SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Oh wait, unless I stripe it, what I asked makes no sense.
Crazy.
UncertainKitten wrote:they tend to take things out of context, which is pretty damn bad
How is that a bad thing?
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

You misunderstand quote stripes. I'm talking about a post that has line after line after line of random sundry quotes and short one liner responses. One or two quotes doesn't suck. It kinda makes sense.

As for taking things out of context...you WANT people to have a free ticket to misrep others? That's...kinda not good?

You could always repeat the crux of the point you are questioning to avoid overdoing quote stripes ^-^.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by SocioPath »

UncertainKitten wrote:You misunderstand quote stripes. I'm talking about a post that has line after line after line of random sundry quotes and short one liner responses. One or two quotes doesn't suck. It kinda makes sense.
But longer posts will have more to respond to individually.
And can be better responded to by the person reading the stripes.
UncertainKitten wrote:As for taking things out of context...you WANT people to have a free ticket to misrep others? That's...kinda not good?
A tool in my bag of arsenal happens to include...GASP...attacking those that misrep, and take things out of context.

Therefor if someone is striping and using it to misrep, then attack them.
No stripes mean no opportunity.

Lets look at it from a different angle:

Bolding is ugly, and in my theme, bolding causes massive ugly brown streaks to run down my computer.
So people who are continuously voting and FOSing annoy me, and I need them to stop.
People shouldn't vote for anyone ever until it has been decided who the town is going to lynch, then everyone should then vote and only then.
That way the ugliness is minimized.

Because vote patterns and those who normally vote a lot or don't vote a lot certainly don't need any of that used against them.

You are trying to delude the game to a blander form of what it should be.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:07 pm

That's a bullshit strawman and you damn well know it, SP.

How much longer do you want to argue this, btw? We are mostly chaffing up the game, like we always do. I have my position, you have yours. I've stated my response to it. I'm not going to AVOID quote stripe posts, but if I miss something, you'll probably have to restate it or rather directly point to it somehow.

Also, links in quote stripes still are really cool, if not as cool as just straight links and rephrasing it.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Voting patterns still say Pittbunny is a good wagon.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

Would it help if we started BW-ing one of you just so your argument gets focused towards something...more related to the current game? I see the quote stripe argument, and my opinion's more or less "If you hate em, don't read em, but you're losing information if you don't read em".
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

Jesters are also Decade's fault. ONORE DECADE!
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

Edit: Or you could bandwagon me. That works too, though I'm not sure if you'll learn anything more about me than you already have. Hopefully a wagon will get other people to speak up, so I approve on the basis that new information is good, even if it's not coming from my keyboard.
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Nah, we're adults, we can get out of the argument.

Also, if you are going to post could you at least produce some sort of content? at least the fight between me and SP has SOME mafia application, if not a lot.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Vote Cobalt because Cobalt.

Anyone else think that, above all else, Pittbunny is being really diplomatic?
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Noticing that myself. Unfortunately don't get the advantage of a cross game meta through the amazingness of offsite + similar behavior bullshit.

Granted, it'd be a general meta, not a specific one, which isn't as reliable.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Of course I would forget to bold first post of the game.
Vote Cobalt

Not really taking sides and posting fluff constantly is pretty bad either way, though.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Jack »

NavyCherub wrote:Vote Cobalt because Cobalt.

Anyone else think that, above all else, Pittbunny is being really diplomatic?
Yes.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Yeah, so I think I'll drop my vote.
Unvote
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Why'd you go and do that now, SP? Don't like the reactions to a possible Pitt wagon?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Twomz »

At any rate: What benefit for scum does self voting have? Especially in a meta where people will jump on you like mad for self voting?
So later in the game they can say 'See, I've only voted for scum, I'm obvious town.'

Does anyone actually remember being in a game with me before, I think I recognize CJMiller, but I might be thinking about someone else /shrug?

As much as I'd love to sit here and discuss WIFOM about people attacking each other to distance themselves (for a really silly reason) I think it'd be nice if we could get some kind of rhetoric going about the theme in general, especially if it could help us restrict possible role claims without revealing any power roles (although, the whole 'no vanilla's in the game makes that point seem kinda moot).

