Open 193 - Friends and Enemies: It's over!

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:40 am

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar 1324 wrote:Vi, I really want to hear your thoughts on DDD at this point. You said you were going to look back and I want to hear it before I vote either Troll or DDD. I'll be around for deadline at least until 2 or so.
I'm here and reading. Birthday stuff kept me away a bit last night.

ftr, deadline is at the end of Saturday night, not tonight. (1221)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, I know deadline is tomorrow. I was just giving a heads up since I was pretty absent last weekend due to work.

I'm not rushing you or anything. Just would like to hear it by today so we have tonight and tomorrow to discuss if necessary.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Vi »

I'm have to leave now, but here are my preliminary thoughts.

Looking at my own reasons for pushing Troll as scum is like feeling a splattered egg slide down my face. There are a few things I will hold to as definitely scummy - his insufficient reasons for voting xRx D2 and his insistence on only hito/SC and not doing much else productive D3. I still think I need to look at him one more time, but I will have to do that when I get back.

DDD's reasons walls of text - which I spent most of my time on - are poke-hole-throughable. I can either understand how Town could have done most of the things in his wall, or DDD is just as guilty of what he's accusing Troll of (if not more so). See: DDD insisting he had nothing to do with anything that could make him look bad when that's simply not the case, Troll vs. PCE, "digging in heels" when everyone he lists except possibly ME were "digging in" on Town according to his viewpoint and therefore should not be commended, Troll not attempting to convince his strongest scum read that he shouldn't bother switching his vote, and the scum gameplay argument.

So if I had to pick the better debater it would go to Troll, but this isn't a debate contest. What's left to do is make a decision about who's scum (i.e. motivation, sincerity). I have two long car rides before I come back to consider it. It should only be a few hours before I get back.

---

Questions, etc. to be answered.

Troll: You know your Tofu Mafia meta better than I do. Please respond with an example or two to--
DDD 1318 wrote:However, one thing I did note in that game is that Zorblag did have a firm lynching preference that he fought for. There was none of this, “well I’ve got three top lynch candidates” or “I’ll accept either a Hito or SC lynch” that we've seen in this game.
DDD: Which "other players" was Troll interested in D1?

DDD: The very first thing I noticed about the game you linked was that you were much more active in that game than this one. What changed?
If you were as active in this game as you were in that game, then you would have license to say something like
DDD 1317 wrote:yes it’s my fault that I was right on D1 and then on D2 and tried to hand you a scum lynch, but you ignored me on D1 and dicked around on D2.
Here you were a nonentity.

DDD: After the restarted game went on for a week, the only thing you had to "run with" was a thinly veiled OMGUS to Amished lurker-prodding you. Seriously?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:16 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vi, whenever you come back, I want to know your thoughts on this:
Hito wrote: Expanding on a thing. I think with what's happened I can't see VP NOT voting for DDD today. So let me look at this, the 'if busing' part of my analysis:
DDD-scum's buddy is VP. VP will either find a reason not to follow through on his stated suspicions on DDD and try to mislynch Zorblag for the win, or bus DDD and do something after that. I don't know who he'd leave alive, honestly.
Who'd he leave alive? Vi would probably have to be his mislynch, and Zorblag would be the one he tries to sway. I'd be night killed.

What are the odds of that happening? I'm not really feeling that. I think VP scum with DDD would have tried to get Vi on a Zorblag misylnch. The bus doesn't feel too natural to me here, especially when it seems so much harder than the straight win, and it's a pretty strong blow to the idea of a VP/DDD scumteam.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vi wrote:DDD: Which "other players" was Troll interested in D1?

DDD: The very first thing I noticed about the game you linked was that you were much more active in that game than this one. What changed?
If you were as active in this game as you were in that game, then you would have license to say something like
DDD 1317 wrote:yes it’s my fault that I was right on D1 and then on D2 and tried to hand you a scum lynch, but you ignored me on D1 and dicked around on D2.
Here you were a nonentity.

DDD: After the restarted game went on for a week, the only thing you had to "run with" was a thinly veiled OMGUS to Amished lurker-prodding you. Seriously?
1) Rec and PCE, though there were between four more people that he deemed good to acceptable lynches as well.

