Mini 891 - British Comedy Mafia (Game Over)

DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:45 am

Post by DeathSauce »

If it turns out that imaginality and Snow_Bunny are the remaining scum in this game, I will just take my hat off to them because they will have played it brilliantly. But I'm still pretty firmly in the scum-mason camp. I need more players in that camp.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:47 am

Post by imaginality »

Snow_Bunny, are you a normal doc or another one-shot role?

I reread the day 1 play, and with the way Chinaman put himself forward to be stumped, combined with some of their comments when deadline was approaching leading up to revealing BC as his partner, I believe the mason claim. The timing of Chinaman's claim makes no sense as scum, he was under no pressure at that time and claiming if anything increased the suspicions against him.

I also think Snow_Bunny's doc role is more or less proven (I've seen scum-aligned docs occasionally, but never a scum doc with investigation immunity, and if scum deliberately no-killed to set up a doc fake-claim, I don't think she would have left it quite this late today to come out with it).

So, I have to agree with DGB, the scumteam is DS and Faraday.

Just to be sure though, I'm going to
unvote
until the masons answer my questions above, and in particular put their discussions into this thread because there's no reason why they shouldn't, since it should only make us surer they're telling the truth.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:58 am

Post by imaginality »

Snow_Bunny, are you a normal doc or another one-shot role?
EBWOP: I wouldn't normally ask that, for obvious reasons, but if we mislynch or no-lynch it's not going to matter now anyhow. I'm just curious.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Faraday »

Vote DGB
since it's pretty obvious snow is telling the truth.

Be back in a bit.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Faraday »

Bleh there's not a whole lot from day 1 to inicate china/bc aren't masons. I know they're not, but I don't see anything from the day to indicate it.

Also in terms of possible set-up's

1-shot cop/stumper/doc/masons is way overpowered for town. That's 5 power roles out of 9 for the town. And the stumper/cop/doc are sorta provable and confirmed town masons act pretty much as a 1-shot cop by themselves. Take out the masons and it leaves 3 power roles, which is pretty much the standard for most mini games afaik.

The set-up is crazy if it's like that, unless scum have ridiculous powers, and from what we've seen they don't (iam flipped a goon)
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by imaginality »

Yeah, the set-up balance is the main thing that is making me still a little wary. It's part of the reason I'm keen to see the masons' daytalk before confirmng my decision.

On the other hand, if you and DS are scum, and one of you is say RB and the other GF, is it so unbalanced?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Faraday »

That's true, but sanhora wasn't blocked when he attempted to stump someone. In fact I thought it was obvious he was going to stump Deathsauce. So if the scum had a blocker they'd surely have blocked him that night? (in a ds scum scenario)

You'd claimed to be a 1-shot cop by this stage I think, hadn't you? Let me re-read the timeline.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by imaginality »

One other thought with the masons: if they are scum with daytalking abilities, it's reasonable to think they'd flip as 'scum mason' or something similar. E.g. in this game pops and elvis could daytalk and flipped as Mafia Mason.

I think if that's the case, BC would have been reluctant to get as close to being lynched as he did before claiming to be Chinaman's partner. A couple of votes (and this was within a day of deadline) and he could easily have been lynched before he had the chance to claim, and his scum mason flip would probably have spelled disaster for Chinaman too.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by imaginality »

No, scum thought I was a normal cop that night.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Sorry guys. Was stuck in between a flood and falling trees and stuffz liek that. I also have no time right now and will do/anwser stuff tomorrow or later today.
Vote: Deathsauce
FLASH OF GREEN
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Faraday »

imaginality wrote:One other thought with the masons: if they are scum with daytalking abilities, it's reasonable to think they'd flip as 'scum mason' or something similar. E.g. in this game pops and elvis could daytalk and flipped as Mafia Mason.

I think if that's the case, BC would have been reluctant to get as close to being lynched as he did before claiming to be Chinaman's partner. A couple of votes (and this was within a day of deadline) and he could easily have been lynched before he had the chance to claim, and his scum mason flip would probably have spelled disaster for Chinaman too.
What? Why are you assuming they'd flip scum masons. They're probably just scum fakeclaiming masons. I don't think they're actual masons and scum. Why not just assume scum with daytalk? It'd certainly be more likely as a role than scum (from same group) masons in general.

Also yeah you're right they thought you were and tried to kill you it seems, but that's the night the scum tried to kill you. So obviously you'd not be a roleblock target either. There's no reason scum wouldn't roleblock the known stumper, unless they thought he was gonna hit town.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Imaginality, if you look at China's claim (as I've said before) he is putting himself forward for the stump while still trying to get JL lynched before there is a chance for him to stump anyone. There is no consistency between those two actions.

