Newbie 906 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Skill006 »

sarnath'd
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by RayFrost »

RayFrost wrote:
@ Skill
why the no reply to my reply to your reply to my laziness?
Since you are here, reply.

[/vanishes into the mist]
don't you feel silly now?
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Skill006 wrote:
ray wrote:weeeelllllll, there's the fact this game consists mostly of text walls, and they are quite horrifying to my eyes and very tiring to read.
Is there a better way to post so that its not so tiring to read?
ray wrote:At this point, I'm reverting to just my Raw Frosty Instincttm, which has failed me very few times in the past.
It fails you today.
Do you want me to reply with a wall of text? I'm not sure what kind of answer you're expecting :?
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Welcome to the game, Col.Cathart. It will be interesting to see what your take on the situation is. Phaen, I prefer people not replacing to people replacing but you should do what you need to do.

Tomorrow is the last day of the quarter for me and I've spent most of the past couple days grading, writing practice exams and solutions for the practice exams and generally making sure that everything is settled how it should be. I need to finish that up now so I'll mostly be getting back to this tomorrow but I will say that this last move back to RayFrost is mildly surprising. I also disagree that any of the lynches people have been bringing up are policy lynches but I'll need to look a bit more closely at that later.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

RayFrost wrote:
seriously, I am concentrating in a way that prevents me from posting, as it is the purest state of scumhunting I have been able to obtain. You'll see the full values of it in a bit.
...waiting...
RayFrost wrote:Since you are here, reply.

[/vanishes into the mist]
Since you are here, post some actual content instead of antagonizing others.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Damn, this is taking longer than I thought. University + a few other games are eating most of my time. I'm currently somewhere halfway through D1, but I'll try to speed things up a bit today.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Kison »

Day Two: Vote Count

Phaen (
) : Skill006, Zorblag
Skill006 (
) : Phaen, RayFrost
RayFrost (
) : jmurph3, PranaDevil

Not Voting (
) : Col.Cathart

With
alive, it will take
votes to lynch.

The day's deadline is currently set to:
March 23rd, 2010, 11:59:59 PM, EST

PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:20 am

Post by PranaDevil »

RayFrost wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:
vote: RayFrost

Reasons: He's not done anything D2, considering the amount of wind being blown from him D1, I would have felt there would be much more activity from him this day. Instead he's gone from one of the most active (between me and him) to just popping up to say a few lines (sometimes not even saying anything with them) before disappearing again.

Also, apparently opposed the fuzzy lynch based on really weak meta apparently, but gave his full reasons after the lynch (when it was too late) and said reasons weren't that good either from what I could gather.

So yeah, I still suspect some others, but Ray's style of play has gone from seemingly going after everyone D1, to doing sod all D2 suddenly... almost as if it's "heat off, hold back" for him. I don't like it.
>.>

<.<

SILENCE!

I AM CONCENTRATING!

seriously, I am concentrating in a way that prevents me from posting, as it is the purest state of scumhunting I have been able to obtain. You'll see the full values of it in a bit.

@ Skill
why the no reply to my reply to your reply to my laziness?
But isn't your reason for going after jammer that he's not posting much actual content? Isn't that also the same thing have been doing pretty much all of this day phase (and the end of the last one)?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:19 am

Post by PranaDevil »

If we're not careful I'm going to have to ask for prods on... well... everyone at this rate, lol.

*Walks round ringing a bell*

Wake up town, scum need lynching and we have a mere 6 days to do it in.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:54 am

Post by jmurph3 »

PranaDevil wrote:If we're not careful I'm going to have to ask for prods on... well... everyone at this rate, lol.

*Walks round ringing a bell*

Wake up town, scum need lynching and we have a mere 6 days to do it in.
Unfortunately, there is literally
nothing
left for me to say. Except that I'm really getting tired of this.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

I agree, I want to move the game forward, but it's increasingly seeming like everyone's happy to just let the game stall constantly, and so not only are we getting nowhere, things are easy to forget compared to a more fast paced game with stuff going on.

