Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Faraday »

Arya

Arya had sneaked out from King's Landing as night began to fall. She was ready to go, Needle with her, and investigate a rumour she'd heard in the castle. A rumour regarding King Robert's death. She had to admit she'd been a bit disappointed in the King. He was just a fat old man, nothing like the stories Jon had told her about his battle on the Trident. He certainly didn't look like he could handle a a battle.

She SKULKED slowly down an alleyway and ducked inside a doorway when she heard a drunk come down the alley. She unsheated Needle and readied it.

'Grab her' she turned around and pushed the sword into something. Struggling to withdraw it she felt herself be grabbed from behind.

'Bring the brat over here' a gruff voice said.

'You've been sneaking around a lot' a man said. You've been trouble. Maybe you're involved in the death of Robert.

Arya looks up defiantly. 'Let me go, my dad'll cut off your heads for this'

'Ah lass, I really wish you weren't so fiery' he said as he slapped her across the face.

He looked her in the eye then, 'So tell us who else helped kill Robert, we know you didn't do it by yourself'

'Go fuck yourself' Arya said as she grabbed a knife and sunk it in the man's chest.

She tried to escape but was grabbed and felt the blade be pulled across her throat. She felt herself fall, hitting the ground with a thud. The last thing she was was a man wiping a blade clean on his cloak. At least she got one, she thought happily.

She was Arya of House Stark, she had died bravely.

TheButtonMen - Arya Stark - 2-shot cop
has been lynched

It is now Night 3. Night will be 72 hours max, if I've all actions I can start day before that as per usual.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:41 am

Post by Faraday »

Sansa

Sansa walked from the castle accomponied by two of her fathers men. It was still night, but she had begged him to let her out for a walk and he had agreed. After all it seemed the MOB killing during the day were as dangerous as the people responsible for the dead bodies at night. Sansa shuddered at the thought, rembering that her sister Arya had died, but since she didn't like Arya and thought she was an idiot it didn't bother her a whole lot. Oh her mother died too, but that just made Sansa feel more important.

She was walking just outside the castle when a man stepped in front of them. She recognised him immediately. It was the Kingslayer, Jaime Lannister.
'Hello Sansa' he said smiling.

'Hello' she mumbled back. The guards had their hands on their swords warely.

'I'd not do that if I were you' Jaime said nodding towards the guards, there doesn't need to be more death than neccessary tonight.

The guard on her right drew his sword in a rush and stepped forward quickly. Jaime cut him down in the blink of an eye. Wiping his sword in the dead guard's tunic The Kingslayer eyed the other guard.

'Do you really think you can best me?' Jaime asked quietly.

The man drew his sword and Sansa watched as a smile broke out on Jaime's face.

'So be it' he said as he stepped forward, as graceful as a dancer. The guard met him, and held his own, but just briefly, as it seemed Jaime toyed with him to Sansa's eyes. He moved out of the way of a slash for his throat, parrying the guard's sword before slicing his sword arm off.

The guard fell to the ground moaning. His swordhand had been lost as he lay cradling it on the ground.

Sansa stepped back in horror, ready to run but Jaime's voice made her stand still.

'Don't worry' he said 'I'll make it quick, little Stark' he said as she saw him step forward and the sword flashed before her eyes.

He was so pretty. That's what she noticed as she fell. Such a pretty man, the Kingslayer.

Locke Lamora - Sansa Stark - Vanilla townie
had been CUT TO PIECES (happened later when gregor possessed Jaime) Night 3.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Faraday »

Jaime

Jaime wiped his sword, and looked down at the guard, who was still alive.
Tell Lord Stark it's time to let the proper heir rule the Iron Throne. And that by tomorrow the correct person will be sitting on it.

Jaime stepped away, in to the night. Sansa had been easy, almost too easy. At least Robert Baratheon had been difficult to kill, hell they'd even failed in making it look like an accident.

He laughed then, knowing his sister would be happy as he slid onto his horse and waited on Stark's next move. The only one left to him - surrender.

Ned

Ned had just gotten word of Sansa when he walked angrily up to his room. He heard a scream then.

