Mini 954 ~ Mafia at the 11th Hour (Game Over!)

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by d3x »

Gammagooey replaces Maemuki. Welcome him! (or else)
So welcomed.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Sup, chump. Get on the awesome wagon nao.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Give me the short version of why it's so awesome and I just might. Is it the whole "hey I do this as scum" but he also does it as town or is it deeper than that?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Jahudo wrote:I think Nikanor is making too big of an issue over Percy taking ~10 hours to make his second post. Percy didn't have to be prodded again, and he gave a reason that sounded reasonable. Besides, the pace and content-level of this game should not be daunting to scum. Nikanor, do your examples include games under similar circumstances to this?
Ehh, no. At least I don't think so.
Actually, wait. This is a game that roughly matches the circumstances here, I believe. I ended up replacing out of that game, though.
VP wrote:What is your experience with Percy? Have you played with him as town before?
My experience with Percy is nil. What does it matter? Do you think that somehow impacts the validity of a point?
d3x wrote:To start with, he's come after VP {p26} and Percy {p60} for activity issues which I find ridiculous. Nik overlooked multiple people {myself included} when he went after VP at the top of page 2 for what I'm assuming would be active lurking. Ironic, eh VP?
Again, I noticed that VP was posting elsewhere but not in this thread, so I pointed it out. I'm not pretending that it was a decisive point of evidence or anything, but certainly worthy of notice in my opinion.
d3x wrote:This does not feel like RVS joking to me, it feels legit. Couple that with the fact that he backs up the position in p48 {he calls it both evidence and a lead} and we're heading down to UnHappy town. He also skips past his reasoning for ignoring the other lurkers {not so subtley from you in p29 and again in p41 just in case he missed it the first time around}.
a) I don't see how being serious about something is scummy, and b) I never skipped over any reasoning.
d3x wrote:He's not saying that these are things ScumPercy does, he's saying that these are things that ScumNik does. He is using his own meta to come after another player for really shaky reasons. Afterall, I could provide the same amount of examples of TownNik doing this behavior {saying "i'll catch up" and then dissappearing until a prod is sent}.
Yeah, and because I do them as scum I assume that everyone does them as scum. That's how I hunt for scum. I think, "What would I do in his position, as scum and as town?" and then make a decision on his scumminess/towniness accordingly.
And I don't ever recall doing this as town.
d3x wrote:With the slightest bit of pressure, he backs down from this lurker hunt just like he did before. He then goes after Seraphim for meh reasons, imo.
Lurker hunting on page five fails, that's why. I had better evidence, so I went for it.
Percy wrote:Good points from d3x on Nikanor. I think it boils down to "more concerned about posting rather than posts", and his case on Seraphim is all spin.
My case is not spin. My case is mighty fine, if you ask me. Why do you think it is spin?
d3x wrote:Also of note in that 2nd link is the fact that this exact situation played out. There were multiple promises of posts and then days would slip by before we heard from him again. Had the Mod been in attendance, prods would've been sent.
Ehh, that game. I tried to forget about that. Such bad memories. That is by far my worst performance as a town role to this date. I won't deny lurking in that game, but that's because I was too stupid and too busy to scumhunt like a normal person.
Anyway, the point is not that I do that exclusively as scum. The point is that I do that as scum five times more often than I do as town.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:24 am

Post by Porkens »

Well, after rereading the OP, I see that I'm a failure at life.

I thought that if we hung TM, he'd get his ghost powers and we could see how that worked.

You guys could lynch me, then I'd get ghost powers. I'd be fine with that.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:36 am

Post by Jahudo »