2) Great, your activity obsession continues. I already noted to VPB how I've attempted to shift my meta to a significant degree. Anyways, the relevant things that were supposed to be pulled from that game were sucess, playstyle, tone, and even similar arguments, not activity level.

3) There were two things going on at that point, a bad wagon on charlatan and me drawing luker pressure. Now I didn't have a good enough read on charlatan to want to actually defend him, but I had no interest in facilitating the wagon either. That left the other key issue at that point in the game being lurker pressure on me; from my perspective that was obviously bogus and attacking that and those who were pushing it was by far the best option.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

A friendly reminder that deadline is in something like 37 hours (March 27 @ 11:59:59 PM PST)

Votecount:

Zorblag(1): Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro(1): Zorblag

Not Voting(3): VP Baltar, Vi, hitogoroshi
With 5 alive it's 3 to lynch.
Immoral Acts: 0
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Vi, I stated most of my case that xRECKONERx was scummy day one rather than day two. It's back in Post 531 and Post 543, my last two posts of the day. You've said that you think my not talking about xRECKONERx day two is scummy but I just wasn't there to do much talking. I voted for him at the start because he was the best case we had and then the other post of interest I was able to make I got my other major thoughts about the game in. Post 531 is incidentally the post Debonair Danny DiPietro is saying that I deemed 4 lynches outside my first three choices either good or acceptable. What I said there was that I'd be willing to consider Sando or Ojanen and to a much lesser degree you or Albert B. Rampage, yet another fine example of the spin he's trying to work here. It's also where I talk about PorkchopExpress as a potential list. I put him at number three but say that I'm not planning on joining his wagon wagon at the time. I didn't have anything to like about his play so I wasn't going to oppose his lynch but I wasn't interested in working for it (something with Albert B. Rampage seemed particularly interested in my doing.) I was also pretty clear in that post that if there was movement towards an xRECKONERx lynch (there wasn't a major move at that time) then it was an alternative to the charlatan lynch which I would have some interest in.

As for my meta and how much I dig my heels in over lynching a particular person, the only time that you really would have seen that happen outside of the day in Tofu Mafia where Ectomancer opened the day voting for me and showed that he had to be scum would be the day that I was as stuck on DrippingGoofball as I was because I thought I'd caught her in a scum revealing lie. It turns out she was a townie making a mistake but it takes something strong for me to insist on a single lynch being where I'd put my vote as town. I think that I'm actually a bit more likely to do it as scum (how I dealt with Rhinox, a scum buddy, in your recent Mafia Reverberation game, for example.) What's particularly telling here though is that Debonair Danny DiPietro has been in exactly one game with me, Newbie Game 866. In that game I was town and was killed the first night. On the first day I ruled out a number of players that I was interested in lynching and I spent a good deal of effort pointing out what I didn't like about arguments people were making but I don't believe that I said anywhere that I was committed to lynching the player that I was voting for near the end nor can it at all truthfully said be said that I fought for their lynch.

By framing this as a debate contest you're making it sound like Debonair Danny DiPietro just isn't as convincing as I am when it comes to describing his view of the play that we've had. The thing is that I'm not that convincing a speaker at all. The reason that you're not finding him convincing is primarily that he's not describing what actually happened much of the time. He's trying to get a mislynch which means that he's trotting out cases that he hopes might convince people, not that he has to believe them himself. I think he's too good a player to actually believe the spin he's been putting out here.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Vi »

@hito 1328: "I think with what's happened I can't see VP NOT voting for DDD today."
Apparently, VP Baltar thinks otherwise based on 1324.

Everything else: I don't entirely agree with your future projection because your NK is not guaranteed (see what Troll alluded to earlier, etc.).
As to VPB/DDD, I don't think VP Baltar fits with any plan to "convince" anyone of anything Today. If the play today is any indication, I don't think scum entered today with any sort of plan like that (which fits my impression of LyLo scum waiting around for Town to fight each other before hopping on the resulting wagon).

--
DDD 1329 wrote:1) Rec and PCE, though there were between four more people that he deemed good to acceptable lynches as well.
I would rather Troll respond to this, although he kind of already has.
DDD 1329 wrote:2) Great, your activity obsession continues. I already noted to VPB how I've attempted to shift my meta to a significant degree. Anyways, the relevant things that were supposed to be pulled from that game were sucess, playstyle, tone, and even similar arguments, not activity level.
Wait, so
*you're trying to shift your meta
*you want us to compare your performance here to a previous game (from mid-2009, pre-Appenine)
How does that work? :?

