Mini 954 ~ Mafia at the 11th Hour (Game Over!)

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:17 am

Post by d3x »

Nifty, I'm here...

and it was a mistake to play with Nik again because he knows my Scum meta {ie- not posting due to a lack of knowledge regarding the location of the thread}.

Either way, Nik is Scum, this I know. His endless tunnelling will not go unpunished!

Vote:Nik
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:43 am

Post by d3x »

Awesome wagon is awesome.

Jahudo, if it's too cold over on the TonyWagon, there's fresh blankets and nice hot soup on the NikWagon.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:57 am

Post by d3x »

Seraphim, do you believe that dice rolling to determine an RVS Vote is scummy?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by d3x »

@Oh Great and Powerful Vi
- I believe reality has just warped. The VoteCount seems to be missing Nik's Vote on me... in fact, he seems to be missing completely from the VC {he's not listed as Not Voting either}. I believe reality needs a sound whoopin'.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:08 am

Post by d3x »

@Nik- Is that a serious Vote?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:00 am

Post by d3x »

TM wrote:is that a serious question?
It were indeed.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by d3x »

TM wrote:DDD told me in super obvious code that he is lazy scum looking for easy lynch.
Interesting. No response to VP? Or dramonic?

Speaking of, how do you feel about dramonic? Who do you think has the strongest reason to be on your wagon? Who do you think has the weakest? Who do you suspect of being Scum on there {if you believe it's applicable}?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by d3x »

Jahudo wrote:d3x has stayed pretty active
Meh. I'm actually not very happy with my activity levels as of late. I blame work and RL. Over 1/2 of my posts were in a single bout of me being online.
has made next to no content besides unassuming questions that try to get reads out of other people
Fair. Most of my activity has been in the waning RVS. The next part I take exception to, though.
Pair that with him not giving any reads on other players
If I'm asking questions in order to get reads, how exactly would I be expected to have the reads I'm looking for? This doesn't make much sense to me.
he looks like scum playing to the pace of the game rather than town trying to get the scumhunting started
I can definitely see where you're coming from here, though. I'll be getting you those reads+content in short order...

Nik

I like Nik for early Scum in this game. I find it funny that my Random Vote has been sitting on him and I'm reading him in this light. It may be that I'm just predisposed to him coming off scummy to me, but who knows.

To start with, he's come after VP {p26} and Percy {p60} for activity issues which I find ridiculous. Nik overlooked multiple people {myself included} when he went after VP at the top of page 2 for what I'm assuming would be active lurking. Ironic, eh VP?
In p26, he wrote:VP Baltar, why are you posting in other games but not posting in this one?
This does not feel like RVS joking to me, it feels legit. Couple that with the fact that he backs up the position in p48 {he calls it both evidence and a lead} and we're heading down to UnHappy town. He also skips past his reasoning for ignoring the other lurkers {not so subtley from you in p29 and again in p41 just in case he missed it the first time around}.

Then there's the 'serious' Vote on Percy in p60. I don't like this one bit. Percy said that he was reading. Length of the thread not-withstanding, I don't see why this behavior would warrant a Vote. The explanation doesn't sit right with me.

The next thing that raises my hackles is in p97. I noticed a question or two about this, but I think it demands much more attention.
What Percy did is exactly what I have a tendency toward doing as scum: posting "Oh, I'll catch up!" and then not actually catching up until I get prodded again. If you want, I could give about five or six examples where I do this as scum.
He's not saying that these are things ScumPercy does, he's saying that these are things that
ScumNik
does. He is using his own meta to come after another player for really shaky reasons. Afterall, I could provide the same amount of examples of TownNik doing this behavior {saying "i'll catch up" and then dissappearing until a prod is sent}.

With the slightest bit of pressure, he backs down from this lurker hunt just like he did before. He then goes after Seraphim for meh reasons, imo.

tl;dr?
I still like Awesome Wagon.

I'm going to spare you guys any more wall posting by saying that I'll be giving my other reads soon. I promise they won't be as massive, but in short; DDD, dram, and pork are currently on my radar.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by d3x »

@DDD- What don't you like/not buy into about the other Votes?