He opened the door drawing his sword to see 'The Hound' Sandor Clegane standing over the corpse of Renly Baratheon. Renly's throat had been cut, slashed wide open just as he woke.

'What the hell are you doing' he asked drawing his sword. Put it away Stark, the hound said, his burned face disgusting as his face was grinning.

'I'm helping crown a new King of course' Sandor said.' And we're taking out the traitors, that and of course I thought he fancied me' The Hound said, laughing at his own joke. 'I didn't want him making the Knight of Flowers jealous, so this was the easiest way.' The Hound said, sarcastically. It was quite clear he'd enjoyed cutting Renly's throat.

'Damn you, you know Renly wasn't a traitor' Ned said looking around the room.

'I know that, and you know that but no one else will question the jealous brother who was responsible, leaving the poor grieving wife to exact vengeance just as she wanted'

'Damn you, you can't do this' Ned said

'The Hound shurgged then 'It's already happened old man, be thankful you're not dead' he said. 'Follow me, the King wants to meet you'

'The King?' Ned asked, his heart sinking.

'Why good King Joffrey of course' the Hound said, his face emotionless.

Ned let Sandor lead the way, trying desperately to come up with some way to escape this nightmare and get back to the North. Damn it he thought, he should never have left.

Seacore - Renly Baratheon - vanilla townie
had been endgamed.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:34 am

Post by Faraday »

Theon

Theon woke up, lazily stretching. He stood up, looking to where someone should have been laying beside him.

Cersei strode in then, smiling. 'Good morning' she said grinning. 'I hope you're not too tired' she said, luciously, smiling seductively.

Damn hellcat, Theon thought to himself. 'I'm good to go for a week' he said, winking..'In fact maybe we should...' he trailed off, walking up to her and grabbing her.

'Take a drink first' she said pulling away, 'We don't want to stop because you can't keep going'. He took the wine from her and downed it quickly.

'Oh my, you were thirsty' she purred.

'Yeah, now where were we' Theon walked towards her, sliding what little clothes she had on, off quickly as he fondled her, while she kissed up along his neck. However as she did he felt himself feel dizzy..

'Are you alright' Cersei asked, her voice laced with something theon couldn't recognise. Maybe excitement..but

'No..No I feel dizzy, what the fuck was in the wine?' he asked desperately looking for something to drink, needing to desperately quench his thirst.

'Why..posion of course' Cersei said, her eyes dancing, the joy obvious. 'We needed someone to take the fall for my Husband's death, and you seemed the perfect candidate, you even tried to force yourself on me' she said pushing him back on the bed.

Theon fell back weak as a kitten. His eyes began to close then.

'Luckily I managed to grab a knife and killed you, in self defense of course' she said, as Theon heard her walk to the side of a room.

'I guess it's lucky I hit your heart first time, for me anyway' Cersei said, her voice drilling through his skull, as he felt instant pain lance through him, the dagger plunged into his heart then. Theon knew he was about to sleep, never to wake up.

MacavityLock - Theon Greyjoy - Vigilante
was endgamed
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Faraday »

Epilogue

Ned stood in front of the Iron throne. On it was seated Joffrey. Ned felt sick to his stomach.

Beside Joffrey stood Sandor Clegane, on his right, and his mother was whispering in his ear to his left.

Jaime Lannister strode into the throne room then, he glanced at Ned but dismissed him quickly and strode up to Cersei, whispering intimately to her.

Ned had had enough.

'You killed Robert' he said disgusted.

Jaime signalled and before he could blink Ned had three guards beating him down with the flat of their swords.

'On your knees, Wolf' Cersei said as strode, regally he had to admit, up to Ned.

'Why did you do it?' he asked her, blood pourind from his mouth where he'd been kicked.

'It's simple, I wanted to have more power, and the throne is the easiest way for that' Cersei replied levelly.

'It was all, rather easy' I must admit she said, 'I expected more of a challenge'

Bitch' Ned hissed, but as he spoke her hand came out and slapped him. He looked up defiantly.

