Mini 219: Tom Cruise Mafia -- It's a Wrap!

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:37 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Yosarian2 wrote:Alright, after a quick skim of the thread, here are some general comments.

1. I'm not sure what a "day cop" is. From the discription, "he stopped crimes before they happened". Perhaps some kind of roleblocker or doc, then? I really wonder about the choice of words, though. If he's a day roleblocker or doc, would that imply the existance of a day-killer, or am I reading to far into this?
You're reading too much, I'm sure. In "Minority Report", Anderton stopped crimes because he knew who the criminals would be. That said, a day cop can reveal to the town who is evil during Day, so that person doesn't commit the crimes at Night (effectively stopping them before the crimes happened).
3. I've got to say, I'm most suspicious of Phobes right now, because I just don't like the way he's throwing around votes so easily in a possible lynch or lose scenerio. If there's one rule I've learned, it's that if you are town you should NEVER drop early quick votes like that in a possible lynch or lose scenerio, because the mafia could build a quick bandwagon out of that.

Even if we're not in an actual lynch or lose situation, I think we can expect that there is at least 2 scum and 1 SK or 2 groups of 2 scum each, so with only 4 votes to lynch, any incorrect bandwagon could quickly lead to a mislynch if scum from different groups or scum+SK jump on it, and no matter what the exact setup is, we're definatly in a situation where if we mislynch the good guys will be a minority tommorow. So I would expect that a GG, especally an experenced player, would be more careful with his votes then Phobes has been so far today; Phobes voted for windslicer (me) just to "keep him interested" and then quickly switched the vote over to Seol right after Seol accused him. I wouldn't have a problem with those kind of votes on a day 1, but with the situation we're in now I do NOT think that it's the time or place to throw votes around so carelessly.

fos:Phobes
. Phobes, if you are town, I would strongly request that you unvote and wait until we've had some discussion before you vote for anyone else.
And yet you don't even mention Seol's vote of Phoebus.
FOS: Yosarian
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:46 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

inHimshallibe wrote: And yet you don't even mention Seol's vote of Phoebus.
FOS: Yosarian
(shrug) Seol FOS's Phoebus, then Phoebus voted Seol in response to Seol's attack on him, THEN Seol voted Phoebus. Even in a lynch or lose situation, there's no added risk in voting for someone who's already voting for you, and I'm less suspicios of Seol for starting out with an FOS and then progressing to a vote after some lengthy analysis then for Phoebus threw out a vote just to get someone's attention in this situation and then switched it to someone else in a few posts an an OMGUS vote in the risky situation we're in right now.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:54 am

Post by Phoebus »

Heh Yosarian.

It's been what? 36 hours since I voted? You'd think some opportunistic scum would've tagged on at least one more vote during this time in a lynch or lose situation?
I'm sure they wouldn't all pile on. I'm also sure they wouldn't all sit back.

I never use FOS. It's worthless if you ask me. I want results. Votes get results.
WindSlicer was new and lurking. You're calling me experienced? I can tell you from experience since my first 6 games I was GF that it's a pretty good sign that you're scum when you're new and lurk for you'd rather not get pinged by anyone.
Moreover you shrug about Seol's vote on me and completely disregard the possibility that I could be a townie and the remaining scum could pile on me. In a sense, you're defending him aren't you? My vote's not OMGUS. I'd already indicated him as a potential recipient in my first post of the day.

So let's see what situation we have here:
Seol is less verbose and very possibly scum for being positively "unbrilliant" as Astro hinted at.
WindSlicer, a newbie, lurked. His replacement prefers to look at only one side of the argument and disregard the other possibility. He prefers voting after an FoS. He's FoSing me at this time. How long till a vote? He's also defending Seol.

Net effect: Seol + Yos2 = scum.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:25 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Phoebus is making a fantastic argument... I will be back to post later - could be an hour, could be tonight.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Phoebus wrote:Heh Yosarian.