Right now, I like the idea of the Ray lynch because of what I said earlier (and he's not responded to my questions there either), I still wouldn't mind a Skill lynch either to be honest. I'd be against a Cathart or Phaen lynch for the time being, jmurph I'm not happy to lynch right now, and Zorblag I would lynch if it came down to the wire, (as I still think there's something not quite sitting well there).

But it all amounts to sod all if no bugger is around to actually discuss anything and move the game forwards.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Sorry, I was busy yesterday. I have been trying to stay active in the game, but I'm only available at certain times in the day.

Honestly, I don't know why Ray isn't posting anything. It bothers me.

I don't think troll is too busy to come and post here. He just doesn't want to for some reason, and I feel like he's intentionally active lurking.

I don't like how phaen has decided not to say anything in the end.

I don't like how I decided to skip a day. [Sorry!]

And we have our other replacement who needs to catch up.

...I would rather just lynch phaen now before she has to get replaced. Not only is she my top scum read, but I don't want
another
replacement in this game. We have way too many, and its becoming confusing who is who and letting all of them get caught up and everything.

And honestly, it doesn't seem like she's coming back.

My second scum read was jammer, and he just got replaced so...

And then there is jmurph, who I'm not very interested in lynching anymore (in fact I would rather lynch ray at this point).
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Well, Zorblag did say he had plenty to do yesterday, so I could understand him perhaps still being busy today.

Ray's quietness bothers me.

Phaen I don't believe is scum, and lynching just because she's been rather quiet is a bad move, D1, fair enough I could somewhat see that if there was nothing else to go on, but D2, in our position, we need someone who looks to be scum, not someone who's just being quiet.

But with it going so slow, it's hard to do much of anything... and it's almost like this specific game has just fallen apart, which I'm not liking at all, as it started well, and Kison has done well as a mod too, trying to keep things unique.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Yesterday I ended up having a fair amount more last minute work to do than I expected. Rather than posting in my games like I planned to I got home at around 7:00 or so, took care of the one game I'm modding and then went to bed.

I thought about posting here saying that I'd be getting to this game soon but it seemed like it would be a better idea just to leave it until I got a chance to do the posting later this evening and had a chance to put some thought into it.

In any case, I will be back later this evening.

@PranaDevil, why is it that you think that Phaen is town? Is it something that she (or redbox) has done or is it the interactions from others with that player spot?

Someone (probably jmurph3, I'll have to go back and look later) seemed to be confused about what I was saying about Phaen's stance on fuzzylightning earlier. I'll try to clarify that right quick. I didn't have any trouble with Phaen thinking that fuzzylightning's play was like his town play in earlier games that Phaen had experience with. I certainly didn't think that should be a reason for Phaen to explicitly suspect fuzzylightning. What I was trying to get at with my questions was why Phaen believed that fuzzylightning was town with the conviction that she did. From everything that I can see of fuzzylightning's play there's no reason to think that he wouldn't do exactly the same thing day one as scum as he did here. Even if he does it as town it doesn't make for much of a town tell as it does essentially nothing to put pressure on scum or help us find them in future days. Unless there was something that Phaen thought fuzzylightning would be doing differently I have trouble understanding the strength of the conviction that fuzzylightning was town coming from the Phaen spot.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Skill006 »

prana wrote:Phaen I don't believe is scum, and lynching just because she's been rather quiet is a bad move, D1, fair enough I could somewhat see that if there was nothing else to go on, but D2, in our position, we need someone who looks to be scum, not someone who's just being quiet.
Wait, aren't you pushing for a ray lynch because he's not posting?
Have you even really looked at phaen? Or my case? (or Zorblag's case?)

Why don't you think she is scum? Anything particularly wrong with our cases?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Here's me thinking I've written a nice post about why I didn't think Phaen was scum... and I did, the flaw being I was at my sister's, meaning I'd set up the ISO on Phaen so I could read it at her place (she's not online), and type it up there to post when I returned... evidently I failed to post said read... so I'll just C+P it right over now:

------------------------

Okay, first note, I'm typing this up while offline (so can't use the typical set-up the forums have). So as an opening point, all quotes here are from Phaen's posts.
I find it interesting to note that fuzzylightning and Paltry are the only players who did not jump on Ray like the others did. I'm not sure if this should be attributed to style, experience, or something else.
This is the first thing that jumped out at me. It's early on in Phaen's posting too (so easy to find). Now I know on this forum (from what I've read) it's not that popular to look over who died so much. However this stands out to me as not one, but BOTH of these two died in the space of one day. Perhaps it's Ray with WIFOM, perhaps it's Phaen mentioning it, and making a strong note herself for future reference.

