semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:10 am

Post by semioldguy »

vikingfan wrote:Oh ok, my bad. Do keep in mind though that on night 1 (the night you claimed you heard noise), a rez is possible. It's not possible for Magua, ilord, or myself. So it's slightly different.
unvote
No one should have res'ed me because it was not possible that I was going to die since I claimed not to hear noise one Night Zero. It would have been a wasted action.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

iLord wrote:
DGB wrote:Do we have a list of rez-worthy players?
Magua, iLord, VikingFan, Semi.

I'm going to have time to reread the thread later today. More thoughts will come.
Shouldn't I be on this list as well? It's if you heard a noise N0 or N1 and aren't dead, correct?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:21 am

Post by semioldguy »

Anyone who heard noise at all and is not dead, as long as the only noise isn't a claimed ward.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

SlySly - why would you take compulsion if your intention was to go murderer? You have already freely stated that it's a difficult role to win, so wouldn't taking compulsion make it that much more difficult? It would take you until what, Day 8, to win that way. I'm confused.
YOUR AD HERE

vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:31 am

Post by vikingfan »

semioldguy wrote:Anyone who heard noise at all and is not dead, as long as the only noise isn't a claimed ward.
This is true for the ritual, not true for stalking murderers. Those who did not hear noise last night are not under consideration for rez from murderers.

I don't buy SlySly's explanation, but DGB bugs me more. She says Sly's town, but votes him? and she's been lurking too.
vote dgb

Sly, you better have some REALLY good reasons for compulsion and hallucination. I'm at the point where it's almost a good idea to lynch anyone who says he took hallucination. Given our high number of scum at present, I think both dgb and sly are suspicious at present.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:33 am

Post by semioldguy »

vikingfan wrote:If, on the other hand, he flips murderer, then we may have a nasty situation on our hands as we may be down to 2 murderers already and can't afford to lynch one for fear of losing the game as soon as the survivor gets the 3rd kill (if we reach this spot, we're going to need a good rezzing plan in action).
If there are two murderers alive and they both get to three kills, then unless they kill each other on the same night the town is almost assured a loss. No one can win as long as any murderers survive. The only difference is that we need to kill all the cult also for the town to win. Murderers do not have to worry about killing cult, only the other murderers.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:39 am

Post by SlySly »

VP Baltar wrote:SlySly - why would you take compulsion if your intention was to go murderer? You have already freely stated that it's a difficult role to win, so wouldn't taking compulsion make it that much more difficult? It would take you until what, Day 8, to win that way. I'm confused.
I didn't put in enough forethought to determine the earliest possible time for a murderer win. I figured taking compulsion would take some unneeded complexity out of my thought process and I didn't want to hinder my voting abilities in any way. I never really expected to be a murderer and win anyway, I just wanted to be a murderer, however, D1 changed my mind about that.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:51 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

vikingfan wrote:I don't buy SlySly's explanation, but DGB bugs me more. She says Sly's town, but votes him?
vote dgb
Read his sig.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:52 am

Post by iLord »

SlySly's lying. If he decided to come clean, he should've done so Day 1, like when he supposedly decided so, especially once he saw ani/Elli not being lynched.

Vote: SlySly

Rereading thread right now, but SlySly's the lynch here.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VF wrote:I don't buy SlySly's explanation, but DGB bugs me more. She says Sly's town, but votes him? and she's been lurking too.
She's implying that Sly never looks townish, which is somewhat true. He's a bit of a scummy player naturally. However, what bothers me a bit more about his is his laying back a bit as the game has worn on. My general experience with him is a bit more fire in his belly, but I don't know if this really means anything or not.
SlySly wrote:I didn't put in enough forethought to determine the earliest possible time for a murderer win. I figured taking compulsion would take some unneeded complexity out of my thought process and I didn't want to hinder my voting abilities in any way. I never really expected to be a murderer and win anyway, I just wanted to be a murderer, however, D1 changed my mind about that.
How much forethought would it really take? I mean, you played in the other SA as well, so I'd think you'd at least have the basic understanding that to win as murderer here you need to do it as quickly as possible. Not sure if I'm buying this reasoning.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh yeah, I'm not voting atm.

YOUR AD HERE

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:01 am

Post by SlySly »

VP Baltar wrote: How much forethought would it really take? I mean, you played in the other SA as well, so I'd think you'd at least have the basic understanding that to win as murderer here you need to do it as quickly as possible. Not sure if I'm buying this reasoning.
Lol. I still don't think I have a full grasp of the murderer win condition.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:15 am

Post by elvis_knits »

iLord wrote:SlySly's lying. If he decided to come clean, he should've done so Day 1, like when he supposedly decided so, especially once he saw ani/Elli not being lynched.

Rereading thread right now, but SlySly's the lynch here.
I know, I keep flashing back to Elli saying somehting like: ANY OTHER FOOLS WHO CHOSE STALK AND REALIZE THEIR MISTAKE, CLAIM NOW.