What's a ghost power, Porkens?
Nikanor wrote:
Jahudo wrote:I think Nikanor is making too big of an issue over Percy taking ~10 hours to make his second post. Percy didn't have to be prodded again, and he gave a reason that sounded reasonable. Besides, the pace and content-level of this game should not be daunting to scum. Nikanor, do your examples include games under similar circumstances to this?
Ehh, no. At least I don't think so.
Actually, wait. This is a game that roughly matches the circumstances here, I believe. I ended up replacing out of that game, though.
What are you trying to show with that game? Both of those scum were posting on page 1. They didn't lurk through the random vote stage.
Nikanor wrote:I noticed that VP was posting elsewhere but not in this thread, so I pointed it out.
That's reasonable by itself. But it starts to look like your going on a general lurker hunt when you bring Percy into the discussion. I guess we could argue semantics over what "catching up ASAP" means, which is literally "as soon as possible", which for him seemed to be 10 hours. If Percy had said "catching up now", that would be more black-and-white. Did you see read into his wording like this, or was there something else that made him stand out from someone like Tony who hadn't posted at all by that point?
Nikanor wrote:
d3x wrote:Also of note in that 2nd link is the fact that this exact situation played out. There were multiple promises of posts and then days would slip by before we heard from him again. Had the Mod been in attendance, prods would've been sent.
Ehh, that game. I tried to forget about that. Such bad memories. That is by far my worst performance as a town role to this date. I won't deny lurking in that game, but that's because I was too stupid and too busy to scumhunt like a normal person.
Anyway, the point is not that I do that exclusively as scum. The point is that I do that as scum five times more often than I do as town.
Even in the random vote stage?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Gammagooey wrote:Give me the short version of why it's so awesome and I just might. Is it the whole "hey I do this as scum" but he also does it as town or is it deeper than that?
lol, noooooooooooo.

It's the whole, "I'm going to attack people over BS" reasoning. His attacks of Percy and myself for lurking when we obv were not stink to high heaven, imo.

Especially when:
Nikanor wrote:My experience with Percy is nil.
I mean, being a few pages in and calling out lurking on someone who says "I'll post as soon as possible" without knowing the person (because Percy does that ALL THE TIME in my experience) is pretty poor scumhunting, imo.

To answer Nik
Nikanor wrote:What does it matter? Do you think that somehow impacts the validity of a point?
Yes, I think it very much impacts it. As I said above, saying "I'm busy, but you can expect a post soon." is pretty much par for the course with Percy. I guess you not knowing him gives you a bit of an excuse, but it's still a pretty poorly fashioned attack.
Nik wrote:Again, I noticed that VP was posting elsewhere but not in this thread, so I pointed it out. I'm not pretending that it was a decisive point of evidence or anything, but certainly worthy of notice in my opinion.
The biggest issue was that you clearly weren't looking at context at all. I had just posted in this thread not that long ago and essentially nothing worth mentioning had happened here. Meanwhile, I do have other games that are much more advanced and actually require my attention. I'm not sure if you were just stirring shit to have a discussion going or actually believed the garbage you were saying.
Porkens wrote:You guys could lynch me, then I'd get ghost powers. I'd be fine with that.
How do you know you'd get powers after you die for sure? Seems to me like the mod was very vague about what would happen in terms of getting powers or even if they'd be useful.

What are your thoughts on Nikanor and Percy?
YOUR AD HERE

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:06 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh Jahudo makes me really paranoid for some reason but I suppose I can afford some lunch on the awesome wagon.
Vote:Nikanor
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:12 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Bluh I don't remember to unvote
unvote

Vote:Nikanor
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Porkens »

The game is called 11th hour, the OP refers to "One last shot."

maybe I'm reading WAY in-between the lines but...I doubt it?

So lynch whoever, we'll see.

Dramonic is my A+ #1 pick for scum for that "well maaaaybe your town and maaaaybe your not" business, but I'd lynch anyone today.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:53 am

Post by d3x »

Unsolicited Thoughts:

Given I've only played the one game with him, but I feel that TownPork was very different in his playstyle than I'm experiencing here. This and the question dodging {multiple requests for his reaction to AwesomeWagon with no direct response} is making me nervous, thus him being on my short list.

GTKAS - d3x
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Porkens wrote:Dramonic is my A+ #1 pick for scum for that "well maaaaybe your town and maaaaybe your not" business, but I'd lynch anyone today.
And again, pretty sure it states somewhere that not all powers are going to be useful, so this attitude of 'mislynches are ok because they'll get a power' doesn't really float for me.

Agree with d3x about your question dodging. I didn't ask who your number one pick is, I asked for your thoughts on Nikanor and Percy. Proceed.
YOUR AD HERE

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

d3x wrote:Unsolicited Thoughts:

Given I've only played the one game with him, but I feel that TownPork was very different in his playstyle than I'm experiencing here.
This and the question dodging {multiple requests for his reaction to AwesomeWagon with no direct response} is making me nervous, thus him being on my short list.
We just got out of a game where you, me, and Porkens were the scum team, so WTF is up with this statement.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:15 am

Post by Porkens »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:

Given I've only played the one game with him, but I feel that TownPork was very different in his playstyle than I'm experiencing here.
This and the question dodging {multiple requests for his reaction to AwesomeWagon with no direct response} is making me nervous, thus him being on my short list.
We just got out of a game where you, me, and Porkens were the scum team, so WTF is up with this statement.
lol, seriously ;)

Nik and the other guy haven't raised flags for me. I have no read on them as strong as my read on Dramonic.

