Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:29 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Since you don't believe in an SK, you must think I'm mafia. I think that Stewie is a better candidate to be mafia than I am based on our performances day 1. For example, wheras I bandwaggoned Nai and attacked him based on his reaction to Thesp's vote, Stewie never really attacked Nai at all. All he posted was "Me too" (Post #80) following your post where you said you would vote for Nai if Nai didn't explain himself. Furthermore, when Phoebus starts a counter-bandwaggon against mlaker (per MeMe's suggestion), Stewie immediately jumps on despite his "me too" comment suggenting he would vote for Nai.

Also note that, aside from CoolBot's random vote, I was the only one to mention Phoebus as being suspicious prior to day 3 (Post #194).

vote: Stewie
for now. If CoolBot is unwilling to vote for Stewie, I will switch to a no lynch.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:29 pm

Post by armlx »

Vote Count

No Lynch- 2 (Meme, Stewie)
Stewie- 1 (Ygg)
Ygg- 1 (Coolbot)
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:21 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Yggdrasil wrote:For example, wheras I bandwaggoned Nai and attacked him based on his reaction to Thesp's vote
Scum join bandwagons.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:10 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count prior to my vote
CoolBot - 1 (Yggdrasil)
Pheobus- 1 (Coolbot)
Thesp- 1 (Nai)
Nai- 2 (Meme, Thesp)

It would have been pretty risky for me to place this vote if I were scum. It made Nai the clear favorite for lynching. Scum would have waited until later, until it was more clear that Nai was a target for lynching.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:40 pm

Post by Stewie »

Hmm,
Unvote

I will probably vote no lynch again, but I have to say I think it's rather interesting that Ygg ignored the fact that the day phoebus was lynched, it was me the one that presented the voting analysis which pretty much sealed the deal. I also mentioned MeMe's posting restriction and suggested that we should design a code so that meme could "speak" (although I didn't come up with the code itself). Eventhough Ygg joined the Nai bandwagon, that's something scum usually do. There's also the fact that he claimed that I was not posting too much, and saying too little when I did, when voting for Nai was all he really did day one (compared to me discussing the sk and mentioning MeMe's disability). Day two he commented on TradaPIB and voted him, then commented on me and phoebus being quiet during day one. Day three he puts me on the top of his scum list for the following reasons: Nai defended me once (which, as I explained at the moment, I could not control. It is also smart for scum to associate themselves with people that are not scum), voting for mlaker (when he said he would also do it day one, but he didn't because he wanted to make sure that it didn't bring him too close to a lynch).

And while he did vote for Nai, he completly forgot about him after day one.

As for my "me too" comment, I was agreeing with coolbot, and was going to vote for Nai, but then the mlaker thing popped out, and I felt that was more suspicious than what Nai had done, so I voted for mlaker instead of nai. What's suspicious about that?
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:28 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

unvote: Stewie

You actually bring up a good point about day 3. Originally, I thought you had posted the vote analysis after everyone had said Phoebus was pretty suspicious. But, at that time, only Thesp and I thought he was suspicious, while MeMe was questioning Thesp. Immediately after, MeMe agreed with the suspicions against Phoebus. I'll have to admit I was wrong; MeMe is a valid suspect if there are mafia remaining.

I'm still having a hard time giving up the idea of an SK, though. Can someone offer some reasons why we don't have an SK. Maybe that will clarify my thought process somewhat.

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:47 pm

Post by MeMe »

I'd have thought Yggdrasil would've been happy to no lynch if innocent. Instead he...

1) went for Stewie
2) unvoted him when Stewie moved off no-lynch
3) now says I'm a viable suspect though earlier he said he was interested only in lynching Stewie or going no-lynch

Very interesting. I think that no-lynch looks no-good to scum...Stewie's willingness to go with it was a point in his favor to me. Though Yggdrasil said he'd do it if it was the consensus...when it came down to his vote, he chose to try to get something going on Stewie instead, which was, I believe, an attempt to persuade ME (as CoolBot's pretty set and Stewie's certainly not interested). I, however, didn't join him so he seems to be going for the next best thing...positioning himself to vote for me. He's now asking someone to, basically, argue him out of the idea of SK (and...what?
in
to the idea of voting me?)