@dram- Why is your Nik Vote serious? At what point did it become serious?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:08 am

Post by d3x »

Nik and I have played 3 previous games together.

As Town, he netted a prod in our first game together here.

In the 2nd, due in large part to Mod fail he didn't receive any prods, but his attendance/contributions as our only confirmed Townie was very detrimental starting D3

...and in the most recent, he was prodded until replaced as Scum starting here.

Given the third is ScumNik, but the point stands. If you'd like a full pic, read the 2nd link. It seriously hurt the Town, but we managed on pulling out the W {disclaimer- not my finest ScumHunting hour ;)}.

Also of note in that 2nd link is the fact that this exact situation played out. There were multiple promises of posts and then days would slip by before we heard from him again. Had the Mod been in attendance, prods would've been sent.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by d3x »

@Pom and Pork- Thoughts on AwesomeWagon?

@All-
The Rules wrote:2. One Last Shot. Each player has an ability related to a desperate attempt to change their fortune. They are not necessarily unique. At least some of them were assigned independently of alignments.
Giving people last ditch effort abilities =/= giving Townies last ditch effort abilities. Considering
everyone
has one, I don't think we should be focusing on them, nor should we be seeking them out specifically.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by d3x »

Gammagooey replaces Maemuki. Welcome him! (or else)
So welcomed.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:53 am

Post by d3x »

Unsolicited Thoughts:

Given I've only played the one game with him, but I feel that TownPork was very different in his playstyle than I'm experiencing here. This and the question dodging {multiple requests for his reaction to AwesomeWagon with no direct response} is making me nervous, thus him being on my short list.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:28 am

Post by d3x »

DDD wrote:We just got out of a game where you, me, and Porkens were the scum team, so WTF is up with this statement.
Really, DDD? Pork was recruited. He didn't start as Scum. I feel that his Town play D1 in this game {for those who are interested} and his play thus far are completely different. I'm not seeing how this is so hard to grasp.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:45 am

Post by d3x »

He was a traitor who knew who the scum team was and had the scum win condition from the very beginning. In no way, shape, or sense was he town in that game.
<-moron. Lol.

I didn't even read his postmortem PM. I thought it worked like this game where I got to recruit someone who had no idea they were recruitable. It doesn't really change the fact that Pork repeatedly wouldn't answer questions, but as most of my read on him was gut {due to the previous The Fountainhead} he's not as high on my list anymore.

Aside from that, how do you feel about AwesomeWagon?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:04 am

Post by d3x »

@Pork

The Case
- d3x p106
I consider this a 'soft request'. I'd expect people to comment on the case one way or the other, but I'm not going to hold that directly against you.

Request #1
- d3x p123
@Pom and Pork- Thoughts on AwesomeWagon?
Pretty straight forward.

Request #2
- VPB p131
What are your thoughts on Nikanor and Percy?
This came directly after talking to/about you. I have no reason to believe he was speaking to anyone else directly.

Also note, you posted between each of these, thus prompting the requests. After your p134 {where you replied to VPB's p131}, I called you out for dodging and VPB seconded. You finally gave your 'no read' answer in p138.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by d3x »

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Let's start with Nik's response.
Nikanor wrote:
d3x wrote:This does not feel like RVS joking to me, it feels legit. Couple that with the fact that he backs up the position in p48 {he calls it both evidence and a lead} and we're heading down to UnHappy town. He also skips past his reasoning for ignoring the other lurkers {not so subtley from you in p29 and again in p41 just in case he missed it the first time around}.
a) I don't see how being serious about something is scummy, and b) I never skipped over any reasoning.
a) Calling someone out for posting in another game is valid if that person is lurking in the one you're playing. We were on p26. That's ridiculous. The fact that you Voted him is one thing, the fact that you backed it up and held to your nonRandom Vote is another. What exactly would you expect him to post? RVS nonsense? What is the Scum motivation behind VP's actions here? b)Did you check on the other players to see if they were posting anywhere else? If it's a valid ScumHunting option for page 2 and you didn't, why not?
Yeah, and because I do them as scum I assume that everyone does them as scum. That's how I hunt for scum. I think, "What would I do in his position, as scum and as town?" and then make a decision on his scumminess/towniness accordingly.
And I don't ever recall doing this as town.
The problem is, you
do
this as Town, as I pointed out. I don't know what your angle was in saying you 'don't remember doing this' and then saying you try to forget the examples I posted {in the same post}, but it's not working on me.
Lurker hunting on page five fails, that's why. I had better evidence, so I went for it.
So you are holding the position that Percy was Lurking when he made his 'catching up' post?
Anyway, the point is not that I do that exclusively as scum. The point is that I do that as scum five times more often than I do as town.
So where are you now?

