Newbie 922: Day 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Cases on each?

Do you find BaB's ISO 22 scummy?
If BaB gets replaced, will you still see him as scum?
If I flip scum, does BaB look better or worse in your eyes? If better, would you no lynch over lynching him? If worse, why?
Who is most likely to be BaB's scumpartner? Who is least likely?
What has BaB done to make him more likely scum than RayFrost?

Is my ISO 14 scummy?
In your eyes, who has the highest chance of being my scumbuddy? Why?
Was my position on Lawls scummy? Why/Why not?
Do you agree with havingfitz's ISO 54? Why?
Whose scumflip would incriminate me the most?
What is the scummiest position I have taken?
Who has seemed the towniest from interactions with me?

Why I ask so many questions: Because you spent a lot of your time defending other people, and not a lot of time attacking, and the only way you're going to find scum is by attacking. I also feel sorry to say this, but I miss your long posts :(. The game's lost its glory without them, and the person who I felt was skimming said posts is now dead... Also, if these questions sound like rolefishing: don't answer them. Point out why you feel their rolefishing. If you don't want to answer a question, say why. The answers aren't as important as the taking positions.

@havingfitz: Is your post due to my ISO 26? If so, how did ISO 27 change your position? If not, why didn't you say anything about my scumminess in any of your previous posts?

Votecount
Nachomamma8 - 1 (havingfitz)

Not Voting - 6 (Acosmist, RayFrost, Elementary Fermion, Nachomamma8, Panacea, BridgesAndBaloons)

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Acosmist »

Nachomamma8 wrote: I also feel sorry to say this, but I miss your long posts :(.
Yeah, early last week was sort of a crazy time...things I'll talk about postgame. I'll get you answers to all this, don't worry.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Acosmist »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Cases on each?
My case on you rests largely on my interpretation of a certain sequence of events...here...
Cojin wrote:more so im messaging mith, i think lawls essently avoided his lynch by going awol ill claim that you killed a usefull ally and you will find out on my death scene this game pisses me off to much now.
Here's Cojin being Cojin (for the record, that's a full step above being Lawls). He flipped out because he thought he was lynched. As I've said before, I
did not
think Lawls masterminded the replacement shenanigans to avoid a lynch; as we've seen, it didn't help and he was town anyway, so it's definitely not a scum gambit. Because Cojin was thinking along lines (Lawls-as-mastermind) that I thought were dead ends, I didn't pay much attention to this post. I also thought going to mith about the Lawls situation was an overreaction.

So I really did not think much of that. Then this post from you:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote

While there is the off chance that Cojin is being sneaky and incredibly manipulative, I'm not buying it.

Vote: BridgesAndBalloons

I'll give my reasoning when you give yours. We need a good lynch wagon on scum to start, and you're my top suspect. <3
I did not see what you saw. If I had thought Cojin was a good lynch, his actions would not have brought my vote off. Perhaps that's just how my personality works; in any case, it seemed weird that you seemed to "buy" his defense. I couldn't see the defense.

Then Cojin said this:
Cojin wrote:seems im not dead :/ well now that i soft claimed im dead tonight. eather way laws should be lynched now.
As far as I can tell, I was in the middle of a huge post at the time (I seem to have posted shortly after) so I did not immediately make the connection, but my next post after my wall was:
Acosmist wrote:Votes should probably be pulled off Cojin now.
The "soft claim" made me think Cojin was claiming some sort of town power role, so my reaction was to suggest that we pull votes off him (as I noted later, not because we could trust him but because a fake power role claim in a Newbie game would be a crushing burden to maintain, so he's caught if lying and a bad lynch if honest. The cost-benefit analysis favors not lynching such a claimant on day 1.).

It took me until Cojin's bringing attention to his "soft claim" to make the connection. You seemed to unvote right quick, though. Because you knew he was town, and, given the regulative principle against lying as town, you knew he was almost certainly being honest? That's what I figured was going on. When doubts about the honesty of his claim got some traction (probably from havingfitz), you were willing to lynch him...as long as you could fall back on the "He was acting scummy!" defense, you were perfectly ok being on a townie lynchwagon.