I think I'm gonna have to switch the placements of Stewie & Ygg in my preference list. Still very confused.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:06 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

I'm not voting no lynch because I'm still concerned about the possibility of an SK and mafia still alive.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:58 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

MeMe wrote:Very interesting. I think that no-lynch looks no-good to scum...Stewie's willingness to go with it was a point in his favor to me. Though Yggdrasil said he'd do it if it was the consensus...when it came down to his vote, he chose to try to get something going on Stewie instead,
As I said before, my preference was to lynch Stewie. I was going to see if that was possible before going to no lynch.
which was, I believe, an attempt to persuade ME (as CoolBot's pretty set and Stewie's certainly not interested). I, however, didn't join him so he seems to be going for the next best thing...positioning himself to vote for me. He's now asking someone to, basically, argue him out of the idea of SK (and...what?
in
to the idea of voting me?)
It's three to lynch today. If CoolBot is set, even if I convince you to vote Stewie it doesn't do any good. Plus, how did you get the idea that I'm moving to the next best thing after failing to convince you. Between when I voted Stewie and unvoted him, you did not post. Plus, this part has me even more worried about MeMe being scum because she seems really paranoid about the possibility of me voting for her.

Anyway, after rereading my posts, I think I need to clarify some points. Since I'm considering MeMe as a possible scum, I'm no longer 100% certain that Stewie is one of the killer(s). However, I was not sure no lynch was a viable option because of the possibility of two killers. If someone were to convince me that there aren't two killers, I would be happy to no lynch.

After doing some thinking (something I've admittedly NOT done enough of in this game), I'm now pretty sure there aren't two killers. If there are two killers, CoolBot must be one of them. However, based on his unwillingness to go with a no lynch, I think it's safe to say that he is not the second killer. Since there is only one killer, I have no more problems with a no lynch.

vote: no lynch

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:27 am

Post by MeMe »

My points are a valid assessment of your actions rather than paranoia. You said one thing and seemed to be going a completely different direction...and now you're changing yet again. But, hey -- you're right about me not wanting to be lynched today and anyone looking like they're trying to push things that direction will most definitely get my attention.

And in a deadline situation, less votes are usually needed (two, probably)...whichever gets there first is the action taken. So, if you're scum, it
would
have been worth your while to try to convince me of Stewie.
We do need mod clarification on what happens at deadline if we haven't reached majority decision

That said, I still prefer a no-lynch...but your last three posts have raised your suspicion level.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:13 am

Post by armlx »

In the case of a deadline, most votes wins obviously. If there is a tie, both will happen (if person A and person B both have 2 out of 4 votes, they both die). If there is a tie between no lynch and a person, the person is lynched.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:17 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Yggdrasil wrote:However, I was not sure no lynch was a viable option because of the possibility of two killers.
Why is this?
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:28 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

If there were two killers, we could have two kills which could leave us in a losing sittuation (or a draw).

CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:42 am

Post by CoolBot »

Must lynch scum.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:27 am

Post by armlx »

Current Vote Count

No Lynch- 2 (Meme, Ygg)
Ygg- 1 (Coolbot)
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:37 am

Post by Stewie »

I'm gonna go ahead and
vote: ygg
. From my point of view, it's the best thing I can do for the town. No lynch is leaving it all to chance.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:20 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

What made you change your mind? Why do you think lynching me is better than no lynch?

Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:05 pm

Post by Stewie »

Coolbot's argument that if we no lynch we leave it all to chance.
lynching you: I block and kill meme if you weren't the last scum.
no lynch: I have to figure out who the remaining scum is, and so does the other town other than coolbot. If either of us screw up then we lose.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:12 pm

Post by MeMe »

:idea: :idea: :idea:

CoolBot: do you believe that Stewie's more likely to be scum than I am?

Yggdrasil: do you believe that Stewie's more likely to be scum than I am?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:25 pm

Post by CoolBot »

MeMe wrote:CoolBot: do you believe that Stewie's more likely to be scum than I am?
You're least likely.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:34 pm

Post by MeMe »

We can win this for sure. Follow me, Yggdrasil.

unvote: no lynch
vote: Stewie
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:30 pm

Post by Stewie »

Ah, taking advantage of the double lynch at deadline. Never thought about that. From my point of view, it's not as good as a single lynch, but it beats the no lynch plan by a lot. I say we go for it.

armlx, when is the deadline, exactly?
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:48 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

This is what concerns me. If Stewie is scum, he wins if he lynches me. If MeMe is scum, she wins if both me and Stewie get lynched, but loses if only I get lynched. Both are following the optimal strategies if scum. I'll need to reread the thread to decide whether to vote for Stewie or abstain from voting.

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:55 pm

Post by MeMe »

This is infuriating.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”