It's been what? 36 hours since I voted? You'd think some opportunistic scum would've tagged on at least one more vote during this time in a lynch or lose situation?
I'm sure they wouldn't all pile on. I'm also sure they wouldn't all sit back.
Yeah, like I said, I think it's more likely that we're in a 2 scum 1 SK situation, or a 2 groups of 2 scum each situation, but it is possible we're in lynch or lose. You're right that if we were in lynch or lose, I would expect the scum to pile on my bandwagon, but the thing is, if you are a good guy, then you voted right away in a situation that
might
have been lynch or lose, and might have cost us the game. The only way you could have known for sure, at the time, if we were in lynch or lose or not would be if you were scum.

Even if we're not in lynch or lose, there are probably at least 3 bad guys (2 scum+1 SK), and it's only 4 to lynch. You don't see the danger in throwing votes around like party favors? And you don't understand why I'm trying to get everyone to stop voting?
Phoebus wrote: I never use FOS. It's worthless if you ask me. I want results. Votes get results.
You don't even use FOS in possible lynch or lose situations where one wrong vote could cost the town the game?

Phoebus wrote: Moreover you shrug about Seol's vote on me and completely disregard the possibility that I could be a townie and the remaining scum could pile on me. In a sense, you're defending him aren't you? My vote's not OMGUS. I'd already indicated him as a potential recipient in my first post of the day.
(shrug) I'm not trying to defend anyone at this point. That would be foolish, as almost half the town has got to be BG's at this point, and especally because I do think Seol looks a little suspicious for supporting the wrong side of the lynch yesterday. What I said was that:
Yosarian wrote: Even in a lynch or lose situation, there's no added risk in voting for someone who's already voting for you
If one of the two of you is scum, there's no risk that that the remaining scum could pile on the other one, because one scum is already on that bandwagon. The only danger is if one townie votes for another in a Lynch or Lose situation, so that's only a danger if the two of you are both townies. And if you are both townies, and the scum wanted to pile onto a townie vote, then you were already voting for him.

That's all I was saying. Also, the reason I didn't specifically mention his vote because I wanted to see what his reaction would be if you did follow my request change your vote on him to an FOS for the moment. If he's a townie, I would expect him to do the same for the same reasons; if he's scum, I figured he's be tempted to try to to stick to his guns. (shrug) Basically I figured I'd get more interesting reactions this way, but as it seems you have no intention of unvoting anyway, the point is now moot.
Phobes wrote: WindSlicer, a newbie, lurked.
In this case it's pretty clear that WindSlicer just didn't have time to play anymore, as he asked MeMe to replace him because of "limited game time". I like lurker hunting in general, but it should be pretty clear it dosn't apply in this case.

Phobes wrote: His replacement prefers to look at only one side of the argument and disregard the other possibility.
Actually, I haven't said anything about the argument you Seol were having. I did say that I was suspicious of the way you have been behaving today, and you have not yet given a good reason for why a GG would want to vote in that situation.
Phobes wrote: He prefers voting after an FoS. He's FoSing me at this time. How long till a vote?
:roll:

There's probably a mafia of at least 2 people. It's 4 people to lynch. There's no way I'm going to put a quick second vote on someone without the general agreement of the town, and I hope no one else would either. I'd feel safer if no one was voting at all, but it seems like you've decided to be stubborn on the issue.
Phobes wrote: He's also defending Seol.
:roll: No, I'm attacking you because you committed actions that appear to not be pro-town; IE, voting in a situation where voting does not appear to me to be a pro-town action. The main thing you did that I thought looked suspicious was voting for a lurker "to get his attention" in a situation where that seemed a very dangerous move for a townie to make, especally if you were willing to change your vote quickly in response to an FOS someone else put on you. Spin it however you want, you look suspicious because of how you have acted today, and trying to turn it around on me and try to question my motives for pointing that out does not change the suspicious way you have behaved..
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:12 am

Post by Phoebus »

eah, like I said, I think it's more likely that we're in a 2 scum 1 SK situation, or a 2 groups of 2 scum each situation, but it is possible we're in lynch or lose. You're right that if we were in lynch or lose, I would expect the scum to pile on my bandwagon, but the thing is, if you are a good guy, then you voted right away in a situation that might have been lynch or lose, and might have cost us the game. The only way you could have known for sure, at the time, if we were in lynch or lose or not would be if you were scum.

