Mafia 110: Mafia in Hell, Michigan (Tied.)

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Ythan »

Who did what to whom?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:29 am

Post by Konowa »

farside just crossgamed.
Do not mind her.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Konowa »

On second thought, maybe she is not?
farside, clarify please.
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:49 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm referring to what SIR talked about doing here
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 45&start=0

Riken's actions towards me feel like what SIR did in the game he talks about there.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Ythan »

His insults are not chauvinistic at least.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:12 am

Post by farside22 »

Ythan wrote:His insults are not chauvinistic at least.
True like I said it was a feeling I had. The giggle comments, the hypocrisy, the needling just sounds like desperate scum trying to cause negative reaction from a town player.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Riddick
Riddick
Goon
Riddick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:16 am

Post by Riddick »

farside22 wrote:I'm referring to what SIR talked about doing here
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 45&start=0

Riken's actions towards me feel like what SIR did in the game he talks about there.
They're not at all similar in terms of severity though. I mean, yeah she's been somewhat condescending an rude but she's not called you retarded or some of the stuff that 'the doctor' did in that game.

The manner she's going about it in is scummy though.

Farside I couldn't find the quote where it seemed jbernier knew the town win con, what made you think he did? I didn't see it reading him in iso.
[spoiler]LOST[/spoiler]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:19 am

Post by farside22 »

@Riddick: I refer to this post here:
jbernier93 wrote:Farside, I love you.
crypto wrote:
farside22 wrote:I'm offically capatilizing on a slip from someone who stated that WRP was paraphrasing a town PM when in fact there was nothing close to that being the town win condition and Crypto didn't recognize it means scum.
(condescending sigh)
WRP_Beater wrote:I win with the town.
Obviously farside's whole argument against you just went over your head.

Anyway
vote: horrordude
Now it could be scum hinting towards a scum buddy about what I'm saying or it's town that knows and understands where I'm going. It's why I find his vote on horror just baffling here too.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Ythan »

He's condescending and rude in addition to not contributing anything or accounting for himself. Scratch "in addition to", how about "in order to avoid".
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Konowa »

unvote;
vote Lowell
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:04 am

Post by jbernier93 »

Staying on RFWM. I don't like the supposed "I've been playing on gut 94% of this game" concept. Could be legit, but could also not be. Frankly his play is scummy and generally seems to be attempting to fly under the radar.
0/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1tquUo2ng ^Watch this hilarious speech by someone in my Public Speaking class
Riddick
Riddick
Goon
Riddick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Riddick »

jbernier93 wrote:Staying on RFWM. I don't like the supposed "I've been playing on gut 94% of this game" concept. Could be legit, but could also not be. Frankly his play is scummy and generally seems to be attempting to fly under the radar.
I tend to agree with this actually, despite jbernier being a suspect of mine.
[spoiler]LOST[/spoiler]
RayFrostWikiManager
RayFrostWikiManager
Townie
RayFrostWikiManager
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by RayFrostWikiManager »

Dear Mafia in Hell,
I really am just not cut out for large normals. I'm never, ever going to /in for one again. I'm sorry for the antitown distraction I've caused. I hope some of my contributions have actually helped somewhat, but meh, that's doubtful. This is also probably my last game on this account.

Please don't lynch (unless they get scummier):
Ythan
farside22
Riddick
Unsight
Kison

unvote

Good luck, and may we lynch right today.

My gut read of the day says to look at Konowa. Just go take 5 minutes and iso him or something.

Anyways, yeah, sorry for failing! I hope my replacement is awesome enough to deal with the 87 page read and get something good out of it!

/out

Have a nice rest of the game, time on MS, & life.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Netopalis »

And, with that, Nachomamma replaces RayFrostWikiManager.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Damn right he's awesome enough.

But an 87 page read? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Time to get started...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Netopalis »

My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Lowell »

I'll switch to jb at deadline if needed. Rik looks worse with every post, though. Try a pbp look and see if you don't agree.
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:14 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

lol, Net. lol.
//wrists, i.e., T_T

*is done with page 25, plans to finish by tomorrow, will be
V/LA Friday to Sunday
Sorry if things have already been answered. I don't have time to ISO as much as I want while reading just yet. DedicatedScribe, Lowell, farside, MoleStargazer all feel like neutral town at this point. Rikenslope feels more neutral than the above four, but I'm leaning town as of page 26. Also, re: Rikenslope, the dude has a newborn. Congrats! But does that mean he really has enough time to play? Replace, imo, unless he has proven otherwise since page 25.

