Mini 953: Star Control: Alliance Initiative (Over)

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by cruelty »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 6

cruelty
- 2 - Dry-fit, Merkabah - (L-4)
Dry-fit
- 4 - Plum, Gammagooey, CF Riot, cruelty - (L-2)

Players not voting: animorpherv1, bouncy.bouncy, Kast, Papa Zito, Porkens

Merkabah wrote: I don't think you have to make the assumption that zito is town in that situation at all.
He very well could have been scum trying to buddy with her.
In either consideration, she's town.
Merbakah wrote:
The former looks town
that potentially has info to confirm another town and the latter is the confrimee. cruelty,
right. so it's unreasonable for me to think he's town, but it's fine for you to?

i'm sort of intrigued at exactly where you're going with this. it's scummy that i thought zito was possibly a target
if
he was town? it's scummy that i have a null read on on plum? huh?
Merbakah wrote: Well I was on CF's case yesterday and still have him on my scum list. I've already explained I have a town read on her, so I don't care about her vote. So, sup man, do your research. But it's cool, you trying divert attention elsewhere makes me happy.

well, as far as i could see (and i could be wrong), the only time you ever mentioned plum as being town is in the two quotes at the top of this post. i've done my research and to be honest there's not a whole lot of plumtown sentiment in any of your posts.

cruelty wrote: I don't buy your night action. I believe you were trying to block energy being sent to Porkens and didn't understand your role couldn't do that. I don't see what that has to do with my day 1 reads at all.
because your read isn't based on fact at all, merely speculation about my intentions regarding a night action. speculation which neatly ignores the logical improbabilities that had to have taken place for me to be scum.

Merbakah wrote: It does if he didn't understand the action, which has been proven in thread.
misunderstanding != scum.

merbakah wrote:In either consideration, she's town.
merbakah wrote:In fairness it gave Plum a lot of town cred in my book. She's not cleared by any means, but I certainly have no interest in considering her scum unless it were a situation much closer to lylo.
you've gone overboard with the pro-plumness in this post (which is imo a departure from the relative distance you've preserved up until this point). why is this suddenly such an imperative point to make?
the nexus of the crisis
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:01 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Gammagooey wrote:Now, if you'd like to wait until Sunday to actually vote to make sure Kast actually gets back and has a chance to do something, I'm all for it. However, you should state your intention to vote him now so we can have a chance to evaluate his claim before Sunday.
I want to wring some content from bouncy.bouncy's scrawny little neck before I decide.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Kay.

HEY BOUNCY.
You said earlier you came from a different mafia site than this. I did too, and I originally played on epicmafia. They have 10-30 minute long games there. Although playing there has made me significantly better here, it has also made me probably one of the least patient people on this site.

I GUESS what I'm trying to say here is you should hurry up and tell Zito who you're suspicious of, and who you think is scum, and you should do it before I go crazy from frustration and no longer care about who gets lynched for the day.

Kthanks,
The Gammagooey.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Well SOMEONE's in a hurry to get to night.

I mean, what, you aren't curious about where bouncy's head is right now?
Kappa
Just Monika
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Gammagooey »

A little, otherwise I wouldn't have asked him.

Fast answers>slow answers in just about any situation I can think of though.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Porkens »

Gammagooey wrote:Kay.

HEY BOUNCY.
You said earlier you came from a different mafia site than this. I did too, and I originally played on epicmafia. They have 10-30 minute long games there. Although playing there has made me significantly better here, it has also made me probably one of the least patient people on this site.

I GUESS what I'm trying to say here is you should hurry up and tell Zito who you're suspicious of, and who you think is scum, and you should do it before I go crazy from frustration and no longer care about who gets lynched for the day.

Kthanks,
The Gammagooey.
We are brothers, you and I.
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:39 am

Post by Merkabah »

Cruelty: confusion (fake or real) is more likely to come from scum. Both for the reason that they have more interactions to try to keep straight (making it harder to get certain things straight) and that confusion is a great cover to make it look like you're active and gives you breathing room to see the flow of the town and go with that.

As for Plum, she's been one of our town reads throughout the game; which is why we haven't questioned her or mentioned her really at all. I thought that she hasn't done anything suspicious at all so I wouldn't see where any large thought that she's scum would come from.

I will not support a no-lynch. If it gets to tomorrow (or even late tonight) and nothing has changed, vote-wise; I will switch to Dry-Fit. You can consider this a L-1.5 if you want but we can't risk not lynching.
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:22 am

Post by Merkabah »

Let me elaborate for Amished,
cruelty wrote:right. so it's unreasonable for me to think he's town, but it's fine for you to?

i'm sort of intrigued at exactly where you're going with this. it's scummy that i thought zito was possibly a target if he was town? it's scummy that i have a null read on on plum? huh?
sigh. talking to you is becoming very dull, very quickly because you don't seem to be able to interpret things very well.

