FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:38 am

Post by FC Groningen »

wolframnhart wrote:
FC wrote:1 He voted and there were no serious/well based bandwagons so far so I didn't expect a well based vote. His activity is lacking compared to other's but he did post. If you want more of him, feel free to pressure him yourself.
If you didn't expect a well based vote why bother voting him at all?
2 Yes, my vote had other reasons. 1, I was asked to vote because it seemed scummy to withhold a vote, so I picked the best alternative there was according to myself. 2, I did and do not expect that this vote will lead to a lynch, but if Wreckstar or K-7 would get on 7 or 8, the odds might go up.
So you voted because if you didn't it would seem scummy? I find scum are more worried about what people think about their actions. Why would THC have to be the best alternative? Because he had votes against himself? You could have looked at the other players and found someone else
you
thought was scummy, but instead you went where other votes and suspicions were.
3 Yep, I'm new to this site so I don't know any of you or how you all play. Since no one bothered to argue against semioldguy, I assume he was right. Also considering no one voted for K-7 afterwards except twoheaded, I think he was right as well.
You are new to this site, but not mafia if i remember correctly from your posts in the Queue, and when semi-old guy voted you and started asking you questions you "believed him" about K7 and now have gone towards THC.
4 I'm not convinced twoheadedcyclops is scum, but I do consider him more likely to be scum right now. Why? See my earlier post(s) about him and also because I think both alternative bandwagons aren't well founded as I've said a few times before. K-7 for not partaking in discussions apparantly and Wreckstar for personal reasons. I think the bandwagons on these guys will lead to nothing unless some new facts about these guys come up, so I do think it would be wise to change to focus to other people.
as far as i see this is the only real time you mention anything against THC:
FC wrote:<snip>FOS: Twoheadedcyclops for joining the K7 bandwagon this late.
Because he joined a bandwagon late. And how can you think that a bandwagon against someone who is not taking part in discussions (which is what you say about K-7) will lead to nothing?
1 To get him to vote at least. That way you always force someone to pick some side, even in RVS. Voting analysis, I bet I don't have to explain that to you.

2 I think any player regardless of side will try to stay alive, unless he/she is planning some sacrifice in order to let his side win. About other alternatives, possible, but I already explained my case on him. Also, if you read back you can see that I presented my case on THC when he had no votes on him, but added a FoS instead of a vote. Reasons why were also already stated. In other words, I didn't need someone else to have the bandwagon started, I just thought a FoS would do and would have the same effect.

3 As you said, I'm not new to mafia, but as far as I know/knew, the reason to lynch K-7 was based on a personal habit/trait of his. Which is to contribute little and not partaking in the RVS. Thats not something I could know, without either someone pointing that out for me or something I have to find out firsthand. In fact, me not being new to mafia led me to suspect K-7 in the first place, because its an obvious scumtell on Nukezone. (other site I used to play Mafia/Werewolf)

4 post 107

5 Because apparantly K-7 always acts like that. And unless K-7 always turns out to be evil, that doesn't say anthing about him either being town or scum, but it might say something about his ability to play this game.
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi
Wreck Star
Wreck Star
Townie
Wreck Star
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Wreck Star »

[Reck]

@2HC - not to sound like the Harbringer or anything... but allow me to paint this beauuuutiful picture for you. You random vote us. Then you decide to jump on the "Wreck Star is stretching things" bandwagon with Konowa, which implies your vote was now less-than-random. Then I pressure you on the matter, and the other half of your hydra comes in and is all "Nah brahhhhh we didn't mean that just chillax" and unvotes, thereby hoping to avoid the pressure shit-storm you have coming your way. Then we continue to pressure you on the issue (because, let's face it, that was an awful attempt to pressure me on something so fucking stupid) and you just go all stone-face on us and decide you're not going to apologize or discuss the issue and make multiple attempts to redirect the attention to Kast. The pressure STILL doesn't let up, so you decide you're going to threaten "WC" (which I can only assume is supposed to be "WS") with a vote, and when I point out how obvious the situation is, you just say that I can't think outside the box. Starbuck rationally explains that our vote for you is okay, and you just say that we're being vindictive.