'Poor Ned, you're not used to this are you, all this politics' she said, symapthethically.

'When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no Middle ground' she exclaimed.

'Joffrey, this is the man that killed your father' Cersei said, fake tears in her eyes now as she looked at her son. 'Please, please give our family Justice. For your brother and sister Joffrey. Be the kinf your father was and do what he'd have done.

He perked up at her words. 'You heard my mother guards, kill Ned Stark'

Ned had barely time to think when he felt the pain lance through him.

He heard Jaime's laugh and the Hound's sneer.

'Killed with his own sword' Jaime said, how poetic.

Kinetic - Cersei Lannister - Mafia Roleblocker
has survived untill endgame.
Mina - 'The Hound' Sandor Clegane - Mafia Doctor
has survived untill endgame
Confucius - Jaime Lannister - Mafia Tracker
has survived till endgame.

The Mafia have fulfilled their win condition and Joffrey Baratheon is finally seated in the Iron Throne.

The Lion had won.

Other stuff like night actions and role pm's (In full) as well as mod commentary will come in a bit, hopefully. My laptop keeps crashing so it's been a pain to post this.

Comments/criticism is welcomed, and I'll have my own thoughts too.
Congratulations to the winners.:)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Faraday »

THE ROLE PM'S

Sample Role Pm:
Welcome to A Game of Thrones Mafia! You are
Robert Baratheon, Innocent Aligned

You won at the Trident and were a good if somewhat lazy King. Now you're dead, so I'm not sure why I'm even writing your flavour. It's not like you can read it, is it? Still for this pm you're a vanilla townie.

Abillites:
Vote
You may vote during the day.

Win Condition:
You win when all threats to your Kingdom have been eliminated.

Welcome to A Game of thrones Mafia! You are
Cersei Lannister,Mafia Aligned.

Stunning, ruthless and cruel you are the widow’d wife of King Robert. Unfortunately for him your love wasn’t all that real and you decided to make sure he had an accident when out hunting. Now you need to ensure your son Joffrey sits on the Iron Throne.

With the Help of your brother, and lover Jaime Lannister (Miserable at Best) and "The Hound" Sandor Clegane (Mina) you intend to achieve this. You may communicate with them during the night phases here: Quicktopic

Abillites:
Roleblock- Each night PM me the name of a player and you will prevent them from using their role for the night. You may not perform the nightkill and roleblock someone on the same night unless you are the last member of the mafia remaining.
Mafia Night kill -(Group Abillity) Choose one of your members to perform the kill and choose a person try and kill. Your unique kill flavour is 'Poisoned'
Vote- You may vote during the day
Fake Role Pm - Pm me at any time during the game with a character name and potential role and I'll send you back a fake role pm just like magic!

Safe Claim: You know none of Bran Stark, Ser Roderick Cassel or Jon Snow are in this game.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the Lannisters have been eliminated and the path to the Iron Throne is clear for your son Joffrey.

Confirm via Pm stating your favourite ASOIAF character.

Confucius eventually wrote: Welcome to A Game of Thrones Mafia! You are
Jaime Lannister, Mafia Aligned
. Better known as the Kingslayer for your killing of the former King, Aerys II Targaryen. You are one of the finest swordmen to have ever lived, and will do anything to help your sister and father in their ambitiouns. Hell, you even threw Bran Stark from a window.

With the Help of your Sister, and lover Cersei Lannister (Kinetic) ,and The Hound, Sandor Clegane (Mina) you intend to achieve this. You may communicate with them during the night phases here:

Abillites
:
Track
- Each Night you may Pm me the name of the player and you will track them and see who they visit. You may not track someone if you are performing the night kill unless you are the last member of your faction left.
Mafia Night Kill : Group Abillity. Choose one of your members to perform the kill and choose a person try and kill.
Your Unique kill flavour is 'Cut to bits'
Vote:
:You may vote during the day
Fake Role Pm
- Pm me at any time during the game with a character name and potential role and I'll send you back a fake role pm with everything you need.

Safe Claim:
You know none of Bran Stark, Ser Roderick Cassel or Jon Snow are in this game.

