Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

U2 in Teleportation?

Not really and you know me and meta.

Vote Count 2 - 08: Lynch

Nachomamma8 - 1 - Jack
J-Scope - 2 - Cobalt, Starbuck
FeFiFoFum -
- J-Scope, curiouskarmadog, Steam-Powered Shovel, Elscouta, MehPlusRawr, Iecerint, ooba, SocioPath, SpyreX
Elscouta - 2 - Cyberbob, FeFiFoFum

Not Voting (8): Drippereth, Papa Zito, xvart, Anon, Nachomamma8, SensFan, Kmd4390, Budja

With 22 players alive it'll take 12 to lynch and 11 to no-Lynch.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Jack »

I don't really get your stance on it though. Don't you think you can read people better if you've played with them?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I think that, overall, good players are going to be aware enough of the majority of their meta that it is easy to manipulate.

Additionally, I think that, overall, poor players are going to be in a state of flux until they become good players (or settle on being poor players and thus get lynched for in-game activities).

So, mostly, meta is overused and waaayyy overvalued. There MAY *shhh this is a secret* that from playing a game with someone I get a tick in a different game that makes me reread them closer and find out whats causing a tick but if its just OMG META never.

And, meta aside, even though I'm expecting in that hate-belly this to be a town flip I'm still 2000% behind this lynch because ohh my lord.
Show

Proud member of BaM
FeFiFoFum
FeFiFoFum
Goon
FeFiFoFum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by FeFiFoFum »

Jack your stupid than fuck I am mufasa look at that meta when I get a power roll both town and mafia I use and abuse it. You don't know shit about how I willl play this game. Elli was my scum partyner in u2 and she is on the side that I am town your onlyy pissed cause I called for your death. Spyrex. Learn to read
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Budja »

unvote, vote FFFF
, screw that, SpyreX is right.
FeFiFoFum
FeFiFoFum
Goon
FeFiFoFum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by FeFiFoFum »

Lynch jack I'd be so much happier
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Drippereth »

Budja is scum voting a townie and putting the responsibility on SpyreX, who is also scum.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

not sure why anyone is seeing FFFF town at this point.

not only has he lied multiple times...but he also claim to have the Sim...which could have cause whoever might actually have the Sim to counter claim. he has already outed a lot of people.

DGB dear, explain to me why you feel ffff is town...name his protown actions.

also, am i scum? why or why not.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Budja »

@Drip, how do you read 878 then?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by SocioPath »

This is how I read 878:
mith wrote:Mufasa/whoot1234 have been banned indefinitely for cheating.
I thought he had bit of a banned player vibe going. :?

Next we'll find out that MehPlusRawr is him as well... :?
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Anon »

K. Back.

Time to sort this pie mess.

I definitely believe ooba's claim. The timing, the reaction and the informaton is just too elaborate to be a fakeclaim. Now, once again role confirmation is not alignment confirmation, but overall, gut is telling me that ooba is not lying here and that counterclaiming when there was no necessity to do it as scum, gives him enormous townie points. His paranoia of a massive scum gambit is also a towntell.

FFFF's backtracking snowball claim. God. Yes, when there is this kind of plays I always play devil's advocate and wonder why the hell would someone do this kind of stuff as scum? Im banging my head right now since this screams village idiotness all the way but there is something that doesnt fit:

Fefifofumtown would know that he is lying and that Jscope didnt target farside,

Why in hell would he try to get him lynched based on...
FFFF wrote:I made up that he targeted farside just to go with my suspicion that since no one targeted J-Scope at night there was a chance that he could be scum.
seriously.

In his iso, you can see that before ooba claims, in iso 13, he is all in for the jscope lynch. Even in iso 21, after all that has been talked, he still mantains that jscope did target farside.

And iso 30, sigh.
FeFiFoFum wrote:J-Scope still hasn't claimed.
why.oh.why fefifofumtown would want jscope to claim even after being owned by CC, outing ooba's role and posting something like this?
FeFiFoFum wrote:Town is going to loose now, because all this wasted time at uncovering the town watcher and town voyeur, ..
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Wow, this game exploded overnight.

I really want to lynch FFFF just because asadfsadfsadfsadfsadf but I think Elscouta is being far scummier. He pushed the J-Scope lynch as hard as he could before FFFF had gone any further than his initial (rather information-poor) post, and now that people's opinions have changed he's turned around and is pushing
very
hard on FFFF. That's classic scum trying to take advantage of the situation to get a perceived easy lynch off.

I really hate FFFF's play and objectively speaking I think he deserves to die ASAP (whether he's scum or town) for it but let's not get focused too narrowly here.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Elscouta »

Oh yes. It's so more scummy to try to lynch someone that admitted to lie THREE times instead of just pointing fingers everywhere to confuse the town.

Maybe it's time to stop second guessing everything and taking things to face value.

early "guilty" claim = lynch the target
obvious pile lie = lynch.

The fact that Drippereth is scum trying to capitalize on the situation makes me think there is a possibility that FFFF is town though. I won't take any chance though.
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I really want to lynch FFFF just because asadfsadfsadfsadfsadf
QFT
Show

Proud member of BaM
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Elscouta wrote:Oh yes. It's so more scummy to try to lynch someone that admitted to lie THREE times instead of just pointing fingers everywhere to confuse the town.
"pointing fingers everywhere to confuse the town."
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Elscouta wrote:Maybe it's time to stop second guessing everything and taking things to face value.
Yes because as we all know all mafia players tell the truth all the time!!