Note: I read "re:" as "on the subject of," so I suggest you replace as necessary while reading:

Currently looking into Riddick and Ythan. Lurkers will get more attention later.

Somewhere between pages 10 and 13 (ish) I began getting a little wary of Ythan. It might be confirmation bias, but knowing that Crypto and Dr. Cyanide were scum, Crypto's interactions with Dr. Cyanide and Ythan appear a bit similar. Hopefully I'll have time to clarify this later. I'm trying to rush through some of my notes to get a coherent post up before I get to bed; it's late. Anyway, re: Ythan:

post 383: Votes DS. Is this a pressure vote? If it is, the last line of 383 appears to back that explanation. If this is the case, why did Ythan do this? Earlier, he (? I think it was him anyway) said something like it wasn't as effective to pressure when you let the guy know it's pressure. I agree with that idea, btw.

post 401: "OMGUS?" When responding to horror's vote of crypto. I don't understand the need to question whether it was OMGUS specifically when crypto had been bullshitting the case quite a bit already.

post 433: "what was beater done that was scummy?" feels odd, and I don't feel like rereading the posts around WRP's entrance to see if it was actually Ythan who called him out on convenient timing. It might have been crypto? Idk. Mainly I want to see if this was a contradiction to something Ythan said earlier. If I'm wrong on my hunch that it was, without rereading, then this point is moot.

RFWM says in post 469, in response to Rich: "only person having requested you claim was Ythan" (post ??? (wanted to find the post # of Ythan requesting this, I should really ISO to make this post better)) So Ythan requested that Rich claim, and then later jumped down his throat for saying it was wrong to claim at L-5? WTF? Also, knowing that Rich's claim was real, it makes sense that he would claim at L-5 if he's only played minis, or games with 12 players. In this game, D1 requires 11 to lynch, so L-5 means he'd have 6 votes. In a game with 12 players, D1 requires 7 to lynch, so 6 votes means he'd be at L-1 in a mini. Not too hard to fathom this mistake, but claiming at L-5 is stupid.

Ythan 471: Where did his suspicions of DS go?? At this point I notice Ythan seems a bit jumpy. If these aren't pressure votes, it's giving me scum vibes.

Ythan's post 536 vs post 529 looks like a contradiction.

My main problem with Riddick is his fake "Daykill" on page 21. Is fake daykilling everyone until all the power roles have been outed all scum has to do to win the game? Riddick, why did you fake a daykill? That action, because it wasn't actually a daykill, feels a lot like rolefishing. Otherwise, it's just a wtf post that should've been a vote. Then after WRP claims VT Riddick votes for him. Doesn't make any sense, considering WRP seems to play rather oddly/newbish to begin with. What if WRP had been a PR? My view of his play was that he was a turbonewb, largely due to his manner of posting (paraphrase: "This is New York, isn't that only Newbie Games?") and his "convenient entrance" I've mentioned. Putting myself in scum shoes, would I know WRP would react thus if I faked a daykill?

FoS: Ythan

Vote: Riddick

Will continue reading pages 26-87 tomorrow. I'll try to keep up with the current progression of the topic at the same time.
Need [color=blue]0[/color] replacement(s) for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13188]Mini 911[/url].
Riddick
Riddick
Goon
Riddick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:55 am

Post by Riddick »

Well dragonfly's reasons are a whole lotta bad, let's examine why.
Dragonfly13 wrote:
My main problem with Riddick is his fake "Daykill" on page 21. Is fake daykilling everyone until all the power roles have been outed all scum has to do to win the game?
Herp derp. This is obviously not a plausible scenario in anyway at all.
Riddick, why did you fake a daykill?