I'll likely return to this when I can look over fuzzy and Paltry's posts when I'm back online. (So check the end of this post for that).
fuzzylightning

My other game in April was with fuzzy too. He has a mere 20 posts this game and he was similarly quiet during D1 in the other game. While looking through all his posts, I see most of them have some sort of content, he is concise, and his votes match up with what he says he's thinking. I'm getting a pro-town read despite him not being as active as I would hope.
This I note more because it shows that Phaen strongly felt fuzzy was town due to previous meta, and stuck by this by not voting him. If she was scum I doubt she would have made note of this, as it would be detrimental to him trying to lynch known town.

However I will note that a lot of Phaen's posting has also not been that important (replying to gameplay mechanic things with me a lot for instance). However despite this, I don't feel Phaen is scum from this read through, still possible I'm wrong, but I do think that she's been scum hunting. Although I also feel she should be posting more often.

Soooo... yeah, that's my read on Phaen.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

EBWOP

@Skill, have I looked at your case? Seriously? Who began looking at you?

As for Zorblag, I've already said I'm not entirely sure on him.

As for Ray, no, it's not "he's not posting much" it's "he's been posting tons, and suddenly backed off a hell of a lot when the heat was off him, and with everyone suddenly being quiet, it's even more noticeable from him".
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by RayFrost »

yawn, I took yesterday off from doing anything, sue me you piggy backer!

note that a piggy backer is one that uses the reasoning of another as their reasoning against somebody else.

in this case, that would be skill.

also, is jammer being replaced, or has jammer just vanished?

prana, your post on phaen has no real conclusion and seems wishy washy at the end. care to give a
clear
conclusion rather than one where you keep dodging the actual stating of a conclusion?

Also, do you feel that it is appropriate to lynch me because I've changed the consistency and style of my posting?

It seems to me that your reasoning here for finding me scummy is rather flimsy and weak, at best.

I'm posting less, but I'm being rather blatant about it, wouldn't you say?

And yes, jammer's issue was posting content, but not posting quantity. Jammer has posted quite a bit, but I felt that he's not posted much content on average across his posting, which is a sure sign of Active Lurking through Surplus (posting a helluva lot to make it seem like you are being helpful when you are really being worthless).
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by RayFrost »

PranaDevil wrote:EBWOP

@Skill, have I looked at your case? Seriously? Who began looking at you?

As for Ray, no, it's not "he's not posting much" it's "he's been posting tons, and suddenly backed off a hell of a lot when the heat was off him, and with everyone suddenly being quiet, it's even more noticeable from him".
ummm...

hold on a second.

You are saying that I STOPPED POSTING A LOT WHEN THE HEAT IS OFF ME?

REALLY?

HAVE YOU NOT CHECKED MY POSTING?

Check my posting after you stopped pressuring me, oh, wait, I was active then (considering I was pushing apathy, etc, redbox, blah blah blah).

My posting
recently
has dropped. And when is it? Sure as hell not even close to when the heat was off me.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

I don't feel Phaen is scum from this read through
Also, you can't really be blatant about being quiet... I mean, if someone doesn't post much at all, that's not being blatant about anything, it's just a lack of posting... and how's that going to help town at all? How is someone who is meant to be pro-town suddenly shutting up and doing sod all, and allowing the game to basically go dead, helping ANYBODY but scum? Seriously.

Is jammer being replaced? I'd say Cathart's appearance would give you the answer you are seeking.

