Newbie 906 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Perez
Perez
Townie
Perez
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Perez »

I'm fairly sure the game is over cause we were over deadline but we have to wait for Kison to appear again. He may have just been really busy this week? :?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:32 am

Post by Kison »

You all think I'd abandon you??? :(

Day Three's Final Vote Count

smashbro_of_the_SSS (
) : Skill006, Perez
Skill006 (
) : smashbro_of_the_SSS
Perez (
) : Elscouta

Not Voting (
) : jmurph3

With
alive,
votes were required to lynch.

Note: Deadline was at
April 21st, 2010, 11:59:59 PM, EDT
. The above vote count is taking into account all votes at or before post #1067

Lynch scene coming right up.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Kison »

And so the indecisive lynch mob shrugged their shoulders, unable to come to a decision by the time the hour hand struck twelve. They all went their own way, hoping for a miracle.
Skill006
walked through the darkness of the town towards her home, constantly looking over her shoulder in fear of being murdered in cold blood. That sort of thing was common nowadays. She reached her home, pulled out her key, and unlocked the front door. One step in, and the blood drained from her face. She didn't even have the time to scream for help by the time death took her.

Skill006, Vanilla Townie, killed in the endgame.

jmurph3
was cornered against a wall in a dark alley, two darkly clothed individuals heading her way. One wielded a knife, still filthy with the blood from the previous night's kill. The other was slowly reaching for a pistol worn on the waist. But jmurph3 wasn't worried. She had a tommy gun, after all. Smiling, she pointed her gun at them and pulled the trigger.

If only she'd kept it loaded.

jmurph3, Vanilla townie, killed in the endgame.

Elscouta
was running head over heals away from this cursed town. He had no idea what madness brought him here in the first place, but he recognized now that it was, quit literally, a bloody mistake. At last, he reached the river where there were two of the nicest people he'd ever met who offered him
free passage
on their ferry!

Of course, they killed him before they let him on board, and dumped his body into the river.

Elscouta, Vanilla Townie, killed in the endgame.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Kison »

Game Over!

The Mafia,
Perez
and
smashbro_of_the_SSS
, win!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

*Returns to the thread*

At the start of day 3 I was almost positive jmurph and Smash were the scum! I admit, jmurph I mainly had pegged from the early vote (I saw her hoping for a fast Skill wagon, and instantly pegged Skill as innocent).

Smash... I'm not sure why I pegged him as scum, something early on in the 3rd day made me think he was (and lo... he was).

Was a great game, and I loved playing with everyone in here (and reading those I never had chance to really play alongside of).

Ray was a great intro into Mafia (and... I've somewhat stolen your idea of acting weird early on to get discussion flowing, even if it gets me lynched, it's better than tons of RVS early on, lol).

Zorblag came in well, though I obviously went way off in the wrong direction in regards to where he was coming from... stuff to learn in the future for me really.

jmurph and Skill, both great fun to play alongside, even if I did have you both pegged as scum :P. Hopefully we get to enjoy another game together at some point in the future.

fuzzy... sorry for the early game lynch if you read this :P.

Paltry, I'm playing a game with anyway right now lol.

Everyone else, either you sodded off, or I barely was able to chat with you.

As far as this game specifically goes though, I agree, the Ray lynch day 2 was somewhat rushed, and it shouldn't have been. I also think we spent so long trying to discuss things at times, that we were willing to ignore early on scummy behaviour in a day, in favour of anything more recent, and then when we did look back at something, we allowed ourselves to get hung up over specific things, rather than looking at the bigger picture.

I think the long waiting, and almost deliberate holding back to wait for nearer the lynch actually hindered us more. If we had lynched Zorb/Apathy day 1, we would have had no WIFOM stuff day 2, and been clearer on that, (Even if it was mainly me pushing it... sorry guys :().