Ignoring that, there are still dissimilarities (in what you want me to see). In particular, you were all kinds of ready to vote kirroha and explain why to whoever asked. In this game, your vote on xRx was followed by "isn't it obvious what the reasons are? look at the wagon". Understandably the xRx wagon was not nearly as contested as kirroha's, but here you deliberately offer literally nothing except that you're "running with" Amished's tell from D1.
DDD 1329 wrote:3) There were two things going on at that point, a bad wagon on charlatan and me drawing luker pressure. Now I didn't have a good enough read on charlatan to want to actually defend him, but I had no interest in facilitating the wagon either. That left the other key issue at that point in the game being lurker pressure on me; from my perspective that was obviously bogus and attacking that and those who were pushing it was by far the best option.
That has to be a false dilemma.
Nothing
else happened within the first week?

---

Troll, who are your picks for scum?
VP Baltar, why are you everywhere else but here?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Vi wrote:VP Baltar, why are you everywhere else but here?
I'm here, don't worry. I think I've said my piece for the most part, however. As I already said, I'm very interested in what you think of DDD at this point.

I'm also reading DDD's game while watching Caprica. If I have anything to add other than that, you'll be the first to know.

Is there a specific opinion you'd like to hear from me atm, or is this you generally trying to posture as the posting police?
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar 1333 wrote:Is there a specific opinion you'd like to hear from me atm, or is this you generally trying to posture as the posting police?
:oops: :mrgreen: :oops:
weeeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo
:oops: :mrgreen: :oops:

Do you need to hear more from me?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I'd like to actually know what your stance on DDD is today if you've arrived at some sort of conclusion. I didn't want to preempt you if you're still doing the investigation thing, but I basically want to know if he's still unlynchable to you today or if you've had a change of heart.
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar 1335 wrote:I'd like to actually know what your stance on DDD is today if you've arrived at some sort of conclusion. I didn't want to preempt you if you're still doing the investigation thing, but I basically want to know if he's still unlynchable to you today or if you've had a change of heart.
He's not unlynchable.
I'm still trying to gather a little information, but I'm worried that I'm going to run out of time... I think I'm almost done though.

Does this help you at all?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Vi »

1337posting for the most advanced post number.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Vi »

Isn't hito supposed to be here with a conclusion sometime like now?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Vi wrote:Does this help you at all?
Yes, it does actually. It was mostly his debate with Troll that made this turn for you? If DDD flipped scum, who do you think is his most likely buddy?

I know, I hate hypotheticals like that too, but I'll make an exception this once.

hito, I do agree with Vi that you could give us some kind of a solid indication of your voting intentions. Today could end with someone not voting, so I'd like to hear everyone's main intention.

(Also, I'm going to venture a guess at Vi had some caffiene recently)
YOUR AD HERE

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

What it comes down to is that I'm gaming with friends and checking this thread in between posts, and since I'm feelin pretty safe in the scumteam I'm calling I don't want to rush a post calling for someone's death (but neither is there any other post I really need to make).

Rest assured that a.) I have reached a conclusion and b.) yes, there was a reason I'm not saying it in thread, and you guys can probably figure it out but I'm gonna be gaming for a few more hours yet so by all means, continue on, because I'd like the two scum to continue to post and keep digging. :)
hito, I do agree with Vi that you could give us some kind of a solid indication of your voting intentions. Today could end with someone not voting, so I'd like to hear everyone's main intention.
Okay, I'm the one guy people trust (to varying degrees). Think on reasons why I would want to avoid telling anyone who I want to vote and you'll probably see where I'm coming from (and maybe even the scumteam I'm gonna call out).

I'll do it before I go to bed, rest assured.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar 1339 wrote:It was mostly his debate with Troll that made this turn for you? If DDD flipped scum, who do you think is his most likely buddy?
More like I did the research and realized that the tell I was using to cement my DDD-Town read wasn't grounded in the data I have. With that out of the way I started looking at DDD's posts and found a lot to disagree with.

