Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by farside22 »

Seacore:

states his summary on robo:

So, in summary, I want to vote for Robo.

1) He's scummy as hell for reasons already mentioned
2) He's not helping us (so at worst we lose unhelpful town)
3) I believe significant information will come from his lynch, regardless of the flip.

I don't see much as far as reason's and using the reason's already mentioned is lazy in my view.

Seacore wrote:Yes, I expect Robo to flip scum.

Robo, I'd like you to claim please. I asked you to do it before. Consider my vote a hovering L-1 for you. I'm just not putting it down, because I don't want you hammered before you claim.
Why was there concern for a hammer here? Who did you suspect would hammer?

I think Robo is scum. His reaction to his bandwagon has been scummy. His actions leading up to that bandwagon were scummy (thus the bandwagon)
In what way is his reaction scummy?

robocop wrote: Seacore votes me saying that "I reacted bad and Dram meta says lurking is OK for him"

where was this said by seacore?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

LlamaFluff wrote:
farside22 wrote:@Llama: How do you have a town read on Mae who has said very little?
Just played a game with Mae where she was scum, this feels different.

unvote

for now, need to do thinking about the VT claim.

Also ive never seen dram act this intentionally useless in a game before, he needs to stop that.
Wasn't she in some foreign language mode though?
I won't get to the isos i mentioned earlier until tomorrow or so.
FLASH OF GREEN
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ellibereth wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:
farside22 wrote:@Llama: How do you have a town read on Mae who has said very little?
Just played a game with Mae where she was scum, this feels different.

unvote

for now, need to do thinking about the VT claim.

Also ive never seen dram act this intentionally useless in a game before, he needs to stop that.
Wasn't she in some foreign language mode though?
I won't get to the isos i mentioned earlier until tomorrow or so.
Yeah, she was. It also was a kinda broken endgame.

I just am having lots of second guesses after 277. It just hits quite a few of my towntells of a player near lynch
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Post by Maemuki »

And my scum-read gets replaced by someone that I have a gut-town-read on! Nice.
Unsee.
Good to know.

@ Llama, that can be explained. I was speaking in Portuguese, my native language. If that doesn't explain it, well...:S

(Reread, Mae, reread...)
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:52 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Announcing wearyness of a quick-hammer at L-1 on day 1 is not pro-town. It's trying to look pro-town, which is scummy in itself.

The wagon sure broke down quickly after the VT claim. I think I'll keep seeing robo for now, as I don't have a better vote ATM.
I'll check out seacore later, tho, so far he hasn't really redeemed his predecessor in my eyes.

Will go through the body of work of some ISO's later.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:04 am

Post by Vi »

Maemuki 303 wrote:And my scum-read gets replaced by someone that I have a gut-town-read on! Nice.
Unsee.
Good to know.
I'm really not buying "gut" as a reason to see Seacore as pro-Town at the moment...

Seacore 298 is totally bullying Robocopter around in an attempt to press a VI-lynch.

Also speaking as one of the reviewers for Coug's bastard game I had to laugh when the Portuguese PR went to someone who was actually from Portugal. Though I don't remember post restriction parity across factions... If I noticed it, I would have nixed it :\
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:01 am

Post by farside22 »

I had initial thought Seacore's views on the things I asked looked good but reading back and seeing that he didn't post any reason on Robo gave me pause. Plus something Robo said with his claim bothered me.

I feel like there is some opportunist votes on Robo.

Another thing that I found from dramo was this:
About Vas:
It's been mentionned already, but the contradiction doesnt sit well at all. I'm also quite irked by the martyr-complex about language. Scum defense at its peak. Also the hounding when I'm V/LA is still there, still crappy, still scummy.
Elli EB:
Gut-town, posts are null in my eyes
I just read Vas in iso and I don't see him hounding dramo about posting. In fact I saw Elli and EB both bring it up more then he did. And EB even voted here calling it intentional lurking.
Why does Vas get pinged as scum for so called hounding but Eli and EB are gut town reads.

Things like that just don't fit. I'm starting to think dramo/EB connection.

Elli vote for lurking owl as well but I still have a town read with Elli.

vote: Dramonic

The contradictions of calling out one person for hounding while ignoring others who did the same is hella suspicious to me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:18 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

@Farside
The only problem with going through with a notepad is that I'll be called out for IIoA and it will all go to dirt. The fatal flaw with my playstyle is my inability to explain why I think A certain way. Which really isn't good for Mafia but I try. I point out the the basis of my reasons by showing where I got them and can't really explain why I think its scummy.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Robocopter87 wrote:@Farside
The only problem with going through with a notepad is that I'll be called out for IIoA and it will all go to dirt. The fatal flaw with my playstyle is my inability to explain why I think A certain way. Which really isn't good for Mafia but I try. I point out the the basis of my reasons by showing where I got them and can't really explain why I think its scummy.
Just do the write up and stop making excuses. Your excuses don't matter to me. I just want to see if you can write something on and put a basis on who, what and why.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:01 am

Post by dramonic »

EB and Elli have both gone back on their position after seeing the VLA sig.
Meanwhile, Vas is implying I faked V/LA and that's its scummy to find some time in my lately busy schedule to post a votecount.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:22 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Okay, that got really weird really fast. Been pondering it for the last day and I'm still not sure what to make of it.