That's my case. There is some conjecture there, as you see.

I don't know how to reconcile the fact that you and havingfitz are my top suspects with his aggressive attack on you. I do remember leading a day 2 campaign against my scumbuddy in a recent off-site game, so it's not as if that clears one of you...but the way you two have interacted, I just don't know how to make sense of it.

Against Bridges: He and RayFrost avoided the end-of-day issues surrounding Lawls and Cojin. Before someone goes off half-cocked, I didn't say they intentionally avoided posting; they just weren't here at that important time. I have had almost no read on Bridges the entire game. My back-and-forth with RayFrost ended up with me thinking that Panacea's misspeaking led to a whole big useless argument with RayFrost. I don't have a read from Bridges OR RayFrost on the end-of-day issues, but I have earlier reads on RayFrost that give me slightly good vibes. I have no such earlier reads on Bridges to fill me with confidence. Thus, Bridges loses out.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Do you find BaB's ISO 22 scummy?
No. If he were scum wanting to suggest a nightkill strategy based on gaming lynch-or-lose situations, he could 1. do it himself; 2. suggest it to his buddy at night.
If BaB gets replaced, will you still see him as scum?
No, because my leaning scum on him is more about what he hasn't done than what he has done. At this point, he's, say, a 0 for scuminess. Other people have done enough good things that they are above 0, even if not by much. You and havingfitz are in the negative numbers.
If I flip scum, does BaB look better or worse in your eyes?
I think slightly better. You seemed to be on him to post - if you wanted him to keep quiet, you would have just let that go, I think. I think he also threw a vote on you that did not look like it was scum-on-scum.
If better, would you no lynch over lynching him?
No, he'd still be in the range where I'd consider him a lynch target. Most people are in that range. Yesterday, I did not see anything that put Cojin in that range, so, as I said, I would not be voting for him absent something really strong. The situation you and Panacea seemed to be in, where you didn't want to lynch Lawls but were more afraid of No Lynch? Yeah, if you make that a Cojin lynch and make me the one with the decision to make, I probably would not have voted Cojin even then. (Of course, his claiming and my interpretation of it colored that whole deal even further...but this is a hypo. Deal.) Bridges after your lynch would still be in the range where my vote could go to him; I wouldn't have such an aversion to it that I'd No Lynch instead.
Who is most likely to be BaB's scumpartner?
You or havingfitz, because you two are scummiest...hm...havingfitz.

Crap, I saw something in my re-read that bothers me...interactions with Elementary Fermion. I don't like them. First attacking, then trying to guide with a gentle hand through the game...almost like he's guiding a newb? I mean, that's his job, right (everyone here seems to be one of those ICs or SEs or whatever)? But there could be more to it...all right, I'm making a note of that.
Who is least likely?
Panacea.
What has BaB done to make him more likely scum than RayFrost?
Again, more the non-doing. I even did a review of his posts just now, and, man, some of it just reads like a Lawls post with infinitely better grammar. There's some stuff that's just bland, unresponsive, just...contentless, thin gruel. It's not as if all his posts are like that, but it's enough to make me wonder...

Also, I really feel cheated out of content at the end of the day...that sucked and distorted my perception. And Bridges and RayFrost should set about correcting that...now!
Is my ISO 14 scummy?
Yes, it bothered me that you were trying to get me to stop posting and accusing my posts of having a roundabout effect on my win condition by making it harder to get replacements. The rest of your post is just being incorrect; that's not a scum tell, don't worry.
In your eyes, who has the highest chance of being my scumbuddy?
havingfitz
Why?
You've both done scummy things, and you've both commented negatively on my posting style (which I think is helpful whether you think I'm scum or town). His attack on you confuses the issue, but there are reasons for it (I guess you people call it "bussing" on this site).
Was my position on Lawls scummy?
Did you have a position on Lawls?
Why/Why not?
Can't answer that; don't know what you thought of him.
Do you agree with havingfitz's ISO 54?
I did want to know about calling for a cop claim, yeah. I don't get why Panacea gets different treatment from doing the same thing as you.
Why?
You voted town and tried to distance yourself from it in the same post. I don't buy "But we can't No Lynch!!!!!!!!!" as a universally valid justification for lynching someone you think will be town, just to get information.
Whose scumflip would incriminate me the most?
I don't think the sole fact of anyone's being scum would make me think you two were buddies together...I am capable of reading a lot of things that have happened as scum interactions, but none of them jumps out at me as incapable of any other interpretation.
What is the scummiest position I have taken?
Nachomamma8 wrote:Pan, stop sucking up to the mod >.>