Oh... and I mentioned it in PM buuuut... Kison, loved your modding, and the images for the deaths was brilliant and made the game even better, plus the fact you were very active meant the game was never able to stall. (I've played a few games, on other sites, where at times the mod pretty much just vanishes, which stalls the game horribly when you think you've hit lynch target, and are just waiting on the mod)

Good game all round, and congrats scum... and congrats to everyone who actually came into that game part way through and had to read the mess of posts I made XD.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Zorblag »

First off, congratulations scum and thanks for the great modding Kison. Thank you everyone else for the enjoyable (if at times frustrating) game as well.

Second off, everyone in the game has my profound apologizes. Life came crashing in for a couple weeks and I simply didn't have time to do anything fun related in general (let alone mafia related.) Thanks for taking over for me Elscouta! You did at least as well as I would have.

So here are some general lessons that I'd love to have everyone take away from the game:

1. Don't be afraid to lynch someone who isn't around just because they might be town. Town should have a reason to be active (you need active players to root out scum) but if scum can blend into the background it behooves them to do it. On day two all of the active players for most of the day were town. When there was a reluctance to lynch those who weren't posting we were making it really hard to win.

2. Policy lynches aren't necessarily a bad thing. Even if they are, wanting to lynch an inactive player for things that they did before disappearing isn't a policy lynch. That Skill006 and I were accused of pushing a policy lynch so often and by so many (and had it presented as a negative thing) was frustrating to me (and I'm pretty sure she feels the same.)

3. Personally I feel that it's usually better to go ahead and lynch someone if you're close to the end of a day rather than waiting for a replacement or (even worse) a deadline extension. I think you should have lynched Apathy day one (or even me after I replaced in; I certainly didn't do anything to erase his scummy behavior) and Phaen day two. At the very least I'd recommend against using the desire to finish a day that's already been dragging as a reason to suspect someone.

4. Pushing people on details (and regression in general) isn't particularly a scum tell. If anything it's a bit of a town tell. Town need to figure out who's scum and looking for those details (like why jmurph3 used diatribe the way she did) is a way to do that. Scum can sit back and let a town destroy itself if it's going to find that sort of thing scummy but town can't afford to let the details go if they're going to find scum. If I had been scum this game with the activity levels being what they were there's really no way I would have been pushing jmurph3 (who was responsive) or the Phaen case as much as I was. I just wouldn't have had a need to; I could have gotten by with next to no suspicion and coasted to an easy win.

5. WIFOM doesn't make a good foundation of a case. It's potentially reasonable to use to support other actions but if it's the main tell you've got then the game has had way too little going on. Everything that I was saying was said honestly and with the intention of helping the town. Sure I could have made the same moves if I was scum but given role distribution I was much more likely to have a town role; there's not a great reason to think that I must be scum if it looks like I'm trying to help show what to expect in a newbie game.

It's interesting that this game all of the replacements (except for those in my player spot) were made by scum. That means that the scum were both inactive for large stretches and that they changed voices and playstyles multiple times. Both of those things work against the town. Add in the fact that we were in the hardest iteration of the game for the town (no power roles) and it's not that surprising at all that scum walked away with a win. That's not to say that Perez and Smashbro_of_the_SSS didn't play well or deserve the win (they did what they needed to, clearly) or that the town should use the situation as an excuse for not having won. It's simply worth pointing out that this would have been a really hard game to win. I think that the active town members really did try and if they weren't perfect (I certainly wasn't while I was here) they all have a good foundation to work from and should be good to go in general games at Mafia Scum. In the end I was pretty pleased with people individually and would be happy to play with any of you in future games.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Ditto to wanting to play in future games (as I said anyways). Definitely learnt about not focusing on WIFOM too much, nor allowing people to slide by so much. I'm often too willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, I'm quickly learning that I can't do that in this game, as that just opens the door for scum to walk all over you.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Skill006 »

0_0 Holy crap perez, you totally had me fooled at that last part. I was so sure that jmurph was scum there, and smashbro was her partner. I thought this was gonna be a game I was going to win. :lol: Oh well, if town had won, we would've won purely by luck :/

Well, congratulations to our mafia team! Perez and smashbro, ya both did really good, especially on that last day! jammer, phaen, and everyone else did good in the beginning, too (Although, of course, I totally knew you guys were scum XD)

Smashbro, I think, did a good job of staying in the background. It was hard to find anything really that scummy about him, except for his lack of posting. Jammer was the same, actually (I've always found lurking to be a big scum tell, especially in newbie games).