Win Condition
: You win when all threats to the Lannisters have been eliminated and the path to the Iron Throne is clear for your son Joffrey.

Mina wrote: Welcome to A Game of thrones Mafia! You are
"The Hound" Sandor Clegane
, Mafia Aligned.
Brother to Gregor Clegane, you're Joffrey's Bodyguard and servant, and will do all you can to see him sit on the throne. Known for your savage nature and scarred face you're a generally awesome character.

With the help of the Kingslayer Jaime Lannister (Confucius) and Cersei Lannister (Kinetic) you aim to achieve this. You may communicate with them during the night phases here: ]

Abillites
:
Protect
- Each Night you may Pm me the name of the player and you will protect them from 1 attempted night kill that night.You may not protect someone if you are performing the night kill unless you are the last member of your faction left.
Mafia Night Kill
: Group Abillity.- Choose one of your members to perform the kill and choose a person try and kill. Your unique kill flavour is 'Throat Cut'
Vote:
- You may vote during the day.
Fake Role Pm
- Pm me at any time during the game with a character name and potential role and I'll send you back a fake role pm with everything you need.

Safe Claim:
You know none of Bran Stark, Ser Roderick Cassel or Jon Snow are in this game.

Win Condition
: You win when all threats to the Lannisters have been eliminated and the path to the Iron Throne is clear for Joffrey Lannister.

----------------------------
Welcome to A Game of Thrones Mafia! You are
Renly Baratheon, Innocent Aligned

Brother to the dead King Robert, you're out for justice. You want those who killed your brother dead, and will do anything you can to do it. Charming and handsome, you will see anyone who's a threat to Robert's Kingdom dead.

Abillites:
Vote
: You may vote during the day.

Win Condition
: You win when all threats to your dead brothers kingdom have been eliminated.

Bogre wrote: Welcome to A Game of Thrones Mafia! You are
Catelyn Stark, Innocent Aligned

Lady of Winterfell, you hold your duty over your desire, and at the moment it's your duty to discover who plotted the downfall of Robert Barantheon. This being said you want to see those responsible dead, and will not be leaving untill that happens. Still there's only so much you can do.

Abillites:
Vote

Win Condition:
You win when all threats to King Robert's kingdom have been eliminated.

Raivann wrote: Welcome to A Game of Thrones Mafia! You are
Robb Stark, Innocent Aligned

You are the Eldest of the Starks and the heir to Winterfell. Upon hearing the news of Robert's death you, along with many other people travelled South to try and hear news. Now you're King's Landing and want to try and help out.

Abillites
:
Vote:

Win Condition:
You win when all threats to Robert Baraethon's kingdom have been eliminated.

Locke Lamora wrote: Welcome to A Game of Thrones Mafia! You are
Sansa Stark, Innocent Aligned

As one of the Starks of Winterfell you have led a comfortable life. You are beautiful, and aim to be a lady. However the death of King Robert has shocked you. You feel as a Stark you must help. So in this, you will do your best to bring those responsible to justice. Though you are just a young girl, so there's not a whole lot you can do.

Abillites:
Vote
-You may vote during the day[/i]

Win Condition:
You win when all threats to King Robert's Kingdom have been eliminated.

Xvart wrote: Welcome to A Game of Thrones Mafia! You are
Syrio Forel, Innocent Aligned

You are like a sensei. You're a cool guy and a master swordsman, employed by Eddard Stark to teach his daughter Arya the sword. So now that Robert is dead you figure your skills could be useful in trying to work out who's responsible and who's threatening the peace of the kingdom. Unfortunately you've only got your vote and wits to do this.

Abillites:
Vote

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the Kingdom have been eliminated.

Heliograph wrote: Welcome to A Game of Thrones Mafia! You are
Tyrion Lannister, Innocent Aligned

King Robert is dead! And you Tyrion Lannister are going to try and help find out who did it. Yes, you may be small, but you have your wits, 'The Imp' shall try and help solve this mystery! You also have your swordsman Bronn with you, and lots of money so things are looking good.

