Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Seacore »

Yes. I'd also like to hear why you find Percy guilty. As Percy is not Bogre.

Granted, Percy does not forgive Bogre, but he certainly changes the situation enough to warrant more than you've posted.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Kinetic »

Alright, from my PMs with Faraday, this is what I can reveal.

The reason I thought Inq might be who he says he is (Samwell Tarly) was because of something he said which was nearly word for word in my own PM. I am not going to tell you what that is because that might be stepping over the line that I'm treading carefully here, but suffice to say it was there.

However, from talking with Faraday one of the questions I asked was about fake claims, and according to him such a wording might also be present in a fake claim if such a fake claim existed.

So, my gut reaction is that he could be town because of this, but there is enough doubt or perhaps preparation involved that it could be a false positive or intended to give scum a measure of protection by having fake claims that are similar to town PMs.

Because of this I don't prefer an Inq lynch, but if it comes down to it I'll vote.

For the town:

I have town reads on MacLock

Semi-town reads on Inq (because of the before mentioned), and maybe Percy (based on his entrance, and discounting Bog's lurking)

Neutral reads on Mina, Seacore, and Button (for now)

Scummy reads on Locke and Raiv

And still view the new Confucius (formerly MaB and Flutter) as my scummiest read.
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Confucius »

I have read the game twice – once without knowing my role, and once while knowing my role.

I am indeed Sandor Clegane. I have also read the entire A Song of Ice and Fire series.

MacavityLock is scum. “Safe” hardly begins to describe his play. He bends with the breeze. He is playing to avoid offending players. I encourage those who have not done so to read his posts in isolation – he essentially takes no original stances. His only truly original stance: (i) his attack on The Inquisition for his role-claim, and (ii) his defense of himself.
MacavityLock, Post 371 wrote:There's something that seems off about this though. Inq doesn't make much sense as a maf NK target.
This statement, above all others, is damning in my eyes. He is trying to distance from his own actions. MacavityLock is surely the player who tried to kill The Inquisition last night, and now he is trying to lynch him instead.

Vote: MacavityLock
FoS: TheButtonMen

When deciding whether to vote a claimed Cop, the question is: Would you follow them if they claimed a guilty result? Even before reading my role, my answer was “no.” Everything about TheButtonMen's claim – and even his N1 result – is convenient. That said, I would like to give him another night just in case I change my mind overnight.

Kinetic is currently my third suspect. He speaks much of himself early on. Yet a superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. His actions thus far have largely been to attack those who are unlikely to defend themselves.
"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger."
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Seacore »

I like this confucius fellow. I feel he's already adding to the game. Just like Percy did.

Good job boys and good job Farday for finding good replacements.

I am now for either a Mac or Inq lynch.

Con, I would like to hear your thoughts on the Inq cases.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Faraday »

Day 2.12 vote-count. The
"
Winter will never come for the likes of us. Should we die in battle, they will surely sing of us, and it’s always summer in the songs. In the songs all knights are gallant, all maids are beautiful, and the sun is always shining
"
votecount.

Seacore (1) [The Inquisition,]
Percy (3) [Mina, Raivann, Locke Lamora]
Confucius (1) [Kinetic]
MacavityLock (2) [TheButtonMen, Confucius]
The Inquistion (2) [Percy, Seacore]
Not voting: (1) [MacavityLock]

Deadline: March 25th @ 6pm GMT.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Seacore »

Oh, I meant to respond to Kinetic's post.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to discuss with faraday.

However, the end result is null.

A) It was a coincidence
B) He got it from his Pro town PM
C) He got it from his fake claim PM (if there was one)

So it tells us nothing. Please ignore it.
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Confucius »

Seacore, Post 578 wrote:Con, I would like to hear your thoughts on the Inq cases.
Claiming “abilities” is null in this game. The timing of his claim, while under absolutely no pressure, makes me believe his ability. I do not care if he is 1-Shot, 2-Shot, or infinite shot. The only question is his alignment.

Given the timing, I believe The Inquisition is either Town or Serial Killer. Either way, I believe somebody tried to kill him last night. Whoever that somebody is is probably scum.

I believe that scum are much more likely to be pushing a lynch on The Inquisition. After all, if you cannot nightkill him, you may as well lynch him. I believe that at the very least, MacavityLock tried to kill The Inquisition last night. If he has a partner, it is surely Kinetic. If there is a third partner, that player is likely taking an opposite stance.

That should suffice.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Confucius wrote:MacavityLock is scum. “Safe” hardly begins to describe his play. He bends with the breeze. He is playing to avoid offending players. I encourage those who have not done so to read his posts in isolation – he essentially takes no original stances. His only truly original stance: (i) his attack on The Inquisition for his role-claim, and (ii) his defense of himself.
Confucius, I have asked quite a few original questions, to Raiv, to Mina, to Inq, to Seacore. Maybe not everyone finds them useful, but I do.
Confucius wrote:Given the timing, I believe The Inquisition is either Town or Serial Killer. Either way, I believe somebody tried to kill him last night. Whoever that somebody is is probably scum.
Why "Given the timing"? Also, why is that somebody probably scum?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Confucius »

Asking questions is not equivalent to taking stances. Your play this game has been merely to insinuate that you are suspicious of people, except for your attack on The Inquisition. I do not feel that you
actually
suspect anybody. And that is the mindset of scum.