Perez, you did good at convincing me you were a townie (darn you for totally tricking me like that, I'm too gullible XD) Had I not unvoted, we would have a day 4. Darn it, jmurph had the right idea.

jmurph I felt was fairly consistent in her play. I had a newb town read on her for a good portion of the game, however a lot of zorb's points started convincing me, plus some of the stuff from day 3.

Prana was a really helpful player to town, and really kept this town alive. There were some points I disagreed with him on, but it looks like he's already taken another look at those so, all in all, I'm glad I could play with him. ^_^

It was disappointing to see Ray's activity level drop off in day 2. I guess he's not used to living to day 2 :lol: . But still, it would've been nice to have him around more.

It was also really nice to have zorblag in this game. He was the only person I had any kind of support from, and had it not been for him, I would've been lynched in Ray's place (not that it would've made much of a difference, it was just nice to be able to live). It was also really helpful to see his points of view. Glad I could play with him, too.

I know I learned a lot from this game, starting with "put your stinkin' vote on someone, if not just to save your own hide XD" Anyway, any feedback and/or suggestions on my play are appreciated (I really need them).

And thanks Kison for modding the game. It was really unique with the death scenes and everything. If I ever mod a game, I think I'll add pics too (maybe. Its a cool idea).

This was a really great cast of people to play with, despite the game dragging on so long; though, I'm getting used to that, as every game I'm in, the lynch is dragged to deadline ^.^;. I hope there'll be more games to play in with you guys :D
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Skill006 »

teh troll wrote:2. Policy lynches aren't necessarily a bad thing. Even if they are, wanting to lynch an inactive player for things that they did before disappearing isn't a policy lynch. That Skill006 and I were accused of pushing a policy lynch so often and by so many (and had it presented as a negative thing) was frustrating to me (and I'm pretty sure she feels the same.)
This is true.
Zorblag wrote:It's interesting that this game all of the replacements (except for those in my player spot) were made by scum.
Wow..That is kinda weird. And you bring up a good point. Like I have said, lurking is a big scum tell to me, especially if they're doing it effectively.

And yeah, smash's slot had like forty replacements, that didn't exactly help XD Ah well, what can you do
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Losing this game calls for a new avatar.
Perez
Perez
Townie
Perez
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Perez »

Well that was an experience.

Coming into a game as a replacement, I was thrilled since I had just signed up and as previously stated, never actually participated in a game. What I was not thrilled about was coming in as a mafia member. I was all gungho thinking "I know plenty of scummy things from modding all those games, I'll find all the scum and win for sure!" Worse yet, having my partner being a replacement as well, literally just before me, meant we both were going into this game new and unsure of people right away. Reading the whole thread in a sitting isn't nearly as helpful as being there from the beginning and seeing things play out.

I had thought Skill's playing in the first two days was the scummiest of all the townies so I was going to stick to that as hard as I could. However I wanted to keep in mind to keep my partner in my crosshairs and should one of us be caught, the other would at least have that protection from the other. I had sided myself with jmurph3 because she also thought Skill was scummy in her play and because if I died, I wanted someone who to go down with me who wasn't Smash :P