Mod
- Prod on Nik, plz?

----------------------

@Gamma- How do you pick one active lurker over another {hint- there's a lot of them}? Do you think the case on Nik is weaker than a Lurker Hunt?

*bad feelings in this direction*

How do you feel about Jahudo's p170?

----------------------
VP wrote:In fact, dram, since you've been on Nik since your random vote I'd like you to explain why you are on the wagon still and why you think he'd be the best lynch.
This.

----------------------

@DDD-
I can't believe
{AwesomeWagon}
is the wagon a plurality of the town is pushing while simultaneously enabling Tony to do nothing.
What specifically makes Tony different from Seraphim or dramonic?

Please point me to the post where you think your best level of contribution has been attained. Your Iso is looking pretty slim on the content, imo.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by d3x »

Gamma- I can get behind that line of thought. And while Nik has ~40mins until he's Prod eligible; I believe the point remains.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:20 pm

Post by d3x »

The Rules wrote:the battery will be replenished by 10% (enough for two days if you're not lazy about it).
Just as a heads up, a nonlazy RL day of posting will get us about 5% depletion/RL day. By that logic, we have less than a week with fully active posting. I wouldn't categorize us as the most active of Towns right now. Recently, we've been dropping ~5-10%/RL day. With this in mind, we could have as few as 3 RL days until deadline.

While I don't want to end the Day right now, I do not want this to go to No Lynch at deadline. There are nonstandard mechanics at work here that we need to keep in mind. The Day is swiftly drawing to a close.

@Gamma- I was more interested in your thoughts on Jahudo's point about Seraphim's Lurking =/= a good Scum Tell atm. As you've shared your thoughts on not ending the Day any earlier than needs be, this satisfies.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:54 am

Post by d3x »

And what would you guys say if I told you that Nik was posting extensively {and as recently as yesterday} in his other ongoing game?

I'm pushing for the Nik Lynch because we have 3 people Lurking, but imo only one who's been rather outright scummy. That would just so happen to be Nik. He's even following his own self-declared Scum meta right now.

VP, that's 4 sentences, but I could condense them into a nice run-on if you'd prefer. :)
DDD wrote:*We cannot allow players to just coast through the game without even trying; as we both know allowing such behavior is a recipe for disaster.
Is the Tony wagon a policy Lynch? I'm skimming and can't find a decent case. Nik has been Lurking just as hard and there's a case against him.

Regardless of what DDD says, I disagree that it's been refuted. Also, I have no history with Percy and I'm the one building/pushing the case. There is no whiteknighting going on.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:59 pm

Post by d3x »

Nik wrote:I'd call you a dirty fucking liar.
Firstly, I'm not biting. You remember what happened the last time we threw down over you getting personal, right? Back off, Nik. <- edited a few times for decency

Secondly, I'd call posting 4 times in one game in one day {Monday} extensive when you'd been MIA in this game since last fucking Thursday.