Even if we're not in lynch or lose, there are probably at least 3 bad guys (2 scum+1 SK), and it's only 4 to lynch. You don't see the danger in throwing votes around like party favors? And you don't understand why I'm trying to get everyone to stop voting?
I get the 2 groups of 2 argument. How do you suppose it's more likely we have 2 and 1? 3 is the regular mini complement for mafia. 3 scum and 1 SK balance each other well. Make 2 scum and 1 SK and you tilt the balance towards both, the SK and the town with two lucky pot shots and/or cop investigations.

See, my surmise is that we have 3 + 1 as is regular purely with a view for balance. We may or may not be in a lynch or lose but my hunch says Seol is scum. I voted because I'm pretty sure he is. The lack of afore mentioned piling on is a fair indicator that he is.
Seol played markedly different as far as I see because he is mafia.
I can tell from experience that the SK has no strings attached and therefore, no reason to act any differently than he will as a townie. His survival also depends on getting scum out of the way.
Therefore, a change in play stye tell for scum will be more pertinent than for SK.
Lynching an SK in a 3+1 complement in the situation we find ourselves in at this moment is a loss for the town.
Seol hasn't acted like an SK or townie, but otherwise and therefore, feel my vote is safe on him.

I will admit this is all based on gut and instinct. I will also admit that what you say makes pure, cold logical sense. What does not make sense and makes your logic loose some of its sheen is the failure to admonish Seol., since all of my logic applies to him and more over, he's voted me second where either one of us prolly has to be townie for scum to pile on or both scum, which I think anyone will agree, is unlikely.
You don't even use FOS in possible lynch or lose situations where one wrong vote could cost the town the game?
If you will refer to the reason I've given above for voting Seol, you'll see why I'm voting.
In lynch or lose, I don't FOS. I don't vote and I indicate whom I might vote for.
I did this in my first post for the day. The funny thing here is that your outrage for voting seems more concerned for Seol than for the initial vote for WindLurker, your former self. :|

I don't FOS.
I'm not trying to defend anyone at this point. That would be foolish, as almost half the town has got to be BG's at this point, and especally because I do think Seol looks a little suspicious for supporting the wrong side of the lynch yesterday.
I will concede you are not actively defending Seol, no.
You never said, OMG! Seol =/ teh evil!
Your failure to admonish him for voting carries the implication that you defend him. You see where I'm going?
If one of the two of you is scum, there's no risk that that the remaining scum could pile on the other one, because one scum is already on that bandwagon. The only danger is if one townie votes for another in a Lynch or Lose situation, so that's only a danger if the two of you are both townies. And if you are both townies, and the scum wanted to pile onto a townie vote, then you were already voting for him.
Again, lack of reactions from others would indicate this is not townie v. townie. You can go check in other games if you want to analyse/meta game my play style if you like. Seol's is definitely markedly different.
That's all I was saying. Also, the reason I didn't specifically mention his vote because I wanted to see what his reaction would be if you did follow my request change your vote on him to an FOS for the moment. If he's a townie, I would expect him to do the same for the same reasons; if he's scum, I figured he's be tempted to try to to stick to his guns. (shrug) Basically I figured I'd get more interesting reactions this way, but as it seems you have no intention of unvoting anyway, the point is now moot.
I'm only quoting this to avoid being accused of deliberately misinterpreting or ignoring stuff but like you said - the point is moot.
I've explained above why I'm not unvoting.
In this case it's pretty clear that WindSlicer just didn't have time to play anymore, as he asked MeMe to replace him because of "limited game time". I like lurker hunting in general, but it should be pretty clear it dosn't apply in this case.
While WS definitely seems to have had problems with time to post which led to his replacement on day two, all throughout day one, he explicitly indicated that he was following the game and not interested in posting. I call this lurking. With one newbie already claiming like silly, I wouldn't be surprised if another decided to lurk his way to victory. Believe me, my first scum victory was like that. I've also asked to be replaced as scum under pressure. I'm not alluding to those being the circumstances here but definitely a possibility.
Actually, I haven't said anything about the argument you Seol were having. I did say that I was suspicious of the way you have been behaving today, and you have not yet given a good reason for why a GG would want to vote in that situation.
Read the first part of this post.
There's probably a mafia of at least 2 people. It's 4 people to lynch. There's no way I'm going to put a quick second vote on someone without the general agreement of the town, and I hope no one else would either. I'd feel safer if no one was voting at all, but it seems like you've decided to be stubborn on the issue.
For some odd reason, that seems exceedingly like currying favour and a pretense of being pro town and considerate. Maybe your third partner is a flake or maybe the reason you're waiting is to convince a couple of other townies to join my wagon and then finish it off. You've mentioned a 2 member group as most likely. Here, you say at least 2. Do you know something Seol does as well?
As fas as my stubborness goes - read the first part again.
I get the feeling a record is stuck. Both ways. :(
No, I'm attacking you because you committed actions that appear to not be pro-town; IE, voting in a situation where voting does not appear to me to be a pro-town action. The main thing you did that I thought looked suspicious was voting for a lurker "to get his attention" in a situation where that seemed a very dangerous move for a townie to make, especally if you were willing to change your vote quickly in response to an FOS someone else put on you. Spin it however you want, you look suspicious because of how you have acted today, and trying to turn it around on me and try to question my motives for pointing that out does not change the suspicious way you have behaved..
You wanna call it spin? Be my guest, doctor. I have explained my convictions. Evaluate them.

