Mini 954 ~ Mafia at the 11th Hour (Game Over!)

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count VIII:
- Ghost Powers?
Nikanor (L-2) ~ dramonic, d3x, VP Baltar, Jahudo, Gammagooey (Maemuki)

dramonic (L-5) ~ Porkens, Pomegranate
Porkens (L-5) ~ Seraphim, Percy
TonyMontana (L-6) ~ Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-6) ~ TonyMontana
Seraphim (L-6) ~ Nikanor
Jahudo (L-7) ~
Gammagooey (Maemuki)

Minimum (L-7)

[size=0]Sera 0[/size]
-Seraphim is being prodded...

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
(46%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Percy »

Porkens 120 wrote:I really did want to give Tony his power, but that was before dramonic danced on the fence and thereby put his neck out.
If you are concerned about Tony's power, why don't you volunteer to be run up to L-1 yourself? Why haven't you tried to formulate some sort of plan that involves putting people at L-1? Why weren't you concerned that you may be giving scum extra power (if TM is scum)? Why would you want to give anyone the kind of power as mentioned in the OP?

The "I wanted to give him his power" is an excuse for a weaksauce vote, not a genuine plan to try and help the town.

Also, your read on dramonic is very low-commitment. I'd like you to better explain your scumread on dramonic, as well as answer the questions put to you.

This post by d3x is pretty compelling evidence that Nik is abusing his meta.
Nikanor 128 wrote:Anyway, the point is not that I do that exclusively as scum. The point is that I do that as scum five times more often than I do as town.
Have you checked any of my games to confirm your suspicions as to whether this is how I play?
(The point is that your vote was lazy, and you continue to be lazy when it comes to this point)
(Also, you are clearly aware of your meta, and may be trying to say "I'm posting, so I'm not scum!", or at least suggesting it)
Nikanor 128 wrote:My case is not spin. My case is mighty fine, if you ask me. Why do you think it is spin?
It is spin, but I'm not going to go into a detailed critique of your case against him; I'll wait for Seraphim to post his thoughts, and then I'll post mine.
VP Baltar 131 wrote:I mean, being a few pages in and calling out lurking on someone who says "I'll post as soon as possible" without knowing the person (because Percy does that ALL THE TIME in my experience) is pretty poor scumhunting, imo.
It's true. Quality > Quantity.

The Porkens wagon feels better right now, though Nik is still my #2. Let's go DA TUU IN A
LULEELURAH
PORKENS WAGON!

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:13 am

Post by dramonic »

what's... that... thing in the front?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:26 am

Post by Seraphim »

Hi, I'm back. Reading the game.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

dramonic wrote:what's... that... thing in the front?

It's pretty straight forward really, though not compelling enough to make me want to lynch Porkens.

When did this turn into the Disturbing Image Thread? o.o; ~Vi
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Jahudo »

Black mushroom looks more like a steering wheel. And that guy is driving with it.
-------------------

@Pomegranite: Was there something else to this sentence you wrote?
Pom wrote:And the smiley makes me feel that he's trying to lighten the mood, so people will take his previous post
How will people take his post?

Pomegranite, it seems like you initially had a problem with dramonic having no reason to call Tony town because that goes against how you scumhunt and you think he was trying to push the wagon by saying the lack of a town read meant he should be wagoned. Is that about right?

And when you voted dramonic, did you have any problem with his post saying there was no reason to call Tony scum? If you did, I can't pick it out.

------------------
The only other wagon that interests me right now is Tony. I see what DDD now sees in it.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Porkens »

d3x wrote:@Pork

The Case
- d3x p106
I consider this a 'soft request'. I'd expect people to comment on the case one way or the other, but I'm not going to hold that directly against you.

Request #1
- d3x p123
@Pom and Pork- Thoughts on AwesomeWagon?
Pretty straight forward.

Request #2
- VPB p131
What are your thoughts on Nikanor and Percy?
This came directly after talking to/about you. I have no reason to believe he was speaking to anyone else directly.

Also note, you posted between each of these, thus prompting the requests. After your p134 {where you replied to VPB's p131}, I called you out for dodging and VPB seconded. You finally gave your 'no read' answer in p138.
Haven't I said I'd hammer anyone day one? get the AW to L-1.

