semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by semioldguy »

I think you're right.

Assuming we know you were honest about hearing noise and that cult wouldn't want a second fetish of you it is a good assumption (to you they would be much more likely town than to the rest of us).

Process of elimination tells me I was fetished. (no investigating should have happened night 1, I heard no noise previously, no one's first noise should ever be a res, no one claimed to ward me, and if someone stalked me they would have likely followed through). If not dead tomorrow, last night's action was likely from town.

The same logic would go for both of you.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by iLord »

So, should anyone who did so claim?
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by vikingfan »

I dunno...with so few people claiming noises, it helps our res people out since not that many people are claiming noises today. Therefore, it should be easier to protect against murders/ritual tonight.

Of course, it might just be that our murderers chose to launder and stay safe, but as mentioned before, we're fine with that if they gave us an extra day. But I'm not sure we want to put a bullseye on too many people at the moment.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by Chaco »

I dunno, Viking. I don't see that happenin. Murderer is an extraordinarily hard path so wasting even one night would be bad for them. Also, there's no point in them not trying to kill because even if they don't succeed
that night
it's still one less res kit. So I don't think that's the complete case.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:14 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Hayker wrote:Also, jsut thought I'd point this out. Murderers are as dangerous, if not more, as the cult. However, they are signifigantly less dangerous as long as 2 of them exist. I kinda understand people worrying more about cult, but we cannot ignore murders for anymore then today, if even. Drench/kunk, you are in my scum books.
a LOT of this depends on how Start flips. If he flips cult, then cult's down to 3 members, half their original number (I'm assuming CSL was cult due to the rez). If, on the other hand, he flips murderer, then we may have a nasty situation on our hands as we may be down to 2 murderers already and can't afford to lynch one for fear of losing the game as soon as the survivor gets the 3rd kill (if we reach this spot, we're going to need a good rezzing plan in action).

The number of nightkills (and rezzes) we get tonight will hopefully tell us more as we're going to need to know pretty soon how to deal with this very real possibiliy.

Wait...I just relooked at the list. Magua, you're recorded as having heard noise but not warded day 1 like us. I looked at him in iso and he's also recorded as having heard noise last night (and presumably not warding). So he's also added to our little club of 4 with me, ilord, and semi.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Wait, according to EK's list, Semi never heard noise night one. So subtract him from our group.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Hold on...semi's VERY FIRST POST says that he heard no noise night 0...yet at the top of page 66, semi very clearly says he heard noise night 0.

I think we caught a scum. sorry for the triple post folks, but I think this is worth it.
unvote vote semi
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by Hayker »

semioldguy wrote:I think you're right.

Assuming we know you were honest about hearing noise and that cult wouldn't want a second fetish of you it is a good assumption (to you they would be much more likely town than to the rest of us).

Process of elimination tells me I was fetished. (no investigating should have happened night 1, I heard no noise previously, no one's first noise should ever be a res, no one claimed to ward me, and if someone stalked me they would have likely followed through). If not dead tomorrow, last night's action was likely from town.

The same logic would go for both of you.
Read more carefully viking, he says he heard no nosie previous to n1
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Post by Percy »

Vote Count

kunkstar7 - 1 (elvis_knits)
Plum - 1 (semioldguy)
animorpherv1 - 1 (DrippingGoofball)
semioldguy - 1 (vikingfan)
dramonic - 1 (Ellibereth)
SlySly - 1 (Plum)
Wickedestjr - 1 (Hayker)
Hayker - 1 (rewq455)

Not Voting
- 10 (animorpherv1, Chaco, dramonic, evilsnail, iLord, kunkstar7, Magua, SlySly, Wickedestjr, VP Baltar)

Deadline for today is
10:00pm (site time) on Saturday the 27th of March
. You can view a countdown to the deadline .
Chaco wrote:
@Percy: What happens if you have Taboo: Launder and fail to submit an action?
This is treated the same as losing your
Night Action
due to public Insanity Infractions; you perform no action, and gain an Insanity.

With 18 alive, 10 votes are required to lynch.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:02 pm

Post by evilsnail »

@elvis:

I have 0 insanities.

N0: no noise, no ward.
N1: no noise, no ward.
N2: no noise, no ward.

