DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:39 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

I think I may have actually been a replacement ino this game at some point. The cohesiveness and flavor have really kind of slowly drained out of it, and I can barely remember the start...

Anyway, I'd be in favor of Pooky revealing his results, as well, but I guess if we're expecting waves of replacements the game is going to stall for a couple more days, so there's probably not a rush to reveal... intro posts from replacements can mean a lot.
To be Continued...
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:05 pm

Post by Thoth »

Fritzler wrote:Also, could we get
prods for Thoth, Sinster Overlord and Flying dutchman
who have been active on other games. I think they just for got.
Not really. I just have to read to the complete thread which is 40 pages and have no time to do so. If there's a replacement available for me that would be best.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:44 pm

Post by esme »

Like, someone who loves to read 40 pages?

I'm all for replacing in general, but there have been so many replacements already and we won't get five replacements who actually quickly or at all read the 40 pages.

We are 13 alive and would have to replace

Annoyingpest
Subtletactix
Electra
Thoth
SinisterOverlord

So let's put two more votes on Electra to lynch her AND search for replacements.
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:31 am

Post by Fritzler »

esme wrote:Like, someone who loves to read 40 pages?

I'm all for replacing in general, but there have been so many replacements already and we won't get five replacements who actually quickly or at all read the 40 pages.

We are 13 alive and would have to replace

Annoyingpest
Subtletactix
Electra
Thoth
SinisterOverlord

So let's put two more votes on Electra to lynch her AND search for replacements.
Hmmm, 5 scum left, 5 lurkers left. Coincidence? Probably.
OK, the only two of those I'm suspicous of are Electra, Annoyingpest, and maybe subtletactix, the others i haven't decided on. I think thoth is pro town.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:08 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm not fond of Thoth's willingness to be replaced at this point, but not enough to vote.

Maybe I've just had enough of this being the longest, confusingest, replacingest game I've ever been in...
Retired as of October 2014.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:01 pm

Post by Thoth »

Mr. Flay wrote: I'm not fond of Thoth's willingness to be replaced at this point, but not enough to vote.
What does willingness to be replaced have to do with being scum?
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:47 pm

Post by esme »

This game is crippled by people lurking and/or being replaced.

I'd rather you read the thread than discuss this.
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:57 am

Post by Fritzler »

Yea, but soon we're gonna need replacements or else we're not gonna be able to lynch anyone.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:04 am

Post by mneme »

Fritz. Very true. :(

Where is a mneme when we need one? (oh, right, he's already replaced in :)
Did I say too much?
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:23 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

The front-page post is STILL not correct, I think. I replaced FD on Day Two or Three....but yes, he never posted before that.
I could have sworn I fixed that months ago... fixed now-

As for people being replaced- I have to more people willing to replace. Guys please PM me if you require replacing, I don't always catch it in the thread. Did annoyingpest asked to be replaced? He just replaced someone in the game recently...

Electra requires replacing the most- I'll get on that right now. As for Annoyingpest, Subtletactix, Thoth, and SinisterOverlord I'll PM them a prod. Seriously guys with the amount of people in this game combined with the number of people that have been replaced, I can barely keep up with who has stopped posting. Thanks for the heads up on them. PM further problems/info to keep the thread clear.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:45 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

*twiddles thumbs while he waits to see what happens*
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:51 am

Post by mneme »

O..o
Did I say too much?
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:57 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Thoth, American, is dead.
(Modkill)
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:12 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Whoa, what? Why? I mean, sure he'd only posted twice in the last month, but those two posts were in the last two days!
To be Continued...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:18 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Jeezus. I know the town's been doing well on lynches, but why are we being handicapped by now losing
two
presumably pro-town roles to arbitrary modkill??
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:39 am

Post by mneme »

Mr. Flay: I have at least some faith that there's a reason for them, even if we don't know what it is.

Still 7 to lynch, since we're twelve, so that modkill oddly made it harder to lynch, not easier.
Did I say too much?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:20 am

Post by Fuldu »

I'm beginning to wonder if these aren't modkills - why would a modkill ever happen at night (i.e., the DP modkill)? Or right after two incredibly innocuous posts (i.e., the Thoth modkill)? These are potentially mod-flavored regular kills. I'd be inclined to believe they're Godkills, but I don't know for sure. And I can't say for sure that they're scumkills as opposed to vigkills of some sort, but it seems more probable.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:23 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sure, I'm probably jumping the gun on Thoth, but the other modkill was totally arbitrary.
Polotet in post 652 wrote:Dragon Phoenix quit, and since we needed all the replacements that were available and he quit rather than vanished, DS and I decided to modkill him rather than replace him. If that makes sense.
I'm just frustrated; please don't modkill me for bitching about it in-thread, I would like to see this game through to the conclusion (or until I die, whichever comes first).
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:30 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Hey... that makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately, I don't see that we're able to do anything about it, since God obviously can't/won't come forward and identify himself.