I thought I had answered 131.

I did post, and I wasn't dodging as far as I knew. I asked which votes were being refered to, and answered with no-read which is an answer.

@Percy:

I'd hammer you with relish for your last post. My reason for voting TM was transparent and straight-forward.

He was the closest to L-1, so I went for the easy road. Soon after that, I said I'd be fine with being at L-1 myself. So...

Anyways.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by Percy »

Guys, it's a Luleelurah. It's the best means of transport if you want to go da tuu.
(There is a link to the reference above the pic. Educate yourselves!)
Porkens wrote:I'd hammer you with relish for your last post.
You'd hammer me, but not vote me? :roll:
Porkens wrote:My reason for voting TM was transparent and straight-forward.

He was the closest to L-1, so I went for the easy road. Soon after that, I said I'd be fine with being at L-1 myself. So...

Anyways.
I've already explained why this is scumreasoning, and you've just confirmed it, which is great.

See, this is your TM vote post:
Porkens 77 wrote:Let's give tony his power:

unvote, Vote: TonyMontana
...and
less than seven hours later
:
Porkens 88 wrote:am I already voting for dramonic?

unvote; Vote: Dramonic

only way to be sure.
Humour me and explain how your transparent and straight-forward reasoning led you to move your vote from TM to dramonic
before
TM was at L-1.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count IX:
- Mushroom Samba
Nikanor (L-2) ~ dramonic, d3x, VP Baltar, Jahudo, Gammagooey

dramonic (L-5) ~ Porkens, Pomegranate
Porkens (L-5) ~ Seraphim, Percy
TonyMontana (L-6) ~ Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-6) ~ TonyMontana
Seraphim (L-6) ~ Nikanor
Minimum (L-7)

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||
(37%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Unvote
Vote:Seraphim
Seraphim wrote:Hi, I'm back. Reading the game.
Whatcha see that's interesting.
Meeeeeeee wrote:Sera-Opinion on Nik would be nice, opinion on Pom would be great if you have one.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

DDD - Do you plan to play this game with your usual level of activity?

Pom, explain to me why the dramonic wagon is better than Awesome wagon?

Hey Tony, what's up? You don't seem to have much to say since attention turned away from you. What's the deal?
YOUR AD HERE

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

VP Baltar wrote:Pom, explain to me why the dramonic wagon is better than Awesome wagon?
It isn't.

Vote: Nikanor

I just reread the case. I agree with it, but don't have time for explanation now. Coming tomorrow.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

VP Baltar wrote:DDD - Do you plan to play this game with your usual level of activity?

Hey Tony, what's up? You don't seem to have much to say since attention turned away from you. What's the deal?
Hey, I have 15 posts so far out of 162, even ignoring the mod you'd expect only 13.5. I'm above average in this game, so shut your trap.

Tony's deal is that he's scum.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I might be demanding this game because of the battery mechanic, DDD. I appreciate the extra effort.

I hear ya on Tony. We'll see if he actually has something relevant to say now that he's been called out.
YOUR AD HERE

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Porkens »

Moving my vote isn't ncecessary at the moment.

You asked for reasoning, I gave it to you, call it scumreasoning at your pleasure.

Putting TM at L-1 suddenly seemed less appealing than lynching Dramonic (who is scum) for his mind-blowing display of fence sitting.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:15 am

Post by dramonic »

I am TOTALLY fence-sitting!
That or I have no read on TM, your choice.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You're also active lurking.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In fact, dram, since you've been on Nik since your random vote I'd like you to explain why you are on the wagon still and why you think he'd be the best lynch.

Also, who do you find suspicious outside of Nik?
YOUR AD HERE

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Gammagooey »

So my faith in the awesome wagon is experiencing a decline due to Seraphim's complete non-appearance.