Abillites:
Secret Vote
You may at any time PM me and use your secret addiitonal vote. You may use both your votes on the one person if you wish. Note using your second vote isn't mandatory and you may conceal it if you like.
Vote
- You may vote during the day.

Win Condition
: You win when all threats to the former King Rober's kingdom have been eliminated.
MacavityLock wrote: Welcome to a Game of Thrones Mafia! You are
Theon Greyjoy, Innocent Aligned.

Raised by Eddard Stark at Winterfell you consider the Starks almost your family. And although you miss your family, somewhat, you're determined to help try and solve this injustice that has happened, with the King's death. Armed with your trusty bow you're determined to take action.

Abillites
:
Vigilante:
Each night you may pm me the name of a player you wish to kill. Your kill flavour will appear as 'Pierced through the heart with an arrow' if you successfully commit a kill.
Vote

TheButtonMen wrote: Welcome to A Game of Thrones mafia! You are
Arya Stark, Innocent Aligned

You're a real tomboy, and not one to keep quiet. So the fact people don't think you can't help find out who killed King Robert pisses you off. You'll prove them wrong! Damn right you will.

Abillites:
Investigation (2-shot): During the night phase of the game you may pm me the name of 1 player and I will tell you if they're guilty (involved in robert's death) or innocent (not involved). You may do this on 2 seperate occasions.
Vote:

The Inquisition wrote: Welcome to A Game of Thrones Mafia! You are
Samwell Tarly, Innocent Aligned

You've always been afraid, but yet despite your fear you've came to King's Landing to try and get involved in what's happening. The Night's watch obviously have a stake in what happens in the kingdom too. Now you're quite heavily armoured, as a precaution, so that may help.

Abillities:
1-shot armour
- Allows you to survive the first attempt on your life only.
Vote:
You may vote during the day

Quicktopics were removed. The mafia may post them if they wish I however can post the graveyard qt: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/Wy4JKsrDfaw

Oh yeah, Kinetic's role isn't there. Hold on let me edit it in.

Ftr I think *Arya* was the person said the most for favourite character so good to see good taste :D
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Raivann »

We got pwned.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:26 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Everyone who voted for name claim sucks.

Kinetic was obv-scum in retrospect. I was very unsuspicious of Mina until her 547 and 548, but I still couldn't pin anything on her. Confucius was very good scum.

All 3 nights, I killed/attempted to kill town: The Inq, The Inq, Seacore. Buttonmen, I thought your vote on Day 3 indicated a guilty result. Not that it would have mattered, as I got roleblocked. Buttonmen, why did you refuse to claim your result?

Bleh. Bleh bleh bleh. Damn townies, lying and being scummy all over the place. Bleh.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Kinetic »

Yea, I was using a lot of my meta Day 1 against the town to shake off the stigma of the obvious scum play.

Day 2 I really was getting caught behind. Mina and Con really stepped up there.

Day 3 I just hung back and waited for a quick hammer.

It was a good game, the fact that the cop was outted day 1 and the vig was tracked night 1 hurt the town a lot.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Kinetic »

I want to post the Scum QT if only to show the immense paranoia from this latest night.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:49 am

Post by Kinetic »

Button didn't have any results. I roleblocked him every night until I roleblocked you in endgame Mac.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:53 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Still, if he actually got No Result, he should have claimed that. It would have put him and Confucius into a 1 v 1. Also, because of that No Result, Buttonmen should have voted Confucius for being an obv-liar. Yes, yes, I know, the "fire" limitation. Whatever, I think we could have figured our way through that. I don't know that we would have lynched Confucius instead, but at least we would have had a chance.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Kinetic »

Yea, except Con was a tracker and had proved that by tracking you onto the Inq kill. I doubt you'd have dome anywhere near lynching Con or Mina, even if someone you lynched me.

Granted, my death would have sucked as I was the RB, but Button would have used up his 2 shot already so it would have only mattered slightly.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:00 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Oh, yeah, I don't think we had a shot by the end. Too many massive mistakes throughout the game.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:47 am

Post by Faraday »

Well first I'd like to thank everyone for playing, and I hope you enjoyed it. The activity was okay for the most part, although I think in the future I might do 48 hours then a prod, but I'm not sure. For 2 week deadlines it might work better and I want to keep 2 week deadline games.