I sure am glad we didn't take FFFF's result claim at face value, how about you?
Elscouta wrote:early "guilty" claim = lynch the target
obvious pile lie = lynch.
Please don't insult my intelligence by trying to whitewash actions made only a few pages ago. That early "guilty" claim was an incredibly vague role info claim that came with absolutely nothing that could have helped the town to decide its validity. Yet you were quite happy to, based on this and this alone, not only push for J-Scope to make a full claim but also to get him lynched.

The second one is considerably more reasonable
in isolation
; if you hadn't pulled the first trick I wouldn't be gunning for you. When your play today is looked at as a whole it just becomes incredibly obvious that you are trying to get someone - anyone - lynched as quickly as possible.
Elscouta wrote:The fact that Drippereth is scum trying to capitalize on the situation makes me think there is a possibility that FFFF is town though. I won't take any chance though.
You know Drippereth is scum for a fact, and you aren't voting for them?
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by Elscouta »

1) It was very clear from FFFF that he claimed either a tracker / role cop ability. There was no reason to ask him more. Standard procedure is : lynch target, lynch FFFF if target town afterwards.
2) People that doubted FFFF before ooba counterclaim are most likely to be scum knowing that J-Scope is town (town would have had no reason to doubt FFFF)
3) Let's do each thing at a time. First, let's lynch the liar, then i hope to get enough support to lynch Drippscum. It seems like unlikely though.
Yes because as we all know all mafia players tell the truth all the time!!
Well, it's usually a fact that people having being caught in a lie, backtracked two times, and just messing around now are town. But nice misrepresentation of my point.
When your play today is looked at as a whole it just becomes incredibly obvious that you are trying to get someone - anyone - lynched as quickly as possible.
So if i'm trying to lynch anyone, you believe i'm a SK, right? Unless you also believe that FFFF is town?
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Elscouta wrote:1) It was very clear from FFFF that he claimed either a tracker / role cop ability. There was no reason to ask him more. Standard procedure is : lynch target, lynch FFFF if target town afterwards.
If he had straight up claimed alignment (like a regular investigation) I would agree with this standard procedure, but since he claimed role/tracking info then that just goes out the door; there are infinitely more possible scenarios in which J-Scope could have been town. This also calls into question why you would automatically lynch FFFF the next day as misinterpreting those kinds of results is hardly a rare occurrence amongst town players.
Elscouta wrote:2) People that doubted FFFF before ooba counterclaim are most likely to be scum knowing that J-Scope is town (town would have had no reason to doubt FFFF)
Or they simply don't want to shoehorn themselves into one, possibly two lynches based on such a small amount of (very possibly unreliable/misinterpreted) information. It also sets up a meta in which future scum can very easily trigger mislynches whenever they want.
Elscouta wrote:3) Let's do each thing at a time. First, let's lynch the liar, then i hope to get enough support to lynch Drippscum. It seems like unlikely though.
How hard have you pushed your Drippereth case? Have you voted for them at all today? You were voting them for all of 4 hours yesterday before you were "convinced" into voting for xofelf in your last post for the day.
Elscouta wrote:Well, it's usually a fact that people having being caught in a lie, backtracked two times, and just messing around now are town. But nice misrepresentation of my point.
I think there's a typo in there somewhere, so I'll respond to this as if you said "aren't town" because that actually makes sense:

If I hadn't spotted you hunting around for an easy wagon to look good pushing then I would be voting for FFFF. I consider sneaky plays like the one you were/are attempting to be a lot scummier than the sort of thing FFFF tried simply because stupid town players are a lot more prevalent than town players who try to lynch anyone they possibly can regardless of whether it's a good idea or not.
Elscouta wrote:So if i'm trying to lynch anyone, you believe i'm a SK, right? Unless you also believe that FFFF is town?
"What is this concept of scum being willing to aid in a buddy's lynch if it means playing along with prevailing town opinion and coming out looking protown??? I am not familiar with this chain of events" --Elscouta, 2010
FeFiFoFum
FeFiFoFum
Goon
FeFiFoFum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by FeFiFoFum »

the case above is dead on. Elds is indeed the classic oppurtunistic scum.
My vote remains on him.
If so many people who are voting me think im town then why are you lynching me
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Anon »

fefifofum, I actually want answers to my 885.

Bonus: regardless of fefifofum alignment, I still want my Elscoulatkill or Elscoutalynch, whatever comes first.
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Drippereth »

curiouskarmadog wrote:DGB dear, explain to me why you feel ffff is town...name his protown actions.
Why I feel FFFF is town: this sort of VI'ness is worth erecting a statue in the village town square.

Pro-town actions: none.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Drippereth »

Anon wrote:Elscoulatkill or Elscoutalynch, whatever comes first.
Ooga ooga

Me too
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:35 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh yea they can all rope it up
Show

Proud member of BaM
Míriel Therindë
Míriel Therindë
Townie
Míriel Therindë
Townie
Townie

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by M├¡riel Therind├½ »

Sorry, I meant to tell you that I was having guests this Friday-Saturday and wouldn't be around. Anyway. You'll notice that I kinda screwed up the Revive/Destroy mechanics specifics when I posted the first count of Day 2. The first post rules stand, and the Revive for
farside22
and Destroy for
xofelf
have been locked in. Votecounts have been updated, possibly with minor errors like the wrong number of players not voting. Sorry for any inconvenience you may have suffered.
Last edited by Míriel Therindë on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Jack »

Why the heck am I voting nachomamma?

unvote, vote: FeFiFoFum
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:06 am

Post by ooba »

FFFF, please answer the following. Once I counterclaimed..
a) Why did you come clean right away?
b) Why did you keep pushing for J-Scope's claim?
c) Why did you move the discussion towards Silmarils knowing fully well the person with the silmaril could CC you again?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”