However, the fact that we haven't been losing prominent claimed pro-towns to this argues that if you're right, God is not scum; I doubt there's an anti-God doc in the works here.
To be Continued...
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:57 pm

Post by Fritzler »

I have a suspicion I know where these MIGHT come from, I'm ognna try to collect my thoughts into a more sensible manner. It might be a while.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:28 pm

Post by Fritzler »

OK, before reading this post, I want you to know that I haven't finished the book yet, and there are spoilers to the second season premier of six feet under.
Dragon Phoenix wrote:
DarkLight140 wrote:If we're lurker hunting, wouldn't, say, Dragon Phoenix be a better move?
I have left the game early April (see posts in sign-up thread).
Dragon Phoenix in the sign up thread wrote:/out in view of the lack of pace of this game.
He clearly quit.
Thoth wrote:
Fritzler wrote:Also, could we get
prods for Thoth, Sinster Overlord and Flying dutchman
who have been active on other games. I think they just for got.
Not really. I just have to read to the complete thread which is 40 pages and have no time to do so. If there's a replacement available for me that would be best.
Here thoth kind of offered to quit.

Good Omens (especially in the context of this game) seems to me to be about life. The struggle of life. The game of life. While I was trying to think of the reasons for this mod kill, I thought of several things. I was blank.
But then I re-watched an episode of Six Feet Under, and nate confuses an asprin pill with an ectasy pill, and gets high. He then sees his dead father playing chinese checkers with life and death. Life and death ask if nate wants to play, and nate says, "shouldn't I wait for this game to end?" Life retorts with sometihng along the lines of, "This game ain't never gonna end, honey" and death goes "You're either in or out." His father says "On or off the bus if you prefer." This was meant to show that Nate was either highly emersed in living, and being active, or he was out and what not. Good omens seems the same to me. You're either in, or you're out, dead. So I think at the point where someone offers to go out, they're off the bus. They're not playing. They're not in the struggle for life. And also this would only apply to currently living humans I guess, and that would fit both the roles.*
Fuldu wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if these aren't modkills - why would a modkill ever happen at night (i.e., the DP modkill)? Or right after two incredibly innocuous posts (i.e., the Thoth modkill)? These are potentially mod-flavored regular kills. I'd be inclined to believe they're Godkills, but I don't know for sure. And I can't say for sure that they're scumkills as opposed to vigkills of some sort, but it seems more probable.
I don't think these are a killing group. Night 3 and day 6? It doesn't make any sense. I guess, it could be every three days, cuz 3 is a magical number, but it doesn't make sense for one to be night and the next to be day. Unless the mods are randomly killing people every three days, for some stupid reaosn, and forgot last night.
But this especially not if it was god kills. Most people think god would be partnered with metatron, and it would be way underpowered for a scum group to kill this rarely. And it doesn't make sense, because we have almost all our other kills assigned, don't we?

Internet Stranger (Brian, A Boy, and member of Them) was burned, Night 1.-duke of hell
Porro (Pepper, A Girl, and member of Them) died of malnutrition, Night 1.-the horse men of the same name
Mole (Aziraphale, An angel, and part-time rare book dealer) was run over, and has presumably discorporated, Night 1.-them or anathema
Mastermind of Sin (Beelzebub, A Likewise Fallen Angel and Prince of Hell) died, and has presumably discorporated, Night 1.-GBh
mepmuff (Newton Pulsifer, Wages Clerk and Witchfinder Private) was run over, Night 2.-Them, or Anathema
Stewie (Crowley, An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards) died, and has presumably discorporated, Night 2.-GBH
Gaspode (DEATH) was lynched, and discorporated, Day 2.

Dragon Phoenix (Atlantisan, Townie) was mod killed, Night 3.

PeaceBringer (Anathema Device, Practical Occultist and Professional Descendent) was crushed by fish, Night 3.-Mith's group or w/e
Coron (Shadwell, Witchfinder Sergeant) was burned, Night 3.-Dukes of hell
Peachy, Pollution (Pollution), was lynched day 3.

Aelyn, Satan (A Fallen Angel; the Adversary), died night 4.-GBH/Mith's group
Fuldu, Mr. Tyler (A Chairman of a Residents' Association), was enveloped by fire, and died, night 4.-dukes of hell
Genocide Heart, Ligur (Likewise Fallen Angel and Duke of Hell), was lynched day 4.

Locus Cosecant, Dog (Satanical hellhound and cat-worrier), died night 5.
Rolandofthewhite, Madame Tracy (Painted Jezebel [mornings only, Thursdays by arrangement] and medium), died night 5.
*Night 5 kills didn't have flavor, i'd assume it was some combo of dukes of hell, miths group, and the korais's group. two probably target roland, after all, he was confirmed*
Korais, Famine, was lynched Day 5.

Mith, Grevious Bodily Harm, was incinerated night 6.-Duke of hell
Olio, Warlock, was killed by.. dog shit night 6.-Treading in Dog shit i believe esme said (which for some reason i found kind suspicious in retro spect)
Thoth, American, was modkilled day 6.

*This sounded a lot better in my head, but when it came out it sounded like crap.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:43 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Midkills are nothing more than what they are. Modkills. They have nothing to do with the game and in both cases I had good reason to do it. If you have a major problem with them then PM me.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:02 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Hmmm, ok. Disregard everything I said. But what I said about god and metatron not having night kills still applies.
So thoth must have broken his role somehow, but how? Based off of what I know of the American (he's the one who raises adam, right?) I can't think of any sort of restriction or anything that Thoth would have broken.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:23 pm

Post by mneme »

Dunno. Posting restriction, maybe -- don't remember the Americans in the book.

Should re-read one of these days.
Did I say too much?
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:34 pm

Post by Fritzler »

I'm pretty sure he's the guy that when they had the baby switch he accidently got Adam. Or maybe he's the one that wasn't supposed to get Adam, but did anyways. I don't remember.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”