Thirdly, it's almost 3am here, I'm falling asleep, I'm half drunk, and I have to work in the morning. I'll respond to the rest tomorrow.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by d3x »

Warning- You might want to skip to the tl;dr post script.
Nik wrote:
d3x wrote:a) Calling someone out for posting in another game is valid if that person is lurking in the one you're playing. We were on p26. That's ridiculous. The fact that you Voted him is one thing, the fact that you backed it up and held to your nonRandom Vote is another. What exactly would you expect him to post? RVS nonsense? What is the Scum motivation behind VP's actions here? b)Did you check on the other players to see if they were posting anywhere else? If it's a valid ScumHunting option for page 2 and you didn't, why not?
I believe I've explained this already.
If you can point out where you explained this to the satisfaction of the Town, I'll be eternally grateful.
And seriously, not everyone is as hard a worker as you, d3x. It's a weak scumtell. I'm not going to go out and do research on something unless I think I'm really onto something.
Umm... I didn't say I was a hard worker? You called someone out for this reason and backed it up as legit. If it's a legit Tell, why haven't you done this at all with our other Lurkers? If you're admitting that it's a weak Tell, does it make it more or less so in the RVS, specifically in p26 with an active player? If it's an extremely weak example of a weak Tell, why even bother to defend it?
d3x wrote:The problem is, you do this as Town, as I pointed out. I don't know what your angle was in saying you 'don't remember doing this' and then saying you try to forget the examples I posted {in the same post}, but it's not working on me.
I don't understand. I didn't ignore anything, nor do I think I missed anything.
This response makes no sense. I didn't say you ignored or missed anything. I said you're playing dumb with the whole 'I don't ever remember Lurking as Town' and then immediately saying 'I try to forget when I Lurk as Town'. Allow me to pull the exact quotes for you...
In p128, you wrote:And I don't ever recall doing this
{saying "i'll catch up" and then dissappearing until a prod is sent}
as town.
Later in p128, you wrote:Ehh, that game. I tried to forget about that
{saying "i'll catch up" and then dissappearing until a prod is sent}
-> {saying "i'll catch up" and then dissappearing until a prod is sent}
added by me for clarification of pronouns.
I can tell you all about my awesome weekend if you'd like.
Good to hear! <-not sarcastic
Seraphim is a chronic lurker, and still probably scum.
I don't get why Tony thinks that DDD is scum and vice-versa. DDD, could you summarize the reasons for why Tony is scum?
dramonic is actively lurking, as always. Not really an alignment tell.
What made Seraphim different from Tony differnet from dramonic?
Withholding judgement on Percy for now.
Why? You weren't giving reads on all players, so why mention a player that you're not going to provide a read on?
The Mod wrote:semioldguy replaces TonyMontana. Welcome him!
Howdy sog!
Gamma wrote:looks like you're trying to get attention off you by pointing out other players that are attacking you.
I actually think this is funny. Considering how Nik usually tunnels on me and always believes I'm Scum, I find it very interesting that he hasn't thrown any more than an RVS Vote my way. Especially when I'm championing the cause. In fact, I think the only game we played together where he
didn't
tunnel me was the one where he replaced out as Scum after Lurking his way through 6 pages. Hell, it'd be the easiest thing in the world to say I've been tunnelling on him the whole game. I'd even agree!
sog wrote:I'm really not feeling the Nikanor wagon.
Care to share why? I don't think Tony mentioned him once. The only interaction I could find was indirect at best. Tony Voted me when I started in on Nik. Interesting. In fact, I can't really find the ultimate Lurker hunter {nik} coming after Tony at all here either. I found a few times where Nik goes at DDD for going at Tony, but nothing in the other direction.
VP wrote:
====[ ]
Don't tease me VP. Lol.
The Mod wrote:Cobalt replaces Seraphim. Welcome him!
Howdy Cobalt! Long time, bro! Are you Scum? If no, join AwesomeWagon. It'll be just like old times.
Cobalt wrote:also, scum is pom, pretty sure guys
Late RVS or legit thoughts?

------------------------------------

@Voting people up to give them powers plan- I find this kind of ridiculous. We're talking of Voting people up so that they can what, exactly? The posted example of a power given is to leave the Game for the rest of the Day. How exactly is this going to help us? If you're not keen on me using this example, allow me to quote the rules.
2. One Last Shot. Each player has an ability related to a desperate attempt to change their fortune.
Aside from us gaining 10% on the battery, I'm not sure what proTown awesomeness we're planning on getting. If someone can explain this to me, I'm down. Right now, I'm very doubtful.

