed to help us, but it's only made things even more confusing than they were before.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:53 pm

Post by mathcam »

Yes, that was yet another thing I meant to point out about Thoth.

It's "Roger the Shrubber", not "Roger the Shrubbist." If that's not enough icing on the cake for you people...

Cam
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:58 pm

Post by Saigon »

Genious Mathcam!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sudenly I love you :D That's a pretty big mistake to make :D

Even though we can't be sure it wasn't just an honest mistake, I think everyone can agree (except Thoth ofcourse) that lynching Thoth is the way to go now.
bane221
bane221
Goon
bane221
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:04 pm

Post by bane221 »

I can't support or deny Thoth's claim, I received no message regarding that action or anything of the sort. Last night I did not act. I will double check but I am quite certain last night was the night I did not act.

(This game has gone from Sloth speed to Plaid)
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:06 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

mathcam wrote:Just to make sure: Orbiting, you
are
getting very clear good/evil results, right? Not some fuzzy story which you're interpreting one way or another? I hate it when cops leave off little details like that.

Cam
Actually...
Orbiting wrote:I'm not sure what a "reverse cop" is, but I had considered the fact that Arthur might be a fairly single-minded cop, which is to say that he might consider that whoever is not with him (i.e. not a Knight) to be against him.
Unfortunately, I think that the only way to get anymore information at this point is to lynch someone I've investigated.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:08 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

bane221 wrote:(This game has gone from Sloth speed to Plaid)
[OT] Nice movie reference, but wrong game. :P [/OT]

[More OT]Ooh, that just game me an idea for a great Theme game![/More OT]
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:45 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Confirm vote Thoth.
Didn't even get the name of the role right...

-DS

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”