Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Seacore »

My issue with your statement is that it assumes Buttonmen is the scummiest of all.

I don't believe we have "nailed" scum.

I think that Buttonmen is scummy. But I also think Inq, Raiv and to a slightly lesser extent, Kinetic.

Given that Buttonmen is AS scummy as Inq and Raiv, his claim gives me a slight pause that I don't get from the other two.

I also have a problem with Mac NKing Inq being the best plan

There will be no difference (I assume) with a BP blocked Vig and a RB blocked Vig. So we won't know whether Inq is telling the truth, just from an unsuccessful kill.
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Confucius »

Then I shall be more plain.

I am an investigative role, but I am not a Cop. Given the amount of people already calling me Town after so few posts, I expect I would have been protected tonight anyways. I do not have any results concerning TheButtonmen, but I do still believe he is scum. I will not be going into detail about my role today since I find that completely unnecessary at this time.

Further, my plan is not that MacavityLock necessarily attempt to nightkill The Inquisition tonight. This is where suggestions come in. With any luck, my first suggestion (to kill Kinetic) is targeted towards scum. With such a combination, the scum are put in an awkward situation because they do not know what is going to happen overnight. He who does not know makes mistakes.

To make the situation even worse for scum, I will likely be using my investigative role on Kinetic, MacavityLock, or The Inquisition tonight. The best part about this plan is that if both MacavityLock and The Inquisition are legitimately Town, this plan is
hugely
detrimental to scum, as it will very likely result in us avoiding mislynching two very powerful Town roles. On the other hand, if one or both of them are scum, they should be caught by tomorrow.

By any stretch of the imagination, TheButtonMen has not claimed a role worth saving or testing any further. It is time for him to die.
"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger."
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Seacore »

Okay, I'm satisfied by this.

unvote. Vote Button
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Raivann »

I'm down for a buttonmen lynch.
unvote, Vote:TheButtonmen

Sorry my posts have been terrible lately, I've been hanging with gf, watching NCAA basketball(go Huskies!) and playing Bioshock2.

I unvoted and revoted Percy because I felt like it. Little confused on who scum team is. Confucius has good idea's , welcome btw!

Confucius and Mina are so town.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Confucius, you should be aware that if Button is our lynch, I will almost certainly be using my kill on either Raiv or Inq, not Kin.

Also, look at that Raiv post. Just look at it.

(Also also, boo on those Huskies. My Cal Bears deserved better than getting booted in the 2nd round by Duke.)
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Confucius »

MacavityLock, Post 629 wrote:Confucius, you should be aware that if Button is our lynch, I will almost certainly be using my kill on either Raiv or Inq, not Kin.
Duly noted.

In that case, my investigation for tonight will likely revolve around you, The Inquisition, Raivann, or Kinetic.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Back from V / LA: Doing catch up reading but this gem jumped out when I opened the thread.
Confucius wrote:I am an investigative role, but I am not a Cop. Given the amount of people already calling me Town after so few posts, I expect I would have been protected tonight anyways. I do not have any results concerning TheButtonmen, but I do still believe he is scum.
Lulwhut? I'm calling bullocks on that. You need to Full Claim that. If your town you already said enough that you got all the disadvantages of a full claim; If your scum you have a fuck ton of wiggle room with that claim.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Raivann »

Are you gonna invite me over for a 'Red Wedding" Maclock?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by Seacore »

Like you did? You refused to tell us what the limiting feature of your ability is, why should Con?
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Seacore wrote:Like you did? You refused to tell us what the limiting feature of your ability is, why should Con?
Wrong. I claimed all the relevant parts; A) I'm a cop, B) I am not a full cop, C) My limitation will result in me getting No Result not a false one, D) As the game progresses my limitation increases.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Seacore »

I still declare you haven't full claimed, so don't cry when other people don't do it either.

Fact is, the reason why we believe Con and don't believe you has nothing to do with the claim, its because he's been contributing, you've done crap all.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Seacore wrote:I still declare you haven't full claimed, so don't cry when other people don't do it either.

Fact is, the reason why we believe Con and don't believe you has nothing to do with the claim, its because he's been contributing, you've done crap all.
I don't give a crap about people believing him more then me; his "claim" is suspcious as all hell.
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Confucius »

TheButtonmen wrote:Back from V / LA: Doing catch up reading but this gem jumped out when I opened the thread.
Confucius wrote:I am an investigative role, but I am not a Cop. Given the amount of people already calling me Town after so few posts, I expect I would have been protected tonight anyways. I do not have any results concerning TheButtonmen, but I do still believe he is scum.
Lulwhut? I'm calling bullocks on that. You need to Full Claim that. If your town you already said enough that you got all the disadvantages of a full claim; If your scum you have a fuck ton of wiggle room with that claim.
I will say this. I am either a Tracker variant or a Watcher variant. I knew that MacavityLock targeted The Inquisition last night because I either tracked MacavityLock, or I watched The Inquisition. After reading the thread, I put two and two together and decided MacavityLock was scum. After rereading the game at MacavityLock's request, I can now see an argument for him being a Vigilante.