@the swiftly decreasing deadline- We have ~2 1/2 RL Days. If this goes to No Lynch, d3x will be very nonplussed.

@Mod
- How's about that bonus battery charger for the ridiculous amount of last minute replacements?

------------------------------------

tl;dr? Vote AwesomeWagon, now fortified with Vitamin Win.

Bonus points for anyone who's realized that Nik's been sitting at L-1 for a while multiple times and any Scum who wanted to end him {were he Town} have had excellent covers to do so.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:34 am

Post by d3x »

FoS:semioldguy

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:59 am

Post by d3x »

sog wrote:Bring it!
One step at a time. ;)

If/When Nik flips Scum, I'll be on you like white on rice. If he doesn't, your question dodging is scummy but not definitive. Why
aren't
you answering, btw?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by d3x »

The cake is a lie.

You fail philosophy forever. ~Vi

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (isolation #25) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by d3x »

Vote:semioldguy

Tell me why I shouldn't.

Also...
You fail philosophy forever.
*sadface*

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #26) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:16 am

Post by d3x »

In p270, I wrote:
sog wrote:I'm really not feeling the Nikanor wagon.
Care to share why? I don't think Tony mentioned him once. The only interaction I could find was indirect at best. Tony Voted me when I started in on Nik. Interesting. In fact, I can't really find the ultimate Lurker hunter {nik} coming after Tony at all here either. I found a few times where Nik goes at DDD for going at Tony, but nothing in the other direction.
In your response, you wrote:I'm also opposed.
Thus I put my FoS on you and you told me to bring it. Well, it's brought. This oughta' be fun...

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #27) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:38 am

Post by d3x »

EBWOP: semioldguy's quote was in regards to Jahudo's request for a Nik Lynch in p275.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (isolation #28) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by d3x »

@Cobalt- Why should I like your Vote? Why should I agree with your Vote? Why don't you like AwesomeWagon 2.0?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:27 am

Post by d3x »

Personally I'm waiting on sog to come back here and defend himself. In fact,
UnVote
. I don't want this to be a speed Lynch without any info. He would've been L-1 if dram's Vote had been counted. That is only a temporary UnVote.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (isolation #30) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:34 am

Post by d3x »

Nifty.
Vote:semioldguy

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #31) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:00 am

Post by d3x »

Lol! Jahudo UnVoted you. A bit antsy, are we?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #32) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:53 am

Post by d3x »

Cobalt. What gives? Your word count is lower than my post count.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:16 am

Post by d3x »

I'm pretty solid on my sog read here. I don't see any reasons to move the Vote. Regarding the debate, I'm mostly reading it as town v town. There are a lot of people saying a lot of nothing right now and it doesn't sit too well with me. I can't get a good read on them, atm.

Happy b'day, DDDP!

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #34) » Sun May 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by d3x »

Ok, so I know that i'm not the top poster around here {I've had some RL issues that won't die}, but I believe Cobalt is due for a...

Mod
- Prod on Cobalt, plz?

Also, I think that this game needs a Lynch to kick everything back into gear. I'm of course down for SOG, but I'm also pretty good with Cobalt on the block.

Also also, SOG has been L-1 for a *long* time. Just like Nik, if Scum wanted him dead, they'd have had planty of opportunities. If he is Town or 3rd party, look on the Wagon. Just saying.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #35) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by d3x »

@Percy444- Why did you ask those specific players their thoughts?
Pork wrote:The fact that SOG USED his ability and wasn't lying about it. gives him town points in my book.
I'm not following. Why does this give him Town points? The OP states that everyone has an 11th hour ability. Why would he need to lie about it? Also, how can we be sure that he was truthful in his assertion that if he were Scum, he wouldn't be able to give it to a ScumBuddy?

@Mod
- The OP states that once an 11th hour ability is used, we get an extra 10%. As it would seem that DDD and Jahudo have Claimed passive abilities, does this mean they don't add 10% to the pot until they actually Vote?