Cojin, you're acting... weird. Freaking out and claiming PR when you're at L-2 and no one really wants to lynch you isn't TownCojin play...

I mean, I just read Newbie 908, where you pegged two scum in two days after a successful Doc protect; the only thing that messed up your game was vanilla fakeclaiming cop... The Cojin that's playing in this game definitely isn't the Cojin that's playing in that one...

Unvote, [L-1]Vote: Cojin
That one. Let's lynch a claimed doctor? Hey, let's not.
Who has seemed the towniest from interactions with me?
Elementary Fermion. Your reasons on him were bunk. Your attack just made me feel better about his towniness; if he's town, thank you!
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by Acosmist »

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:50 am

Post by RayFrost »

so. much. text. @.@

Can I get a tl;dr, at least?
don't you feel silly now?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:23 am

Post by havingfitz »

@All (sans Ray and BaB)...Pardon the delayed absence...RL commitments. Hopefully can post more this evening.
RayFrost wrote:so. much. text. @.@

Can I get a tl;dr, at least?
Nine days away should be enough time to not require a tl;dr.
BridgesAndBaloons - Mar22nd wrote:posting in all my games:
unexpected busyness.
Still unexpectedly busy?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Phate »

Ellibereth replaces BridgesAndBaloons.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Panacea »

Sorry everyone for my lack of annoying "Let's move!" posts. I've had a stack of midterms that ends tomorrow. :lol:

Nacho, how does Cojin's flip reconcile with this judgment of yours Yesterday?:
Nachomamma8 wrote: Cojin, you're acting... weird. Freaking out and claiming PR when you're at L-2 and no one really wants to lynch you isn't TownCojin play...

I mean, I just read Newbie 908, where you pegged two scum in two days after a successful Doc protect; the only thing that messed up your game was vanilla fakeclaiming cop... The Cojin that's playing in this game definitely isn't the Cojin that's playing in that one...
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Panacea »

Welcome, Ellibereth!
Elementary Fermion
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:10 am

Post by Elementary Fermion »

Welcome, Ellibereth! I do hope you enjoy reading. . .
Panacea wrote:Nacho, how does Cojin's flip reconcile with this judgment of yours Yesterday?:
Nachomamma8 wrote: Cojin, you're acting... weird. Freaking out and claiming PR when you're at L-2 and no one really wants to lynch you isn't TownCojin play...I mean, I just read Newbie 908, where you pegged two scum in two days after a successful Doc protect; the only thing that messed up your game was vanilla fakeclaiming cop... The Cojin that's playing in this game definitely isn't the Cojin that's playing in that one...
I think this demonstrates the limited usefulness of "meta."
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:04 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Read???? Nah.
I'll look at a random post here and there from the tunnel of the past and follow from here on out. Should be enough. :wink:
I will also be skipping any massive quote walls like 402.

Anyway, Who's Scum?
FLASH OF GREEN
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:46 am

Post by Acosmist »

Ellibereth wrote:Read???? Nah.
I'll look at a random post here and there from the tunnel of the past and follow from here on out. Should be enough. :wink:
I will also be skipping any massive quote walls like 402.

Anyway, Who's Scum?
402 is on the small side, chump.

Welcome to the game, please do more than Bridges.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:52 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Acos wrote:402 is on the small side
I wrote:skipping
I wrote:Anyway, Who's Scum?
FLASH OF GREEN
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:55 am

Post by Acosmist »

Ellibereth wrote:
Still Nacho and havingfitz.

