Mini 953: Star Control: Alliance Initiative (Over)

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by Plum »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 6

cruelty
- 4 - Dry-fit, Kast, Plum, Merkabah - (L-2)

Players not voting: animorpherv1, bouncy.bouncy, CF Riot, cruelty, Gammagooey, Papa Zito, Porkens

Most people are looking extremely Townie; if we have Cruelty here, and I think we do, it'll just be a matter of lynching off the people who don't fit the prob-Town mold.

EDIT: Let's just let Cruelty say something, please. Probably a formality, but I see no downside with an off chance of stuff got messed up realization.

Then, to victory, UNBREAKABLE
ALLIANCE
HIERARCHY!

EDIT AGAIN: Yeah, something like that.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Porkens »

I seem to have received 2 units of power """""last night."""""

Gamma, I think our roles are different. I don't have a list of what I will get or anything.

The reason I was confused about picking you up is that I'm confused about how many actions I can do in a night. So if I get a new power and use it, I'm not sure I can still pick you up.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Plum »

Okay, the Mod corrected my misconception and I apparently only sent you 2 units last Night; I tried to send you more than I had because I didn't realize that something else going on with me used juice too. Anyway. So you got my energy and that's brilliant.

Wanna lynch Dry-fit?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Porkens »

Porkens wrote:I seem to have received 2 units of power """""last night."""""

Gamma, I think our roles are different. I don't have a list of what I will get or anything.

The reason I was confused about picking you up is that I'm confused about how many actions I can do in a night. So if I get a new power and use it, I'm not sure I can still pick you up.
Depending on the activity or passivisity of the power I got, I couldn't or could also pic someone up. This comes back to the fact that I don't know what power I would get if I hammered.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Porkens »

Plum wrote:Wanna lynch Dry-fit?
Kinda, yeah.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by cruelty »

i tried to protect porkens because i suspected that any nefarious night actions would be directed at one of him, gamma or zito (assuming all 3 are town) given the three of them put themselves right out there day 1 with varying degrees of claims.
the nexus of the crisis
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Kast »

Unvote

Ok, no hard feelings Cruelty.

@Porkens-
FYI, default each player should get one pilot action and one ship action. So if your hammer ability is a pilot action and you plan to use your new energy for a ship action, you won't be able to rescue. Rescue is a ship action.

@Zito-
It may not be the best idea for a SINGLE player to be decided as Gamma's rescuer. If scum know Gamma is going to your ship, then they can easily try to kill you and get both of you with one shot. Anyone else who trusts Gamma should consider attempting to rescue him (assuming you don't have a zoo of wild animals on board your ship).
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by cruelty »

so basically, i just guessed at one of the three.
the nexus of the crisis
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Plum »

Reasonable answer, Cruelty; the Mod corrections seem to absolve you from everything and why didn't I unvote you again?

Unvote; Vote: Dry-fit

Among my no-Town-read-on-him-negative-vibes. Will reread soon and check whether he's the best lynch here.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Kast »

@Corollary to thought to Zito-
Assuming someone did jump ship, you probably don't want to reveal that anytime soon since it makes for an easy scum target.
Show

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Hey, unless I'm following wrong, Gamma should be taken by someone, because if not, he dies.

Since he has been launched into space, doesn't he die if noone takes him by Nightfall? And since his ship is a pro-town ship, then wouldn't that make him pro-town to?
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Plum »

If no one takes him by Day 3 dawn. Pro-Town ship =/= pro-Town but it's a good sign and Gamma reads very Town to me. Problem is I don't think I can be the one to pick him up. But I'd be glad if others would make sure it gets done.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Plum wrote:If no one takes him by Day 3 dawn. Pro-Town ship =/= pro-Town but it's a good sign and Gamma reads very Town to me. Problem is I don't think I can be the one to pick him up. But I'd be glad if others would make sure it gets done.
I can't either.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I'm okay with getting picked up by any of Kast, Papa, or cruelty. Porkens would be good too but he should actually use some abilities I think.
Dry-fit is still prooobably the best lynch around here but seeing an ani or Merk lynch wouldn't bring me to tears.
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

Alright, so I was suspicious about Gamma's action claim at first. But I think I figured it out... let me get this straight. You had 0 energy, but you got your new power before the night started, and it was (P), so you used your track/watch (A) power during the night for 0 energy instead of its previous cost of 1 energy?