As for the game, well the scum deserved it. The town played poorly, with a number of them being fairly damn scummy.
Sajin who reviewed the game thought Mina/Kinetic were both town day 1 iirc so yeah.

The name claim was useless, I'm curious if Kinetic would have been able to get anything if he was town from the name's. I made sure to make it so the mafia had safe claims and also that powers weren't neccessarily obvious to character, although Theon as a vig is perfect.

Xvart was super townie. He did lie though, and I'm curious as to why. Coldhands wasn't even IN A game of thrones, lol. And I don't buy the theory that Benjen = Coldhands either btw so yeah.

The replacements were of a very high caliber, many thanks to Confucius and Percy, although Percy didn't last long at all.

I thought I may have underpowered the town but *shrug* it's hard to know, with the way the game played out. You guys didn't even bother to mass claim the last day, which I found really odd. Especially since Kinetic had been sweating his fake claim quite a bit.

Also the Mafia's paranoia at the end was hilarious, I had to make sure the game would be played out fully although it was obvious who was going to win but I was laughing at some of their ideas (Kinetic being a cult leader for example)

So yeah. I do plan to run a Large Theme based on the series well..soon I guess, or as soon as it takes. I already have a fair few ideas on what to base it on (thinking the war of the 5 kings ATM but not 100%).

Other things of note:

Tyrion was originally a Vengeful townie but I changed that due to vig+venfeul being incredibly swingy.
Heliograph was possibly the scummiest double voter possible, he even used the DV in a scummy way lol.
I had Tywin as a GF but w/ the 2-shot cop felt another power for the mafia might be better so added Sandor. Also b/c I love sandor as a character and wanted him in the game.

So yeah, any questions/other stuff fire away. Congratulations to the mafia who played pretty well all in all and did enough to win.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Faraday »

Also my next mini theme will either be Metal gear Solid or Malazan Book of the Fallen of some sort if anyone's interested.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Kinetic »

On the name claim, if I was town I don't think I could have pulled anything, but I definitely would have stuck hard at Coldhands and Sandor's claims as they both didn't fit AT ALL.

I mean, seriously, the game basically says the Lannisters are evil and Sandor was Joffrey's hound after all.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Kinetic »

And yes, the entire point of the name claim was to deviate the towns attention for the entirety of the day. I'd done it on accident before, this time I tried to do it on purpose :P.
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Confucius »

*waggles eyebrows at Cersei*

~

Faraday, I don't so much think the Town was underpowered so much as I think the Mafia was overpowered. I really do not see a valid reason for all of the scum having abilities. I think the game would have been better without the Scum Tracker and without the Scum Doctor. I agree that a Mafia Godfather is inappropriate with a 2-Shot Cop. I do, however, think the Scum Roleblocker is reasonable given the presence of a Vigilante (especially one who apparently did not actually have a restriction).

~

Our actions:

Night One

I [flutter / Miserable at Best] tracked MacavityLock, who targeted The Inquisition
Kinetic role-blocked TheButtonmen
Mina killed xvart

Night Two

I killed Percy
Kinetic role-blocked TheButtonmen
Mina protected Kinetic

Night Three

I killed Locke Lamora
Kinetic role-blocked MacavityLock
Mina protected Kinetic

~

Just in case nobody noticed, I was put in the awkward position of replacing a player who had claimed to be Sandor Clegane, which was actually Mina's role-name. This forced me to play to keep Mina alive as long as possible (especially over Kinetic), since if Mina died I was necessarily next in line for death. Even if Kinetic died as Cersei, there was still a good chance I would be next simply on the Lannister-scum reasoning. This is one of the things that prompted me to play Days Two and Three as forcefully as I did, while I still could.

~

Thanks to all for playing.
"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger."
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Mina »

*dies laughing*

So much for Kinetic claiming two-shot PGO cult leader.

