DiamondCrash
Goon
DiamondCrash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:39 am

Post by DiamondCrash »

Apayah wrote:
ophanim wrote:I don't care what anyone has to say, I am going to be voting for DiamondCrush at the end of this irregardless of whether or not it's a hammer.
If DC is really at L-1 are you seriously gonna hammer him? Ending the day this early without giving DC a change to claim?
I believe you mean "chance" to claim, yes?
Dizzle
Dizzle
Goon
Dizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 am

Post by Dizzle »

DiamondCrash wrote:
Could
be. But I said that they "can be a scumtell". Reading between the lines says "they
might
not".
Quit trying to use your indecisiveness to appear protown.
DiamondCrash wrote:Who said there was a cat to let out of the bag in the first place?
Um, you did.
Ophanium wrote:I don't care what anyone has to say, I am going to be voting for DiamondCrush at the end of this irregardless of whether or not it's a hammer. I am not leaving him alive to screw up the town anymore. There is no reason to claim someone is the cop at this stage regardless of alignment, and I fear for what he'll say next.
You fear what he'll say next? Really? Now this is how you appear to be protown; by basically saying you're being forced to hammer DC for good of the town.
Netopalis wrote:Do you think that the DiamondCrash thing is failtown or scum?
Can you list the two players you're most suspicious of and why?
How would you describe your mafia playstyle?
1. Well, it's definitely fail no matter what his alignment because he's likely going to be lynched for it, nevermind the potential outing.
2. Oph - For the issues I had with his SC debate and his defense of lynching DC even if he's town. Of course, Oph isn't the only one voting DC or using those same reasons to defend his vote so I'm not too worried about him at the moment.
Sidekick - I'm all for bandwagoning as a tool to put pressure on other players, but to put someone at L-1 and suggest that they should claim when the game hadn't even been going on for a full 3 days...c'mon now, that's unnecessary and scummy.
3. I try to call out all the bullshit I see and ask as many questions as possible. Sadly, I'm usually not as active as I intend to be but I try to make up for it during my infrequent appearances.

And based on what I said above,
Vote: Sidekick
DiamondCrash
DiamondCrash
Goon
DiamondCrash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by DiamondCrash »

Dizzle wrote:
DiamondCrash wrote:
Could
be. But I said that they "can be a scumtell". Reading between the lines says "they
might
not".
Quit trying to use your indecisiveness to appear protown.
I see what you did there.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by xvart »

Sorry for the absence, didn't have this game on my watch list. I'll get caught up and post more later tonight/tomorrow morning.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

StrangerCoug wrote:All DiamondCrash said in his defense is basically that he's a newbie. Cyberbob is giving him undue leniency in my opinion.
StrangerCoug wrote:Scum. I'm not letting somebody who fished for
my role
off the hook as easily as others are.
Taking things personally much?

--------------------------------------------------

I can't make much of most of the rest of Page 5, you guys are abusing quotes horribly and it's impossible to read.

Don't have too much else to say at this point except that Sidekick needs more votes. I'll try to figure out just what is being said on Page 5 and post my response in the meantime.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:33 am

Post by xvart »

Netopalis wrote:Do you think that the DiamondCrash thing is failtown or scum?
Can you list the two players you're most suspicious of and why?
How would you describe your mafia playstyle?
1. Failtown; scum would have no reason to out who they think is the cop. They can take care of that with a NK.
2. Sidekick and dramatic. I recognize that being a miller is pretty much a death sentence, whether or not you claim or investigated, so if I was the miller I would try and draw the NK.
3. I typically focus on one scummy person at a time and keep going with it until I am convinced otherwise, lynch occurs, or someone becomes more scummy. Although lurkers are so annoying, I don't usually advocate policy lynches of lurkers; but can be talked into their lynch (especially with a looming deadline.
Ophanim wrote:Who said the cat was definitively out of the bag?
I did, meaning he can't go back and not claim miller.
Cyberbob wrote:Don't have too much else to say at this point except that Sidekick needs more votes.
I couldn't agree more (about more votes).

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Ophanim
Ophanim
Townie
Ophanim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:53 am

Post by Ophanim »

Would like someone on the Sidekick wagon (preferably Cyberbob since he seems most adamant in support of DC) to give me one good reason why we should be lynching someone who is being lazy above someone who tried to out a cop on day 1.

I will respond to my favorite cop-out excuses here to save time first.

He's a newbie!

If he doesn't know not to try to out power roles midway through day 1, then he's not functioning properly and is worthless to us in the long run to begin with.

But he could just be stupid town!

And Sidekick should be lazy town.

Sidekick voted once the wagon had taken form!

He may have been pushed into action by someone else's exposition.