Face it - you folded under pressure. Twice. The origin of this whole thing was Konowa making a statement about me stretching, and then you rushing to his side to be like "YAH GUYZ KONOWAZ RITE". Buddying attempt, awful reasoning, folding under pressure, using the "I can't speak for my partner" excuse (play like a damn hydra already), and trying to ignore the issue altogether.

Our vote on you is
fiiiiiine
xRECKONERx + Starbuck = Frakking Awesomeness
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:47 am

Post by Kdub »

Vote Count

d3x (1)
- AlmasterGM
farside22 (0)
-
wolframnhart (0)
-
ooba (1)
- DragonsofSummer
Kast (1)
- hp [leaves]
Toon Fighter (0)
-
Konowa (0)
-
hp [leaves] (1)
- Scott Brosius
CryMeARiver (0)
-
Dragon Phoenix (1)
- CryMeARiver
Wreck Star (2)
- ooba, bv310
killa seven (3)
- Vel-Rahn Koon, danakillsu, TwoHeadedCyclops
Vel-Rahn Koon (0)
-
AlmasterGM (0)
-
Scott Brosius (0)
-
danakillsu (0)
-
totallynotmafia (0)
-
FC Groningen (5)
- Konowa, semioldguy, wolframnhart, Dragon Phoenix, totallynotmafia
semioldguy (0)
-
TwoHeadedCyclops (5)
- d3x, farside22, Wreck Star, FC Groningen, Toon Fighter
DragonsofSummer (0)
-
bv310 (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (2)
- Kast, killa seven

22 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is May 8, ~4 pm PDT
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:49 am

Post by ooba »

totallynotmafia wrote:I did the same kind of thing as scum in my newbie game where I voted for someone and then qualified it by saying it was just a vote for pressure (I was pulled up on in too). I think scum are likely to over-explain and over-qualify everything they do, such as this from FC.
1) Did you play Mafia on any other site - or was MS your first online experience?
2) You don't think playstyle matters - Do you think all newbie scum are prone to over-explaining themselves?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:53 am

Post by farside22 »

Something in FC's post feels like VI.
@2head: Do you still find Kast scummy? if so why?
Reck/Star sadly I get town vibes those voting them need to explain why.
Dragon's vote and reasoning seems weak stuff coming from him.
Totally is following over and over and I haven't seen anything from him but fluff.
bv and k-7 need to stop lurking/posting crap and contribute.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:05 am

Post by ooba »

farside22 wrote:bv and k-7 need to stop lurking/posting crap and contribute.
Why leave out d3x, Scott Brosius and DragonsofSummer?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:11 am

Post by farside22 »

ooba wrote:
Your right I even forgot they were in the game. Make it so Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I have this star trek/ star wars combo in my head now. :lol:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:12 am

Post by wolframnhart »

wouldn't that be a hell of a game, star wars vs star trek mafia!! :lol:
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:30 am

Post by farside22 »

wolframnhart wrote:wouldn't that be a hell of a game, star wars vs star trek mafia!! :lol:
My poor head. I would almost consider doing this if I wasn't already overwhelmed. Someone needs to take that idea and run.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

TwoHeadedCyclops wrote:
Toon Fighter wrote:@ THC: You may not have felt pressured, but it certainly seemed like it

Vote: TwoHeaded Cyclops
Why did you wait until there were more votes on me to vote me?
Because I was more convenced of your scuminess today that I was yesterday
Wreck Star
Wreck Star
Townie
Wreck Star
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:48 am

Post by Wreck Star »

[Reck]
farside22 wrote:Reck/Star
sadly
I get town vibes those voting them need to explain why.
Don't sound too excited there, farside. BRB gonna go figure out WTF is up with the FCG wagon.
Wreck Star
Wreck Star
Townie
Wreck Star
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Wreck Star »

[Reck]

...okay, I don't get the FCG wagon. Can someone explain it to me?
TwoHeadedCyclops
TwoHeadedCyclops
Townie
TwoHeadedCyclops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:28 am

Post by TwoHeadedCyclops »

Wreck Star wrote:[Reck]

@2HC - not to sound like the Harbringer or anything... but allow me to paint this beauuuutiful picture for you. You random vote us. Then you decide to jump on the "Wreck Star is stretching things" bandwagon with Konowa, which implies your vote was now less-than-random. Then I pressure you on the matter, and the other half of your hydra comes in and is all "Nah brahhhhh we didn't mean that just chillax" and unvotes, thereby hoping to avoid the pressure shit-storm you have coming your way. Then we continue to pressure you on the issue (because, let's face it, that was an awful attempt to pressure me on something so fucking stupid) and you just go all stone-face on us and decide you're not going to apologize or discuss the issue and make multiple attempts to redirect the attention to Kast. The pressure STILL doesn't let up, so you decide you're going to threaten "WC" (which I can only assume is supposed to be "WS") with a vote, and when I point out how obvious the situation is, you just say that I can't think outside the box. Starbuck rationally explains that our vote for you is okay, and you just say that we're being vindictive.