Stuff that I would like to hear more about, though:
Vi wrote:
E-Badger 257 wrote:Drags on...? Nearly to a lynch 11 pages and 7 days in seems kinda quick to me, if anything.
Forget the page and date.
We found a someone or two who's acting legitimately scummy. He's not posting except to look pathetic on occasion. People are actively saying they don't want to lynch him (that is, they don't want to pressure him). Therefore the game ground to a halt in that regard.

This is more ranting than anything.
I get this - even mostly agree with it - but it doesn't mesh with your vote. Pressure was on Dram, your vote was on Robo; pressure switched to Robo and you jumped off him to create a rival bandwagon; nearing a lynch on Robo and you continued to avoid the wagon. If the game is dragging on because people won't lynch obvscum, how have you been trying to push things towards a lynch?
Robocopter87 wrote:*I think its because I have absolutely no idea where to start. In the beginning of the thread I felt really lost because it was hard to understand what I should be doing.
Robocopter87 wrote:I understood my position [in another game] and what I was supposed to do. This is a little more difficult.
I'm confused by this in the wake of your vanilla claim. Why wouldn't you know what you're supposed to be doing?
Ellibereth wrote:I see pages. I only skimmed.
On Robo...his last few posts feel honest and my gut leans VI town now. But some other part of me keeps repeating he's obvscum. Yes I know I'm being indecisive as hell, I'll scan his iso later. I trust my gut for now.
Unvote, Vote Mae
for now. Don't remember what she did except for the omnisession.
Elli, did you realize you were switching your vote off a claimed VT at L-1?

Seacore - why did you push so hard for a claim? Were you expecting to see something?
Maemuki wrote:And my scum-read gets replaced by someone that I have a gut-town-read on! Nice.
Unsee.
Good to know.
I don't get this. Who are you talking about - Seacore? What's good to know?
farside22 wrote:Things like that just don't fit. I'm starting to think dramo/EB connection.
Not really much I can say about this except No. I'll at least post my take on him:

IMO we're going to have to lynch dram at some point this game. He's either bad town or obvscum. I'd rather do it early, when lynches are kind of a shot in the dark anyways, since he's no loss to town if we miss and we'll hopefully have links to follow later. I hate that meta is an excuse to keep around people that do scummy things and provide no help at all to town, but it was the impression I got after the non-reaction to Dram's posting elsewhere while ignoring this thread (and I'm still pretty sure that SOMEONE here would have noticed a V/LA in his signature if it had been there when we called him on lurking). I'm okay with lynching Dram; with the collapse of the Robo-wagon he's probably the best vote at the moment; but I'm not going to put him at L-1 until we've heard a bit more about the claim/unvoting mess.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:58 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

dramonic wrote:EB and Elli have both gone back on their position after seeing the VLA sig.
Meanwhile, Vas is implying I faked V/LA and that's its scummy to find some time in my lately busy schedule to post a votecount.
BTW, having reads on people based on how suspicious they are of your lurking is just awesome. :roll:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:02 am

Post by farside22 »

dramonic wrote:EB and Elli have both gone back on their position after seeing the VLA sig.
Show where this was implied. He stated that he finds you actively lurking in his last post and no where do I see that he implied you were faking your V/LA.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:16 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Still V/LA. Just catching up to mah games, now that I have some time.

Still think Robo is scummy, although he has gone down a little bit. I still like him as a policy lynch though. My thoughts on his could-be-impending lynch is it's 1/4 scum lynch, 3/4 policy lynch as opposed to my earlier 1/2 scum lynch, 1/2 policy lynch.

I have Seacore in my sights. Might do the same thing I did with Robo on him. I don't like his attempt to rush D1 with so many D1 scummy candidates. And some of his posts really look like an attempt to rush D1 attempting to not look like it's rushing D1 with lines like 'I'll resist voting!' and 'hovering L-1'. Why resist when you have no other suspects? Quickhammers are for Rome(Well, at least I think so). Odd reasoning makes him worth looking into, just to get a read on him.

But for now, I'll keep my vote on dram. I voted him for putting Ani at L-2 and then suspiciously disappearing afterwards while posting elsewhere. Didn't know he was V/LA. I would have unvoted if he said just that, maybe even apologize. But after that OMGUS with fail reasoning and plenty others... Quite hard to unvote, really.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:33 am

Post by farside22 »

TonyMontana wrote:Announcing wearyness of a quick-hammer at L-1 on day 1 is not pro-town. It's trying to look pro-town, which is scummy in itself.