This game, although I was in it for a short time, was very very stressful. Coupled with my real life things I've had to deal with (and really, we all have our real life things to deal with so it's no excuse) it kept me under pressure but the difference was I was having fun with this game. I though I was making some headway in keeping Skill in the cross-hairs and Smash relatively safe. Elscouta pretty much ruined my comfortable demeanor and I got very very worried people would lynch me. I had all but given up on staying in the game up until jmurph3 botched that last vote and Skill took that as a quick lynch, something that didn't even occur to me at all. If Skill hasn't brought that up, I would have given up. I jumped on that as quickly as I could and I knew Smash/Elscouta wouldn't be back in time to vote out Smash (I was sweating bullets refreshing the thread for the last 10 minutes every minute hoping I was right). At midnight I did a victory dance and a wave of relief hit me XD

@RayFrost

I actually really liked your posting by the way. I'm a firm believer in "Gut instinct" voting. If I was townie I wouldn't have lynched you but you definitely made me uneasy enough to want to push you gone.

@PranaDevil

Didn't really get to talk to you much. You were also a good poster and I think you figured things out pretty well. As Zorblag pointed out, killing you made sense to us =\ No hard feelings XD

@Zorblag

You were right a lot and posted a lot of helpful stuff, both to me as a scum and me thinking from the point of view of a town. Definitely helpful. I was super happy when you disappeared because it put pressure off me but from a gamer's point of view, I wish you hadn't disappeared, it definitely would have made things very tricky for me and beyond interesting.

@Smash

You being away a lot wasn't helpful but I was SUPER happy you picked up on the "me accuse you you accuse me" I pushing for when we started. Your posts were enough for me to keep pressure on you and I'm glad we managed to finish this game without one of us replacing out. I know you must have felt like I did in terms of the worry and concern about replacing in as scum. Wish you were on more to keep playing off each other but nonetheless we won and thanks for working with me.

@Elscouta

You switching in and not posting right away threw me off. I couldn't pressure you and I knew the others wouldn't vote you out since everyone had expressed before their discomfort in voting out a replacement just as they come in. I pretty much thought you were the end of me and the comfort I had with the game up till the end. Shame it ended so soon to see what you would have done later.

@jmurph3

I'm glad you saw the same things I did regarding Skill being "scummy" and I was actually a bit concerned with you last post voting against me, not so much because you were voting against me but because you're mis-vote was really unlike you and not posting anything else made me think something was wrong. I wanted to win but I didn't want to win like that. Hope everyone was/is fine and good game.

@Skill

Sorry for being a lying jerk =\ I had pretty much almost burnt out when you voted against me and when you pointed out jmurph3 screwing up the vote and not saying anything else it was like a virtual slap in the face to wake up and realize I had a chance to convince you that I was innocent for sure. Even if you had kept your vote on me town would have lost since jmurph3's vote didn't count but you should have stayed with voting against me instead of Smash =\. Cheers.

@Kison

Thank you for letting me in on this game the same day I registered for the forum and letting me know how things were played here and such. You were a fun mod, keeping on things, and I'm glad I got to play.

All that said, I don't think I'll be participating in another game soon. Didn't realize how stressful all you guys have it. I've had waaay too much comfort sitting on the side watching the game unfold. Definitely learned a lot from this. Good game everyone.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by Elscouta »

Bah.

I'm officially a (dead) sad panda. I KNEW IT.

Nice job Perez of faking town after the deadline though. It sure fooled me.
You switching in and not posting right away threw me off. I couldn't pressure you and I knew the others wouldn't vote you out since everyone had expressed before their discomfort in voting out a replacement just as they come in. I pretty much thought you were the end of me and the comfort I had with the game up till the end. Shame it ended so soon to see what you would have done later.
I felt I wouldn't be the lynch, so I could allow me to retain some information and post my real suspicions last. It almost worked, even if the time I used to do that might have been a reason of the loss.
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Post by Elscouta »

Bah.

I'm officially a (dead) sad panda. I KNEW IT.

Nice job Perez of faking town after the deadline though. It sure fooled me.