That said, I'm not going to continue to hold the current players accountable for the players they replaced, it's a little unfair. Looking at their actions since replacing is scum-proof enough, I don't need to go back into 2009.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Still reading through.
Ort said no to a quicktopic copypasta though.
FLASH OF GREEN
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by ortolan »

Just to confirm, no-one can directly quote or pretend to directly quote from any outside-of-thread communication abilities they have (or don't have). They would need to paraphrase the contents. Timestamps may not be quoted either.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:04 am

Post by DeathSauce »

imaginality wrote: I think if that's the case, BC would have been reluctant to get as close to being lynched as he did before claiming to be Chinaman's partner. A couple of votes (and this was within a day of deadline) and he could easily have been lynched before he had the chance to claim, and his scum mason flip would probably have spelled disaster for Chinaman too.
I think you are exaggerating the danger BC was in. There were only a few players pushing BC (including, by the way, you). BC's claim at that point wasn't necessary to save himself, it was only necessary to get Budja lynched. Re-reading posts 600-650 is very enlightening, actually. Notice how China doesn't jump on the Budja wagon until after BC's claim?

Sorry, I know I said I wasn't going to talk about China/BC anymore, but I wanted to respond to that.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:10 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Imaginality, you said on the previous page that the only problem with my theory that the scum were hunting for the player that blocked their kill was the lack of a claimed doc. The very next post was SB claiming doc.

How do you now explain the masons play toward Fuzzy? That is the "nail in the coffin" that proves their scumminess to me. I'd like you explain that episode in a way that shows the masons as pro-town.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'll simplify.

Half the players in this 4-player list are scum.

Faraday danakillsu jasonT1981
Snow_Bunny
DeathSauce ConfidAnon
imaginality

Ellibereth Chinaman - TOWN
DrippingGoofball BloodCovenent Grandi - TOWN
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by imaginality »

imaginality wrote: DrippingGoofball:

(a) You said (iso post 15) "No, all early mason claims are accepted. Because once they claim, they won't make it to end game one way or another," and post 17 "no early mason claim needs to be challenged because masons don't make it to end game - they are NK'd or are lynched if the scum doesn't NK." Scum hasn't NKed you, so by your own logic should we not lynch you?

(b) Between Snow_Bunny and Faraday, who do you think is more likely DeathSauce's partner?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

imaginality wrote:Whatchya checking Ellibereth?
Checking with DGB that we were 100 on Deathsauce.
I was still nervous about Snow bunny GF with Fara.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Deathsauce's whole Fuzzy behavior thing is stupid and easy to explain.
I had a town read on Fuzzy since I replaced in.
DGB did the VoteAna with an overlap on Fuzzy.
He claims BP.
His claim looked fake as hell so we pressed him.
He retracted statement and said that he was Vanilla.
I believe him.
FLASH OF GREEN
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Ellibereth wrote:
imaginality wrote:Whatchya checking Ellibereth?
Checking with DGB that we were 100 on Deathsauce.
I was still nervous about Snow bunny GF with Fara.
Well, your partner seems to have backtracked and now seems to entertain the thought that players other than myself are scum, based on her last post.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I'll simplify further than her then!

All the players in this 2-player list are scum.

Faraday danakillsu jasonT1981
DeathSauce ConfidAnon

Ellibereth Chinaman - TOWN
DrippingGoofball BloodCovenent Grandi - TOWN
Imaginality - TOWN
Snow_Bunny - TOWN
FLASH OF GREEN
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by imaginality »

Do either you or DGB want to comment on question (a) in 1092?

Snow_Bunny, if you're around, which pair are you leaning towards as being the scum?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:19 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

imaginality wrote:Do either you or DGB want to comment on question (a) in 1092?
At this point, killing one mason confirms the other. Strategically, as long as the PAIR of us is alive, we can be thought of as mason-claiming scums. The scum is trying to exploit that. They don't want to kill me and confirm Elli. Or vice-versa.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:22 am

Post by DeathSauce »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
imaginality wrote:Do either you or DGB want to comment on question (a) in 1092?
At this point, killing one mason confirms the other. Strategically, as long as the PAIR of us is alive, we can be thought of as mason-claiming scums. The scum is trying to exploit that. They don't want to kill me and confirm Elli. Or vice-versa.
Parsing this post, it means you don't think I'm scum. Since I am actively trying to get you lynched, I must not be scum that is trying to keep you from getting killed. Since you don't think I am scum, why are you voting for me?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”