First of all, this is so embarrassing. Mac, my attack on you was 80% genuine (the other 20% was me deliberately acting like your answers were scummier than they were just to make you think you'd given yourself away).

You don't understand. I was utterly convinced you were the SK. CONVINCED.

We set up a code on N1: MaB would start his first post of the day with "Just got home from..." if you took no action and "I've been rereading a bit" if you targeted the first person mentioned in his post. So when Flutter coded that you'd targeted Inq (but you didn't reveal as vig), I put two and two together. Since we all had roles, I really thought there was a SK.

D2, my goal was to force a claim from Bogre (Kinetic thought he was roled) while testing the waters to see if people would go along with a Mac lynch. My frustration with Bogre's lurking was genuine, because it meant I wouldn't have enough time to push a Mac lynch. After Button voted for you, I thought we could use our voting bloc to push your lynch. If we lynched the SK, we'd only need one more mislynch to win. But MaB/Flutter was absent and Kinetic wasn't playing along. And I was afraid Alternate-Universe-SK-Mac would murder me in my bed for going after him so hard, so that only made me more desperate to get him lynched ASAP.

Every time someone said, "Gee, Mina's heart seems to be in the right place, but this argument isn't helping us find scum," I wanted to yell, "NO! My heart is in the wrong place and I AM helping you find scum!"

Seriously, I really thought you'd claimed vig because Con had hinted so obviously at role-related knowledge of your night action. Those breadcrumbs sounded fake.

To be honest, I'm a pretty bad scumhunter. I always come up with some crazy paranoid conspiracy theory proving that the confirmed townie is scum, and then hound him for the rest of the game. Luckily, it was an asset this game, because I could beat up on poor MacLock all day and look like I was contributing.

Oddly, this is the fourth real town-aligned vig claim in a row that I didn't believe. I have some weird anti-vig complex.
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Confucius »

Since we've all consented, here is the Quicktopic.
"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger."
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Mina »

As for the game itself...

Faraday, you did a great job of modding. This is the first game I've played on mafiascum that hasn't imploded. The setting and scenes were great. I remember my total shock the first time after I complained about how much I sucked at links, you'd ACTUALLY EDITED MY POSTS AND FIXED THEM FOR ME. No one had ever done that before. I would definitely sign up for one of your games again.

Versus a two-shot cop, a vig, a double-voter, and a one-shot BP, I think two power roles would have been fine. Three was overkill. We were given too many ways to find and neutralize roled townies. I was expecting way more town roles than there were. (Faraday was probably laughing his ass off at a longwinded PM I sent him on D2 panicking that everyone was a power role.)

Kinetic and Confucius: I enjoyed being teamed up with you. Kinetic's nameclaim set the stage for the entire game. And Con was incredible.

The replacements were excellent. I remember I did a mental, "Oh shit, better move this guy from the lynch list to the NK list" after Percy's first post. And I don't know how he did it, but Confucius's posts sent out subliminal brainwashing messages. I was screaming at people all day to vote MacLock, and no one listened to me. But the moment he showed up, people fell over themselves calling him the towniest townie in the whole wide world and voting for whoever he told them to.

By the way, Confucius picked out BOTH Kinetic and me as scum before getting his PM. He saw through my godawful distancing on D1. If he'd replaced Bogre, this might have gone very differently.

No offence to the town, but you didn't make this much of a challenge. Percy, xvart, and Raivann certainly had their moments. (Mac, too, but I'm still having trouble thinking of Mac as town. :P) But so many players were in-your-face antitown that we didn't have to do much of anything. D3 was a mess. Seriously, why didn't anyone push for a massclaim? And why didn't Buttonmen claim No Result and vote Confucius? And why was everyone so quick to vote Button in a potential LYLO situation without so much as rereading the thread? LYLO is not the time to cast an impulsive vote long before the deadline just because you're sick of waiting for someone to show up.

At least my paranoia about the SK and MaB claiming Sandor instead of his Bran Stark fakeclaim put some pressure on me. There's nothing like knowing your death would bring down two-thirds of your team to motivate you to work your ass off.

