kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

I don't think Percy will talk about the insanity-switching. Otherwise it could potentially modconfirm my slot as town. The reason I think that Percy allowed the switch was because apparently there was precedent, and also because it doesn't clear my slot from suspicion. I would understand if it were more than one day after, Drench would have had multiple other insanities picked up and would be an advanced murderer. But with it being the most recent insanity I guess it was acceptable.
vikingfan wrote:There has to be a point where Percy would say, "Nope, this is the hand you've been dealt."
The only thing here is that this sentence seems to suggest that I asked for the insanity switch. When I replaced into the game, it was an offer from Percy, not me asking for it. When I received the offer I viewed it as chance to possibly help the town out, by converting over a would-be murderer and helping clear up some inconsistencies from yesterday. If Percy had not offered I would have played exactly as the role dictated.

No, I did not rob Sajin's grave last night. It was kind of useless asking me that seeing as in one of my previous posts I have already claimed my night action.
Welcome to the Network.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by vikingfan »

WHAT? There's NO way I can see Percy making the offer...just don't see it.

SlySly, did Percy make the offer to you? I just can't see it...we've had a lot of replacements already in this game and I can't see Percy making the offer to every replacement. Just doesn't jibe.

Semi, i see it more as a clue to know where to look. I'm not expecting scum to announce it, I just want to keep it in mind.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Plum »

Okay I really desperately need to catch up on this game, even at the expense of my homework. I'll try to read through at least Day 2 and what we have of Day 3 to get a feel for stuff as best I can in the quickest way possible. Oh, and someone gifted me with a cute little fetish last Night. Hence I'm very twitchy.

So. As far as I can tell, scum tried to kill Phate, it failed, then they killed him again and he's definitely Town, and probably a fair source of analysis, too. Elli posted another list which might indicate Nico's buddies, but her bet was one scumbag in the six of them (though all six are still alive, curiously enough). Phate's case highlighted a chainsaw defense - and finally, a case where I feel it's a decent scumtell because someone actually manages to apply it to a dead-and-flipped scumbag. Actually, it was a case of Nico defending Sly defending Dram.

CSL suddenly agreeing to Phate's flawed case against Sly - that Nico tried to put him on Elli's Town list - first without voting, then voting when called out on that - reeks. And oh yeah, he's dead. And probably Cult.

Um, okay, WTH, I was searching Drench in the Nico iso to check something EK said and here is something possibly important I missed - apparently there were some attempts at breaking the game, and Drench declared himself opposed. Okay hold on stand back
Vote: Drench
. This should go to show my Insanity for y'all. This looks like it might be a bussing case of 'Oh crud, my buddy did something ridiculously scummy better hop on right quick'.

Dram tries to insinuate that scum would have rezzed CSL if he weren't Cult for rather weak reasons. It's one mislynch for a doubtful use of equipment and waste of a Night action, especially unlikely after a first-Day Cult lynch; his explanation seems convoluted and straining. Given very-likely-Cult CSL, we have Dram and CSL defending him, and we have confirmed scum Nico defending-ish SlySly. And especially the way Dram uses his reasoning to push an Elli-wagon over CSL wagon . . . ergh. I believe I've seen scum-Dram bus his partners and this rings similar.

Rewq's obsession with Ani - who as far as I have gathered might be trying for Murderer but isn't scum - rings useless. It's not even a search for Murderers who may be slipping under the radar, it's a hunt on someone who we're already keeping tabs on. Point is, it's not cult-hunting and it's not even Murderer-hunting. I guess he's unconnected to the whole Nico/SlySly/Drench/CSL/Dramonic party, but it's not heartening either, if you get my drift, especially the slimy-sounding agreement to find someone else he thinks is scummy, as if he's upset he can't get away with harping on Ani any longer (or at least for now). And then he goes right back to voting him again anyway. *Headdesk*.

