Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:45 am

Post by Iammars »

It's been a while since I've played SSBM. Can't you tell?
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:09 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

just a little
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:15 am

Post by Iammars »

And besides, there both pink balls. It's easy to confuse them.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:57 am

Post by armlx »

Vote stands on ID for the same reasons everyone else has said. Plain townie.

Bacde has a valid point, but went far too agressive with it.
FOS Bacde

Either wagon seems ok to me, but by my role I think Puff is the right lynch.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:16 am

Post by Bacde »

Hell, with 5 votes and enough FoS's to destroy me, I might as well claim anyway. Keeps the game going ifyaknowwhatimean.

I am Mr. Game and Watch. If you ever remember fighting (and sucking since he was too god dang slow) and pressed -> + B at the same time, how you would hit them with your little hammer and hold up a sign w/ a random number, that corresponds with its random abilities? Well thats me!

I don't know how much I am allowed to reveal here without getting modkilled, but I can choose to use my random effect hammer at night, and then I randomly get 1 of 9 different abilities, unless I roll a nine and then I roll again twice.
1-2 suck and get me killed or even make me vote against myself.
3 does nothing. This overrides 9.
4-8 are all good and range from being immune to nightkills to being a watchman.
9 makes me roll again twice.

So there you have it. Along these lines I'm going to have to say I agree with assasin that I don't think there are any vanilla townies. Thats another reason I didn't buy the jigglypuff claim. With a role like mine, that is a semi-power role, but can end up with me killing myself, I just couldn't beleive a townie claim.

As long as I'm out in the open, I'm pretty convinced that Raj and indentureddjinn are in cohoots with each other. Raj steered the bandwagon pretty fast in the wrong direction imho, and I'd like everyone to at least question how fast they change their votes like that. I was pretty amazed.

With this I'm going to continue voting for indentureddjinn. I'm sold.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:07 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Well, now youve convinced me. It doesnt look like there is any plain townies. I only steered it away because you were pressing so hard and acting so scummy.

now i feel safe
unvoting: Bacde

and
voting: indentureddjinn

if indentureddjinn was my parner i would have kept with the majority so people wouldnt suspect me.
Show

raj's to do list:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:15 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I still don't think there's much to be "sold on" considering if there are vanilla townies or not.

raj, don't go all WIFOM on us. If, if, if... If ID turns up scum, raj is a good candidate for scum as well. So is Nanook, but I'll explain that when the need arises. And, Bacde, why didn't you try and defend yourself before claiming?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Chaos
Chaos
Townie
Chaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:25 pm

Post by Chaos »

Just because you have a complicated role, doesn't mean that vanilla townies don't exist. That is a horrible reason to lynch djinn. Also, this seems like a mafia attempt to make the most complicated role you can, just so he looks less believable.

As I pointed out when I first voted for djinn, what he did was only a tad scummy. You shouldn't be "sold" on him by any means.

On another note, your own roleclaim is very vague and scummy to me - you didn't even tell us all the possible positive effects you can get! It is also almost impossible to confirm by regular means.

I am happy with my vote. But I still have one question for Bacde...
What is your
Role Type
?
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:01 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

I still don't think there's much to be "sold on" considering if there are vanilla townies or not.
waht do you mean by that. if someone was deal a fairly normal role, then they could possibly assume that there is just vanilla towines in the game. but with Bacde's claim and everyone agreeing that there is no normal roles int he game, i now beleive it.

i cant see how because i voiced what everyone knew.. Bacde was heavily pushing the town before a claim and discussion. and almost everyone FOS or voted him. should we now fos the whole town for changing thier vote.
Show

raj's to do list:

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:41 pm

Post by Bacde »

Inhim, I actually did try to defend myself, but my voice went unheeded in the tidal wave of the town. Either way, from my minimal experience I know that I suck at defending myself without a claim, not to mention that I like games to be upbeat and exciting, so I decided to claim.