Hey Nik, other than Sera who's scum?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Why I votes Nikanor:

This post:
Jahudo wrote:
d3x wrote:Also of note in that 2nd link is the fact that this exact situation played out. There were multiple promises of posts and then days would slip by before we heard from him again. Had the Mod been in attendance, prods would've been sent.
Interesting. It looks like Nikanor is misleading the town here:
Nikanor wrote:What Percy did is exactly what I have a tendency toward doing as scum: posting "Oh, I'll catch up!" and then not actually catching up until I get prodded again. If you want, I could give about five or six examples where I do this as scum.
Make room on the awesome wagon!

unvote;
Vote: Nikanor
Because the way d3x mentioned something, then Nikanor says that he does it as scum. Well... also, as mentioned previously, I don't like how he decided that his own meta fit Percy.

--

And this:
Nikanor wrote:
VP wrote:What is your experience with Percy? Have you played with him as town before?
My experience with Percy is nil. What does it matter? Do you think that somehow impacts the validity of a point?

[...]
d3x wrote:He's not saying that these are things ScumPercy does, he's saying that these are things that ScumNik does. He is using his own meta to come after another player for really shaky reasons. Afterall, I could provide the same amount of examples of TownNik doing this behavior {saying "i'll catch up" and then dissappearing until a prod is sent}.
Yeah, and because I do them as scum I assume that everyone does them as scum. That's how I hunt for scum. I think, "What would I do in his position, as scum and as town?" and then make a decision on his scumminess/towniness accordingly.
And I don't ever recall doing this as town.
Assuming that all scum play the same way, when he's never played with Percy previously, as mentioned above.

Especially when you look at Jahudo's points against this:
Jahudo wrote:
Nikanor wrote:
Jahudo wrote:I think Nikanor is making too big of an issue over Percy taking ~10 hours to make his second post. Percy didn't have to be prodded again, and he gave a reason that sounded reasonable. Besides, the pace and content-level of this game should not be daunting to scum. Nikanor, do your examples include games under similar circumstances to this?
Ehh, no. At least I don't think so.
Actually, wait. This is a game that roughly matches the circumstances here, I believe. I ended up replacing out of that game, though.
What are you trying to show with that game? Both of those scum were posting on page 1. They didn't lurk through the random vote stage.

[...]
Nikanor wrote:
d3x wrote:Also of note in that 2nd link is the fact that this exact situation played out. There were multiple promises of posts and then days would slip by before we heard from him again. Had the Mod been in attendance, prods would've been sent.
Ehh, that game. I tried to forget about that. Such bad memories. That is by far my worst performance as a town role to this date. I won't deny lurking in that game, but that's because I was too stupid and too busy to scumhunt like a normal person.
Anyway, the point is not that I do that exclusively as scum. The point is that I do that as scum five times more often than I do as town.
Even in the random vote stage?
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Jahudo »

It does look hypocritical that Seraphim started the game by prodding lurkers, and now he is a lurker. I don't think its a good scum tell in this situation, however I also don't see any town behavior from him at this point.

I agree with Pom's vote :P
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Pomegranate wrote:Assuming that all scum play the same way, when he's never played with Percy previously, as mentioned above.
If he doesn't have personal experience with a player then how else is he supposed to determine if they're scum other than relying on generalized behaviors? We all look for generalized actions and behaviors that we associate with a higher probability of a player being scum because that's what scumhunting is.

I can't believe this is the wagon a plurality of the town is pushing while simultaneously enabling Tony to do nothing.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Assuming that all scum play the same way, when he's never played with Percy previously, as mentioned above.
If he doesn't have personal experience with a player then how else is he supposed to determine if they're scum other than relying on generalized behaviors? We all look for generalized actions and behaviors that we associate with a higher probability of a player being scum because that's what scumhunting is.

I can't believe this is the wagon a plurality of the town is pushing while simultaneously enabling Tony to do nothing.
But he's not really relying on generalized behavior, from the way he put it. He's relying on personal behavior.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Pomegranate wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:

But he's not really relying on generalized behavior, from the way he put it. He's relying on personal behavior.
So he's generalizing from his personal behavior? So what? I absolutely do that at times; "here's what I would do as scum in this situation does this person's behavior match my expectations"? You can argue his conclusions are wrong, but I absolutely see nothing in that logical process that indicates scum.

~~~

Tony needs moar votes btw.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Vi:Prod Tony please.

I'm not okay with going into tommorrow until Sera has said SOMETHING opinion-wise.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”