Oh, and the party gets even more tangled when SlySly attacks Drench - and DGB and VF. Sly, why did you completely ignore CSL, huh? And when he said he Laundered, Sly questioned but didn't immediately vote - and Drench was voted by CSL I dunno why, and then launches into what I'd call a full-on chainsaw defense. The question is would scum-Sly actually do that and not bus his partner hard right then? Not sure, but he's at the top of my TO DIE list, followed closely by Dram and Drench, who are approximately equally scummy. Drench attacked someone for hardcore lurking at the beginning of the Day after admitting he did that himself, and did that hard Day 2 so far in this reread, so I guess I'd put him at #2 scumbag.

DGB wants to lynch Phate??? Why the heck? No wait, this looks like actual brain banana peel, as it were. Doubt scum would forget their Ritual target and the fact that he claimed such; DGB is probably Town.

Drench has been spotted elsewhere around the site? Makes me almost want to get him today, forget about Sly.

Maybe Start
was
scum bussing his buddy; delicious.

Okay now I'm confused. Whether Kunk's claims would indicate that he's Town or Murderer I'll figure out later, but could this be a claim from Cultist? If not my mindset over here is kinda screwed up, that's all. In any case, If Kunk-Murderer went Stalk-Murder-Stalk that's three Insanities, which would cover the two apparently claimed plus Psychopathy, yeah? No, I don't know, claiming someone who tried to go for Murderer and recognized the sins of his predecessor would be a very risky gambit for Cult and for Murderer. It's possible that Kunk's playing with me, but this means that other avenues are more fruitful. Those being Sly and Dram. Oh, and Ani wasn't Bloody and couldn't have Laundered. So basically not Cult there. EK continues to debate this - can someone throw something at me I might have missed? Unless we have a dead non-Cult killer who also happened to stalk-and-kill Hayker either Ani is lying about having stalked Adel/Hayker (please tell me I'm right in saying that that's beyond unlikely?) or Drench/Kunk really did try to Murder Hayker Night 2. Unless I'm missing something, this at least rules out Cult-Kunk.

And Sly's lurker-hunting is pathetic. At least the Evil wagon has some interaction with Nico to back it up or summat. It's Day 3 and we have multiple Murderers and not a few Cultists on the loose. There's ample room to scumhunt. Unless you're scum, I guess.

In conclusion, we should all be lynching Sly today. If you literally can't stomach that, take some aspirin, vote Dram in the meantime, and call me in the morning because I have some AP Bio essays to write.

Insanity Infraction
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by Magua »

rewq455 wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:I saw Magua on earlier today.

He's lurking.
Magua seems to tend to post walls... he may be building his next one
Indeed. Also, a little miffed over being prodded when I posted yesterday. And then even more miffed to have Animorph call that lurking. That being said, though:

Animorph gaining an insanity for having no night action seems wrong to me, but it's mod confirmed, so I'll deal.

The robbing grave point is to cut down on murderers murdering -- the cult can still ritual even if only 1/3 of its members get actions, and the cult can spread the graves around. It is theoretically possible to lock the cult down if we choose all the grave robbers to be cultists, but then we have 3-5 attempted murders tonight. Not a good trade.

The goal should be to lynch the cult during the day, and keep the murderers from murdering at night. This is part of the reasoning why I'm more open to keeping claimed murderers (who may or may not still be town) alive. The only trick is confirming that they're not cult.

Want to take a moment to respond to elvis_knit's #1495:
elvis_knits wrote:This is what is now making me wonder about Magua... because Magua was Amished who voted Evilsnail for voting Nico. And Magua was the one who brought up that this change-your-choice-of-insanity thing is possible because it happened in SA1. AND Magua was cult in SA1. I think he was the last alive. So he knows his shit.

So... yesterday I really liked a lot about of what Magua was saying. I thought he was like superTownTM. But this new Drench-AMished-Nico connection has me a little scared that Magua could totally be pulling the strings in a bid to save kunkstar.
I do know my shit. Allow me to respond by pointing out my suspicion of drench-as-scum throughout d2, or my kunkstar-should-rob-grave nomination at the beginning of d3. I didn't bring up the change of insanity, I just pointed out it happened before. I'm still undecided on kunkstar's murderer-status, and I still want her to rob graves. This is, I should note, the exact same tack I'm taking with Ellibereth.