As for when the heat is off... okay yeah, D1 you kept posting... D2 you've been about as active as an pensioner's tackle... i.e. not very, and you've given absolutely zero reason for it, except that you've done so deliberately... despite the blatant lack of a good town reason for it. Holding back is understandable if there's issues going on elsewhere to see what's going on... when no bugger is saying anything, and you state you are deliberately not saying anything, and basically allowing the game to stall? Nah, something's amiss there.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by RayFrost »

PranaDevil wrote:As for when the heat is off... okay yeah, D1 you kept posting... D2 you've been about as active as an pensioner's tackle... i.e. not very, and you've given absolutely zero reason for it, except that you've done so deliberately... despite the blatant lack of a good town reason for it. Holding back is understandable if there's issues going on elsewhere to see what's going on... when no bugger is saying anything, and you state you are deliberately not saying anything, and basically allowing the game to stall? Nah, something's amiss there.
That's a completely different point than 'he stops posting when the heat is off of him, scum!'

It is now 'he's deliberately not posting a lot on Day two for reasons he hasn't shared, scum!'

and you can be blatant about it.

IIRC, I said I'm not posting a lot on purpose. Can't get any more blatant than that.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Skill006 »

prana wrote:@Skill, have I looked at your case? Seriously? Who began looking at you?

I meant my case on phaen. And zorb's case on phaen.
ray wrote:
yawn, I took yesterday off from doing anything, sue me you piggy backer!

note that a piggy backer is one that uses the reasoning of another as their reasoning against somebody else.

in this case, that would be skill.
I'm going to have to ask you to calm down, sir.

I wasn't using that as "reasoning" for anything. I just didn't like how you decided not to show up when people were waiting for you (note I also never said this was scummy).

ray, your read on phaen?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by RayFrost »

phaen's town.

that's my read.

It'll likely change tomorrow game time depending on what happens today.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

So you are deliberately holding the game up for... what Ray?

What is the reason you are refusing to actually do anything on this day phase?

Also, I'd stated that it was because you had stopped posting previously.

Factor in that you've complained about people posting lots (short of us all becoming mind readers, and being able to project our thoughts across the air... I'm afraid lots of text is how you'll have to accept it).

Then that you've been just skimming to such an extent that, on a day when absolutely sod all has happened so far, you've managed to miss someone getting replaced, and it just feels like you're just coasting today, as opposed to sitting back paying attention.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Zorblag wrote:Someone (probably jmurph3, I'll have to go back and look later) seemed to be confused about what I was saying about Phaen's stance on fuzzylightning earlier. I'll try to clarify that right quick. I didn't have any trouble with Phaen thinking that fuzzylightning's play was like his town play in earlier games that Phaen had experience with. I certainly didn't think that should be a reason for Phaen to explicitly suspect fuzzylightning. What I was trying to get at with my questions was why Phaen believed that fuzzylightning was town with the conviction that she did. From everything that I can see of fuzzylightning's play there's no reason to think that he wouldn't do exactly the same thing day one as scum as he did here. Even if he does it as town it doesn't make for much of a town tell as it does essentially nothing to put pressure on scum or help us find them in future days. Unless there was something that Phaen thought fuzzylightning would be doing differently I have trouble understanding the strength of the conviction that fuzzylightning was town coming from the Phaen spot.
It was me, in fact. And I think it's that you and I are taking different stances on Phaen's responses. What she said in regards to the fuzzy case is that with her meta on him, she was getting a town-read.

The only other thing she said in regards to fuzzy was:
Phaen wrote:Looks like we've got half the town leaning Apathy/Troll and the other half leaning fuzzy.

The case against fuzzy is weak. I think he's town.
He may not be posting gobs of content, but he didn't in my last game with him either (as town).
There was no strength of conviction. In fact, the strength of conviction was in her case on Apathy, and had nothing to do with fuzzy.

And perhaps it's just me, but if you have prior evidence of a town vibe, and the player slot hasn't done anything to seem scummy, then thinking, "well, would he act differently if he were scum" when you already have a scum read on someone is kind of futile. Or unnecessary. Phaen's read of fuzzy could have changed had fuzzy stayed around. We won't really know. To me, this is not nearly enough of a scumtell to make me find Phaen scummy. And now that Phaen might be replacing, I'm not fond of the Phaen lynch at this point.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”