And khaos, the king of specifics, you want it, you got it! My role type is: Random. Thats all it says, not random townie or anything. Either way, all of the rolls of the die, over again(including good ones):
1: I die (if I get protection from myself or doc I stay alive)
2: I have to vote myself next day
3: Nothing (cancels out 9)
4: Protect myself from nightkills(cancels out #1)
5: Roleblock
6: Watchman see targets
7: Protect anyone from nightkills (I can and WILL target myself always, also cancels out #1)
8: Vote counts twice
9: I roll again twice.
As you can see, some really stupid stuff can happen. I just hope I never roll a 9, and then roll a 2 + 8. That would suck. >_< But it would be funny.

But either way, Chaos, I'd like to know exactly why what I did seems like such a great scum tell to you. You talk to me as though I've played forum mafia before.

Again, I will say that I doubt there are any regular townies in this game. Yes I am basing it off my role. But if you look at the first post for bowser(example role), he was a vote restricted townie, not just a regular townie. Doesn't that make you think that each role gets a little bit of flavor? Indentureddjinn was very excited to jump on the bacde bandwagon to save his own life. Granted, if he was townie he would still want to save his own life, but I am still very convinced he is scum. My vote stands.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:36 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

raj wrote:but with Bacde's claim and everyone agreeing that there is no normal roles int he game, i now beleive it.
You apparently don't pay that much attention.
i cant see how because i voiced what everyone knew.. Bacde was heavily pushing the town before a claim and discussion. and almost everyone FOS or voted him. should we now fos the whole town for changing thier vote.
Well, I attacked you in particular... there's no need in hoping your mistakes get covered up in the wake of the town's vote change.
FOS: rajrhcpfreak
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:06 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

Vote Count! With
alive, it's
to lynch!

5 indentureddjinn - armlx, Bacde, inhimshallibe, Iammars, rajrhcpfreak
4 Bacde - Chaos, SinisterOverlord, indentureddjinn, NanookTheWolf
1 inhimshallibe - PBuG
1 Iammars - Someone
1 NanookTheWolf - NanookTheWolf

Not voting: Assasin
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:16 am

Post by Iammars »

Has someone seen Someone recently?

*waits for the groan*
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:34 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Yeah, he posted like 4 days ago ..

I have to
Fos Someone
on his 3 posts as well. If you want to know what I am talking about, just check them out.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:20 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Wow. My grandmother lynches people faster than you guys.
Show

:

Chaos
Chaos
Townie
Chaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:51 pm

Post by Chaos »

Bacde wrote:Inhim, I actually did try to defend myself, but my voice went unheeded in the tidal wave of the town. Either way, from my minimal experience I know that I suck at defending myself without a claim, not to mention that I like games to be upbeat and exciting, so I decided to claim.
So your reason for claiming quickly was because you suck at defending yourself? How would you know that anyways, if you never played forum mafia before? I think you should have tried to explain yourself in further detail...
Bacde wrote:And khaos, the king of specifics, you want it, you got it! My role type is: Random. Thats all it says, not random townie or anything.
Hmm... Interesting. Looking at the first post you'll see that the example (Bowser) was a vote-restricted
townie
. Not just vote-restricted. But I think that's going into more detail then nessesary. (Also, my role refers to me as a ___, not a ___ townie. So I guess that's a point in your favor.)
bacde wrote:Either way, all of the rolls of the die, over again(including good ones):
1: I die (if I get protection from myself or doc I stay alive)
2: I have to vote myself next day
3: Nothing (cancels out 9)
4: Protect myself from nightkills(cancels out #1)
5: Roleblock
6: Watchman see targets
7: Protect anyone from nightkills (I can and WILL target myself always, also cancels out #1)
8: Vote counts twice
9: I roll again twice.
As you can see, some really stupid stuff can happen. I just hope I never roll a 9, and then roll a 2 + 8. That would suck. >_< But it would be funny.
It seems that you are an extremely weak "random" townie, seeing as you can self-destruct after day 1, and yet you have no cop/vigging powers. And I could also see the possibility of Mr. Game & Watch being a serial killer, the flavor being that he's the one and only old school character in SSBM.
Bacde wrote:But either way, Chaos, I'd like to know exactly why what I did seems like such a great scum tell to you. You talk to me as though I've played forum mafia before.
You tried to turbo-lynch someone before they had time to defend themself.
That is about 1000 times more scummy then saying that you usually random vote and then saying you sometimes don't. (In djinn's case, for example.)
Bacde wrote:Again, I will say that I doubt there are any regular townies in this game. Yes I am basing it off my role. But if you look at the first post for bowser(example role), he was a vote restricted townie, not just a regular townie. Doesn't that make you think that each role gets a little bit of flavor? Indentureddjinn was very excited to jump on the bacde bandwagon to save his own life.
Djinn was jumping on your bandwagon for the same reason as everyone else did. You can't hold that against him.