What is unreasonable is what you are putting forth as your thought process on the night action. You're welcome to have whatever reads you want, but what I am saying is that the information Zito put forth points to Plum-town either way you cut it. I don't see why she would not be high on your list of potential night targets if you are town and were doing what you say you were doing. I don't buy that yesterday Porkens (or Gamma for that matter) looked more town than Plum.
cruelty wrote:well, as far as i could see (and i could be wrong), the only time you ever mentioned plum as being town is in the two quotes at the top of this post. i've done my research and to be honest there's not a whole lot of plumtown sentiment in any of your posts.
See Amished's above post. I don't know how much experience you have, but generally when I have a town read on someone I'm not going to sit there and scream it at the town unless my stance needs to be clarified or that person is in danger of being lynched. Stating town reads on a whole is beneficial to scum and not so much to town.
cruelty wrote:because your read isn't based on fact at all, merely speculation about my intentions regarding a night action. speculation which neatly ignores the logical improbabilities that had to have taken place for me to be scum.
How is it an improbability? You've shown in thread that you don't understand your role and what it does or does not block. That's a fact, right? Your reasoning for selecting Porkens looks arbitrary to me and more like you were justifying yourself after Gamma had seen you targeting. I don't see how that doesnt' make sense to you.
cruelty wrote:you've gone overboard with the pro-plumness in this post (which is imo a departure from the relative distance you've preserved up until this point). why is this suddenly such an imperative point to make?
To point out how poor your reasoning for selecting Porkens was when one looks closely at it.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Papa Zito »

vote: bouncy.bouncy

Post or die.
Kappa
Just Monika
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:44 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

cruelty wrote:
bouncy.bouncy wrote:
Porkens wrote:Wait, so the scum DID try to kill me? And cruelty saved me?
Where did this come from?
Is yours the other ship that was destroyed?
And yeah, I read the responses to this but I still don't get it.

I understand that cruelty protected you, but what made you suddenly think that he blocked an attack?
thus marking the second time you've requested information that you (as town) don't really need, and tried to mask it with general ignorance.
The first time I got called out for asking a question, I did need to know the answer, because it made the difference between a scum slip-up and a confirmed night action.

I don't care if I don't need to know why Porkens suddenly thought he was targeted by a killer; I
wanted
to know, and I don't see any way that scum would benefit from knowing which ship Porkens was on.
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:48 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

Papa Zito wrote:bouncy.bouncy, scumlist plz.
Kast, Merkabah, and CF Riot.

I'm inclined to believe the 4 people involved with claimed actions are town, so if I'm wrong about that they would be next.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Papa Zito »

^^^ interesting.

Reasoning?
Kappa
Just Monika
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:53 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

I was posting as I read. So jeez, page 15 people, I wasn't gone that long.
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:10 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

Papa Zito wrote:^^^ interesting.

Reasoning?
Kast because he seemed to be one pushing the RBT lynch without giving him a chance. And he keeps giving unnecessary information--slipping in things about not having any energy (I assume trying to imply he's not scum) while at the same time getting on my case about asking for what he calls unnecessary information.

Merkabah because I keep reading his posts as just spewing BS. Not seeing a lot of content there, and planting subtle suspicion about too many people.

CF Riot because all I've seen him do is point out reasons people could be scummy and ask questions without following them up.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:12 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I just realized something.
vote:CF Riot
, and I can't explain the rest unless I get doctor protection.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:15 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

animorpherv1 wrote:I just realized something.
EBWOP: That wwasn't supposed to be role fishing. I meant unless you guys want me to claim, and I will need Doctor protection.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:20 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

unvote
nevermind. Was thinking off.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:20 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

animorpherv1 wrote:
unvote
nevermind. Was thinking off.
and confusing my role in this game with my role in another.

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:41 am

Post by cruelty »

that's a bizarre series of posts.
the nexus of the crisis
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

cruelty wrote:that's a bizarre series of posts.
LOL I know. Clrification:

I mixed up this role with another
I (for some reason which I've forgotten) thought CF Riot was scum
I searched for a while, because I was still ooking for stuff
I found what I was looking for, whiched made me understand that I was wrong
I figured out I mixed up 2 roles.

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Porkens »

animorpherv1 wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:I just realized something.
EBWOP: That wwasn't supposed to be role fishing. I meant unless you guys want me to claim, and I will need Doctor protection.

Ok, let's pretend that this wasn't the meat in an insanity sandwich, and explain to me what response you would expect from this post.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Porkens wrote: We are brothers, you and I.
BRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOTHER.

I think bouncy's reason for thinking the 4 night action'd people are town is dumb, but I really like his reasoning for his scum reads, even though I don't agree with all of them.

Ani, aside from the herpadurr role confusion, do you think anyone is scum other than Zito? And what do you think about the Dry-fit wagon and the people on it? Also Porkens' question is a good question that you should answer.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Porkens »

Guys, I'm not sure how long I'll be around tomorrow before deadline. So someone should put dry-fit at l-1 so I can hammer when I log on again
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Wow. My last post was Tuesday. I've been reading everyday pretty much. Just, not much to say.

Still comfortable with a Dry lynch.

I flip flop on Merk. I disagree with a lot of what he posts but I have a hard time deciding if it's scummy or not.

@Bouncy, please tell me what you think I have not followed up on and I'll tell you why you're wrong. Bouncy's D1 play didn't bother me at all. Even today, I don't see much of what he's done as scummy. His scum list intrigues me though. I think Kast has been pretty pro-town.

Gamma and Plum look town. Cruelty and Zito are gray area, but they're getting the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know why we're giving Porkens such strong town cred. In the past when I played with town-Porkens I felt like he was obv town for most of the game. He doesn't seem too scummy this game, but his lack of town feel (IMO) makes me worry.

Then there's Ani. For the longest time I was scrutinizing Ani and he was leaning scum in my head. But rereading and trying to look at the big picture, I'm thinking now that he's town, if somewhat flailing and discombobulated town.

I think that pretty much sums up the world of Riot right now.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:01 am

Post by Porkens »

bump

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”