Elli said it multiple times. If Sly changed his mind D1, he should have said it then.

I also don't understand why he chose to go legit in SA1 but not in this game.

I also think it was very misleading for him to be claiming noises for a while without telling us HE HAS HALLUCINATION. And could have cause him to get warded or rezzed even when he doesn't need it.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Another thing I think is generally weird is that on N1 we had:

3 succesfull murders
Phate Rezzed (cult kill)
CSL Rezzed (presumably murdered cult)
Adel/Hayker rezzed
Sly deciding not to murder Amished/Magua

It just seems like multiple people are claiming repentent murderer (Elli, Ani, kunk, Sly), but not claiming any of the successful murders. It makes me wonder if they're claiming their true targets or lying about it (as murderers or as cult constructing elaborate fake claims). Or maybe a murderer who fails with their first kill is more likely to try to come back to the town because they know that there are probably other murderers "ahead" of them (closer to their wincon)?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:23 am

Post by SlySly »

elvis_knits wrote: I also don't understand why he chose to go legit in SA1 but not in this game.
I don't understand why you, of all people, would ever expect from me what you consider to be rational thought. I thought it would be fun. D1 just showed me it would be a quick way out of the game. If I had successfully stalked Adel or Phate on N0, I probably wouldn't have been able to control the urge to kill!! :twisted:
elvis_knits wrote: I also think it was very misleading for him to be claiming noises for a while without telling us HE HAS HALLUCINATION. And could have cause him to get warded or rezzed even when he doesn't need it.
I just took hallucination from my commune last night. Hallucination had nothing to do with the noises I heard N1 and N2.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:28 am

Post by SlySly »

elvis_knits wrote: I know, I keep flashing back to Elli saying somehting like: ANY OTHER FOOLS WHO CHOSE STALK AND REALIZE THEIR MISTAKE, CLAIM NOW.

Elli said it multiple times. If Sly changed his mind D1, he should have said it then.
Ell was pushing a game breaking scheme. Do I need to repeat my feeling about game breaking schemes?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SlySly wrote:
elvis_knits wrote: I know, I keep flashing back to Elli saying somehting like: ANY OTHER FOOLS WHO CHOSE STALK AND REALIZE THEIR MISTAKE, CLAIM NOW.

Ell was pushing a game breaking scheme. Do I need to repeat my feeling about game breaking schemes?
Him claiming reformed murderer had nothing to do with the breaking plan.
Talk nerdy to me.

iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:33 am

Post by iLord »

E_K, Day 1 wrote:Seriously though, if anyone commits a murder, I will lynch you.
E_K, why are you not after Chaco?
SlySly wrote:Ell was pushing a game breaking scheme. Do I need to repeat my feeling about game breaking schemes?
This is entirely irrelevant.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:47 am

Post by elvis_knits »

iLord wrote:
E_K, Day 1 wrote:Seriously though, if anyone commits a murder, I will lynch you.
E_K, why are you not after Chaco?
I'm less worried about him than some other people actually. He murdered startransmission, who had 3 insanities (which is like guaranteed scum, so I'm glad he's dead). And Chaco did it last night. And someone who had intended to go murderer would have been on stalk last night. So it does seem that Chaco went the "vig" route here.

I still don't condone this behavior, but I have to evaluate it on a case-by-case basis. I'm not that upset about it because it looks like he killed scum, and the timing is off for a player who intended to go murderer. I'm not thrilled with rampant vigilantee-ism because I think it's likely to screw us. But I'm not going to lynch Chaco blindly when it looks like he's not scum for the reasons I just mentioned.
Talk nerdy to me.

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:48 am

Post by SlySly »

Maybe irrelevant to you.

His pushing a game breaking plan made anything he said irrelevant to me as much as anything anyone else said that was pushing any of the game breaking plans.

I didn't feel I needed to say anything as I knew I wasn't going to murder and was going to continue trying to help the town. I obviously wasn't the only one that didn't jump at Ell's command as there has been plenty of murdering going on. The difference with me and the others is that I haven't been murdering.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Chaco »

Vote: Slysy

Definitely smelling some bullshit.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:54 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

SlySly wrote:I don't understand why you, of all people, would ever expect from me what you consider to be rational thought.
You've been about 70% rational recently; this is 70% above your baseline. You can only be scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:56 am

Post by vikingfan »

unvote vote sly

Now that I know the history between sly and dgb, that exchange makes better sense. Sly, however...well, everything he's said since his initial confession has smelled of lies.

Before we lynch, though, we should figure out who are our graverobbers for tonight.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:59 am

Post by vikingfan »

Also some players like kunk haven't posted in a few days...prod please?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by iLord »

VF wrote:Before we lynch, though, we should figure out who are our graverobbers for tonight.
Working on this - don't lynch until I'm done with the reread.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”