What about a genre claim? Or do y'all feel it'd be too early in the game for something like that?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten wrote:xvart, are we going to see quote stripes from you all game? Because dear God I am going to go batshit insane midway through D1 if I have to switch between brown and white 20 times everytime I read one of your posts.
lol? I guess you didn't notice but I did tone down the
horrid
"quote stripes" in the game you are referring to; but I did not do it for you. I really don't care all that much about how batshit crazy you do or not go this game. If you are not going to go out of your way to read or not read posts with some arbitrary number of quotes in it you'll be the one who has to explain it when you say "that post had too many quotes in it so I didn't really read it." I happen to prefer them to linked posts because it easily and clearly shows the conversation in questions instead of me having to open a multitude of tabs. By the way, how many quotes constitutes a post of quote stripes?

Furthermore, it seems your complaint (other than using a color scheme that doesn't promote a satisfactory reading experience) is the lack of content in posts, right? So isn't the true problem lack of content and not the quotes themselves? I agree that massively quoted posts can easily make the post bigger (duh) but just because there are a lot of quotes does not mean that a post with lots of quotes
cannot
have relevant content. And, if you have blatantly said that if you miss something that is said in quoted too damn bad; would it be okay for me to say "too damn bad" if I accidentally misrep something because I had to read through eight linked posts and got them mixed up?

As for your questions about Pittbunny: I don't know what benefit scum have for self voting other than it might be used as a way to diffuse a building bandwagon ("I'm comfortable voting myself, that's how town I am.") However, since he has yet to prove otherwise, self voting is at the very least anti-town. Coupled with the utter lack of content and nonsensical posting I am quite comfortable keeping my vote where it is.
Pittbunny wrote:Edit: Or you could bandwagon me. That works too, though I'm not sure if you'll learn anything more about me than you already have. Hopefully a wagon will get other people to speak up, so I approve on the basis that new information is good, even if it's not coming from my keyboard.
You already have a bandwagon on you and you have done nothing to convince me that there is a better candidate for my vote so far.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by SocioPath »

NavyCherub wrote:Why'd you go and do that now, SP? Don't like the reactions to a possible Pitt wagon?
Yeah.

Also votes are useless.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Twomz »

SocioPath wrote:Also votes are useless.
Meaning... you don't like voting patterns used for scum tells or that you just think the whole system is useless?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Twomz? What the hell kind of logic do you...what?

No...seriously, how does that work "I've only voted for scum so I'm obv town..."...to be said when SELF VOTING?

Please, try again when you've thought things through.

@xvart: I know it when I see it. Mostly when they effect the readability of a post.
regarding Pittbunny, nah, not seeing it except the annoying lack of content, which is sorta excusable on page three.
As for too damn bad, sure. If you can satisfactorily show your confusion. Good luck with that :thumbsup:
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Twomz wrote:
Meaning... you don't like voting patterns used for scum tells or that you just think the whole system is useless?
Yes.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Twomz »

SocioPath wrote:
Twomz wrote:
Yes.
Awesome.

@UncertainKitten: Wow, I keep forgetting that people don't know my playstyle anymore... it was a joke, I know it doesn't make any sense, that's because it's a paradox, it's not suppose to make sense. If my comment isn't directly related to catching scum expect it to be in jest and/or sarcastic, and even when I am trying to catch scum, the majority of my posts will be feeble attempts at humor.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by SocioPath »

^
Ironic post is ironic.
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by CJMiller »

xvart wrote:I guess you didn't notice but I did tone down the
horrid
"quote stripes" in the game you are referring to; but I did not do it for you.
Do not the rules state to keep business of other games away from this one?

FoS xvart
bending and poss breaking rules.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

Twomz wrote: What about a genre claim? Or do y'all feel it'd be too early in the game for something like that?
I'll bite provided we get a large enough pool to consent.

I don't quite follow Twomz's logic either, and I'm the one that actually self-voted. As for using a self-vote to diffuse a wagon on myself...sure. Why not. It worked out somewhat well, did it not? Granted, that's not the reason I did it, but in hindsight it's not an illogical ploy.

Why did I do it? I like discussion. Early bandwagons on a frequent poster (as I'm attempting to be) provide content from the other players, if not from the frequent poster. If said content yields useful data, then I can say it worked. Additionally, I got to learn at least a little bit about the out-game relationships of some of the earlier posters, which is useful in case debates start rising up involving them. This isn't enough data to justify a self-vote, but since when were self-votes completely justifiable in the early-game?

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by SocioPath »

According to rule 3 I've never seen any of you before in my entire life.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”