Dizzle wrote:but to put someone at L-1 and suggest that they should claim when the game hadn't even been going on for a full 3 days...c'mon now, that's unnecessary and scummy.
Real life time is entirely irrelevant! Pages and whatnot are tons more relevant! Back in my day we had a town win a game in less than 2 real life days, and now 3 full days is
too short for day 1
?
JD ALT CAUSE MY MAIN ACCT IS MESSED UP
Dizzle
Dizzle
Goon
Dizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Dizzle »

I'd disagree that RL time is entirely irrelevant as DC hadn't even had a chance to respond to the growing wagon yet. Either way, L-1/claim demanding by page 3 seems a bit excessive to me too.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Ophanim wrote:(preferably Cyberbob since he seems most adamant in support of DC)
Adamant? Support? Yeah, nah. I have in no way let DC totally off the hook; the only reason I haven't gone back to him from Sidekick is because of his push for a claim (as Dizzle pointed out) so early (yes, Page 3 is early for talk of hammering and pushes for claims). The speed with which the wagon formed is also a concern for what should be obvious reasons.

You are misrepresenting both the points for a DC lynch and a Sidekick lynch; this is exemplified in your pithy little pre-emptive answers to "dem dum cop outs". I like how you try and paint me as "adamant" in "support" of DC when you are far moreso on both counts with Sidekick.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Cyberbob wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:All DiamondCrash said in his defense is basically that he's a newbie. Cyberbob is giving him undue leniency in my opinion.
StrangerCoug wrote:Scum. I'm not letting somebody who fished for
my role
off the hook as easily as others are.
Taking things personally much?
Even if I didn't, I consider myself aggressive on a good day.

Ophanim is not back on my scumlist just yet, but (s)he's pretty hell-bent on getting rid of DiamondCrash from what I understand of #131, and I wouldn't be surprised if Oph is trying to bus DC.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Ophanim
Ophanim
Townie
Ophanim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Ophanim »

I feel like outing myself as an alt, for I feel that I've gotten everything I can out of playing as an alt.

My real account is one that has been here since May 2005. It is one that has become one of the most well-known players on the site, one equally respected and disrespected; as famous as infamous. I am one of the most controversial people this site has and will ever known.

I am one of the most prolific posters on the site, having made over 5.5k in-game posts. I have modded over 10 games and played in over 50.

I am the one, the only, the man, the myth, the ego, the spoiler-tagged for that satisfaction of being the one who figured it out:

The JDodge.

And now that I've had my overly-dramatic reveal, I shall go back to playing. Expect more shortly.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Cool story bro.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Ophanim
Ophanim
Townie
Ophanim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by Ophanim »

Netopalis wrote:Usually, they don't think too much about it.
I kind of dislike relying on people being stupid.
DiamondCrush wrote:Could be. But I said that they "can be a scumtell". Reading between the lines says "they might not".
There's a reason you only said one and not the other.
DC wrote:So, you're telling us that you pretended to overreact as to promote discussion? Or did you actually overreact, and trying to think of an excuse?
I'm telling you that I reacted to nothing as nothing is all there was. I would also argue that I didn't overreact - I solely responded to points against me as anyone would. You'd be equally on my case were I ignoring things.
DC wrote:Paraphrase; "I don't care, I'm gonna kill him anyway." How accurate is this statement, Ophanim? Seems awfully one-track minded, wouldn't you say?
Yep! I have full intention to do nothing else this day but push for your lynch. Enjoy the ride. I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to support any lynch other than yours, and I doubt that such reason will come up.
DC wrote:Following the rest of the flock, you mean?
No, I mean rolling with the punches. Do I
look
like a flock-follower to you?
DC wrote:If DC is really at L-1 are you seriously gonna hammer him? Ending the day this early without giving DC a change to claim?
His claim had better be Jesus at this point to change my mind.
Dizzle wrote:Quit trying to use your indecisiveness to appear protown.
Oh god this put me into a fit of laughter. Thanks for that!
Dizzle wrote:You fear what he'll say next? Really? Now this is how you appear to be protown; by basically saying you're being forced to hammer DC for good of the town.
My hand is not forced. I force the hands of the town by doing what I'm doing. I fully admit that all of my opinions right now are focused on getting DC lynched over anyone else. I am plenty willing to explore a Sidekick lynch, but today nor tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow is a good day to off dramonic for the good of the town so we don't have to deal with that sticky endgame.
xvart wrote:1. Failtown; scum would have no reason to out who they think is the cop. They can take care of that with a NK.
What do you think of my prior traitor theory?
Dizzle wrote:I'd disagree that RL time is entirely irrelevant as DC hadn't even had a chance to respond to the growing wagon yet. Either way, L-1/claim demanding by page 3 seems a bit excessive to me too.
Fair enough. Same 2-day game was 6 pages. My first newbie game was 5 pages long.
Cyberbob wrote:Adamant? Support? Yeah, nah. I have in no way let DC totally off the hook; the only reason I haven't gone back to him from Sidekick is because of his push for a claim (as Dizzle pointed out) so early (yes, Page 3 is early for talk of hammering and pushes for claims). The speed with which the wagon formed is also a concern for what should be obvious reasons.
Page 3 is
not
early, at all. Furthermore, he had just put someone at -1; the general procedure is to ask for a claim, correct? In fact, I would ask a claim of DC for as long as he is at -1. The speed with which his wagon formed is a standard town reaction to his post, and my only regret over it was that I was not around to see it to its totality.
Cyberbob wrote:You are misrepresenting both the points for a DC lynch and a Sidekick lynch; this is exemplified in your pithy little pre-emptive answers to "dem dum cop outs". I like how you try and paint me as "adamant" in "support" of DC when you are far moreso on both counts with Sidekick.
I like how you don't give any real reactions. I don't care one lick about Sidekick. I care solely about getting DC deaded as quickly as humanly possible.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:32 pm