Reading my posts should make this painfully obvious. Also, even before I entered the game, flutter hinted about being suspicious of MacavityLock, which was undoubtedly prompted by the Night One result.

The reason I will not clarify which role I am is because scum have to work around Watchers and Trackers very differently. If I am a Watcher, scum merely need to avoid killing or role-blocking the obvious choices. If I am a Tracker, then I can very easily confirm town actions, or catch a particular player in a lie, so scum could send 'unlikely' scummates to do their bidding for the night.

I also have an implied restriction (which is why I say I am a variant), but it may not be one of any consequence.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Mina »

I feel as though the tides have just turned. :D

Is it possible Faraday gave us two investigative roles? I'm honestly not sure. Your claim makes Button look a lot shadier.

(I remember I had a WTF reaction to Flutter claiming that a cop shouldn't counterclaim Button because "there might be two investigation roles." But in hindsight, it must have been a breadcrumb. I suppose it bolsters Confucius's claim.)

I've been in a quandary, because my top two suspects today have been a claimed cop and a claimed vig. Now I can stop being wimpy.

MacavityLock, Buttonmen, and Confucius are almost certainly not on the same team, based on ML and Button trying to lynch each other and Confucius trying to lynch both. So no matter who we lynch, we can be sure that a RB will be tied up if there is one.

MacLock, I suppose a vig might have made a suboptimal kill on N1. And I have a bad track record of getting horribly tunnelvisioned on townies, so I could be wrong. (Believe it or not, I'm not actually 100% sure of your guilt; I just act like it sometimes.) The one thing I find hard to swallow is why you didn't say anything in Inquisition's defence when people were trying to lynch him. I can see you believing Inquisition was BP scum. But why did you let people think he was lying about his claim? You're saying the Mafia NK line was a breadcrumb...but when I read it at the time, my impression was that you doubted Inq's story (because the Mafia would have never targeted him). I don't think you
outright
said you didn't believe Inq was really bulletproof, but you sure as hell implied it.

That said...I've just realized something. Even if MacavityLock
is
scum, he'll now be held accountable for his kill. We know that at the very least, he isn't part of the team that killed xvart. It's in his own best interests to take out the other scum team. And if he targeted Inquisition (which Confucius has just confirmed), he was clearly aiming for shady characters even before his reveal.

Buttonmen's results are unconfirmable, but at least MacavityLock will behave like a real vig regardless of his alignment.

In other words, you're our bitch now. :twisted: *cracks whip*

Ack, indecision! I'm leaning toward a vote on Buttonmen, but we have three days left. Since I've been so focused on MacavityLock, I'd like to reread a few players before putting Button at L-2...

...Heh. Talk about ironic. Now I'm the one with no vote up.
MacavityLock wrote:Also, look at that Raiv post. Just look at it.
Oh my God. First I agree with Buttonmen...NOW I AGREE WITH MACAVITYLOCK! EEK, THE APOCALYPSE IS HERE! *has heart attack*

Raivann...please explain just why you "felt" like revoting Percy? Why do and/or did you suspect him?

And I'm flattered you think I'm town and all, but didn't you hear what Confucius said about painting targets on people's backs? You keep on agreeing with all my suspects and following my cases. It makes me wonder if you're kissing up to me.

Seriously, I've been defending you all day, and even I'm starting to wonder if I should vote you instead of Buttonmen. You're in danger of a lynch or vig. Step it up a little. Who are your suspects? Stop following the town.

By the way, why is Locke Lamora's vote still on Percy? He doesn't even seem to suspect Percy--in fact, he agreed with Percy's Raivann case. I find him extremely passive and sheepy.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Raivann »

The only problem I have with Buttonmen lynch is that he was the first one to claim he had a limited PR.
Now The Inq. and Confucius both also claim to have a limited PR of some sort.
How would he know that ?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Just to note. I really want to get back into this game, but right now my life is REALLY hectic. It'll clear up after April 1st at the latest, and most likely starting after Thursday I'll have a lot more time on my hands, but a few things are just piling down on my and I can't help but take them as priority.

unvote
For now. I realize with the splurge of posts I have some things I need to respond to, and I'm not trying to dodge that responsibility, but right now I just don't have the time to post much more than this.

I'll keep an eye on the thread when I get a spare moment so I can vote again before deadline if my vote is needed. Raiv/Locke are still my preferred lynches, but I'll go with the majority if needs be to secure a lynch.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Raivann »

Mina wrote: MacLock, I suppose a vig might have made a suboptimal kill on N1. And I have a bad track record of getting horribly tunnelvisioned on townies, so I could be wrong. (Believe it or not, I'm not actually 100% sure of your guilt; I just act like it sometimes.) The one thing I find hard to swallow is why you didn't say anything in Inquisition's defence when people were trying to lynch him. I can see you believing Inquisition was BP scum. But why did you let people think he was lying about his claim? You're saying the Mafia NK line was a breadcrumb...but when I read it at the time, my impression was that you doubted Inq's story (because the Mafia would have never targeted him). I don't think you outright said you didn't believe Inq was really bulletproof, but you sure as hell implied it.
Kinetic also seemed to believe that The Inq got targeted but not to believe his claim.