Oh and your rolled eyes are duly noted. Nice.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:06 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I'm agreeing that SK and townie usually look similar in posting. Seol was definitely not his usual townie-goodness self Yesterday. Willing to vote,
once we've heard from everyone else.
Gah.
Show

:

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Phoebus wrote:[
I get the 2 groups of 2 argument. How do you suppose it's more likely we have 2 and 1? 3 is the regular mini complement for mafia. 3 scum and 1 SK balance each other well. Make 2 scum and 1 SK and you tilt the balance towards both, the SK and the town with two lucky pot shots and/or cop investigations.
(shrug) I've seen minis with 2 and 1 before, like the Gian mafia we were both in for example, so I tend to think that a fairly likely possibility. But anyway, the possibilites, as I see them, are

A. 3 mafia, 1 Sk
B. 2 groups of 2 mafia each
C. 2 mafia, 1 SK

That's why I said things like "there are probably at least 3 scum" and "there is probably at least 1 group of at least 2 mafia". I guess we could also be dealing with just 2 SK's, but I've never seen that before in a mafiascum mini, and tend to think it's unlikely.
Phoebus wrote: I will admit this is all based on gut and instinct. I will also admit that what you say makes pure, cold logical sense. What does not make sense and makes your logic loose some of its sheen is the failure to admonish Seol., since all of my logic applies to him and more over, he's voted me second where either one of us prolly has to be townie for scum to pile on or both scum, which I think anyone will agree, is unlikely.
The scum tell I'm speaking of is that you seemed very willing to first vote for a lurker and then change your vote to someone else a few posts later in a possible lynch or lose situation. When I'm a good guy in a possible lynch or lose situation, I wouldn't vote for anyone unless I was as sure as I could be that they were scum, so the fact that you first voted for me as just a lurker vote and were then willing to change your vote to someone else looks really questionable. I don't like Seol's vote either, but the fact that you voted for two seperate people in a short space of time in this situation looks more scummy to me, so I focused on you.

Yosarian wrote:]You don't even use FOS in possible lynch or lose situations where one wrong vote could cost the town the game?
Phoebus wrote:If you will refer to the reason I've given above for voting Seol, you'll see why I'm voting.
In lynch or lose, I don't FOS. I don't vote and I indicate whom I might vote for.
I did this in my first post for the day. The funny thing here is that your outrage for voting seems more concerned for Seol than for the initial vote for WindLurker, your former self. :|