I have played in / seen complex mafia games where there is one token vanilla townie. It is a common occurance. It is not enough solid evidence against him. And if there are going to be any vanilla townies in this game, trust me, chances are it'll be Jigglypuff. :p
Bacde wrote:Granted, if he was townie he would still want to save his own life, but I am still very convinced he is scum. My vote stands.
So now you are convinced he is scum? He made such a minor error, and claimed a very plausible role. Your reasoning is baseless.

On the other hand, you have been acting mega-scummy. I honestly don't think that you have the towns best interests in mind. My vote stands.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:55 pm

Post by armlx »

Note how Djinn didn't claim a role type with his role or mention anything....

Vote stands on Djinn and I'm looking at Chaos now....
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:21 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

if Djinn has some special ability and not sharing it, then hes only hurting the town.
Show

raj's to do list:

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:15 pm

Post by Bacde »

Chaos, reading through all your posts, it seems that you are more intent to find
me
(specifically) scum, rather than look at what is most likely happening. I didn't try to turbo lynch anyone. Do remember that he had sufficient time to claim before I was acting "scummy". I got annoyed (maybe even agitated) when I tried to set a deadline for him to claim by, and he didn't follow it. Still, he pushed my deadline, tripped up over himself while trying to defend himself, and just came up with a townie roleclaim. And Imho it is the general consensus of the town that there are no 100% basic townie roles (besides you that i know of). Honestly, as I see it, we have little possible to lose, and everything to gain. If we lynch him, we would most likely be able to tell who was scum if he was scum, and would be able to tell who was scum if he was innocent. Keep in mind that we wouldn't be lynching a crucial power role.

And either way, since this is day 1, there isn't going to be solid evidence against anyone. I don't know what you are playing at with that line.

Not to mention indentureddjinn isn't even defending himself. Why are you all of a sudden defending him? I can see you attacking me along side him, but what makes you so convinced he isn't scum? How do you know we aren't scum together?

I'm keeping my vote on djinn. If he wants me to remove it, he can defend himself thank you much.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:22 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

I have to say. the worst case scenrio is us lynching a townie.

At least hes not a power role

still dont buy his im only a townie role.
Show

raj's to do list:

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:26 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

* I still dont buy his "im only a townie role"
Show

raj's to do list:

Chaos
Chaos
Townie
Chaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:41 pm

Post by Chaos »

armlx wrote:Note how Djinn didn't claim a role type with his role or mention anything....

Vote stands on Djinn and I'm looking at Chaos now....
You make a good point here. Djinn, please tell us your role type.

Also, I am still reasonably sure that Bacde is the right lynch today, but whatever. I prefer to lynch people based on scummy behavior as opposed to claimed roles.

I guess I'm old fashioned like that.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:56 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I applaud your efforts, Chaos, I really do. I'd consider branching out every now and then to join the town, though. It's good for the skin, like sunscreen.
Show

:

NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:30 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I can't believe that I just NOW realized what the hell is really going on with the whole role type bit ...
Unvote: Bacde, Vote: Indentureddjin

I just put him at 6 out of 7 votes needed, and I know you all are waiting to hear his role type.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”