Personally, I think sog is still the best Lynch for the Day. Reasons? Percy sums it up pretty well in p388.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #36) » Tue May 04, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by d3x »

O... yeah. Confusing.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #37) » Fri May 07, 2010 7:32 am

Post by d3x »

Just a head's up, we're at 14% as of last night. Whatever happens needs to happen fast. As I said D1, Ending with a deadline forced NL would be bad, imo.

Also, I believe Percy to be Town if for nothing more than the Nik attack on him for the weird attack early on.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #38) » Fri May 07, 2010 9:43 am

Post by d3x »

@sog- Did I miss a Pom case out there somewhere? The only real mention I found from you is...
semioldguy wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Exactly. When someone is against a wagon on scum but doesn't explain why, it's scummy.
I disagree.
Would you care to give more analysis re: this, plz?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #39) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:18 am

Post by d3x »

Umm...

1. I didn't say it was scummy. I don't have a strong read on Pom atm and would like your perspective {unless you are talking outta' yer hindquarters, in which case it's scummy :)}.

2. If ScumPom's fishing for a case to defend against, then how is that what you may be doing in p483?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #40) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:39 am

Post by d3x »

@sog- I'm not following you at all. You claimed that Pom is one of your top 3 suspects. I wanted to hear your case. That's all. I don't know what all of the argumentative flailing is about. If I were in your shoes {Town on the chopping block with a serious suspicion of a player currently flying under the radar}, I'd sure as hell want to get my case out.

You know what, I'm no longer interested.
Jahudo wrote:hammer please.
This.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (isolation #41) » Tue May 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by d3x »

@Pork- Do you have cases for Percy or Cobalt/Hero? What are your thoughts about the Lurker fight early on between Nik and Percy? Why Percy over Cobalt/Hero?

@Percy- Why do you specifically like Pork for Scum?

@Jah-
Hero's catchup post looks kinda like a stream of consciousness from day 1 on.
What are you inferring with this? Do you think it's scummy? Also, you don't get to declare AwesomeWagon3.0! ;)

@Hero-
DDD is excused from answering
Meh. I still want to hear from him. Now more than ever! Lol.
DDD is now confirmed for Mafia: Heroes vs. Villains. ~Vi

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (isolation #42) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by d3x »

I just caught up in another game and I'm starting this catch-up now. I haven't read from where I disappeared, so some of this may have been asked/answered already.

@
VP526
-
The only thing giving me pause about her is that she WAS on the Nikanor lynch and stuck with it
How likely is it that there weren't any Scum on the Nik Wagon? Afterall, almost all of the players still alive were on the Nik Wagon.

@
Percy527
- The points against Pork are pretty convincing, imo.
What is a "lurker fight"?
I was refering to Nik coming after you over 'Lurking' and called it the Lurker fight.

@
dram
- Happy ScumDay!

@
Pork531
-
yes I would have voted for any strong wagon on day 1.
Then why did you leave the Wagon? It was a strong Wagon and you left it for an RVS? I don't get it.
The power doesn't prove alignment, but the USE of the power was a strong town-tell.
Why? You reassert him using the ability solidified your TownRead on him numerous times, but I don't understand why.

@
VP539
-Perhaps this will change over the next few pages, but right now I don't see the case as much more than mildly suspicious.

@
Jahudo545
-
Porkens is my top suspect. The only thing Nikanor said about Porkens was:
I'm not saying that this isn't valid, but the same thing was true between Nik and Tony/sog. There wasn't much interaction between them at all.

@
Pork548
- How is it so impossible for sog to have been Scum, received this ability, described it, and used it?

@
VP558
- This is making me more comfortable with the ScumPom theory, but do you really see this as stronger than the Pork case? Is this a 2nd Wagon for 2nd Wagon's sake?

@
Percy560
-
I agree that the Hero/Cobalt/Sera slot is town
Why?
I came to that conclusion before the DDD and Tony/SOG flips
Can you point to where this happened?