I don't FOS.
Actually, my origional post on the subject was this:
Yosarian wrote: Even if we're not in an actual lynch or lose situation, I think we can expect that there is at least 2 scum and 1 SK or 2 groups of 2 scum each, so with only 4 votes to lynch, any incorrect bandwagon could quickly lead to a mislynch if scum from different groups or scum+SK jump on it, and no matter what the exact setup is, we're definatly in a situation where if we mislynch the good guys will be a minority tommorow. So I would expect that a GG, especally an experenced player, would be more careful with his votes then Phobes has been so far today; Phobes voted for windslicer (me) just to "keep him interested" and then quickly switched the vote over to Seol right after Seol accused him. I wouldn't have a problem with those kind of votes on a day 1, but with the situation we're in now I do NOT think that it's the time or place to throw votes around so carelessly.
How do you get from that that I was "more interested in your vote for Seol then your vote for windslicer"? It seems pretty clear that I was mostly interested in the quick and careless way you seemed to vote, voting for two different people in a short span of time like that, one of them being nothing but a lurker vote and the other being in response to an attack made on you, in a lynch or lose situation.

Seol may be scum. We know there's two killing groups so it's even possible from my point of view that you and Seol may both be scum in different groups. (shrug) I still stand by my initial comment that your rapid votes, and rapid change of votes, looks scummy.
Yosarian wrote: I'm not trying to defend anyone at this point. That would be foolish, as almost half the town has got to be BG's at this point, and especally because I do think Seol looks a little suspicious for supporting the wrong side of the lynch yesterday.
Phoebus wrote:I will concede you are not actively defending Seol, no.
You never said, OMG! Seol =/ teh evil!
Your failure to admonish him for voting carries the implication that you defend him. You see where I'm going?
I didn't attack you just for voting, I attacked you for voting very quickly, based on nothing but a lurker hunt, and then changing your vote to someone else just as quickly, in a possible lynch or lose situation. (shrug) I suppose I could have attacked both you and Seol at the same time, but I chose instead to focus my attack on the person who was looking scummiest.
Phoebus wrote: Again, lack of reactions from others would indicate this is not townie v. townie.
(shrug) If there is a group of 3 scum, that's probably true. If there's 2 and 2, or 2 and 1, then it's harder to predict how they would act if there was a single vote on someone.
You can go check in other games if you want to analyse/meta game my play style if you like. Seol's is definitely markedly different.
Yeah, you mentioned that before. Could you be more specific about thatt?

Phobes wrote:
Yosarian wrote:
For some odd reason, that seems exceedingly like currying favour and a pretense of being pro town and considerate.
(shrug) You asked a question, I answered it. No, I have no intention of voting carelessly, which should have been rather clear from my other posts today. What more do you want me to say on the subject?
Phobes wrote: You've mentioned a 2 member group as most likely. Here, you say at least 2. Do you know something Seol does as well?
As I explained earlier in the post, there should logically be at least one group of at least two mafia, and there might be a group of three mafia. So "at least 2" seems accurate and fairly obveous.

Yosarian wrote: No, I'm attacking you because you committed actions that appear to not be pro-town; IE, voting in a situation where voting does not appear to me to be a pro-town action. The main thing you did that I thought looked suspicious was voting for a lurker "to get his attention" in a situation where that seemed a very dangerous move for a townie to make, especally if you were willing to change your vote quickly in response to an FOS someone else put on you. Spin it however you want, you look suspicious because of how you have acted today, and trying to turn it around on me and try to question my motives for pointing that out does not change the suspicious way you have behaved..
Phoebes wrote: You wanna call it spin? Be my guest, doctor. I have explained my convictions. Evaluate them.
(shrug) When your primary defense seems to be "two different people have said I look scummy, so they must both be scum together", and when you keep trying to change the subject from your own scummy looking behavior to Seol, then yeah, I call that spin. It seems like you're trying to trick me into either defending Seol, so you can 'prove' we're scum together, or into attacking him, to take the pressure off you. I'm not going to bite. Seol is on my list of suspicious looking people, but at the moment, he's lower on the list then you, and I think I've made it very clear why.