There's no good reason why I unvoted then voted Percy, I just couldn't decide wether I wanted to vote him or not. But believe or not I'm moving my vote again.
I'm wondering could The Inq, Buttonmen, and Confucius all be telling the truth and are PRs all have some limiting factor.

So here's me stepping it up..
Scumteam= Kinetic, Percy
SK= MacLock

unvote, Vote:MacacityLock
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Mina wrote:MacavityLock, Buttonmen, and Confucius are almost certainly not on the same team, based on ML and Button trying to lynch each other and Confucius trying to lynch both.
Scum-team? Town-team? Either?
Mina wrote:The one thing I find hard to swallow is why you didn't say anything in Inquisition's defence when people were trying to lynch him. I can see you believing Inquisition was BP scum. But why did you let people think he was lying about his claim?
I don't remember anyone saying that they didn't think that Inq was BP. Maybe Seacore brought it up once? As far as I can tell, everyone else was trying to figure out whether or not he was lying about his BP count.
Mina wrote:You're saying the Mafia NK line was a breadcrumb...but when I read it at the time, my impression was that you doubted Inq's story (because the Mafia would have never targeted him). I don't think you
outright
said you didn't believe Inq was really bulletproof, but you sure as hell implied it.
Now that you say it, I can see how that could be a misinterpretation of what I was saying. I didn't even think of that.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by Raivann »

How was pointing out night kill flavor a scumslip?

If anything it made me believe The Inq more and helped in figuring out if we had multiple factions or not.
Doesn't that help the town?

Maclock needs a proper lynchin'
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:38 pm

Post by Raivann »

Who would want to kill a BP townie more, a Vig or Scum?
Why does Mac wanna try and kill The inq again?and again

So our Vig wants to shoot BP SK again tonight ?
Is that what I'm supposed to believe?

And we got 3 other limited PR's. I think there is no vig and Mac is scum.
Out of the four claimed PR's, his claim doesn't fit.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I think it's unlikely that we have a cop, watcher/tracker, bulletproof, vig and double voter all on town's side, even if some of them are limited. If we do then scum likely have at least a couple of PRs of their own to interfere with those. I think this situation provides greater potential for testing claims than we would otherwise have had and I'm inclined towards letting Mac, Buttonmen, Confucius and Inq live for today so that we can see how things play out tonight. Chances are we'll get some useful information and at least a better indication of who might be lying.

I was ready to vote for Raivann but his recent thought about Buttonmen claiming a limited PR reads more like town trying to figure out the claims to me.

Mina: the only reason my vote is still on Percy is because I'm trying to figure out where else to put it and I forgot to just unvote. Yes, I did find myself agreeing with him and I think he's approached the game in a fairly pro-town manner, a lot of his reads and conclusions make sense to me. I'd like to hear what he thinks of the latest development from Con and Raivann's most recent contributions. Why do you think Mac, Button and Con can't all be town?

Before I forget again:

Unvote

Need to think about this some more.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Post by Raivann »

How 'bout we lynch Kinetic, have MacLock shoot Percy, then after those two flip scum we lynch Mac.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:23 pm

Post by Raivann »

Kinetic wrote: Most likely you are almost all power roles of some sort, that is why so many of you are so rabidly against any name claim. You think it will out you or such. That isn't likely to happen because of the setting many names lend themselves to MANY different roles.
Kinetic used to think we were all power roles of some sort. Wouldn't that mean that we would have to count him as a PR too? He could have been saying this as VT to draw NK, but i think not. I think he was setting himself up for a PR claim later.

I'm basing alot of reads right now on The Inq. telling the truth. I just dont see the scum motivation in him claiming he was targeted at the beginning of D2.
Having Confucius claiming limited PR makes me believe The Inq more too.

Kinetic and MacLock have been all over The Inq and I feel a Kinetic vote comin my way soon.
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:49 pm

Post by Confucius »

Raivann, Post 641 wrote:I'm wondering could The Inq, Buttonmen, and Confucius all be telling the truth and are PRs all have some limiting factor.
If you are insistent on making such conjecture, I will reiterate that my role merely has an implied restriction -- I do not actually know if I have one. The one thing Sandor Clegane will not approach is fire. The Mod has been less than helpful in clarifying whether any "fire" actually exists or existed in this game.

I do not think this is a limitation similar to claiming X-Shot, or a role whose "limitation increases as the game goes on," seeing as this may not in actuality be a limitation at all.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:08 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

The more claims we get the more Maclocks claim of being a straight up Vig stands out. Everyone else has some limitation except for him.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”