Seacore, for next time, don't ever claim VT like that unprompted. Especially not on D1. It helped us a lot when we were planning our night actions.

Oh, and lastly, why didn't people lynch me? Raivann caught me on page one :P:
Raivann wrote:That's because Mina is caught scum.
Unvote, Vote:Mina For fencesitting, then when questioned about it she tried too hard to appease and took a hard stance.
To be honest, I wasn't sure how to react to Kinetic's out-of-the-blue nameclaim suggestion. On the one hand, I'd have accused him of obvious rolefishing had I been town...but on the other hand, I didn't want to get in the way of his rolefishing. Raivann, take satisfaction in knowing that I spent a LOOOONG time thinking of a non-scummy response to that.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Well, having read the night talk, I can only say that I'm glad that paranoia about me led to fits.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Percy »

Raivann wrote:We got pwned.
Yes, yes we did.
MacavityLock wrote:Everyone who voted for name claim sucks.
Yep. It wasted all of D1. Nice play on advocating it, Kinetic :D
MacavityLock wrote:Bleh. Bleh bleh bleh. Damn townies, lying and being scummy all over the place. Bleh.
Yep. The Inquisition's claim of 2-shot is what threw me so badly; in my opinion, you don't claim anything at all if you know you're town and see who tries to get you lynched. At worst you soak another NK, at best you catch some scum who are worried you're an SK or other such BP role. Also, wtf TheButtonmen.
Kinetic wrote:It was a good game, the fact that the cop was outted day 1 and the vig was tracked night 1 hurt the town a lot.
This is true, but you also didn't have to worry about NKing the vig, as he wasn't shooting at you guys...

Here were my just-after-death reads:
Percy wrote:I think Mina, MacavityLock and Confucius are town.

I'm neutral on Locke, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Seacore is also town, but I could be wrong about that.

So that leaves TheButtonmen and Kinetic. I think Kinetic is my strongest scum read at the moment.

I'm pretty sure MacavityLock will be the target of the scum kill tonight. If I was still alive, I'd be advocating a Kinetic lynch and a TheButtonment vig kill, but I'd want to pressure Locke and Seacore a bit more.

Hm. I can see Kinetic/Seacore, actually.

I'm annoyed that Confucius went after me after the lynch. I correctly read Raivann, and wanted to point out the scumminess of the wagon, but he focuses on me! Oh well.
So well done scumteam, each of you did a really good thing in this game and blew the town out of the water.

Thanks for running the game, Faraday. I really enjoyed replacing in!

In my humble opinion, giving the scum as many (and better) PRs as town is a tough call. Giving the scum Tracker was particularly hard; it makes for an excellent fakeclaim, and it's much harder for townies to figure out what's going on in a mini in time. But the town could have won this quite easily if things went differently.
Confucius wrote:Just in case nobody noticed, I was put in the awkward position of replacing a player who had claimed to be Sandor Clegane, which was actually Mina's role-name. This forced me to play to keep Mina alive as long as possible (especially over Kinetic), since if Mina died I was necessarily next in line for death. Even if Kinetic died as Cersei, there was still a good chance I would be next simply on the Lannister-scum reasoning. This is one of the things that prompted me to play Days Two and Three as forcefully as I did, while I still could.
I saw that. Goddamn, if ML had shot Mina...

Thanks again to Faraday for modding, and thanks everyone again for the game.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Two things I loved. With a little bit of bait Seacore was the one who "lead" the push for nameclaiming. Once he started championing the cause I pulled back and played it close to my chest. Didn't want to seem too eager, but also trying not to contradict myself. In many ways I got the benefit of it, but I didn't get the brunt of the scummieness. Admittedly I played pretty shady, but half of that was intentional. If I was heavily called on it I would have played the "last few games I was town I got killed day 1, so I'm trying to act scummyish to avoid NKs" card.

Second, I half wanted the name claim to be denied. I had NOTHING in the way of analysis and pretty much pulled that shit out my ass at the end. I split the town up as best I could, and tried to put us all in "good" positions.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”