"Given the timing" means I do not see why Mafia would claim 2-Shot Bulletproof at the beginning of Day Two without provocation. I also doubt that Mafia would have such an ability at all. That leaves Serial Killer or Town.

Based upon that information:

If The Inquisition is a Serial Killer, then the person who tried to kill him was almost certainly Mafia, and hence the Mafia are trying to lynch him today for fear that they are cross-killed overnight.

If The Inquisition is Town, then the person who tried to kill him was almost certainly Mafia or Serial Killer. This is because there is little reason to give a Townsperson a bulletproof – much less a 2-Shot bulletproof ability – if there is only one scumgroup. Finally, nobody has claimed responsibility for shooting The Inquisition, which dissuades me from believing a Vigilante is responsible.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Raivann »

Unvote, Vote:MacavityLock
I agree with Confucius
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Percy »

Raivann wrote:
Vote:Percy
Wow. I call you out for buddying to Inq, and you re-vote me after unvoting me, without explaining anything at all? Why did you unvote? Why did you re-vote? Why didn't you answer my questions?

I like Confuscius. I particularly like his reads on TheButtonmen and on Kinetic. I need to re-read ML before making up my mind on his read there, which I will do in the next day or so.

I think Raivann is looking like a very good lynch also, but nothing has persuaded me to move my vote from The Inquisition.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Seacore »

I'm interested in Con's point about the Inq - Mac dynamic.
If I read it correctly, he seems to be suggesting that they are unlikely to be scum buddies.

Con, is that a correct read?

If so, what do other people think?
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Confucius »

Seacore, Post 586 wrote:I'm interested in Con's point about the Inq - Mac dynamic.
If I read it correctly, he seems to be suggesting that they are unlikely to be scum buddies.

Con, is that a correct read?
Correct.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Seacore »

Obviously with a mafia/SK dynamic they can both still be scum, so the scum flip of one does not clear the other.

But yes, what do other people think?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

OK, I can see now that it's time to nip this in the bud. Mina's almost certainly going to vote me at this point, and I want us to have time for all necessary discussion before deadline. I have been trying to prevent this all day, but Conficius did too good a job of ferreting out my breadcrumb.

I am Theon Greyjoy, Vig.

My first breadcrumb:
MacavityLock wrote:But if Helio doesn't lynched, he needs a right vigging.
Had he not been lynched, I would have vigged Heilo.

I also claim the Inq kill. And I was being as obvious about it as I could be without actually claiming vig.

I chose to kill Inq because I was looking towards D1 lurkers, and he seemed scummiest of the group I identified.

My kill method is "pierced through the heart with an arrow". Theon is a well-known archer: A GRRM-approved miniature. Sadly, the kill didn't go through, or else you would have seen it. However, I still know quite a few things because of this.

The scum likely all have different kill methods, and those kill methods are likely tied to the character.

Because of this, 1) This is how I picked out Raiv's tell of calling out different kill methods for different scum groups.

2) Scum almost certainly have fake name-claims, as the mod would not want scum to be outed by their kill method alone.

3) Had my kill gone through, I would have been easily identified as someone with a kill.

2 and 3 combine to provide the reason that I was adamant against a nameclaim on D1.

As for why I've been so hesitant to vote, it's just that. Given only 1 successful kill last night, it doesn't look like we have a SK. Given that bulletproof is more commonly a SK perk, I've been strugging with whether or not I think that Inq-maf would have bulletproof-ness. The fact that he claimed 2x BP didn't sit well with me, but there was still that doubt. Over the course of the day, neither Bogre nor Raiv reached Inq's level of scummy for me, so I didn't feel right about voting one of them when I was more suspicious of Inq.

However,
Vote: Raiv
. He has failed to answer questions, there is the kill method tell, and as the final straw, has taken an easy route in putting himself on my wagon. If I had a second vote, it would go to The Inq. I'm done with his lack of response to the questions put forth, and his 546 is awful. (P.S.
@mod,
it's almost time for an Inq prod.)
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Seacore »

Actually, I just had a flash of thought, and maybe this is overlooking somethink that negates it, but

Con, you say that you believe Inq's ability claim, because he was under no pressure when he made it. But what if it was just a balsy move.

Think about it, what if Inq is mafia. And thinks, "we killed Xvart last night, there was no other death, there probably isn't an SK. So I'm going to get people hunting a SK to give us a little bit of a smoke screen. He then, for flavour, decides to make his limited too, to tie in with Button's claim. Instead of a one shot BP he gives himself a second one to discourage any Vig that finds him suspicious, if one exists."

Whether Inq is doing this or not, I think it's brilliant and will do something like this one day when I'm scum.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Seacore »

Ninja'd by Mac, (for context)
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Seacore »

Okay, with Mac's post, I'm happy with him surviving a day.

