Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:17 pm

Post by Cadmium »

This time, it is dybeck who has the majority of votes. Everyone seemed to agree that he should be lynched, even PeaceBringer, who is not even in this game (yet?).

dybeck -
Werewolf
- lynched

It is night 3, deadline:
Thursday the 25th - 1000 MST
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:17 am

Post by Cadmium »

SapphireVerde is replacing Pariah, PeaceBringer is replacing EnterYourNameHere & NanookTheWolf is replacing StrykkerVerde as of now.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:28 am

Post by Cadmium »

Who might be the unlucky persons this time? Once again, three don't see the daylight.

SpeedyKQ - ? - shot
PookyTheMagicalBear -
Mafia
- ripped to pieces
Fuldu -
Werewolf
- beaten up

It is now day 3, with 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:25 am

Post by Astronaut »

And they've started killing eachother...excellent! :)

If I'm not mistaken, this leaves us with one mafia and one werewolf with the possibility of a vampire resurrection making it two werewolves. Also, there's Saulus, but he won't be doing any killing.

My initial thought is that it could be a good idea for the archangel/sorcerer not to resurrect anyone, since that'd make it impossible for the vampire to come back 'unnoticed'. Also, attempting a resurrection means risking their own lives, so in my opinion, archangel/sorceror should be use their protection ability from now on. Any thoughts on this?
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:17 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Cadmium wrote:
Who might be the unlucky persons this time? Once again, three don't see the daylight.

SpeedyKQ - ? - shot
PookyTheMagicalBear -
Mafia
- ripped to pieces
Fuldu -
Werewolf
- beaten up

It is now day 3, with 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.
:lol:

I've got to do some reading before I really can get all analytical and such .. lmao .. but really let me play catch up and I should be able to get something in by the weekend.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:20 am

Post by BabyJesus »

vote maximumum
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:26 am

Post by vikingfan »

Astronaut wrote:And they've started killing eachother...excellent! :)

If I'm not mistaken, this leaves us with one mafia and one werewolf with the possibility of a vampire resurrection making it two werewolves. Also, there's Saulus, but he won't be doing any killing.

My initial thought is that it could be a good idea for the archangel/sorcerer not to resurrect anyone, since that'd make it impossible for the vampire to come back 'unnoticed'. Also, attempting a resurrection means risking their own lives, so in my opinion, archangel/sorceror should be use their protection ability from now on. Any thoughts on this?
Couple things on this. First, the Vampire could still be alive- but if he is, then that's OK so long as he isn't nightkilled- the OP is very specific that he wins with the civilians if he isn't nightkilled or resurrects himself too late.

We do need to keep an eye for the Saulus-it's possible that we can kill all of the mafia and werewolves but get into trouble if he is all we have left. But hopefully he's already dead.

I hesitate on the resurrecting anyone- after all, the ONLY people we have to fear are the Saulus and Vampire. That's pretty low odds and we might be able to get a good player back- if, for example, the Seer's dead already and we resurrect him, then that helps us a ton in finding some of the remaining scum. On the other hand, if we eliminate the resurrection policy, it helps us out a good deal in that regard- but it also gives us a limited number of lynches and nights. Any thoughts on this?

And unless Speedy was our vig, it's clear our vig is still alive. What I'm wondering about is our bookie- the plan was that he bet on Fuldu's death. Fuldu's dead but we have no resurrection. That leads me to one of three conclusions- A) bookie didn't follow the plan, B) bookie is dead, or C) bookie made an investigation.

Any thoughts?
Enigma91
Enigma91
Goon
Enigma91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:57 am

Post by Enigma91 »

Viking I think you may have the role confused. As far as I understand it if the bookie bet on fuldu then he should gain the ability tonight. Or do I have it wrong?
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:47 am

Post by vikingfan »

OK, I went back and looked at the OP and you're right- he would gain the ability tonight (assuming he's still alive). As such, that lets us try to do something very important- decide whether he should do a resurrection or investigate somebody. (this decision, of course, is null and void if he's dead) Any thoughts on which route we should take?
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:01 am

Post by Thoth »

I think the obvious route is to resurrect Jeep. He's town for sure, so no risk of resurrecting Saulus or so and his insights might be worth more than an investigation.
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:17 am

Post by SapphireVerde »

Hey guys,

Checking in. I'll just read over the thread.
Fluffy Wuffy!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:46 am

Post by Thesp »

Thoth wrote:I think the obvious route is to resurrect Jeep. He's town for sure, so no risk of resurrecting Saulus or so and his insights might be worth more than an investigation.
I really like this idea.

I'm also all for us directing the vig/bookie each night like last night, if and as long as both remain alive, we can be getting innocents back (like jeep) or getting investigations.

Time to re-read to see some Day 1 voting patterns.

Also, I'm curious as to BabyJesus's vote.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:27 am

Post by vikingfan »

The only problem that I see with resurrecting Jeep is that the scum obviously know he's innocent too so he'll be an immediate target for death. It's true that the Archangel and Sorcerer could both protect him, but it's kind of high odds that both are still alive with the number of dead people we have.

