Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:35 am

Post by Kise »

Starbuck replaces DarkLightA. :)

Vote Count:

PranaDevil: 5
(inHimshallibe, Iecerint, bill1148, Starbuck (
DarkLightA
), Nautilus)
Iecerint: 4
(KDub, Glork, MehPlusRawr, dramonic, Chronopie)
Glork: 2
(Zodiark13)
Zodiark13: 2
(Devotress, FC Groningen)
dramonic: 1
(bv310)
bv310: 1
(wolframnhart)
Chronopie: 1
(WorseExcuse)

Not Voting:

Antifinity
JPSalazar
killa seven
PranaDevil

Lynch:

11 votes.

Deadline:

May 2nd - 5:40 PM EST
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Starbuck »

Catching up in a bit guys.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Iecerint »

dramonic wrote:Because that glitch only exist in certain versions of the game.
I don't think it was fixed until the GBA version in 2006 or whenever, except in the form of fan bug fixes of ROMs. It is at any rate a comparatively minor argument IMO.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Kdub »

Nautilius wrote:This whole Yerk thing is looking like a distraction to me.
He sounds honest to me, and I'll only be only voting for him at this point if we agree on policy lynching the death miller
I think he has been fairly open when it comes to answering questions about his role. I don't think his play is scummy, but there is just a lot of objective evidence against him that seems a bit hard to explain away as circumstantial. I feel uncomfortable leaving him alive, and I would probably get more uncomfortable about it as we get deeper into the game.
FC wrote:Also, I think the attention was moved rather sudden to Iece on page 5, away from Zodiark.
Agree with this, Zodiark just vanished from the thread as soon as he started to draw some suspicion. He has not made a case on anyone except for an OMGUS accusation of Glork and is speculating on flavor more than anything else. I'd be willing to switch my vote to him if we decide to wait on Iec until later.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:09 am

Post by dramonic »

he's probably going to try to amaze us with a senseless flavour apocalypse strike.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:03 am

Post by bill1148 »

I'm not to sure what to make of the Iecerint situation myself. Although the "Blind" ability is used numerous times throughout the Final Fantasy universe, "black goop" distinctively means ink. And Ultros the octopus is known for Blind.

Also, I don't understand the argument that
"I know Iece is mafia, but just in case, let's keep him around until we kill another scum."
What are you people going to do if he gains an uber-powerful ability during that time frame? What if tomorrow's night kill says something like "strangled by Tentacles?" If you
know
someone is mafia, you kill them the first chance you get. If you believe Iece is mafia, you lynch him. You don't keep him around, putting other players at risk (including yourselves).

That said, I'm not sold on voting Iece yet. Although his defense isn't that great (Blind is glitched in VI :roll: ), there really hasn't been much inconsistency from him. In fact, I'd liken his situation to dramonic's situation earlier in the game (Ramuh = electrocution). The major difference is, "black goop" is far easier to connect to Ultros than electrocution is to Ramuh. And Ultros is obviously more of a "villian" than Ramuh is.

The fact that a handful of players jumped on the Iece bandwagon near simultaneously after "black goop" is mentioned is a bit suspicious.
Chronopie wrote: --

I think we should wait a day or two (until we hit scum).

Therefore
Unvote
Chronopie wrote:I agree with Dram here.

That flavour based defense sounds more like: "Oh shit, I've been rumbled. Think up an excuse."

Re-vote: Iecerint
unvote

vote Chronopie

When you flip-flop, try to be less conspicuous about it.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Iecerint »

bill1148 wrote:That said, I'm not sold on voting Iece yet. Although his defense isn't that great (Blind is glitched in VI :roll: )
That is not my primary defense.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by dramonic »

Well, your primary defense is WIFOM, your secondary is that...
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I am still unsure about Iecerint, when glork brought up the description about his blindness it made me think immediately about Iecerint's claim, but with people jumping on it so quickly, i didn't want to vote that way because it seemed too easy. I still have my vote on bv310 because even though it started off as an RVS vote, the guy has not posted anything at all since the top of page 2, and has posted in other games.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Antifinity »

The fact that he only appears to be a villain before we've 'officially' discovered there are two mafias actually seems to confirm Icerint to me.

It is the only logical way to handle a miller of any kind in a two mafia game. The fact that Icerint brought up this requirment before we suspected there would be two mafias probably means that he is either telling the truth, or had some way of knowing that there are two factions.