So Gamma, Porkens, Plum, and cruelty's night actions are all confirmed. Does that mean we can confirm them as town? I'm finding it a little hard to hold this all together and figure it out myself.
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Kast »

@Bouncy-
-Why are you trying to guess how Gamma's investigative power works?
--
-Cruelty confirmed that Gamma has an investigative power. That's good enough for me and there's almost no reason town would need to know more than that.

@Rescuing Gamma-
I had all my energy drained so I don't mind rescuing (but it also won't help me unless someone can transfer energy to me). I did not mean for everyone to claim if they can rescue or not, just wanted people to be aware and also consider rescuing Gamma.
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Kast »

Left out some points to Bouncy-
-Plum's energy transfer appears to be mod confirmed.
-Cruelty's redirection ability appears to be mod confirmed to some degree (we know there is some kind of redirection, but don't know if there is anything else or the full scope of it).
-We know Gamma has some investigative ability that let him know Cruelty targeted Porkens.
-We don't know anything confirmed about Porkens abilities.
Show

bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

Kast wrote:@Bouncy-
-Why are you trying to guess how Gamma's investigative power works?
--
-Cruelty confirmed that Gamma has an investigative power. That's good enough for me and there's almost no reason town would need to know more than that.
Uhhh I'm not trying to figure out his investigative power works........... He had 0 energy last night, yet he somehow used an investigative power. Didn't that investigative power cost energy? When I first saw that, I got more suspicious of him than I was yesterday. Then I came up with a possible explanation and would like him to confirm it so that I'm not suspicious anymore.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Hey guys, I've been doing some reasearch since I've never heard of this. I'm confused over who are the "good guys' and who are the "bad guys'. Help?

bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

What team are you on, ani?
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

bouncy.bouncy wrote:What team are you on, ani?
I gota green name. Other than that, I'm lost with the whole Name Concept.

bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

animorpherv1 wrote:I'm lost with the whole Name Concept.
Hierarchy are good guys. Alliance and ??? are bad guys.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Yeah bouncy, it was 0 energy after I got my passive ability from hammering.

As for Hierarchy being the good guys, not so much- This mafia game is based on an old computer game called "Star Control"(who woulda guessed) From what I get the Hierarchy of Ur-Quan (we) are on a mission to enslave the galaxy, encasing planets in little bubble-like slave shields to prevent other races from harming us if they don't join our glorious cause.
Papa can tell you way way more than I can though, so ask him if you've got any specific questions.

Shoop.
unvote

Vote:Dry-fit
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by cruelty »

inactivity aside what's the rationale for a dry-fit lynch?

don't think the morality of the various sides is an issue here - hierarchy = town.
bouncy wrote:So Gamma, Porkens, Plum, and cruelty's night actions are all confirmed. Does that mean we can confirm them as town? I'm finding it a little hard to hold this all together and figure it out myself.
no, it doesn't mean that. it simply means that we have some facts to work with for a change.
the nexus of the crisis
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Dry-fit thoughts:
Myself wrote:Out of all the early posts, Dry's was the most similar to a post I would expect to see from someone trying to avoid attention and stay in the background-
A vote reasoning that can't really be argued with or analyzed (since Kast did think he was scum) and a short answer to the question asked.
He has had exactly two original reads/thoughts about scummy people or behavior that he's shared with us, and that only consisted of "ani is a little worse than cruelty except for the night result", and pushing on Rice (with decent reasoning actually, but I still think he's scum)

His other posts-
bouncy vote was repeating my reasons for finding him a little scummier in 103, and doesn't look like Dry thinks he's voting for scum, it looks like Dry's voting just to be voting for someone scummy.
His iso 4 is pointless.
His "not sure why third parties shouldn't be lynched" is repeating my 147.

The only thing that gives me pause is are the Rice questions (how'd you get that specific read etc)- I thought it was more parroting at the time but it looks like new material after going back to it, and it's what I was thinking myself when I asked Rice over and over to explain the read.

He's still a good lynch, but I'm going to read over Merk and see how he compares sometime tommorrow to see if it feels more like scum posting than Dry's stuff.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”