@
Pork562
- If it was proTown for sog to Claim and use his 11th hour ability, why are you refusing to share any info about your's?
edit
: Mod566- I guess we know Pork's ability.

@
Pork573
- Why not give it {building a case} a shot?

@
Pork575
-Why do you think I'm scummy? Just because I haven't been onsite?

@
VP580
- I'm not against the PomWagon, I just don't think it's nearly as strong as the PorkWagon right now... lol... PorkWagon...
The Mod wrote:Trumpet of Doom replaces Pomegranate. Welcome him!
So Welcomed.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #43) » Tue May 18, 2010 5:48 am

Post by d3x »

@VP588-
Btw d3x, why aren't you voting if you're convinced of the Porkwagon?
I wanted 2 things to happen first.
1. To give Pork a chance to answer my questions.
2. To have ToD get a read through in and find out his thoughts on the game. Considering he's the proposed 2nd Wagon, I figured we would want to have a read before going to Lynch.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (isolation #44) » Tue May 18, 2010 11:47 am

Post by d3x »

You mean read his case?
Sorry, I meant have a read on ToD.

On a similar note, I went back and looked at his most recent post and realized that I had read it wrong. Originally, I thought he was saying these were his initial impressions coming off of a Nik Iso. He's actually saying that these are hi sfull conclusions from reading the full thread. I can now get behind a Pom/ToD Wagon.

Vote:Trumpet of Doom

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (isolation #45) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:21 am

Post by d3x »

@PorkWagon- Are you guys against the ToD Wagon? Do you find both viable Lynches for the Day?

@Pork- What are your thoughts on ToD?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #46) » Sun May 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by d3x »

I don't see us securing a Lynch on anyone else and I really think that No Lynch is a bad idea. Plus, the points against are rather compelling.

UnVote/Vote:Jahudo

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (isolation #47) » Thu May 27, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by d3x »

I agree. No Lynch doesn't seem to have a down side at this exact moment.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #48) » Thu May 27, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by d3x »

Any timeframe on that V/LA, Pork? Also, have a great & safe trip!

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (isolation #49) » Fri May 28, 2010 6:13 am

Post by d3x »

Also of note is that the Battery hasn't started depleting yet.

I'm also trying to sort out why the Ghost Votes are where they are. I can understand Pork and ToD, but why is Percy so popular with the presumed dead? And why
isn't
No Lynch?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (isolation #50) » Fri May 28, 2010 6:37 am

Post by d3x »

I wouldn't encourage too much speculation unless you can prove that they change based on the living conversations.
I don't think this would be too difficult to test. Simply ask the Ghost Voters to place a single Vote on each of us for a single VoteCount and then go back to their original Votes after it's been posted, or some such plan.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (isolation #51) » Fri May 28, 2010 9:21 am

Post by d3x »

And if you have concrete inside info, put a couple Votes on me.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (isolation #52) » Sat May 29, 2010 5:58 am

Post by d3x »

Ok, so we've confirmed that the Ghost Votes are coming from our dead players {presumably excluding Nik}, they don't have any inside information, they can only do this at MyLo, and the battery has started depleting. Am I missing anything?

I really don't like Pork669. I don't see a single circumstance where Scum could be doing this.

I'm also not 100% in agreement with this, either...
Hero wrote:If they could talk, they would probably choose a single person by consensus and all vote for that person.
Just because they're all confirmed to each other doesn't mean they have to agree with each other. I believe more Ouija boarding is in order.

@Ghosts- Do you guys have a 'Dead' QT? Votes on DDD if so, plz.

I do think caution is best right now, though. A single Vote from a 'Live' player has the potential to end this game {assuming that the 5 Ghost Votes carry full Lynch Power}. This may even be why they're not piling onto one player. If they don't have any inside info and they're wrong, the 2 remaining Scum could just Quick Hammer ftw.

I have noticed that at most we only have 4 Ghost Votes floating aorund so far, though. I'm assuming that DDD, Jahudo, and Gamma are all here {as there were spread Votes on each of them}, and the 4th has a bone to pick with Pork.