Also, if you read the flavor from the first night, it is clearly phrased as a black tornado 'fighting' a white cyclone. I think that seems to represent two factions of approximately equal power fighting each other, not the actions of say, a vig or the like.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by bv310 »

Prodded and doing a quick catchup post. I'm not happy with Antifinity's posting so far. A lot of what he's said so far has been either IIoA or Setup Speculation. He flat-out asked for the claimed Ifrit to come forward and clarify his element. Doing this exposes a second probable PR, as Ramuh's already claimed. His last post of flavour conflict is not only a giant pile of nothing, it's also likely to drag us back in to flavour discussion again, which is completely useless.

Unvote, Vote: Antifinity
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by dramonic »

Antifinity wrote:Also, if you read the flavor from the first night, it is clearly phrased as a black tornado 'fighting' a white cyclone.
Not... Really... It just say they are headed for the same place.
I'm a hoot
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Iecerint »

dramonic wrote:Well, your primary defense is WIFOM, your secondary is that...
Well, yeah. What other kind of defense is possible? None, right? Kind of like your "I am a nice Ramuh" defense?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by dramonic »

I havent put up a I am a nice ramuh defense. I said black tornado does not compute and just cuz I'm a lightning summon doesnt make me the only electricity in the game.
Your situation is much more damning :S
I'm a hoot
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Iecerint »

You said you're Ramuh but are not scum. That's what I mean by a "nice Ramuh" defense.

I think a (reasonable) WIFOM defense gives players more to hang their hat on.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Antifinity »

What I said at the end was an analysis of the flavor, to support my two mafia analysis. The main point of the post was to clarify that either the two mafia know about one another, and Icerint is in one of them, or that he is probably what he says he is.

Since we don't yet know if we have a doctor, the investigator can't come forward and declare whether Icerint is innocent or not. Still, it seems an awfully big risk to step forward and declare yourself a 'investigates as innocent death miller' if you don't know for sure that you can't be found out.

This leads to my conclusion that he is either a Godfather given Ultros as a flavor cover (seems unlikely) or what he says he is, a death miller.

Thus my analysis is that we might be better served going after someone more suspicious, such as Glork, who I don't really believe about the Blind status. It especially seems odd to me that he only brought up such a suspicious detail after he first claimed to be under the effect.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by Iecerint »

^ Or I could be an investi-proof SK who can both kill and blind. (Or I'm an invest-proof SK who can just kill, and the blind is a total coincidence.)

Glork's blind status is mod-confirmed, or at least he keeps missing whenever he votes someone. What do you make of it?
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Iecerint wrote:^ Or I could be an investi-proof SK who can both kill and blind. (Or I'm an invest-proof SK who can just kill, and the blind is a total coincidence.)
Whether he killed or not, I'm tired of the back and forth suspicion, especially because of the black goop and the Ultros talk. Until I have reason otherwise, or more urgent of my vote:

Vote: Iecerint

It's my best deduction thus far for scum. The Ultros talk, dancing around, playing devil's advocate (almost suggesting he is some sort of kill, possibly trying to make us think he's acting as a diversion because no scum would rightfully play the devil's advocate role, and thus having the rest of the players engage in recursive thinking, going "Why would he be scum and suggest he is scum? Maybe he's a diversion...but why would he oust himself"?).

FoS:
PranaDevil
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

Today, he would become a real American hero."- Kise
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Glork »

Antifinity wrote:The black ink flavor bit, or even the Blind status could, in theory, be a cover for some other ability. It is a logical enough explanation, and knowing that Ultros is a Death Miller (especially one that only works early on) makes him an excellent target for a Day 1 lynch from the scum perspective.

Further, if we go on the Ultros=SK angle, and the scum are aware of that, or at least guess it, then it furthers their goals even more to get him lynched, since that way he doesn't even get a single night shot (inking?) against them.

FoS: Glork

I'm not saying I trust Ultros, but Glork certainly could have a strong Mafia angle, and being unable to vote, and/or having an extra vote on him, could be a counter balance to some other powerful action, such as being a Godfather, or having some sort of extra night action.
Not gonna lie, at some point I expected somebody to go "Glork being Blind is a cover for something," but that doesn't make the notion any less silly. Sure, being Blind has no bearing on how likely I am to be protown. All it means is that a player targeted me with an anti-town ability. There could very well be multiple scumgroups....