DDD's scumpartner (or anyone's scumpartner) is an interesting question with an interesting history. Remember what I said about how finding a single Townie Today can shift the odds in Town's favor? Consider the chance that hito is scum. Now consider the chance that Troll and DDD are bussing each other. Either one of those two is the case, or you're scum. Right now I'm betting on the latter, but that's what the previously mentioned last bit of investigation is (was, now) about.
Vi 1339 wrote:(Also, I'm going to venture a guess at Vi had some caffiene recently)
What's left of the ice cream cake is still in the refrigerator.~
That and my PPD is slipping

hito 1340 wrote:Think on reasons why I would want to avoid telling anyone who I want to vote and you'll probably see where I'm coming from (and maybe even the scumteam I'm gonna call out).
So Bad at Mafia.

Considering IIRC you and Troll are the last ones to go to sleep by time zones, don't delay.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Vi »

Oh right.
What did you get out of DDD's game?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Vi wrote:Oh right.
What did you get out of DDD's game?
Boredom!

But seriously, from what I have read thus far (yes yes, not so dedicated at this second) I would agree with your assessment about him being much more active and actually, you know, doing stuff.

As far as the central argument about his effectiveness scumhunting, I'll need to finish it sometime tomorrow morning to really judge that. Like i said before though, I don't on first glance think it's equitable to the 100% accuracy he is boasting of in this game.
YOUR AD HERE

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Vi wrote:
DDD 1329 wrote:2) Great, your activity obsession continues. I already noted to VPB how I've attempted to shift my meta to a significant degree. Anyways, the relevant things that were supposed to be pulled from that game were sucess, playstyle, tone, and even similar arguments, not activity level.
Wait, so
*you're trying to shift your meta
*you want us to compare your performance here to a previous game (from mid-2009, pre-Appenine)
How does that work? :?