Phobes wrote:Oh and your rolled eyes are duly noted. Nice.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

(Had to be done. ;) )
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:10 am

Post by MeMe »

Count
:

Seol
(1):
Phoebus

Phoebus
(1):
Seol

Not voting (5):
Astronaut, Fuldu, inHimshallibe, Talitha, Yosarian2

Four to lynch.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:16 am

Post by Seol »

Phoebus wrote:Seol is less verbose and very possibly scum for being positively "unbrilliant" as Astro hinted at.
Yeah, I remember that from yesterday. I also seem to remember someone saying:
Phoebus wrote:Oh my Astro.
You're going to spend all your time playing Mafia with Seol around, hanging on to his tailcoats? I mean - I know what you mean but people have off days.
I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying you might not necessarily be right.
It probably reflects on Seol if you're right about this...
Yesterday, the argument got that tone of response. Today, when you're that much closer to winning, the OMG he's not being a genius logic seems much more compelling? How convenient.
Phoebus wrote:See, my surmise is that we have 3 + 1 as is regular purely with a view for balance. We may or may not be in a lynch or lose but my hunch says Seol is scum. I voted because I'm pretty sure he is. The lack of afore mentioned piling on is a fair indicator that he is.
And yet the vote count has the same number of votes on each of us. There's been a lack of piling on for
both
of us. Doesn't that indicator point at you just as much as me?
Phoebus wrote:Again, lack of reactions from others would indicate this is not townie v. townie. You can go check in other games if you want to analyse/meta game my play style if you like. Seol's is definitely markedly different.
Phoebus wrote:Seol played markedly different as far as I see because he is mafia.
Quoted out of order. Markedly different from what, exactly? I've been mafia (and even SK) in a few games recently, and have been just as verbose in those. Go check me out, too. I don't just clam up when I'm mafia. I talk when I have something to say, and the rest of the time I wait until I have something to say. The reason I've been playing quietly is because, for once, I didn't really have much to say.
Phoebus wrote:That would be foolish, as almost half the town has got to be BG's at this point, and especally because I do think Seol looks a little suspicious for supporting the wrong side of the lynch yesterday.
Now you're really stretching. Johnny had
lied about his role
. I explained why, given the circumstances, we could be pretty much certain that it was Johnny who was lying, not Coolbot. Under those circumstances, you lynch the liar. And you know what, my reasoning held up - Coolbot was the one telling the truth about his role.
Given what we knew at the time
, he was absolutely the right person to lynch.

Again with the finding any convenient reason for an attack on me.
Phoebus wrote:In lynch or lose, I don't FOS. I don't vote and I indicate whom I might vote for.
I did this in my first post for the day.
But you
did
vote. Straight off the bat, you voted for someone based on lurking in what might be lynch-or-lose. Surely that's a really dangerous move for a townie? And you must know that, mustn't you?

So why did you do it?
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:52 am

Post by Phoebus »

I never completely subscribed to that comment directed at Astro.
I said you might be either of scum or town. IT was more surprise directed at Astro's preferred hannging off your coat tails. I also said it reflected on YOU if he was right. I'm tilting at this time towards saying you are scum.
And yet the vote count has the same number of votes on each of us. There's been a lack of piling on for both of us. Doesn't that indicator point at you just as much as me?
Actually, that means that either your scum buddies are lurking or you're not scum. I
have
been stewing on that for a while and I will
unvote: Seol
for now.

As for you not having anything to say - that seems just off.
Seol wrote:
Phoebus wrote:That would be foolish, as almost half the town has got to be BG's at this point, and especally because I do think Seol looks a little suspicious for supporting the wrong side of the lynch yesterday.
Now you're really stretching. Johnny had
lied about his role
. I explained why, given the circumstances, we could be pretty much certain that it was Johnny who was lying, not Coolbot. Under those circumstances, you lynch the liar. And you know what, my reasoning held up - Coolbot was the one telling the truth about his role.
Given what we knew at the time
, he was absolutely the right person to lynch.