Face it - you folded under pressure. Twice. The origin of this whole thing was Konowa making a statement about me stretching, and then you rushing to his side to be like "YAH GUYZ KONOWAZ RITE". Buddying attempt, awful reasoning, folding under pressure, using the "I can't speak for my partner" excuse (play like a damn hydra already), and trying to ignore the issue altogether.

Our vote on you is
fiiiiiine
I have tried not to escalate things. I keep in mind these people are more likely teammates than enemies. I keep in mind that there are 22 players. My priorities are in the right place, imo.
I've had too many cups of cofffee today
TwoHeadedCyclops
TwoHeadedCyclops
Townie
TwoHeadedCyclops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:30 am

Toon Fighter wrote:
TwoHeadedCyclops wrote:
Toon Fighter wrote:@ THC: You may not have felt pressured, but it certainly seemed like it

Vote: TwoHeaded Cyclops
Why did you wait until there were more votes on me to vote me?
Because I was more convenced of your scuminess today that I was yesterday
Yeah there are a lot more votes today
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:40 am

Post by d3x »

ooba wrote:
I've been kind of site-wide MIA for a little while and I'm slowly making my way back. I made it a point to catch up in another game yesterday and was planning on doing the same here today. Expect something later. Again, appologies.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
TwoHeadedCyclops
TwoHeadedCyclops
Townie
TwoHeadedCyclops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:41 am

farside22 wrote: @2head: Do you still find Kast scummy? if so why?
His first post still looks off to me, for the same reasons, but my suspicion and attention has been on my wagon recently.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Kast »

@FS/3PO-
-To be clear, 3PO is stating that his initial attack on me is because he thinks I was padding my posts. He thinks I wanted to appear to be contributing without actually doing so. Is this correct?
--Does 3PO still adhere to this position?
I think you shouldn't have mentioned it at all.
Seems like a statement without analysis.
These are mildly inconsistent.
If your focus is looking like you're reading and posting actively then it makes more sense.
-If a player IS active, do their posts make them look like they are active?
--Is there something wrong with that?
--Is calling out players for posting irrelevant fluff being active?
--If not, how do you reconcile that with your initial attack post?

@3PO/FCG-
-3PO was arguing technicalities to create confusion. It sounds like the confusion has now been settled. 3PO voted, but later moved his vote. FCG objects to 3PO placing a vote back on K7 with no reason other than K7 has the biggest wagon. According to one of 3PO's heads, FCG is correct.
Anyone who didn't know what lurking was
Wtf? This is a large theme game. This isn't a Newbie game. You cannot legitimately defend yourself by claiming that people in this game might not know what lurking is.
In fact it's automatically not if a player does it all the time, and that is the accusation.
Scummy behavior does not become not scummy simply because a player engages in it often. While scumtells should be applied on a case by case basis, there is a measure of objectivity to them. Lurking *is* scummy. It is generally not *as* scummy as more active tells like scumslips or false claims or any of a number of other tells, but that doesn't mean it is not scummy.

@Starbuck-
So it seems that Reckoner has dug us into a hole. Thanks a lot, Will.
This reads questionable. Sounds like appeasement.
-Most of the rest sounds like catch up posting.
-Also, pot; kettle.

@3PO-
His first post still looks off to me, for the same reasons, but my suspicion and attention has been on my wagon recently.
In other words, I don't want to acknowledge my backpedaling because I'm already under a lot of pressure for doing it in the first place. :roll:
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:43 am

Post by danakillsu »

V/LA as noted in sig.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Kdub »

Konowa has requested replacement. I am contacting a potential replacement now. Expect an announcement soon.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Well I'm out of time. I haven't read anything since I posted yesterday, and I'm only up to post 158 or so. I'm posting what I have so far. Farside I haven't forgotten the question you asked me in post 115, I'll get to it when I finish up.