That being said, I do agree with the move- it just seems like we might be doing all the work of resurrecting jeep, only to have him for a day before being nightkilled. I think we might be better off going the resurrection route- for an investigation to work, the bookie will have to announce his findings. This is OK, except for the fact that there's a good chance he'll find an innocent- I believe he would only find the mafia, werewolf, or Saulus (from reading the OP, it sounds like the vampire is considered innocent until he's resurrected). That's 3 out of 14, and it can be lower if the Saulus is already dead. Not good odds. Obviously, if he does find a scum, then the tradeoff of a bookie for a scum is a fair trade (assuming the bookie is killed the next night). But given the odds of finding a scum, resurrection seems the better route- except for the fact that the Vampire (if dead) could also use this route to come back.

Decisions, decisions...
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:32 am

Post by Thesp »

vikingfan wrote:The only problem that I see with resurrecting Jeep is that the scum obviously know he's innocent too so he'll be an immediate target for death. It's true that the Archangel and Sorcerer could both protect him, but it's kind of high odds that both are still alive with the number of dead people we have.
Did I miss something, or is adding confirmed townies to the mix a bad thing? Especially if the scum have to toy with whether or not he'll b protected, or whether or not they think they should go after someone else with a role, and so forth?
With how things have been going, if we have a lynch and three nightkills a night, one successful resurrection puts us on the last day (should we need them all) with three people instead of two. That's good too.

My guess at this point is between Maximumum, Sapphire Verde, and Enigma91, in reverse scumalicious order. I have no problems opening with
Vote: Enigma91
for reasons mentioned by BabyJesus mentioned here. Since StD did turn out to be scum...
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:37 am

Post by vikingfan »

Thesp wrote:
vikingfan wrote:The only problem that I see with resurrecting Jeep is that the scum obviously know he's innocent too so he'll be an immediate target for death. It's true that the Archangel and Sorcerer could both protect him, but it's kind of high odds that both are still alive with the number of dead people we have.
Did I miss something, or is adding confirmed townies to the mix a bad thing? Especially if the scum have to toy with whether or not he'll b protected, or whether or not they think they should go after someone else with a role, and so forth?
Not at all, I'm entirely in favor of bringing Jeep back- I just think it's likely he'll be killed pretty quickly once he is. True, there are protection issues- but I would expect the reward to be higher than the risk for the scum.

As for who looks scummy, I need to go back and reread the thread knowing what we know now.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:05 pm

Post by Blackberry »

OMG! YAY!!! WE GOT TWO MORE DOWN ... AND BEST OF ALL, IM STILL ALIVE!!!! (lol)

I wish jeep were alive, he seemed to be a mastermind at this stuff. My only job was to pass on his information when he died. :(
Enigma91
Enigma91
Goon
Enigma91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:56 pm

Post by Enigma91 »

Sorry you feel that way thesp but I thought that Lucky had the better case at that point, I did swith my vote over later though.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:59 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Way to take a mafia down with you guys on your way going down.

*grumbles about stupid werewolves*

*shakes fist at Fuldu*

Uh Sorc/Arc, can I get a resurrection plz? I pwomise to be uh, extra cuddly this time! :)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:02 am

Post by Puzzle »

About the resurrection of Jeep : it can not harm in any way. It would confirm the presence of the bookie, give a mandatory target for the scum and :
- if both sides attack him, it's only one kill instead of two.
- if not, there is a bigger chance for the relevant protector to save him.

I also agree that with our advance, we should not resurrect anyone except Masons, to be sure not to end up with a vampire in the ranks.

And if the bookie is still alive, we may have more nice options for tomorrow.

Oops, almost forgot : :lol: .
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:37 am

Post by BabyJesus »

huh, I thought I had replied.

Anyway, on the bookie action - I think an investigation is better then reviving jeep.

Investigation - Worst case - a confirmed townie, Best case - We nail another scum.
Revive Jeep - Best case - confirmed townie in jeep.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:12 am

Post by Astronaut »

BabyJesus wrote:huh, I thought I had replied.

Anyway, on the bookie action - I think an investigation is better then reviving jeep.

Investigation - Worst case - a confirmed townie, Best case - We nail another scum.
Revive Jeep - Best case - confirmed townie in jeep.

Ehm...jeep is confirmed mason. And I think it could be a good choice to revive him, for all the reasons mentioned by Puzzle. And we don't risk resurrecting the vampire.

Would you mind revealing if you find any peculiar voting patterns, Thesp? I don't have the time to go through them myself.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:58 am

Post by Blackberry »

I'm busy right now, kinda in a hurry, but I promise to attempt to post something useful tonite.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:08 am

Post by Maximumum »

Reviving the confirmed town player, especially a player like jeep, would be very beneficial. I'm all in favour of this plan. His insights were very valuable yesterday.
I agree with Astronaut & Puzzle that the archangel/sorcerer should stick with their protection mode because of the Vampire aspect. At this point we know there is just one of each side left, there is no need to make an opprotunity to increase that.
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:25 am

Post by Thoth »

Another reason for the archangel/sorceror to keep protecting is that it keeps the scum guessing whether they're still alive. A revival attempt gives that away.
Enigma91
Enigma91
Goon
Enigma91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:06 am

Post by Enigma91 »

I'm going to be away for a week starting tomorrow, not sure if I'll have access

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”