---
I felt I wouldn't be the lynch, so I could allow me to retain some information and post my real suspicions last. It almost worked, even if the time I used to do that might have been a reason of the loss.

---

It was fun playing for the time it lasted though. I would have prefered playing two days after reading 40 pages though :/
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:13 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Congrats to smash and Perez. I think you had most of us confused for a good part of the game!

Sorry for my seemingly random vote of Perez. I had reread everything, going off of Elscouta's point about smash and Perez possibly being a scumteam. I still thought Skill was scummy, with her scumbuddy being Perez, and the only other viable team to me was Perez and smash. I decided to go with the one who was on both teams. And since I was in a rush, I apparently failed (facepalm) at even casting a legitimate vote. Everything is ok with me, I was not feeling well and therefore wanted to get my vote out there before going and passing out for the night (I knew I wasn't going to make it til the deadline), which is also why I wasn't online for the vote switching.

Still, good job to the scum, and it was really nice playing with everyone! I look forward to playing in more games (hopefully with some of you!!).

And Kison, thanks for modding! I loved my death scene :)
Perez
Perez
Townie
Perez
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Perez »

Kison, what did you think of how this game from the mods' all knowing point of view?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Disappointed to see town lost. Also disappointed to know that I'll never know why I was killed. (Especially considering my view on jmurph3 who turned out to be town). Still, good job scum and congrats!

Thanks for modding Kison!
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@PaltryExcuse, clearly I'm not scum and so I don't know what they were actually thinking when they chose to kill you but you were easily one of the most pro-town players in the game after day one. Your kill was probably just made because of that (much like PranaDevil's on night two.) I know that I was completely unsurprised to see you were dead at the start of day two.

On the whole that's a very good thing. If you can draw night kills as a vanilla townie you're doing a good job in my opinion.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Skill006 »

perez wrote: I had all but given up on staying in the game up until jmurph3 botched that last vote and Skill took that as a quick lynch, something that didn't even occur to me at all. If Skill hasn't brought that up, I would have given up.
Gah. I always find a way to totally screw it over for town XD
perez wrote:Sorry for being a lying jerk =\
Don't worry about it, that's what you had to do :) I was the gullible one, anyway lol
perez wrote:All that said, I don't think I'll be participating in another game soon. Didn't realize how stressful all you guys have it.
That's exactly how I felt about my first game and this game, too, and I'm glad the pressure didn't drive you to replace out. But, you really should try another game some time soon, chances are you'll end up with a townie role, which I can imagine being somewhat less pressured (I wouldn't know though, never been scum :P)
jmurph wrote:Sorry for my seemingly random vote of Perez. I had reread everything, going off of Elscouta's point about smash and Perez possibly being a scumteam. I still thought Skill was scummy, with her scumbuddy being Perez, and the only other viable team to me was Perez and smash. I decided to go with the one who was on both teams. And since I was in a rush, I apparently failed (facepalm) at even casting a legitimate vote. Everything is ok with me, I was not feeling well and therefore wanted to get my vote out there before going and passing out for the night (I knew I wasn't going to make it til the deadline), which is also why I wasn't online for the vote switching.
Don't worry about it. The vote made sense, and if you weren't feeling well, then it's not you who should be blamed :) At any rate, I shouldn't have been so quick to think you were the scum trying to quick lynch (it apparently didn't occur to Perez that you were trying to quick lynch, so I probably shouldn't have said anything ^.^;
And Kison, thanks for modding! I loved my death scene :)
Ditto :D
paltry wrote:Disappointed to see town lost.
Haha, sorry. I know you have a pretty good record of winning (or, I think you do...?) I guess this game was a mix of our hesitation and the scum's skill (and their replacing out so much :/), so it was pretty hard.
paltry wrote:Also disappointed to know that I'll never know why I was killed.
I was assuming you were going to be NKed, actually, and I thought you were too, when you posted this:
paltry wrote:Let's stop with the PBPAs. We're basically telling who the mafia should NK at this point. Keeping some opinions to yourself (your strongest pro-town reads) is a good idea unless otherwise necessary (you're asked directly about the person, defending them etc.).
Everyone was basically like "paltry is definitely town, no doubt in our minds whatsoever" so that probably did it for the scum at that time (jammer and phaen, I believe).
zorby wrote:On the whole that's a very good thing. If you can draw night kills as a vanilla townie you're doing a good job in my opinion.
Which is why I'm never NKed XD
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Skill006 »