When the original name claims were posted, I remember noting to myself that Theon would make a good SK, but I suppose he's equally likely to be a good Vig, thematically.

So I think it comes down to Inq vs Raiv

I don't think anybody is as hugely scummy as the two of them.

I don't like Buttonmen either, but I'm happy to give him one more night too.

Mac, in a 12 person game, I think it's unlikely the scum have a protection ability. I would like you to nominate who you are going to kill.

Personally, I think it would be best if you kill Raivann and we lynch Inq.

Actually, how's that for a plan.

Vote Inq, Vig raivan? Aye or Nay

That way, even if Mac's an SK he's working for us.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Seacore wrote:When the original name claims were posted, I remember noting to myself that Theon would make a good SK, but I suppose he's equally likely to be a good Vig, thematically.
One important point here: This is A Game of Thrones mafia, not ASOIAF mafia. Throughout AGoT, Theon's a good guy.

Also, remember that since kills are tied to character, if I'm SK, I would have had a fake name claim.

I'd rather not say who I'm going to vig before night, given the likelihood of a maf RB. If a majority of the town wants me to though, I will.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Seacore »

One important point here: This is A Game of Thrones mafia, not ASOIAF mafia. Throughout AGoT, Theon's a good guy.
I'm not happy relying on this, it's been brought up before. I'm not certain every quote that Farday has used has been out of the first book. If someone can prove that to me, I"ll be happier, but still not content. That's not a way I'm looking to attempt to out guess the mod.
And even so, Theon is an arsehole, and totally a potential SK, even in AGOT.

As for your fake name claim comment
A) You may have chosen not to use a fake name claim
B) Scum may not have been given a fake name

Yes, there may be an RB, maybe giving you a choice of 1 out of 2 vig targets then... I'm not happy with you have free reign. Happy to have others weigh in on this.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Seacore »

Sorry, just to confirm what I said. The 2.2 Vote Count quote alone is from Storm of Swords. So I'm defnitely not happy with this "only the first book" stuff people have been bringing up.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Vote count quotes haven't been, but all flavor ("chapters") have been set at King's Landing during Book 1. I understand not wanting to completely trust this, but I just want everyone to be aware of it.
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Confucius »

MacavityLock, please convince me that you are a Vigilante as opposed to scum trying to pass yourself off as a Vigilante. Your play in this game leads me to believe you are the latter. I judge people by their play, not solely their claims. What in your play makes you Town?

You point to a crumb while ignoring the rest of your quote.
MacavityLock, Post 303 wrote:I'm still for lynching Buttonmen. But if Helio doesn't lynched, he needs a right vigging.
This leads me to believe that if you were actually a Vigilante, you would have vigged TheButtonMen overnight after Heliograph was lynched. This is made more apparent since your last posts of Day One all attack TheButtonMen.

Instead, you tried to kill The Inquisition. You did this despite the fact that you never once talked about The Inquisition on Day One. Why kill him then? Killing players you never talk about is an excellent way to dissociate a kill from yourself.

Finally, your first post of Day Two was:
MacavityLock, Post 356 wrote:Rai, why question The Inquisition specifically to start the day?
This makes me believe you were trying to preemptively paint Raivann as being the person who targeted The Inquisition, since you knew your kill on him had failed. This does seem like something a Vigilante would do. It strikes me as words from a guilty conscience.
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Confucius »

Confucius wrote:This does seem like something a Vigilante would do.
This is clearly meant to read:

This does
not
seem like something a Vigilante would do.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Confucius wrote:You point to a crumb while ignoring the rest of your quote.
MacavityLock, Post 303 wrote:I'm still for lynching Buttonmen. But if Helio doesn't lynched, he needs a right vigging.
This leads me to believe that if you were actually a Vigilante, you would have vigged TheButtonMen overnight after Heliograph was lynched. This is made more apparent since your last posts of Day One all attack TheButtonMen.
That quote in 303 came before Buttonmen claimed Cop. Once he claimed cop, my questions were all geared towards figuring out whether or not I should vig him overnight, but it would have taken a
lot
of scummy from him to get me to. A claimed and un-counter-claimed cop needs to stay alive for at least a little while.
Confucius wrote:Instead, you tried to kill The Inquisition. You did this despite the fact that you never once talked about The Inquisition on Day One. Why kill him then? Killing players you never talk about is an excellent way to dissociate a kill from yourself.
Buttonmen was far and away the most scummy to me on Day 1. Given that he was off-limits, I looked to scummy lurkers.
Confucius, with your edit wrote:Finally, your first post of Day Two was:
MacavityLock, Post 356 wrote:Rai, why question The Inquisition specifically to start the day?
This makes me believe you were trying to preemptively paint Raivann as being the person who targeted The Inquisition, since you knew your kill on him had failed. This does not seem like something a Vigilante would do. It strikes me as words from a guilty conscience.
Given that I knew that I had attempted to kill Inq, it seemed very strange that Raiv had chosen to question him specifically. Why wouldn't I have questioned it?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”