The wagon sure broke down quickly after the VT claim. I think I'll keep seeing robo for now, as I don't have a better vote ATM.
I'll check out seacore later, tho, so far he hasn't really redeemed his predecessor in my eyes.

Will go through the body of work of some ISO's later.
I don't like this post by Tony. Saying that it's not pro-town annoucning wearyness which is scummy but then saying in this same paragraph he doesnt' have a better vote ATM. Like really Seacore's post comes off scummy and it's not a good vote?

Fishy, fishy, fishy.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:35 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Good vote ≠ better vote.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:45 am

Post by farside22 »

TonyMontana wrote:Good vote ≠ better vote.
Fair enough. I like your views on Robo. And personal Robo isn't off the hook if he can't do something like he did in that newbie game at the very least I go back to my newbie scum view again.
As I see newbie scum have a harder time making views then other scums.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Seacore »

I don't have too much to post at the moment.

People complaining that I have just borrowed other people's reasons for voting for Robo.

a) That's kind of what happens when you replace in, other people have got there first.

b) I have actually mentioned my own opinions since then. I don't like his "confused by his VT role" statement

It's b) that has made me more confident that we have actually struck scum with this.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by farside22 »

Seacore wrote:I don't have too much to post at the moment.

People complaining that I have just borrowed other people's reasons for voting for Robo.

a) That's kind of what happens when you replace in, other people have got there first.

b) I have actually mentioned my own opinions since then. I don't like his "confused by his VT role" statement

It's b) that has made me more confident that we have actually struck scum with this.
Where did (B) happen?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

@Secore: I also want answers to the questions I asked here
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Vi »

ElectricBadger wrote:
Vi wrote:
E-Badger 257 wrote:Drags on...? Nearly to a lynch 11 pages and 7 days in seems kinda quick to me, if anything.
Forget the page and date.
We found a someone or two who's acting legitimately scummy. He's not posting except to look pathetic on occasion. People are actively saying they don't want to lynch him (that is, they don't want to pressure him). Therefore the game ground to a halt in that regard.

This is more ranting than anything.
I get this - even mostly agree with it - but it doesn't mesh with your vote. Pressure was on Dram, your vote was on Robo; pressure switched to Robo and you jumped off him to create a rival bandwagon; nearing a lynch on Robo and you continued to avoid the wagon. If the game is dragging on because people won't lynch obvscum, how have you been trying to push things towards a lynch?
I started getting the impression that the cop was leaning more toward VIdom. So I did. Noticeable difference from saying "lol this person has enough pressure".

Also dramonic isn't at L-1 unless I missed a vote someplace. ani, VV, me, and farside, right? Stop making excuses and vote. (notice a recurring theme in this post)

Alternatively if we wanted to drop the owl for Seacore or Maemuki I'd be for that too.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Vi »

EBWOP:
Vi 320 wrote:I started getting the impression that the cop was leaning more toward VIdom.
So I did.
*So I moved on.

To answer your reflexive objection I didn't explicitly mention that I was starting to have misgivings about Robocop at the time. DWI.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Seacore »

@Farside

My ISO 13, I called him on it.

"Why was there concern for a hammer here? Who did you suspect would hammer?"

I had no overt concern for a hammer, I knew I'd be around to vote, so I felt there was no hurry. Maybe I'm just used to playing in games with careless people who hammer without thinking. Dramonic's attitude later about being willing to hammer because it's fun is evidence that I"m not completely off the wall with that concern. But I had no specific person I was concerned about

"In what way is his reaction scummy?"

I didn't like that he just shut down when he was accused. Apart from his "non-OMGUS" vote on me, he seems to be coasting along, asking people to look for evidence in his meta that he's not guilty. He's not offering good alternatives which is what he should be doing. I've seen VI accused early day 1 and this smells slightly different.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by dramonic »

ElectricBadger wrote:
BTW, having reads on people based on how suspicious they are of your lurking is just awesome. :roll:
I wasn't lurking, that's how the suspicion works.
farside22 wrote:Show where this was implied. He stated that he finds you actively lurking in his last post and no where do I see that he implied you were faking your V/LA.
And also, very interested in what dram has to say for himself with the alleged V/LA yet being spotted lurking and modding.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by farside22 »

dramonic wrote:
ElectricBadger wrote:
I wasn't lurking, that's how the suspicion works.
farside22 wrote:Show where this was implied. He stated that he finds you actively lurking in his last post and no where do I see that he implied you were faking your V/LA.
And also, very interested in what dram has to say for himself with the alleged V/LA yet being spotted lurking and modding.
I believe it was elli who pointed out you were posting elsewhere or EB (I can't recall which) I asked if it was just doing modding duties.
So because he doubted you were on V/LA (since you were posting during this time) that makes him suspicious?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”