If I had the energy, I would make this post very long to annoy you. I don't. Sorry.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Acosmist wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:
Still Nacho and havingfitz.

If I had the energy, I would make this post very long to annoy you. I don't. Sorry.
I like you. :wink:
Vote: Nacho
FLASH OF GREEN
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Panacea »

Elementary Fermion wrote:
Panacea wrote:Nacho, how does Cojin's flip reconcile with this judgment of yours Yesterday?:
Nachomamma8 wrote: Cojin, you're acting... weird. Freaking out and claiming PR when you're at L-2 and no one really wants to lynch you isn't TownCojin play...I mean, I just read Newbie 908, where you pegged two scum in two days after a successful Doc protect; the only thing that messed up your game was vanilla fakeclaiming cop... The Cojin that's playing in this game definitely isn't the Cojin that's playing in that one...
I think this demonstrates the limited usefulness of "meta."
My thoughts exactly.

Er... Ellibereth, you were kidding about not reading, yes? Otherwise, do I sense funsies from you?? Thank God! :D
I
you!
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Acosmist »

Glad we're all keeping it objective here.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Pan wrote:Er... Ellibereth, you were kidding about not reading, yes?
Depends on my mood. :D

So... folks...we're just going to sit around waiting for Nacho????
And I'm going to assume by the general silence on the matter that you all agree with Acos concerning the scumz.
If not, could you tell this sorry fellow who the scum are?
If so we can talk about something else...like food and what we're having for dinner. Probably just some pasta here...
FLASH OF GREEN
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I'd like to see nacho's reply before passing judgement there.

Currently, I'm disliking Elli's entrance into the game. So far, there's no content and not really any active scumhunting. This contradicts all previous experience with elli as well as just doesn't fit right with the pro-town activity of scumhunting.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

RayFrost wrote:I'd like to see nacho's reply before passing judgement there.

Currently, I'm disliking Elli's entrance into the game. So far, there's no content and not really any active scumhunting. This contradicts all previous experience with elli as well as just doesn't fit right with the pro-town activity of scumhunting.
You've played what, one game with me?
I've made it a habit to not immediately read back and just flow with the current game state when replacing in, but the activity is slow as hell right now.
If I'm forced I'll read the first 3 pages tomorrow.
FLASH OF GREEN
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Internet was out for two days.

Ellibereth, you replaced a scum spot, and I already know you're scum. :(

...and we'll come back to our scheduled programming tomorrow!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Read pg.1
Acos = town.
Pan = town

Nacho m'dear, try again next time. :wink:
...and we'll come back to our scheduled programming tomorrow!
FLASH OF GREEN
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Ellibereth wrote:You've played what, one game with me?
I've made it a habit to not immediately read back and just flow with the current game state when replacing in, but the activity is slow as hell right now.
Three games if you include one where I replaced out before you replaced in (considering I read your posts, I consider that valid).
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

RayFrost wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:You've played what, one game with me?
Three games if you include one where I replaced out before you replaced in (considering I read your posts, I consider that valid).
Oh, the newbie game where I game in at Lylo? I think that was my first complete game on site or something. :o
I only remember Pyp, are you counting the one where we all got uber-pumped roles in a mininormal?
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I'm doing my new thing: PREMATURE VOTECOUNT ANALYSIS. Unfortunately I got no time for a PoE chart since I didn't read enough of the game yet. Yellow = town read, not confirmed, and the last lawls lynch votecount was made by me.

Votecount
Panacea
- 3 (
BridgesAndBaloons
Lawls
, Edprata)
Lawls
- 1 (Elementary Fermion)
havingfitz - 1 (
Acosmist
)
Independent John - 1 (
Panacea
)
Elementary Fermion - 1 (Independent John)
Cojin
- 1 (havingfitz)

Not Voting - 1 (
Cojin
)

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
-----------------------------
Votecount
Cojin
- 4 (RayFrost, havingfitz,
Lawls
, Nachomamma8)