Nearly forgot.
@one of the scummies: Do you think you could post the QT?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:59 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Skill006 wrote:
perez wrote:All that said, I don't think I'll be participating in another game soon. Didn't realize how stressful all you guys have it.
That's exactly how I felt about my first game and this game, too, and I'm glad the pressure didn't drive you to replace out. But, you really should try another game some time soon, chances are you'll end up with a townie role, which I can imagine being somewhat less pressured (I wouldn't know though, never been scum :P)
I think, to be honest, I made things harder than they needed to be in the early going by talking way too damned much. I replied to everything which, essentially, led us all round the houses just to a conclusion of "yep, him and Ray are both town and making a pigs ear of stuff" lol.

As for Skill never being scum... I've been scum once, and that was in a game elsewhere where I was "recruited" ight 0 by someone who successfully went and got himself lynched day one by stating "I don't even think town have a win condition"... as per the makeup of that game, I too was "kicked out" after his lynch, doh!

So as far as I'm concerned, I've not been scum yet, lol.
Perez
Perez
Townie
Perez
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:53 am

Post by Perez »

Nearly forgot.
@one of the scummies: Do you think you could post the QT?
QT? I'm not quite sure what that means, tried looking up in common abbreviations and nothing. Help Skill? x.x
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Zorblag »

QT stands for quick topic. Many mods will set up a quick Topic for scum to use to chat during the night. I like them alot as it gives the scum a central place to do their planning and if scum needs to be replaced their replacements are aware of what happened during the previous nights (rather than just the day stuff in the main thread.) Not all mods set up quick topics and I'm not sure whether Kison does or not. Here's an example of the quick topic from the latest completed game where I was scum to get a feel for how I tend to use nights as scum:

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/FuKBiLaaJ2a3

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Perez
Perez
Townie
Perez
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Perez »

Ah, thanks Zorblag.

Kison mentioned he wanted a link if we set one up ourselves. I didn't exactly know what he meant at the time but instead I split communication with Smash between PMs and a little bit of AIM.

Here is some of our conversation from Night 2.
Perez wrote:Do you use skype/steam/msn/any IM client for us to hammer out what to do tonight instead of using PMs?

Perez
Smash wrote:i dont have any of those, only aim, sorry. we can continue this conversation elsewhere, but might as well get it started.

also, glad that ray has been lynched, he's usually good at catching me as scum (obviously).

so now, who do you want to kill? There is:

zorblag
skill - (claimed VT)
jumurph
prana
both of us

Skill I think we should keep around, part for some suspicion on her, and because of the claim. It seems unlikely that there's any power roles, but that's happened before. Only person with little to no suspicion on them is Prana, so it might do good to kill him, and roleblock one of the other two.

It also seems to be slitting off into beliefs of a me/skill team or jmurph/you team, so we could try to play the next day that way. Either way, we're distanced.

Obviously I'm not that great a player, so any suggestions?
Perez wrote:I think you are correct. Zorb is the only one who suspects both of us. To kill Skill wouldn't help us, nor jmurph3. If we go after Zorb I think they'll go after me first and then you after. Prana seems to be the logical choice for us since he is sided with me (a bit) but no one really accused him much.

Also, as I wrote in thread, this is my first game I'm actually playing in and I've been trying to attack you the same amount as I did the others to try and position both of us in a good spot if one of us gets lynched. I'm going to keep trying to "put pressure" on you but you ought to keep it up on jmurph or Zorb I think. Assuming you agree to Prana being killed I will go after Skill, you, Zorb and I'm guessing you'd go after jmurph, Zorb, Skill.