Ignoring that, there are still dissimilarities (in what you want me to see). In particular, you were all kinds of ready to vote kirroha and explain why to whoever asked. In this game, your vote on xRx was followed by "isn't it obvious what the reasons are? look at the wagon". Understandably the xRx wagon was not nearly as contested as kirroha's, but here you deliberately offer literally nothing except that you're "running with" Amished's tell from D1.
As I already explained, the relevant thing I was interested in from that game was not my posting rate which should be different if I'm doing this whole meta adjustment thing right but the things I noted earlier where I haven't tried to change things and I think there are very similar parallels.
Vi wrote:That has to be a false dilemma.
Nothing
else happened within the first week?
Nothing I considered terribly important or compelling; it was the first week of the game the first serious bandwagons were just coming together out of the RVS; and I already explained my actions in the context of the two majors actions I saw.

~~~

I'll try to find time for some computer access tomorrow to answer any last second inquiries if they pop up or lament the town's loss if you clowns make the mistake of lynching me, but it's looking like a rather busy day for me.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vi wrote: So Bad at Mafia.

Considering IIRC you and Troll are the last ones to go to sleep by time zones, don't delay.
Normally it'd make me bad at mafia, yes, but every rule has exceptions. In this case, being in the unique position of everyone's strongest town read gave me an interesting sort of power. After all, if you're scum, you want to try to mislynch with the person who everyone is calling confirmed town. So, what if that townie doesn't tell you who he wants to lynch? That's when it gets interesting.

Humans are risk adverse, and I think as the day drags on longer and longer scum would be more and more willing to bus their buddy if they didn't think they could get the mislynch. But here's the funny thing.

As said, we're discounting Vi/VP scumteam because if that was the case this game would just be an elaborate practical joke. For reasons I've already given, I highly doubt this is a crossbus. So one of Vi and VP also has to be scum. But since I've been sitting on my opinions, I think a strong dynamic of this day has been whoever the scum out of Vi and VP is gauging the other's interest is a mislynch.

And with that, the final countdown.

The idea of a VP/DDD scumteam is just silly, silly, silly. Too easy to get a Zorblag misylnch. There's also the reasoning I gave earlier that scum probably at least opened this day trying for a straight win - any bussing would, I believe, be a later consequence as the potential targets faded away. VP opened DDD in a situation where it would have been a little too easy to cite uncertainty and test the waters.

Let's look at the two possible Vi teams.

Either she's scum with Zorblag, or scum with DDD. She opened with Zorblag as her most possible, and DDD as her second-to-last preference. But let's think about Vi/Zorblag for a minute. In addition to the little points I found against it:
Vi attacks Reck's post but ignores Zorblag's points, and doesn't seem to want to convert to a lynch. This strikes me as really weird, and while Vi's actions might mesh with Zorblag's D2 as potential scum (one bussing, one stay off of the wagon) it doesn't make too much sense here that she'd want to attack her scumbuddies posts for fun but not mention acting on it. Point against Zorblag/Vi.
Here's something I feel like trying. It goes off of the same principle of differences, but this time applied to one person. With three scum, I feel pretty safe in saying that the scum don't want to put their two buddies in the same category on their list. It's nothing definitive but it's a little psychology back-door I can try.
Reck's Scumlist wrote:
SCUMMEH:
charlatan
PorkchopExpress
DDD

PRETTEH SCUMMEH:
VP Baltar
Sando

NEUTRAL:
Amished
Ojanen
Albert B Rampage

TOWNEE:
Zorblag
Vi
SC
There's a point against Zorblag/Vi. Not the biggest point, but a point.
But beyond that, there's just the nature of it. Vi would have had to open bussing, and counted on VP the townie to 'sway' her to vote for DDD instead of her scumbuddy. I don't like that.

A passive Vi and an active VP makes more sense in the other direction. Vi/DDD. Vi opens putting down DDD as second-strongest town, for fairly safe reasons. But VP doesn't want to lynch Zorblag, he wants to lynch DDD. Vi could hold out for me trying to lynch Zorblag - but I've been silent. With the day wearing on and the arguments against DDD looking stronger and stronger, Vi decided to just soft-bus DDD, while leaving her options open in case I barged in voting Zorblag.

If you can't tell, this is the philosophy I subscribe to. However, there's the open question of VP and Zorblag being a scumteam. VP in that situation would be trying to convince Vi of DDD's guilt for the mislynch, and there's the chance that he is succeeding in this endeavor. There are two major factors that have driven me away from this one. The first is that, simply, I think the arguments on DDD are more convicing. The second is more specious. I simply don't see Vi as the player that would fall for that sort of argument, to go for DDD when the main person arguing for his lynch (even moreso than Zorblag, in my opinion) is also easily the strongest candidate to be his scumbuddy.

So my plan is to first lynch DDD, and then, lynch his scumbuddy, Vi.

But I'd like to let this sit in the thread for a little bit before I vote off of it. VP, you're the townie here, so lemme know what times you'll have working for you tomorrow and we can plan to do this at a reasonable time tomorrow.

VP, one last point: The blind spot I'm leaving here is Vi/Zorblag. I think it's much less likely than Vi/DDD, but it still isn't completely out there. If you could quick give your thoughts on that scumteam, that'd be much appreciated.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

yay! hito wins a gold star! I've been thinking about a Vi-DDD scumteam for a little while now and had this semi-corroborated by what I believe to be a slip from xRx in an ongoing game. Since I couldn't really use that as evidence for anything, I wanted to gently question Vi while making DDD's lych look more and more imminent to see if her position on him would change at all.

Needless to say, it has and it feels so in a scummy 'Well, I guess if we have to...' sort of way.

I was planning on outright saying I think Vi has a 99% chance of being DDD's partner if he flips scum once we went to twilight, which may have drawn the NK to me (not a bad thing), but it's out there now.