And I investigated Chaco last night and he wasn't bloody.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:38 pm

Post by semioldguy »

vikingfan wrote:Hold on...semi's VERY FIRST POST says that he heard no noise night 0...yet at the top of page 66, semi very clearly says he heard noise night 0.

I think we caught a scum. sorry for the triple post folks, but I think this is worth it.
unvote vote semi
Read my post again. The logic applies if noise was first heard on either Night Zero or Night One and then heard again on a later night.

The only actions that would cause someone's first noise on both Night Zero and One are Stalk, Craft Fetish and Ward. If no one claims the ward, as people have been claiming wards, it can be assumed to be one of the other two actions. If the player doesn't die, stalk would be unlikely, leaving only one option: Craft Fetish.

The reason this logic doesn't apply after Nights Zero and One is that investigation actions start happening.

This could apply to more than just the three of us. Noise claims are not complete.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:43 am

Post by rewq455 »

I have never heard noise
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:53 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Do we have a list of rez-worthy players?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:56 am

Post by dramonic »

I've heard noise only night 1 (and it was due to chaco warding)
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:24 am

Post by iLord »

DGB wrote:Do we have a list of rez-worthy players?
Magua, iLord, VikingFan, Semi.

I'm going to have time to reread the thread later today. More thoughts will come.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:26 am

Post by elvis_knits »

[mrow]Player[col]N0[col]N1[col]N2[col]Explanation/Notes[col]Insanities Adel/Hayker[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col]Rezzed by Plum [col]Laundered[col]VP failed ward/Ani stalked but did not kill/kunkstar(drench) stalk-murder failed[col]1 - due to rez (twitchy) Magua(Amished)[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col]Noise:No [col]?[col]?[col]?
CSL(Col.Cathart)
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col]Murdered/rezzed [col]-lynched-[col]Elli stalked-murdered/failed[col]2 dramonic[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No (warded by chaco)[col] Noise:No [col]Noise: No[col]?[col]? DGB[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No (warded by elvis)[col]Noise:yes/Rezzed elvis [col]Noise:Yes (fetish) /Rezzed elvis[col]?[col] Ellibereth[col]Stalked CSL[col] Murdered CSL [col]Search Forensics kit[col]?[col]Atleast 2
Iecerint
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Murdered [col] - [col](not yet flipped)[col]0 iLord[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Rezzed Phate [col]Noise:Yes[col]?[col]0 insanities
Phate
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Cult target/Rezzed [col]Cult Kill[col]? [col]1 (presumably due to being rezzed)
Sajin
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col] Murdered [col] - [col]Flipped Investigator[col]0 Plum/Sarag [col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col]Rezzed Adel/Hayker[col]Noise:Yes(fetish)[col]Has like 2 posts[col]Atleast 1 claimed
Katy/Seacore
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col] Murdered [col] - [col]?[col] 0 vikingfan[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No [col]Noise:No Ward:no[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col](Commune?)[col]1 - Aversion (elvis) Animorperv[col]Stalked Adel/Hayker[col]Robbed grav/Searched Forensics kit [col]No actions due to too many II's[col] ?[col]3 kunkstar/Drench[col]Stalked Adel/Hayker[col] Murdered Adel/Hayker [col]Occult books[col]Claims Drench went murderer but kunk went back to investigator[col]2 taboo launder, twitchy Evilsnail[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col]Noise:No Ward:No [col]Noise:No Ward:No [col]?[col]0 rewq/faraday[col]Noise:No Ward:No[col] Forensic kit [col]Checked ANi (not bloody)[col]?[col]0
Nico
[col]Noise:Yes Ward:No[col] Lynched D1 [col] -[col]Dead cult yay![col]0 Semioldguy[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col]Noise:Yes [col]Noise:Yes[col]?[col]0 SLy[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col]Noise:Yes[col]Noise:Yes[col]?[col]?
Startransmission
[col]Noise:No Ward:No [col] ?[col]Murdered[col]?[col] 3 VP[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes(Adel) Warded by Wicked [col]Noise:Yes[col]Noise:No Ward:No[col]Ward on Adel failed N1 due to wicked warding him[col]? Chaco[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes(Dram)[col]Stalk Startransmission[col]Murdered startransmission[col]?[col]Atleast 2 elvis[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes (DGB)[col]Noise:yes Searched:Rez Kit[col]Noise:Yes(Fetish) Rezzed(somebody that wasn't targetted)[col]?[col]1 - taboo launder wicked[col]Noise:Yes Ward:Yes(VP)[col]Noise:No[col]Noise:No[col]?[col]?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I notice an error already - Plum should have atleast 2 insanities - 1 from rezzing, 1 from the fetish.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:24 am