But to me it seems that you're insinuating that I'm Blind of my own right, and that it counteracts a powerful scum ability. There are a few reasons that this is downright stupid.
1) If I were making up the Blind thing specifically for the purpose of framing Ultros, don't you think I would have said "Blahblah, I'm blind, blahblah, Ink, blahblah, Ultros, blahblah, lynch him"
RIGHT FROM THE START OF THE DAY
? Instead it took
somebody else directly asking me about Blindness flavor for me to even make that connection
. This indicates that there was NO malicious intent in my "black goop" explanation.
2) Even if Blindness were to offset another ability -- something for which there is ZERO evidence -- how does that necessarily make it a
scum
ability?

You're reaching awfully far for even a mere FoS.

Antifinity wrote:It is the only logical way to handle a miller of any kind in a two mafia game. The fact that Icerint brought up this requirment before we suspected there would be two mafias probably means that he is either telling the truth, or had some way of knowing that there are two factions.
Generally if you're in a mafia with VERY FEW PLAYERS, you can pretty much conclude that there's a second scumgroup out there. Also, if Ultros does happen to be an SK (less likely but still possible, IMO), you'd know for a fact that there are multiple scumgroups. So if he's not telling the truth, then yes -- he very likely knew that there were multiple scumgroups.
Antifinity wrote:Thus my analysis is that we might be better served going after someone more suspicious, such as Glork, who I don't really believe about the Blind status. It especially seems odd to me that he only brought up such a suspicious detail after he first claimed to be under the effect.
Is the "Blindness" thing the only reason you find me suspicious?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Devotress »

bill1148 wrote:

Therefore
Unvote

That flavour based defense sounds more like: "Oh shit, I've been rumbled. Think up an excuse."

unvote

vote Chronopie

Chronopie. What changed to make you decide we shouldn't wait a day or two afterall? (note: the quesion isn't "why is icerint scum")
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Devotress »

Kise wrote:Starbuck replaces DarkLightA. :)
Hi starbuck! Maybe we can both win this game, unlike over in mishmash.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by Glork »

Iecerint wrote:Devo, do you think I'm mafiascum, SKscum, or any of the above?

For what it's worth, I was well aware that Ultros uses Blind when you fight him. You can be pretty sure of that because my N0 post includes some quotes from the Ultros fight. Consequently, I wouldn't have used Blind having claimed Ultros unless I were forced to (i.e. must use Blind to perform your kill, or something similar), in which case I wouldn't have claimed Ultros, anyway. [/WIFOM]
What happens if you weren't aware that your target would be sent associated flavor?

I could feasibly see you making a fake Death Miller claim without knowing I would be sent anything, and then going "ohshit" when I claimed the goop/Blindness flavor.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

Devotress wrote:
bill1148 wrote:

Therefore
Unvote

unvote

vote Chronopie

Chronopie. What changed to make you decide we shouldn't wait a day or two afterall? (note: the quesion isn't "why is icerint scum")
agreed. This came out of nowhere again.
FOS
on Chronopie
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Mod: Can you please update the first post to reflect my entrance into the game? TY. <3

I am quite a bit lost with all this flavor. I'm not really an FF fan.

Wow, get rid of ABR and Reck on N0! Thanks for saving us from their angry sexual tension! I have a good amount of experience with both Reck and ABR.

So, the beginning Vote Count starts with a vote on Glork? Why?

On PranaDevil
PranaDevil wrote:Second, where does it say "lightning bolt"? It says electrocuted.Which are two different things as far as I'm concerned. So I'm not about to go voting someone based on such flimsy reasoning.
How is it flimsy? Besides the flavor clearly stating it, did you not take elementary science? What happens when a lightning bolt hits ANYTHING?

Also, saying things like....
PranaDevil wrote:Am I now? That's interesting, considering I'm not. Which means you're either really bad scum (you've been here about 6 years, I doubt that), or you're town and have made a right royal pigs ear of something.
and
PranaDevil wrote:So no, I'm not scum, and I don't even think you are, you're town with a role that's giving you false information of some kind.
Aren't really good ways to start off a game or to get suspicion off you.

I'm also not keen on Prana's jumpiness. It's like he's scrambling already.

It looks like my predecessor already placed the vote, sweet.

On Devotress

I'm not comfortable with Devotress's lets wait til tomorrow to lynch Iec. Setting up lynches isn't a pro-town play in my book.

FOS: Devotress
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Post by Devotress »

Starbuck wrote:
On Devotress

I'm not comfortable with Devotress's lets wait til tomorrow to lynch Iec. Setting up lynches isn't a pro-town play in my book.

FOS: Devotress
The intent isn't to set up a future incerint lynch but to put off an Icerint lynch people are trying to get happening today, there is a difference in that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”