In terms of a Vi-Zorblag scumteam, I definitely think that is less likely than Vi-DDD. There is just something about Troll's play this game that doesn't seem scummy to me. Unfortunately, prior to today, Troll was fairly friendly with basically everyone alive, so it's very easy to see connections that way to everyone.

It would probably take some massive persuasion on someone's part to make me NOT want to lynch DDD at this point, and if Vi-Zorblag are the scum in that situation then they've already won.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

And silence ensues. That either means hito and I are really right or really really wrong. I'm going to be voting in the next 3-4 hours most likely just as a heads up.
YOUR AD HERE

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:20 am

Or it means normal people aren't awake at 8 am on a Saturday, weirdo.

At this point I've said everything I can say and see no way to get whoever are the other two townies to come to their senses since everyone is basically saying that if Zorblag is scum it's for not the reasons I've suggested. So I'm basically reduced to really hoping that Hito is Zorblag's scum partner so that when I get mislynched at least I can brag in post-game about how I was never wrong in this game; so exasperating.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Zorblag »

If I were only looking at this game I'd actually be disagreeing with the Debonair Danny DiPietro, Vi scum team as my first guess right now. Despite what hitogoroshi has said it's not true that everyone else in the game has listed him as among the most likely to be town. The last time I made a list he was the most likely to be scum for me outside of Debonair Danny DiPietro. He's definitely trying to use confirmed town status in his discussion as this point though (down to how he's calling the scum kills for tonight in various situations.) I'd like everyone to notice what it is he's done today and keep that in mind when decisions are being made tomorrow.

He started off the day ruling out Vi for reasons that I could never get him to pin down outside of his main qualms being settled some by Albert B. Rampage having thought that Vi was town. He took a look then at the three possible scum pairs involving Debonair Danny DiPietro, VP Baltar and me. The last thing that we heard when this was still being considered was that he had decided that Debonair Danny DiPietro and VP Baltar almost certainly couldn't be scum together so there was "a strong justification to vote for Zorblag."

After that he feels it necessary to defend himself once for reasons that don't really make sense and then hangs back until after Debonair Danny DiPietro has cast his vote and I've given my defense. From that point, where Debonair Danny DiPietro makes what's probably an earlier attack than he should have because he felt that there was still momentum to mislynch me and he needed to seize upon it the attack on me started to crumble. It'd be nice to think that was because everyone saw what Debonair Danny DiPietro was up to, that his attacks weren't particularly strong and that he wasn't describing the game as it had actually happened and that I put out such a great defense that people were simply swayed by it but that's pretty unlikely to be the whole story. VP Baltar did have too many chances to turn on me if he's Debonair Danny DiPietro's partner. If they're scum and working this bus angle from the start they're passing up easier opportunities for the win and I don't think that they'd do that.

That means that one of Vi and hitogoroshi needs to have decided somewhere in there that it was time for the bus. hitogoroshi, when the attack was made and it didn't immediately result in my mislynch opened things up again and continued to look for his pairs. He asked some questions to make sure that it looked like he was scum hunting and he questioned details for all of the possible pairs of scum he was looking over. He also did an excellent job of not committing to anything as he went. There are moves towards the conclusions that he's saying he's come to now but I think there's definitely an argument to be made that he didn't say anything that would commit him to ending up coming to what looks to me like a conclusion that's going to serve him well when looking for a mislynch tomorrow if he's scum and needs it.

Unless people have a reason to think that hitogoroshi is town before today I have trouble seeing why no one else would be looking at his actions today and questioning his motives. The need to look for scum teams rather than the focusing first on the behaviors of the individuals when that just gives scum more information about what night kills will make sense in order to leave themselves an easy mislynch tomorrow is suspect. That he's now in a position to end up in a three player hitogoroshi, Vi, VP Baltar endgame (probably one that would receive the least questioning after the events of today) is suspect.

If hitogoroshi is competent scum then he's in a perfect position due to his own play and as of now and looking at this game alone I don't have nearly the reasons to rule that out that the rest of you seem to have come up with.

That said, I do have other games to look at. Now that hitogoroshi has finished two other scum games I've had a chance to look them over. What I don't see there that he'd need to be doing now is the elaborate planning. There's nothing like the mechanism. There's nothing like the hunting for scum pairs there. It's all very straight forward. Unless he was holding back in those games because he didn't need to put in the effort or he's getting some serious coaching from Debonair Danny DiPietro in the quick topic (and that would be enough to go through the gymnastics he did on Day Three without being able to talk at the time) I don't think it's a good fit at all.

With Vi on the other hand I do have the sort of transition to bussing a scum partner in a 5 player LyLo (from me to Ectomancer) that I do here and the reasons that Vi's giving for pushing the direction that was pushed for that length of time aren't very satisfying.

@Vi and a general
TL;DR
, at this point I know that Debonair Danny DiPietro must be scum. My best guesses past that are you, hitogoroshi and VP Baltar in order. Having said that if I'm alive tomorrow I'll have to go over everything again with the extra information of who dies in the night kill. hitogoroshi hasn't gotten enough attention today but right now I think he's most likely town anyhow.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Return to “Completed Open Games”