Post by vikingfan »

semioldguy wrote:
vikingfan wrote:Hold on...semi's VERY FIRST POST says that he heard no noise night 0...yet at the top of page 66, semi very clearly says he heard noise night 0.

unvote vote semi
Read my post again. The logic applies if noise was first heard on either Night Zero or Night One and then heard again on a later night.

The only actions that would cause someone's first noise on both Night Zero and One are Stalk, Craft Fetish and Ward. If no one claims the ward, as people have been claiming wards, it can be assumed to be one of the other two actions. If the player doesn't die, stalk would be unlikely, leaving only one option: Craft Fetish.

The reason this logic doesn't apply after Nights Zero and One is that investigation actions start happening.

This could apply to more than just the three of us. Noise claims are not complete.
Oh ok, my bad. Do keep in mind though that on night 1 (the night you claimed you heard noise), a rez is possible. It's not possible for Magua, ilord, or myself. So it's slightly different.
unvote
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:14 am

Post by SlySly »

More for your chart EK...

I have 2 insanities. N0 I stalked Amished with intentions of going murderer (I took compulsion). The happenings of D1 may me reevaluate my plans and I decided to stick with the town route. N1 I picked up Occult Books. I checked Magua last night and he was not more insane than me, so he had 1 or less insanities last night before the resolve of my commune (I took hallucination).
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Interesting confession, Sly. You've played this game before, and in that one it seems you replaced and chose to go from murderer back to investigator. So last time you decided it wasn't worth it to go murderer. What made you think you should try murderer this time?
Talk nerdy to me.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:58 am

Post by dramonic »

SlySly wrote:More for your chart EK...

I have 2 insanities. N0 I stalked Amished with intentions of going murderer (I took compulsion). The happenings of D1 may me reevaluate my plans and I decided to stick with the town route. N1 I picked up Occult Books. I checked Magua last night and he was not more insane than me, so he had 1 or less insanities last night before the resolve of my commune (I took hallucination).
Is there any protown motive to pick hallucination in your opinion?
Because I cant find one.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:09 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Sly, also why did you check magua?
Talk nerdy to me.

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:19 am

Post by SlySly »

elvis_knits wrote:Interesting confession, Sly. You've played this game before, and in that one it seems you replaced and chose to go from murderer back to investigator. So last time you decided it wasn't worth it to go murderer. What made you think you should try murderer this time?
Last time I replaced into the game and was completely overwhelmed by all of the strange setup and rules and I didn't want to start my participation off in what I felt was a for sure fail role, at least from the perspective of my limited understanding and general lack of mafia abilities. When I received the invite from Percy for this game, I felt I had a better grasp of how things work in this setup and my immediate reaction was "I'm going murderer in this game" and I even started out this game with that thought process still intact. The events of D1 convinced me that going murderer is still, at least from my position, a for sure fail role, leading me to continue down the path of being a part of another town victory.
dramonic wrote: Is there any protown motive to pick hallucination in your opinion?
Well, honestly, all the insanities suck. I just chose the ones that required the least thought. I didn't want to choose any of the ones that would affect my voting abilities. Having thought through it a bit deeper now, I wish I would have chosen twitchy instead.
elvis_knits wrote:Sly, also why did you check magua?
Magua's posting in this game has seemed very pro-town and I tend to agree with the majority of the things he has said. Unfortunately, that was the case in SA1 as well. I wanted to do a little check on him for my own peace of mind since I didn't vig him with my first opportunity.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:18 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

SlySly feels town.

This has never happened before.

unvote, vote: SlySly
*twitch*
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I have 0 insanities EK. I said so earlier, but it must have been missed.

Catching up in a few.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”