Side note: I've already railed against why taking Taboo: Launder is a big red flag that says "I'm a murderer," and why town should not take this thing. Ever. Town does not want to give out excuses for being bloody.

But begin the wall:

VP Baltar: Good thinking, good posts, odd vote on kunkstar, which a number of people called him on, but backs it up well. Town.

elvis_knits: Paranoid, perhaps, but I treat paranoia as a towntell. Lean town.

rewq: Post #1461 rubs me the wrong way. Seems fluffy and wishy-washy -- adds nothing new to the conversation. Post #1456 makes no sense in a game where scum can daytalk...but then, that would indicate that its a towntell. Overall, I tend towards aggressive town.

DrippingGoofball: Continues to post incredibly little content, and to bandwagon on whomever previous vote repeatedly, almost excessively. iLord mentions in #1485 that this is standard for DGB; VP disagrees in #1488. I am leaning towards scum.

Hayker: I dislike lurkers on general principle, as I cannot read them. I vastly prefer replacement to lynch, however. I did not consider Adel's play to be scummy.

evilsnail: My predecessor voted evilsnail (elvis_knits notes in #1486), and I left the vote there because I liked it. I didn't leave it for his attack on Nico, but for the reasons I outlined in my first post. In fact, I still like it, on an iso read. evilsnail has had, by my estimation, one good post (iso post #11), and then a number of useless posts. The d1 posts, iso #7-9 in particular, seem incredibly fence-sitting. I remain leaning towards scum.

dramonic: Still scum.

SlySly: Started off so well, but the content has been dropping as the days have been going on. I disagree on his Adel read, and thus disagree on his lynch-Hayker stance, but his overall positions have been consistent. Read neutral.

vikingfan: I don't read vikingfan as cult, based almost entirely off of his reactions to Ellibereth's plan. His post that the Sajin graverob is one of our strongest leads is wrong and pointless, though. Read neutral.

semioldguy: I'm glad he's finally posting. Tunneling on evilsnail is a bit off-putting; I'm used to more comprehensive reads from semioldguy, and would greatly desire one. Read neutral-to-scum.

Preview edit: I see Plum's post, and I understand the words, and the jist (SlySly is scum), but not the actual argument. Will read tomorrow.

TL; DR:

Town: Animorph, elvis_knits, iLord, rewq, VP Baltar
Graverobbing-likely-scum: Ellibereth, dramonic, Kunkstar7
Other Scum: DrippingGoofball, evilsnail, semioldguy
No Good Read: Chaco, Hayker, Plum, SlySly, vikingfan, Wickedest
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:24 am

Post by elvis_knits »

If we force people to rob 2 graves and they're a murderer, they are prevented from other actions... but if they're cult that can just split up the graves so they are only robbing one grave and their cult buddy robs one grave and they can still do their evil-actions. It will look like they robbed the graves they were supposed to, and couldn't have done an action. But if the person is cult they can get around this.

Has anybody brought this up yet?

Is there a way we are accounting for this?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:36 am

Post by SlySly »

vikingfan wrote: SlySly, did Percy make the offer to you?
Yes
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:39 am

Post by SlySly »

Plum wrote: In conclusion, we should all be lynching Sly today. If you literally can't stomach that, take some aspirin, vote Dram in the meantime, and call me in the morning because I have some AP Bio essays to write.
Plum wrote:
Vote: Drench
I guess you are not a believer in "practice what you preach".
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:01 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Still here and still working on that analysis.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:03 am

Post by semioldguy »

elvis_knits wrote:If we force people to rob 2 graves and they're a murderer, they are prevented from other actions... but if they're cult that can just split up the graves so they are only robbing one grave and their cult buddy robs one grave and they can still do their evil-actions. It will look like they robbed the graves they were supposed to, and couldn't have done an action. But if the person is cult they can get around this.