Misslynches aren't bad on day 1, whether they give powers or not.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:28 am

Post by d3x »

DDD wrote:We just got out of a game where you, me, and Porkens were the scum team, so WTF is up with this statement.
Really, DDD? Pork was recruited. He didn't start as Scum. I feel that his Town play D1 in this game {for those who are interested} and his play thus far are completely different. I'm not seeing how this is so hard to grasp.

GTKAS - d3x
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:31 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

d3x wrote:
DDD wrote:We just got out of a game where you, me, and Porkens were the scum team, so WTF is up with this statement.
Really, DDD? Pork was recruited. He didn't start as Scum. I feel that his Town play D1 in this game {for those who are interested} and his play thus far are completely different. I'm not seeing how this is so hard to grasp.
He was a traitor who knew who the scum team was and had the scum win condition from the very beginning. In no way, shape, or sense was he town in that game.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:45 am

Post by d3x »

He was a traitor who knew who the scum team was and had the scum win condition from the very beginning. In no way, shape, or sense was he town in that game.
<-moron. Lol.

I didn't even read his postmortem PM. I thought it worked like this game where I got to recruit someone who had no idea they were recruitable. It doesn't really change the fact that Pork repeatedly wouldn't answer questions, but as most of my read on him was gut {due to the previous The Fountainhead} he's not as high on my list anymore.

Aside from that, how do you feel about AwesomeWagon?

GTKAS - d3x
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:06 am

Post by dramonic »

Porkens wrote: Dramonic is my A+ #1 pick for scum for that "well maaaaybe your town and maaaaybe your not" business, but I'd lynch anyone today.
Saying I have no read on him is what I did only in more fun terms. Don't misrep me porkens.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Porkens »

You rep yourself.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Porkens »

Given I've only played the one game with him, but I feel that TownPork was very different in his playstyle than I'm experiencing here. This and the question dodging {multiple requests for his reaction to AwesomeWagon with no direct response} is making me nervous, thus him being on my short list.
could you show me these "multiple requests?"
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:04 am

Post by d3x »

@Pork

The Case
- d3x p106
I consider this a 'soft request'. I'd expect people to comment on the case one way or the other, but I'm not going to hold that directly against you.

Request #1
- d3x p123
@Pom and Pork- Thoughts on AwesomeWagon?
Pretty straight forward.

Request #2
- VPB p131
What are your thoughts on Nikanor and Percy?
This came directly after talking to/about you. I have no reason to believe he was speaking to anyone else directly.

Also note, you posted between each of these, thus prompting the requests. After your p134 {where you replied to VPB's p131}, I called you out for dodging and VPB seconded. You finally gave your 'no read' answer in p138.

GTKAS - d3x
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Gammagooey »

So have some reads-
d3x is scumhuntan, and has good reasons behind his Nik case. His thing about Porkens seems like an honest mistake to me. Town.

I agree with DDD that Tony really hasn't done much except accuse DDD of being scum because of the wagon on him, and Tony's vote on d3x was bad. mild scum read on Tony.

The reasons behind the case on Nik are solid, slightly scummier than Tony.

Jahudo's still makes me paranoid with his going from voting d3x to the person d3x is voting for, but after rereading the questions he asked I think I understand why.
went from gut scum-->neutral

Percy's picture is awesome.

Seraphim isn't here and is almost prod-eligible.

Conclusion: Awesome wagon is currently THE BEST. ARROOOOOOUND.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Gamma wrote:Conclusion: Awesome wagon is currently THE BEST. ARROOOOOOUND.
Told you. You should stop questioning my judgement! hmph

Though I might be willing to come over to dram if he keeps up this AWESOME active lurking.
YOUR AD HERE

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Prod for
THE BLOOD GOD
Seraphim please?

Sera-Opinion on Nik would be nice, opinion on Pom would be great if you have one.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Why do I suck at formatting so much I don't even.

@Mod/Vi
: Prod Seraphim please.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”