Again with the finding any convenient reason for an attack on me.
Talk about misrepresentation!
I have
never
said that. It was Yosarian2.
Are you trying to sell something off something to the town by thrusting a misleading quote in the middle of others and falsely attributing it to me by saying "Phoebus wrote"?
You're the one stretching it. Not me. I think you're a more careful player than this Seol. This will just make me more certain you're scum. You make me wonder if I should revote you. This has turned into a convenient reason to attack me!
I don't FoS. I don't use words like GG and BG.
But you did vote. Straight off the bat, you voted for someone based on lurking in what might be lynch-or-lose. Surely that's a really dangerous move for a townie? And you must know that, mustn't you?

So why did you do it?
Because, given WindSlicer's previous lurking I thought he was newbie scum. I already told you I vote if I believe I have scum.
WS's replacement, Yosarian2, has acted in no way that my suspicions of him or his predecessor would lessen. As of now, you both = scum.

For now, I'd like to hear Tally's comments. I want inHim to contribute more. And if we could please get prods on the others who are AWOL?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:02 am

Post by Fuldu »

I'm still here, and have been all along. I just didn't want to interfere with this discussion if it wasn't necessary to do so. I don't feel as strongly as Phoebus about Yosarian, but the fact that no one has jumped on either of these two bandwagons argues strongly in favor of one of them being scum. Right now, Seol has made the less convincing arguments and has also been caught in an error, which makes him a more compelling choice, but if this is a lynch-or-lose scenario (and the argument for that isn't as strong as Seol has made it out to be), it might still be dangerous to vote. So, Seol, consider yourself voted and convince me not to actually bold it.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:05 am

Post by Seol »

Phoebus wrote:Talk about misrepresentation!
I have
never
:oops:

That's what I get for composing my response in the quote window. I missed some tags, and when I was responding I thought it was you saying that.
FOS: Yosarian2
, see my previous post for reasoning.
Phoebus wrote:Are you trying to sell something off something to the town by thrusting a misleading quote in the middle of others and falsely attributing it to me by saying "Phoebus wrote"?
Thing about that is, that would be an utterly stupid thing to do, because you're bound to notice it, especially when I draw so much attention to the argument. It makes no sense as a deliberate action no matter what my role.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:53 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I've had quite a busy weekend.

Anyway, I'm not so sure that I'd vote for Seol at the moment, but rather vote for Yosarian. You say Seol may be scum on at least two different occasions, and I think three. Even if Seol does seem less suspicious than Phoebus, I'd expect a pro-town player to break down one side of the fence as well as the other. If Yosarian is scum, I do think it's more likely for Seol to be scum.
Show

:

Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:15 am

Post by Talitha »

I'm part of the way through my read through and I'm retracting my suspicion of InHim... I'm pretty confident he's pro-town now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Seol wrote:
Phoebus wrote:Talk about misrepresentation!
I have
never
:oops:

That's what I get for composing my response in the quote window. I missed some tags, and when I was responding I thought it was you saying that.
FOS: Yosarian2
, see my previous post for reasoning.
(shrug) Anyone who is on the wrong side of the bandwagon is going to be inherently slightly more suspicious looking then anyone who isn't. It's not a huge tell, of course, but it's a reason that I would be disinclined to defend you.

On the other hand, Seol, you are now the only one who is voting. Until you unvote,
fos:Seol
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:48 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

inHimshallibe wrote:I've had quite a busy weekend.

Anyway, I'm not so sure that I'd vote for Seol at the moment, but rather vote for Yosarian. You say Seol may be scum on at least two different occasions, and I think three. Even if Seol does seem less suspicious than Phoebus, I'd expect a pro-town player to break down one side of the fence as well as the other. If Yosarian is scum, I do think it's more likely for Seol to be scum.
(shrug) Hey, all I said was that Phobus's rapid voting and unvoting and then voting again in a possible lynch or lose situation did not look like a pro-town action. Phobus himself apparently agreed that he made a mistake by voting so early, because he unvoted. So what, exactally, is your problem with me?
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:15 am

Post by Phoebus »

I find it interesting that WindSlicer chose to be replaced in this particular game, when he was under pressure for lurking and such and he is still contributing in this one.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:22 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Yosarian, you've kept at Phoebus with a type of tunnel vision, and I think that's scummy.
Show

:

