xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by xvart »

StrangerCoug wrote:Well, the cop knows who not to investigate xD That's not a free pass, however—in fact, it's an easy scum claim, so be extra careful, dramonic.

Vote: dramonic
not for that, but for being the nightmarish nekomata from my game.
Hmmmm... survey says...

Vote: StrangerCoug

xvart.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Ophanim wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Ophanim wrote:

We do not feel that millers should be left alive to later cause distraction.
This comes off to me as policy-lynching dramonic for claiming miller. Do you
REALLY
want to give scum an advantage by going after such an easy target so early?

Unvote: dramonic
Vote: Ophanim
You're using weasely wording and hypocrisy here; you're essentially advocating (though you're trying to hide it through wording) policy lynching someone who you believe to be policy lynching without understand their motivations.
That I was being on the jumpy side is conceded, but I consider policy-lynching a player without a better option out there as scummy.
Ophanim wrote:That being said, had you not just randomly and baselessly started jumping to conclusions, you would realize that there are only two possible motivations for claiming miller:

1. Actual miller, which in my opinion should not exist in a normal game (unless the definition of normal has
significantly
shifted since the time of my predecessor account)
I wouldn't be throwing a miller in a normal game either, but MeMe rarely and I never do normality checks on games, and I didn't set out to play mod-WIFOM games.
Ophanim wrote:2. Someone trying not to get investigated by a cop (also known as "scum", since we can further infer that the only person who would fear a cop investigation aside from an
unclaimed
miller would logically be someone else who would come up guilty)
I'm in no position to counter this, but I have no real read on dramonic.
Ophanim wrote:Either way, we can be assured that by going after dramonic (until a better target arises) we are improving our day 1 lynch by lowering the chance of hitting an actual power role while subsequently increasing our chance of hitting scum by narrowing people's possible thought processes onto a town/scum binary.
Why am I not a better target since you accused me of policy-lynching players that policy-lynch? To me, being hypocritical is scummier than claiming miller.
Ophanim wrote:
Sidekick wrote:Aren't Millers usually left thinking they are a vanilla townie?
No. There's actually been quite the debate over whether or not that would be considered bastard modding.
I stuck such a miller in SWN I, which I advertise as bastard-modded (pretty tame at that, though).
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Ophanim
Ophanim
Townie
Ophanim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Ophanim »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Ophanim wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Ophanim wrote:

REALLY

You're using weasely wording and hypocrisy here; you're essentially advocating (though you're trying to hide it through wording) policy lynching someone who you believe to be policy lynching without understand their motivations.
That I was being on the jumpy side is conceded, but I consider policy-lynching a player without a better option out there as scummy.
So wait, you want me to wait until there's a better option than policy lynching to push forth a policy lynch?

Does that make any sense to you whatsoever?
Coug wrote:
Ophanim wrote:That being said, had you not just randomly and baselessly started jumping to conclusions, you would realize that there are only two possible motivations for claiming miller:

1. Actual miller, which in my opinion should not exist in a normal game (unless the definition of normal has
significantly
I wouldn't be throwing a miller in a normal game either, but MeMe rarely and I never do normality checks on games, and I didn't set out to play mod-WIFOM games.
So because the possibility exists we should ignore it because "you don't want to go there"?
Coug wrote:
Ophanim wrote:2. Someone trying not to get investigated by a cop (also known as "scum", since we can further infer that the only person who would fear a cop investigation aside from an
unclaimed
This isn't a matter of you having a read. This is a matter of you agreeing or disagreeing with my logic.
Coug wrote:
Ophanim wrote:Either way, we can be assured that by going after dramonic (until a better target arises) we are improving our day 1 lynch by lowering the chance of hitting an actual power role while subsequently increasing our chance of hitting scum by narrowing people's possible thought processes onto a town/scum binary.
Why am I not a better target since you accused me of policy-lynching players that policy-lynch? To me, being hypocritical is scummier than claiming miller.
Because to me, hypocrisy is human.
Coug wrote:
Ophanim wrote:
No. There's actually been quite the debate over whether or not that would be considered bastard modding.
I stuck such a miller in SWN I, which I advertise as bastard-modded (pretty tame at that, though).
So because it's in a bastard-mod game it should be in a normal game?