@ ooba, 129: given the context of the post, do you find option b to be likely? Did you mean to say wreck/CMAR = b, or did you mean to reverse those?

@dana, 130: why just put "POST" if you're expecting something specific?

@THC, post 143: with the posts following the one you FoS'd Kast for, do you think he now looks more town or more scummy?

THC, heh, great abbreviation of a name!!

post 146: same question I asked of ooba: do you find option b (a sarcastic reply) to be likely, given the context of the post (clarification notwithstanding).

post 151: you were the 2nd vote on k7, but you abandoned it 13 posts later for a wreck vote that wasn't very . You only came back to it when people started pressuring you (that's the way it looks even if you said it's not a few posts back).

Why bother coming back to what is essentially a random vote on a crap wagon for no reason on page 4 (almost 5)?
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:28 am

Post by farside22 »

@Kast: That is what I gathered reading 2heads post on you and don't agree with.
@Vel: You can ignore the question I asked you in 115 I realized I had the wrong name in my head at the time.
TwoHeadedCyclops
TwoHeadedCyclops
Townie
TwoHeadedCyclops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:30 am

Sorry Kast, I'm interested in finding scum, not debating every element of an argument.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by d3x »

Ok, so I'm caught up and I have a strong feeling that people are gonna howl at me for not coming back with more, but meh. I'm also prepared to hear a bunch of 'Pot Vs Kettle' calls.

Currently on my radar are the following {for the following reasons}:
Scott Brosius
- For stretching the RVS while he was here and not giving anything else since.
Cry
- For stretching the RVS and then the whole anti-WS push for some bs inconsistency {all while holding a RVS Vote for DP}. I especially don't like the whole 'I misunderstood, lol' vibe I got from p144.
THC
- So many reasons. The fights with WS and Kast mostly. I feel that these are both really reaching.
wolf
- Following along and mostly posting fluff, imo. No real content through 10 posts across 7 pages. {Given once the content starts, I'm inclined to like it. This is my weakest Scum-leaning feeling}

I felt the need to say that these are leaning townie for me:
FC
- Pushing to exit the RVS early followed by decent posting, imo. I'm not feeling the recent push on him at all.
Kast
- Solid reads and arguments. Can we please only nickname one person 3PO, though? I love it, but with 3 of them running around, it gets confusing.

Other random musings:
WS
- I don't know why there is/was a wagon there.

In summation, I'm happy with my Vote on 2Headed3PO. I'd like to make it official, though.

UnVote/Vote:2HeadedCyclops

GTKAS - d3x
TwoHeadedCyclops
TwoHeadedCyclops
Townie
TwoHeadedCyclops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote: post 146: same question I asked of ooba: do you find option b (a sarcastic reply) to be likely, given the context of the post (clarification notwithstanding).
Yes that is the answer I'd expect from some chronic lurker in his first rvs post. Don't you guys expect jokes then?

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote: post 151: you were the 2nd vote on k7, but you abandoned it 13 posts later for a wreck vote that wasn't very . You only came back to it when people started pressuring you (that's the way it looks even if you said it's not a few posts back).

Why bother coming back to what is essentially a random vote on a crap wagon for no reason on page 4 (almost 5)?
How could we "come back" to an essentially random crap wagon, when all of our votes were on essentially random crap wagons? Our wreckstar vote was random. We didn't suspect Wreckstar until they started freaking and acting like we did. Also, page 5 is like 2 days into the game I believe? Not very far.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by d3x »

Oh yeah! I forgot to say this...
In p133, Cry wrote:
farside wrote:CMAR: Needs to stop talking about movies, music and tv and start scum hunting nano
I have with my last few posts. Also, there is usually reason to almost everything I post,
almost
everything
I can't wait to hear the reasons that you posted this little gem, along with your supposed reasons for stretching the RVS with off-topic filler.

If you're saying that the talk of fs's "movies, music, and tv" was one of those few times that there was no reason, why did you respond with the above? If that's not what you were saying, then what is the reason for said talk of "movies, music, and tv"?

*End Transmission*

GTKAS - d3x

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”