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:36 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

inHimshallibe wrote:Yosarian, you've kept at Phoebus with a type of tunnel vision, and I think that's scummy.
(shrug) I made that one post where I said I didn't like those two votes of his, and after that I've been attacked over and over again about that post and have had to keep defending my logic over and over again. I'm really not sure why I keep being attacked on the subject, as even Phoebus admited that my origional post was a completly logical point. Why is it he didn't just admit he made a mistake, unvote, and then let the town move on to another subject?
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:11 am

Post by Seol »

Yosarian2 wrote:On the other hand, Seol, you are now the only one who is voting. Until you unvote,
fos:Seol
I'll "unbold" my vote -
unvote: Phoebus
- but as far as I'm concerned it's still on him.
Phoebus wrote:I find it interesting that WindSlicer chose to be replaced in this particular game, when he was under pressure for lurking and such and he is still contributing in this one.
Now that is interesting... Time to go back for a re-read, methinks. Maybe that vote isn't on you, after all.

Will check back in later tonight.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:10 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Alright, now that everyone's unvoted, I can breathe a little easier and look at other issues.

I stopped for a minute, pulled back from the thread, and thought; if I was scum, what would I want to do in this situation we have today? At this point, if I was in a group of either 2 or 3 scum, I would not only be trying to avoid being lynched, I would be trying to avoid attracting the attention of the SK/other scum group; at this point, the town could theoretically hit every lynch and still lose, the town's best chance of winning is to hope for a crosskill between the different scum groups, and I'm sure the scum know that as well. So if I were a scum, I would probably have wanted to go into lurk mode, and keep a low profile today in order to try to avoid any attention from anyone, ESPECALLY from the SK or other killing group.

Looking at today, the three people who haven't posted very much content today are Fuldu, Tailia, and Astro. We really need to hear more from all of them.

Out of the three, Astro seems to me to be most suspicious looking lurker; he was consistantly active throughout day 1, posting fairly regularly. But so far day 2, he only posted once, a short post of only a few lines that just threw a general FOS at a couple of people without any actual explination or reasoning, and after that, he has lurked for the past 6 days. Not only that, but looking at his profile, it looks like he has been quite active in other games over the past 6 days, posting in a different game just today. So, Astro, is there any specific reason why you have been lurking in this game?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:24 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I've been assigned a fairly long and difficult paper to write; it's doubtful I'll be of much use until Thursday. I'll try on my little mental recesses.
Show

:

Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:51 pm

Post by Talitha »

I've finally caught up in this game - sorry about that.

So, most likely scenario is that we have 4 scum (divided 3-1 or 2-2) alive. I think halfpint made it pretty clear that she investigated inHim... so that and the mason claim are enough for me to declare him good for now.

Now as to whether the other mason should come out, there's pros and cons, I want to ponder it for a bit longer. The best play for the scum is to try and eliminate the other scum. If the scum distribution is 3-1, and we don't lynch one of the mafia today, and they manage to narrow down who is the SK and kill them overnight, it's curtains for the town. However, if there are 2 groups of 2 scum, we want them firing at each other and not the town, so it would possibly be advantageous to reveal the other mason.

My top picks for scum:
Astronaut
Seol

Not so sure on (but probably only one is innocent):
Yosarian
Phoebus
Fuldu
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:07 am

Post by Astronaut »

Hmm...where's the post I wrote yesterday? Well, nevermind...

I was responding to Yosarian2 pointing at me for lurking, and I don't have a very good excuse. I guess one of the reasons why I haven't been active lately is that I'm a bit intimidated by the length of the posts from Phoebus and Seol. All the quoting and analyzing every single word that's been said... I truly admire their effort, but I won't even try to follow them.

That being said, I find it highly unlikely that we won't find scum among the more talkative here. As Yosarian pointed out, lurking could be a successful strategy for scum at this moment, but when people attack eachother this vigorously, I don't see how they can all be pro-town.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards believing Phoebus, which means Seol is probably still the one I'm more suspicious of. I haven't totally ruled out the option of inHim being scum either, which is why I'm tempted to have his mason partner come out, but I'm not entirely sure we'd benefit from it.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”