Your logic sucks. Try harder.
JD ALT CAUSE MY MAIN ACCT IS MESSED UP
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Ophanim wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Ophanim wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Ophanim wrote:

REALLY

So wait, you want me to wait until there's a better option than policy lynching to push forth a policy lynch?

Does that make any sense to you whatsoever?
Of course it doesn't. The better options should go first, then the policy lynches.
Ophanim wrote:
Coug wrote:

significantly
So because the possibility exists we should ignore it because "you don't want to go there"?
No; I don't get what I want. I do, however, get to use my brain in determining whether we should pursue dramonic (and so do you). My brain says now is not the time.
Ophanim wrote:
Coug wrote:
unclaimed
This isn't a matter of you having a read. This is a matter of you agreeing or disagreeing with my logic.
I thought "I'm in no position to counter this" implied "I agree because I have no reason to disagree."
Ophanim wrote:
Coug wrote:
Ophanim wrote:
So because it's in a bastard-mod game it should be in a normal game?
When the hell did I say that roles that are associated with bastard-mod games should be put in normal games? That was in response to Sidekick's curiousity and had nothing to do with my view on dramonic.

I love how you twist what I'm saying and take me out of context.

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

I hate timezones sometimes, all the American players are most active while I'm asleep so I always wake up to heaps of posts. :(

for the time being, I don't like his little "Well, the cop knows who not to investigate xD" line or the "so be extra careful, dramonic" line from the post in which he ended up... voting for dramonic. That's power role direction and coaching right there.

Regarding dramonic, unless Coug is lynched/killed and flips scum (in which case we'd have a definite link based on Coug's posting) I have no problems with letting him live or die on his own merits. I would not support letting him live until the endgame however.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by dramonic »

Cyberbob wrote:I would not support letting him live until the endgame however.
works for me.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Sidekick
Sidekick
Townie
Sidekick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Sidekick »

xvart wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Well, the cop knows who not to investigate xD That's not a free pass, however—in fact, it's an easy scum claim, so be extra careful, dramonic.

not for that, but for being the nightmarish nekomata from my game.
Hmmmm... survey says...

xvart.
Hi. Just stopping by before I go to sleep, to tell you: Your username is already attached to every post you make. Yeah, right there on the leftside of it. It says vartx. You don't need to add your name to your post, we know who you are. Just saying. Incase you didn't notice or something, wouldn't want you to look silly.
All the people are so happy now their heads are caving in. I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.
Sidekick
Sidekick
Townie
Sidekick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Sidekick »

EBOWP: xvart**
Really need to get some sleep, 4 am way too late to try to be doing the thinking things.
All the people are so happy now their heads are caving in. I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.
Apayah
Apayah
Goon
Apayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Apayah »

I wouldn't support a Dramonic lynch at this point. Claiming miller is a good way to get the heat on you and people tend to not believe a miller claim when you're in danger of being lynched anyway, so it makes sense for an actual miller to claim early. However that doesn't rule out the possibility of scum fake claiming so:
Cyberob wrote:I would not support letting him live until the endgame however.
[align=center][b][color=green]This is not a signature[/color][/b][/align]
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Vote: Sidekick
for showing up to the thread and adding literally nothing to the game.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by xvart »

Wow, quote pyramids and quote walls on page two? Does anyone know of other mini's that have had a miller?
Sidekick wrote:Hi. Just stopping by before I go to sleep, to tell you: Your username is already attached to every post you make. Yeah, right there on the leftside of it. It says vartx. You don't need to add your name to your post, we know who you are. Just saying. Incase you didn't notice or something, wouldn't want you to look silly.
Hi Sidekick. Nice to meet you. Thanks for letting me know; my computer monitor does not show the left two inches of anything displayed, so maybe not seeing anyone's name is why I have struggled so much keeping people straight in mafia games. :lol:

xvart.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Chevre »

late confirm, sorry!

So dramonic claims miller, blah blah blah, but then StrangerCoug says this:
StrangerCoug wrote:Well, the cop knows who not to investigate xD That's not a free pass, however—in fact, it's an easy scum claim,
so be extra careful, dramonic.
I find the bolded part really odd. Why would StrangerCoug want to warn dramonic to be careful? This does not follow, and seems like a good place to start.