And finally, we shouldn't spend too much time on the Ouija. They can only commuinicate when the Mod's around and we lose battery power at the Vote Counts.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #53) » Sat May 29, 2010 6:54 am

Post by d3x »

the ghosts can give us their opinion for tomorrow if they'd like, but we'd still increase our odds of hitting scum by no lynching.
This is very true.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (isolation #54) » Sat May 29, 2010 8:57 am

Post by d3x »

Wait.
Pork662 wrote:I wouldn't encourage too much speculation unless you can prove that they change based on the living conversations.
But...
Pork669 wrote:There's the risk that scum are behind the ghost votes and setting us up to follow "confirmed" town ghost votes.
As soon as we confirmed that the Ghost Votes could move, his objection shifted to 'they could be Scum'.

O all you host of Heaven! Oh Earth!
{aka Ghost Voters}
Start making with your suspicions, but please don't get to L-2 on any particular suspect.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (isolation #55) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:55 am

Post by d3x »

Vote:No Lynch

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (isolation #56) » Mon May 31, 2010 5:38 am

Post by d3x »

Oh yeah, and I'll be V/LA at the end of this week ~6/4-6/6

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (isolation #57) » Mon May 31, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by d3x »

Yes.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (isolation #58) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:12 am

Post by d3x »

K, I'm back.
VP wrote:d3x - where are you going, where have you been?
Long Roller Derby weekend. It was great!

I'm willing to put the game up for a Pork Lynch. It makes the most sense to me atm. I'd like some discussion before throwing down, though. Mainly, I don't like that assuming PorkTown and PercyTown, the remaining 2 Scum would just have to log on and Hammer the game to Town Lose. I think it's
very
reckless play and it's more likely to come from Scum than Town imo.

That said, I'm not buying PorkTown. I believe VPTown {unless the team's VP/Percy- which I have serious problems with} due in part to VP posting after Pork's Vote.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (isolation #59) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by d3x »

I would be surprised if someone besides Pork himself was against a Pork Lynch. Let's assume he's Scum. If his partner wasn't down for his Lynch, and we Lynched him anyway, it'd be a very easy Town Win. Now let's assume he's Town. Scum aren't going to be against it and he's been the 2nd choice Wagon for most of the game.

I haven't seen anything that really lends me to favoring anyone over Pork. Considering how sparse conversation has been throughout this EndGame {especially D4 and thus far D5}, I don't see much by the way of swinging opinions on cases.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (isolation #60) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:50 am

Post by d3x »

Well, everyone has posted since Percy's Pork Vote. I'm good with this.

Vote:Porkens

L-1

@VP- I pretty much have everyone at a Town/Town leaning Neutral read aside from him. If there's a QuickHammer that loses it for us {assuming the very rare possibility that Pork is Town}, I'm sorry, but I can't see today going any other direction.

I also don't think it would be wise to discuss our 2nd Scum pick {unless you disagree with PorkWagon 3.7} due to the WIFOM the remaining Scum will get to play with tonight.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #61) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by d3x »

wtf? I'm not Scum.

1. Why's Nik posting?

2. If it's game over, why isn't he happy?

3. Seriously. wtf?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (isolation #62) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by d3x »

So it's VP and Percy?!?

This is starting to make no freaking sense at all.

Why the hell didn't VP just Hammer? To see if he could get the Townie to do it?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (isolation #63) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by d3x »

Vi!!!

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (isolation #64) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by d3x »

Ok, so everyone is currently Claiming to not be Scum, right? Except for VP who hasn't been here since before the last Vote Count? Let's assume that regardless of whatever the hell's going on with the dead players, the game's still on. I suggest we all stop posting until the Mod shows up and sorts this shit out. Agreed?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (isolation #65) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:31 am

Post by d3x »

Thx for the Mod, Vi.

GG all.

I thought the flavor was pretty fun {especially the music}, but didn't really understand most of it. My video gaming experiences were apparently
very
different than most peoples' in this thread.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (isolation #66) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:57 pm

Post by d3x »

I'm upset at the players who posted after the game was over before the mod.
This.

GTKAS - d3x

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”