I'd really rather keep these talks up more on some sort of IM client so I made an AIM account. (removed my AIM here since I use MSN waaay more anyways). Add me soon and I'll be online in two-three hours and will be on for the rest of the night. As long as we get a good game plan out in 10-20 minutes I think we can get through this next day without being lynched.

Cheers,
Perez
Then we talked on AIM for a bit here when Smash's internet died and I was at the airport at the time talking on my phone. This is what was said after that.
Smash wrote:i understand the attacking, it helped and makes sense. you didnt have to feel bad.

but yeah, im going to try to seem like buddies with skill, and you said you wanted to buddy with jmurph? then, even if one of us dies, we make sure the dead person's "buddy" is in the final 3, and we should be good.
Perez wrote:If several of them start going after me, don't wait around to build a case against me. Just hit me with whatever you got. I'm going to do the same for you and if we can't avoid it we may end up lynching each other but hopefully that will save the other person.

Good luck man!
Perez
Smash wrote:awesome, thanks. I'm thinking of roleblocking zorb, just because its between him and jmurf

I know it isn't much but it's all I got in PMs saved. Hope it gives you a bit more than what I stated at the end a few posts up.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

First off, great job Perez, this would never have come off without you. I really don't like my play in this game, wish I could have been able to convince people i was town better. But that's always been a tough position for me.

As for town, there really wasn't much to get help from, with no power roles, the replacements, and my long absence. Again, I wish I could have been able to participate more, but robotics called.

Only thing that could have helped town was when skill put a vote on jmurph early Day 3. perez pointed out that scum could quick lynch, then came a zorb post saying the same thing. that should have eliminated them as scum buddies (though i dont think zorb was under much suspicion) and nearly confirm that I was scum who couldn't end the game, or skill was scum who wouldn't vote herself.
Skill006 wrote:Smashbro, I think, did a good job of staying in the background. It was hard to find anything really that scummy about him, except for his lack of posting. Jammer was the same, actually (I've always found lurking to be a big scum tell, especially in newbie games).
I guess it helped, but yeah, his lurking should have gotten him lynched or under suspicion I believe.
Perez wrote:@Smash

You being away a lot wasn't helpful but I was SUPER happy you picked up on the "me accuse you you accuse me" I pushing for when we started. Your posts were enough for me to keep pressure on you and I'm glad we managed to finish this game without one of us replacing out. I know you must have felt like I did in terms of the worry and concern about replacing in as scum. Wish you were on more to keep playing off each other but nonetheless we won and thanks for working with me.
yeah, I was figuring on that going down, and was originally planning on trying to agree with skill and have a split town, but when elcosta came in and sided with jmurph, I changed that idea.

The replacements were a pain, and sorry for not being around to help with anything at all. :/ maybe another game.

~~~~~~~~~

oh, and as for the Ray lynch, I couldn't believe how lucky I was. Obviously he can pin me as scum when I am, we've played a few games together, so being able to vote him out really helped. Don't know how it happened, but I would have wanted him dead that night if the lynch didnt go through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

i think that's all i have to say now, but i just spent the 4 till 10 today doing homework and i need sleep. again, i liked playing with all of you, newbie games are always the most fun. I'll look forward to playing with you guys later
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:28 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Couple of other things I'll say...

After I was frozen (I still love those deaths) I PM'd Kison, as I'd linked Smash and jmurph at the start of Day 3, dunno exactly why now, but something triggered it and I was sure they were the team, lol.

Also, it taught me a strong lesson, don't allow someone to lurk in the background. If someone's lurking it's a high chance they're scum doing so, and if they're not, they'll be a liability later on anyway. This game proved as much as they only people truly lurking were the scum, and if anything I think it was me allowing them to get away with it.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”