Ophanim wrote:We do not feel that millers should be left alive to later cause distraction.

First, multiple-personality much? ;)
Second, Millers cause more distraction earlier in the game, because everyone has to decide what their stance is on miller claims.
StrangerCoug wrote:This comes off to me as policy-lynching dramonic for claiming miller. Do you REALLY want to give scum an advantage by going after such an easy target so early?
Maybe a little overreactive/early for this, but this could possibly be a further link between a possible SC/dramonic scumduo.
Ophanim wrote:So because it's in a bastard-mod game it should be in a normal game?

I think you've pushed your attack on StrangerCoug a little too far here. This doesn't even look remotely suspicious to me.

---

I'm impressed by the action in this game already. I have a scum-list and it's only page two!

In order of scumminess.

1. StrangerCoug
2. Ophanim (just barely under SC)
3. Dramonic

I'm not even considering lurking yet because it is so early in the game.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
DiamondCrash
DiamondCrash
Goon
DiamondCrash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:03 am

Post by DiamondCrash »

It sucks being in a different time zone.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Ophanim wrote:

REALLY

Is it really a scum advantage at this stage? Surely we're just RVSing for the moment, with a scattering of light justification?
Ophanim wrote:So because it's in a bastard-mod game it should be in a normal game?

He didn't say that. He was merely stating he had one. Your logic sucks. Try harder.
Sidekick wrote:4 am way too late to try to be doing the thinking things.
I'd call that early. :? What the funk are you doing up at four in the morning?
Chevre wrote:Maybe a little overreactive/early for this, but this could possibly be a further link between a possible SC/dramonic scumduo.
1. Choice of wording, mah boi. Maybe, could, possibly? You're covering your arse in case someone decides to say that it is too early and that you are overreacting. Which you are. So let's take out that bit...
Chevre wrote:This is a further link between a possible SC/dramonic scumduo.
2. So, attacking someone means a scum buddy? In fact, I'd hardly call that attacking, merely making a point, from the looks of it. Plus, further link implies you think that this post is the first sign;
SC wrote:Well, the cop knows who not to investigate xD That's not a free pass, however—in fact, it's an easy scum claim, so be extra careful, dramonic.
based on the last 5 words. However, I have a different theory. Normal games are normal. SC is making the assumption that there is a cop, even though you can't be sure. However, by using the word "the" in his post implies there is one. So, therefore, I propose this. Due to the fact that by the wording of his post, he knows there's a cop...

SC is the cop.

Anyone have any problems with that theory?
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:35 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Why the hell would you be wanting to expose a powerrole?
Unvote, Vote: DiamondCrash
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
DiamondCrash
DiamondCrash
Goon
DiamondCrash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:54 am

Post by DiamondCrash »

Cyberbob wrote:Why the hell would you be wanting to expose a powerrole?
It is but a theory.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:59 am

Post by Cyberbob »

And the motivation behind the theory aimed at exposing a powerrole?
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
DiamondCrash
DiamondCrash
Goon
DiamondCrash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:36 am

Post by DiamondCrash »

Promoting discussion, actually.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:14 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Discussion about what? Powerroles and who might have one? How does that help the town exactly?
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:29 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Cyberbob wrote:I hate timezones sometimes, all the American players are most active while I'm asleep so I always wake up to heaps of posts. :(

for the time being, I don't like his little "Well, the cop knows who not to investigate xD" line or the "so be extra careful, dramonic" line from the post in which he ended up... voting for dramonic. That's power role direction and coaching right there.