Post by Konowa »

Prodded Sidekick Friday afternoon. It has been over 48 hours, however this being Easter weekend and all I am granting him till tonight when I get off of work to post. If he has not posted by then, he will be replaced.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Post by Konowa »

Vote Count 1.5

Sidekick (4): MacavityLock, xvart, Cyberbob, Dizzle
DiamondCrash (6): StrangerCoug, Chevre, Apayah, dramonic, Sidekick, Ophanim

Not Voting (2): Netopalis, DiamondCrash

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is April 16th, 2PM GMT-4.

Prodding:

V/LA:
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
Ophanim
Ophanim
Townie
Ophanim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Ophanim »

Neto, a theoretical for you: Someone is sitting next to you with a gun to your head forcing you to choose between voting Sidekick or DC. For the purpose of this example imagine your vote would not hammer either. Who do you choose?
DiamondCrash
DiamondCrash
Goon
DiamondCrash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:58 am

Post by DiamondCrash »

Ophanim wrote:
DiamondCrush wrote:Could be. But I said that they "can be a scumtell". Reading between the lines says "they might not".
There's a reason you only said one and not the other.
Unsuprisingly. The reason being to give a reason.
Oph wrote:
DC wrote:So, you're telling us that you pretended to overreact as to promote discussion? Or did you actually overreact, and trying to think of an excuse?
I'm telling you that I reacted to nothing as nothing is all there was. I would also argue that I didn't overreact - I solely responded to points against me as anyone would. You'd be equally on my case were I ignoring things.
And how would I? I ignored it; how would I have been on your case if you had?

[quote="Oph"
look
like a flock-follower to you?[/quote]
Just late to the party.
Oph wrote:My first newbie game was 5 pages long.
Was that how long you lasted, or how long it actually went on for?
Oph wrote:In fact, I would ask a claim of DC for as long as he is at -1.
Right, I'll give you a claim. In fact, why haven't you asked for it yet, considering you're the one that put me at L-1?

I claim Town Roleblocker.

The real reason why I wondered about SC's role was because I didn't want to block a potential doc.
Ophanim
Ophanim
Townie
Ophanim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Ophanim »

DiamondCrash wrote:
Oph wrote:
And how would I? I ignored it; how would I have been on your case if you had?
Because Coug's statements were directed at me and not you?
DC wrote:
Oph wrote:
look
like a flock-follower to you?
Just late to the party.
Then jump ahead in time, because I'm not going to take my time to help out the guy in the past.
DC wrote:
How long the entire thing took.
DC wrote:
Oph wrote:In fact, I would ask a claim of DC for as long as he is at -1.
Right, I'll give you a claim. In fact, why haven't you asked for it yet, considering you're the one that put me at L-1?

I claim Town Roleblocker.

The real reason why I wondered about SC's role was because I didn't want to block a potential doc.
So you wanted to out the doc in order to prevent yourself from blocking them. Which you did by saying he was a cop.

Yeeeeah.

Hammer please!
DiamondCrash
DiamondCrash
Goon
DiamondCrash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:57 am

Post by DiamondCrash »

Oh yeah, cop. Not doc. Sorry.
Ophanim wrote:
DC wrote:
How long the entire thing took.
Can we have a link?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Chevre »

My computer is being flukey right now. I'm sorry for the lack of posts.

On that note:
V/LA Tuesday-Sunday.

Noted.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:30 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

DiamondCrash wrote:I claim Town Roleblocker.

I have a problem with the whole post. First off, why are you saying that you "claim" a role instead of outright being the role? Second, that you first claim that I am a doctor and then (supposedly by mistake) a doctor really isn't flying. You're not trying to deduce whether I'm town or scum, you're trying to deduce what power role I have, assuming I have one for you to guess at in the first place. Now die.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Konowa »

Beginning to look for a Sidekick replacement.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:13 am

Post by dramonic »

back from v/la

In light of recent events... I'm still all for pushing DC off a cliff.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Netopalis »

Sorry, I've been rather inactive - I'll catch up before tomorrow. I'd be fine with a DC lynch, since it will give us a fair amount of information. I'll hammer in 24 hours, unless there's an objection.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Apayah
Apayah
Goon
Apayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Apayah »

DC wrote:I claim Town Roleblocker.

I'm not buying this. You can hammer anytime Neto
[align=center][b][color=green]This is not a signature[/color][/b][/align]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”