Read the post directly before yours.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:59 am

Post by dramonic »

semioldguy wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:If we force people to rob 2 graves and they're a murderer, they are prevented from other actions... but if they're cult that can just split up the graves so they are only robbing one grave and their cult buddy robs one grave and they can still do their evil-actions. It will look like they robbed the graves they were supposed to, and couldn't have done an action. But if the person is cult they can get around this.

Read the post directly before yours.
The post asking 3 people to rob 6 graves with no possibility of cross-rob? The one that heavily favours the cult?

Yeah, that one.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

evilsnail
- Nicodemus claimed to have suspected viking, sog, and evilsnail all for the same reason yet he only quotes examples from viking and sog. Also, evilsnail's vote for Nicodemus looked like bussing.
Scum

Hayker/Adel
- Nicodemus brought up several potential slips that Adel had made. It doesn't look like bussing to me and I also was thinking Adel's most recent behavior before he replaced out looked pretty townie.
Town

iLord
- He is most likely town. He brought up a good case against Nicodemus and was one of the biggest forces that resulted in his lynch.
Town

Overall, I have gotten very strong town reads from iLord, animorph, and Hayker/Adel. I strongly doubt any of those three are scum.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:05 am

Post by evilsnail »

Wickedestjr wrote:
evilsnail
- Nicodemus claimed to have suspected viking, sog, and evilsnail all for the same reason yet he only quotes examples from viking and sog. Also, evilsnail's vote for Nicodemus looked like bussing.
Scum
You realise no one else was voting Nico at the time, right?

@semioldguy, I guess if you don't believe me on the Nico thing (not like anyone seems to), then that could look like I was justifying parroting. I don't see how me saying that agreeing with a bad plan isn't necessarily scummy can really be said to be the same thing, unless you don't share this opinion. Don't you think townies can agree with people and be wrong about it?

Also, your vote on me was basically your first real one. You joined the Nico and CSL wagon with no real reasoning of your own and you didn't make any cases before that. Do you think that behaviour qualifies as parroting?

I like Magua's list, except for where he put me. Some harsh words about my content too that I don't agree with. I don't think my posts are all that different from any townie with my activity level. But I guess site meta on activity has changed since I last played.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Evilsnail is probably town guys. He was the first to vote Nico based on the slip, and people attacked him over it.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Ellibereth »

elvis_knits wrote:Evilsnail is probably town guys. He was the first to vote Nico based on the slip, and people attacked him over it.
Ok elvis.
Unvote
(Do I need a *twitch for these?)
Who should I vote for?
FLASH OF GREEN
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:19 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I feel like dramonic and SoG have not been that helpful/active as they should be considering they already played this game before.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Okay I am going to work on the dreaded table again now. If anything has something they want in the table, please tell me now. I will be previewing so I'll see it.
Talk nerdy to me.

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:33 am

Post by Ellibereth »

elvis_knits wrote:I feel like dramonic and SoG have not been that helpful/active as they should be considering they already played this game before.
Okee dokee!
Vote: Dram
FLASH OF GREEN
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:35 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Elli, what did you do with yourself last night?
Talk nerdy to me.

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Ellibereth »

elvis_knits wrote:Elli, what did you do with yourself last night?
I got a forensics kitten.
FLASH OF GREEN
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

AWWWW! Cute, a kitten!
Talk nerdy to me.

iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:40 am

Post by iLord »

@Elli: Why not a rez kit?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Ellibereth »

iLord wrote:@Elli: Why not a rez kit?
Cops > Docs
FLASH OF GREEN
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:46 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Did anybody except me and DGB claim to have recieved fetishes?
Talk nerdy to me.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:54 am

Post by dramonic »

elvis_knits wrote:I feel like dramonic and SoG have not been that helpful/active as they should be considering they already played this game before.
Deflection: I feel like while my contribution isn't that great, at least it's not inherently pro-scum like magua's last few interventions.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:59 am

Post by vikingfan »

elvis_knits wrote:Did anybody except me and DGB claim to have recieved fetishes?
Plum did too.

Dramonic, point to Magua's 'scummy interventions please'.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”