Regarding dramonic, unless Coug is lynched/killed and flips scum (in which case we'd have a definite link based on Coug's posting) I have no problems with letting him live or die on his own merits. I would not support letting him live until the endgame however.
The vote for dramonic was a random vote because I did not, and still do not, feel it justified to vote dramonic just for claiming miller. Also, for me to be directing power roles and not dramonic requires there to be an idiotic cop in this game, for which there is no evidence.
Chevre wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Well, the cop knows who not to investigate xD That's not a free pass, however—in fact, it's an easy scum claim,
so be extra careful, dramonic.
I find the bolded part really odd. Why would StrangerCoug want to warn dramonic to be careful? This does not follow, and seems like a good place to start.
You quoted part of the answer, the rest should be in my defense of Cyberbob. I will gladly answer anything outstanding regarding dramonic, however.
DiamondCrash wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Ophanim wrote:

REALLY

Is it really a scum advantage at this stage? Surely we're just RVSing for the moment, with a scattering of light justification?
At this exact moment, not really, but if dramonic's lynch goes through and he flips what he says, scum ends up benefiting a
LOT.
Yes, dramonic should probably die at some point. No, he shouldn't die right now.
DiamondCrash wrote:
Chevre wrote:This is a further link between a possible SC/dramonic scumduo.
2. So, attacking someone means a scum buddy? In fact, I'd hardly call that attacking, merely making a point, from the looks of it. Plus, further link implies you think that this post is the first sign;
SC wrote:Well, the cop knows who not to investigate xD That's not a free pass, however—in fact, it's an easy scum claim, so be extra careful, dramonic.
based on the last 5 words. However, I have a different theory. Normal games are normal. SC is making the assumption that there is a cop, even though you can't be sure. However, by using the word "the" in his post implies there is one. So, therefore, I propose this. Due to the fact that by the wording of his post, he knows there's a cop...

SC is the cop.

Anyone have any problems with that theory?
I have a problem with that theory: Why do you want to fish for my role?

Unvote: Ophanim
and demote to an
HoS
Vote: DiamondCrash

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:57 am

Post by MacavityLock »

DiamondCrash wrote:Promoting discussion, actually.
I agree with CyberBob. What is the purpose of said discussion? What are the potential end results?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:24 am

Post by xvart »

StrangerCoug wrote:The vote for dramonic was a random vote because I did not, and still do not, feel it justified to vote dramonic just for claiming miller.
Uh... Excuse me? That is a load of crap. Your "random vote" coincidentally fell on the same person you were discussing, who also just happens to have some degree of scumminess? How exactly did you decide on dramonic for your random vote?

And, a random vote after quote walls and quote pyramids of dialogue? Not buying that for a second. I almost said something the first time you made that claim but I decided to see if you would try and justify it later.

There is nothing about the vote that was random and everyone knows it.

xvart.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:30 am

Post by MacavityLock »

xvart wrote:And, a random vote after quote walls and quote pyramids of dialogue? Not buying that for a second. I almost said something the first time you made that claim but I decided to see if you would try and justify it later.
What random vote are you talking about here?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:44 am

Post by xvart »

MacavityLock wrote:
xvart wrote:
And, a random vote after quote walls and quote pyramids of dialogue? Not buying that for a second. I almost said something the first time you made that claim but I decided to see if you would try and justify it later.
What random vote are you talking about here?
Whoops. Sorry, strike that part. I got the whole thread jumbled in my head. I feel really stupid.

xvart.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:47 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

xvart wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:The vote for dramonic was a random vote because I did not, and still do not, feel it justified to vote dramonic just for claiming miller.
Uh... Excuse me? That is a load of crap. Your "random vote" coincidentally fell on the same person you were discussing, who also just happens to have some degree of scumminess? How exactly did you decide on dramonic for your random vote?
I random voted dramonic for being the arsonist in the game I just finished. (Before it happens, go through the roles of SWN II before telling me I changed my story on why I picked dramonic.) There is clearly no basis for that, but as for the miller claim, I also have a neutral read on dramonic, something I've been pushing forever.
xvart wrote:And, a random vote after quote walls and quote pyramids of dialogue? Not buying that for a second. I almost said something the first time you made that claim but I decided to see if you would try and justify it later.
I did not random vote after quote walls and quote pyramids of dialogue. Pay attention.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:48 am

Post by xvart »

xvart wrote:
Uh... Excuse me? That is a load of crap.
Your "random vote" coincidentally fell on the same person you were discussing, who also just happens to have some degree of scumminess?
How exactly did you decide on dramonic for your random vote?

There is nothing about the vote that was random and everyone knows it.
Okay, my apologies StrangerCoug. I jumped the gun a little and my tone was a little too strong. I still find it coincidental that your vote was random, but not to the degree of my original a-hole post.

xvart.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”