B/c I've seen scum caught with it before and thought it was a good way to test his reactions. I'd have thought that was obvious.
That action, because it wasn't actually a daykill, feels a lot like rolefishing. Otherwise, it's just a wtf post that should've been a vote.
It wasn't intended to rolefish. It was intended to see what reactions would come mainly from wrp himself and then maybe other players too. If it should've been a vote it would have been. Please don't explain how to play the game to me. I understand most of the basics :roll:
Then after WRP claims VT Riddick votes for him.
Wow SHOCKINGLY I didn't believe him. God I know rit???
Doesn't make any sense, considering WRP seems to play rather oddly/newbish to begin with.
I'd say he played scummy actually hence the fase daykill. Me not voting him for not liking his reaction doesn't make sense how? protip: it does make sense
What if WRP had been a PR? My view of his play was that he was a turbonewb, largely due to his manner of posting (paraphrase: "This is New York, isn't that only Newbie Games?") and his "convenient entrance" I've mentioned. Putting myself in scum shoes, would I know WRP would react thus if I faked a daykill?
Your view is clearly biased since you replaced him and will at least claim to be town. If he'd had a PR it'd have been a bad decision, but then again what if we run up a PR to claim. Oh wait that happens all the time. And yes all scum would know how he'd react. They're mindreaders.

Anyway your vote is bad, your suspects are bad. Please fix it.

Anyway I'll let you catch up on the rest of the pages.

---
RFWM plays too many games??

neto a vote count please.
[spoiler]LOST[/spoiler]
Riddick
Riddick
Goon
Riddick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:56 am

Post by Riddick »

farside22 wrote:@Riddick: I refer to this post here:
crypto wrote:
farside22 wrote:I'm offically capatilizing on a slip from someone who stated that WRP was paraphrasing a town PM when in fact there was nothing close to that being the town win condition and Crypto didn't recognize it means scum.
(condescending sigh)

Anyway
Now it could be scum hinting towards a scum buddy about what I'm saying or it's town that knows and understands where I'm going. It's why I find his vote on horror just baffling here too.
Yeah, I'll be honest I don't see this as evidence of him knowing the wincon at all. In fact if I had to pick I'd say he's poking at a buddy to back off a losing argument. Eh, I guess it could go both ways but it seems a massive stretch to say he knows the wincon from this.
[spoiler]LOST[/spoiler]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:02 am

Post by farside22 »

Riddick wrote:
farside22 wrote:@Riddick: I refer to this post here:
crypto wrote:
(condescending sigh)

Anyway
Yeah, I'll be honest I don't see this as evidence of him knowing the wincon at all. In fact if I had to pick I'd say he's poking at a buddy to back off a losing argument. Eh, I guess it could go both ways but it seems a massive stretch to say he knows the wincon from this.
It's why Jb is still on my highly list of suspect but below lowell and riken.

Like I said ever had a gut check or inner voice? I have said something is over someone's head myself but more blunt and rude, but I would have voted for Crypto for missing it.
Riddick
Riddick
Goon
Riddick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:04 am

Post by Riddick »

2. MoleStargazer

3. Lowell

4. Dragonfly13, replacing WRP_Beater

7. Kison replacing ace5993

8. JBernier93

10. Nachomama8, replacing RayFrostWikiManager, replacing RayFrost

11. Farside22

12. Rikenslope

13. pman5595

14. DedicatedScribe

6. Riddick replacing SeptL

18. Unsight replacing Cirno

19. Ythan

20. Konowa replacing Musher333

blue = town, darker = stronger town read. cyan = leaning town.
red = scum., orange = scummy.

no neutral reads cos i'm a pro

i want to read rayfrost tho, i can pick him out well enough as scum and it should be helpful discerning his alignment.
everyone should have scumlists clear by this point anyway.
i find the case on DS to be lacking btw, and mole is probably town just from the way he's playing. one of them might be wrong, but ehhh i#d lynch any of them orange/red players b4 them.
[spoiler]LOST[/spoiler]
Riddick
Riddick
Goon
Riddick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:05 am

Post by Riddick »

farside22 wrote: Like I said ever had a gut check or inner voice? I have said something is over someone's head myself but more blunt and rude, but I would have voted for Crypto for missing it.
i tend to try play off gut as much as i can, so i know what you mean.
[spoiler]LOST[/spoiler]
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:51 am

Post by Ythan »

Posting fake suspicions against me is an amateur scum mistake. You'll never get me lynched, a nightkill is a much better option.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:53 am

Post by farside22 »

Ythan wrote:Posting fake suspicions against me is an amateur scum mistake. You'll never get me lynched, a nightkill is a much better option.
I read from someone you were active no matter your alignment. Any truth to this statement?
More curiousity. I haven't gotten any scum vibes from you at all and the cases people brought were weak.
However the question about SK day 1. You said you didn't agree with the case then voted for SK day 2. What changed your views on him?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”